[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Hidden meaning behind what JP said to JD at the breakup scene on the bridge:

JP: You came all the way here to say that? I guess you're getting along well now.

---> Knowing how much JD had to go through because of him mom, he is in fact verifying that JD and her family are doing better now without his mom's intervention.

JP: What do you want? By chance, you're not expecting lines like: I'm sorry, Forgive me, I'll go back to you so wait.

---> This is what JP actually wants to tell her, his true feelings.

JD: So to you I'm...

JP: A stain I want to erase.

--> Means that he wants to forget her (because he feels he has to), but "wants" also implies that he in fact has not been able to do so.

JD: I'm going to go. Be well.

JP: Just worry about yourself.

--> Shows that he's actually worried about her. He's telling her not to worry about him (even though he's hurting himself), but to take care of herself, fully aware of the problems she has to carry (ie the fact that she cant swim anymore). [credit to 13infamyss]

Posters have been reacting to how cold JP was at the bridge, even if we know what his true intentions are. But I think his conversation with JD at the bridge is alot more telling, no?

Guest lucky_moon

does anyone notice the doctor? I think he's the old man who always eats at JD workplace, and how is he related to JP noticed the picture frame?.

He is JH grandfather.. :) If u saw Ep13 JD looked at JH family's pix in his house but I think she didn't realize that man in the pix is the one who always visit the porridge restaurant..

JP: You came all the way here to say that? I guess you're getting along well now.

---> Knowing how much JD had to go through because of him mom, he is in fact verifying that JD and her family are doing better now without his mom's intervention.

JP: What do you want? By chance, you're not expecting lines like: I'm sorry, Forgive me, I'll go back to you so wait.

--> Means that he wants to forget her (because he feels he has to), but "wants" also implies that he in fact has not been able to do so.

Posters have been reacting to how cold JP was at the bridge, even if we know what his true intentions are. But I think his conversation with JD at the bridge is alot more telling, no?

Awwwwe.... this is very, very insightful. Didn't think of it in this way. Gives a different meaning of the scene, too. Post of the day.

I also the thought the "getting along well" comment also included the friendship of F3.

HAH! wow thanks for saying that

moreover, i remembered there was also that point before Junpyo leaves, he says to jandi "you should worry about yourself" or something like that. you can feel that he's actually worried about her. he's like telling her not to worry about others when she herself has own problems to carry (ie the fact that she cant swim anymore)

HAH! wow thanks for saying that

moreover, i remembered there was also that point before Junpyo leaves, he says to jandi "you should worry about yourself" or something like that. you can feel that he's actually worried about her. he's like telling him not to worry about others when she herself has own problems to carry (ie the fact that she cant swim anymore)

Ooh, I like that as well! I'm going to update my post above with your comment and quote you for this one.

u're so awesome. & korean drama is very good at this. every conversation has its own meaning. the PD is excellent, too. this drama has many deep meanings :) wait for 4 days :rolleyes:

Guest V-ni@star

episode 14 gave me sad n happy feeling...

things didnt work really well with jp n jd..

but i love jihoo n jandi moments.....

my fav part was when jp saw jandi with the shoes.. then he tried to get the shoe for jandi...

then when jp entered his mom office with that scary expressions..

it is just sad that jp tried to keep his promise with his dad but he abandone the one he love.. his mom is just so cruel, using his son feeling to get wat she want...

Guest sweet_maple

Am I the only one not cry when watching the episode 14??? Well my friend watched with me and she did cry a lot. It is not that I am the cold heart but this is the first drama that I feel hurt inside but I couldn't cry. The pain that I feel is much more than crying. I used to be in the same situation of JD ( I had the serious problem with my health and had been dumped at the same time), only thing that I can say that GOO HYe Soo acted so well. The way she kept her tears not to fall down when standing in front of Jun Pyo ( thought it couldn't help), I somehow see my self in the past :rolleyes: . This is the greatest version. All the actors and actress bring out the real emotion. I love this drama so much

Ooh, I like that as well! I'm going to update my post above with your comment and quote you for this one.

These two posts have really added a new angle to view this from. It makes me ache more. OH!

Guest betchay

Jun Pyo was a bit surprised when YJ mentioned that JD can't swim anymore bec of him but he didn't

fully understand the situation. :phew:

I know its a complete torture for JP, but i hope in ep 15, somebody will send again a photos of

JH & JD while they were playing in Macau like the resto scene when he felt bothered seeing JH & JD

together. lol :lol: My GOD.. i wonder how he will act after the piggyback thingy. He'll go crazy

again. As a long friend of JH, he knows him best that doing such a thing for a girl has a big reason. :D

So my speculation.. he'll go back to Korea after knowing about JD's shoulder & of course

he can't just give JD away to JH. :wub:

Goo Hye Sun is the perfect jandi !!! from the manga, jandi is small and with big round eyes.

Not thin and lanky.She was chosen because she has the most similiar looks to makino or jandi

and she is an experienced actress .The PD explained that with the rest of f4 being newbies,

to have her is the best choice.

which i am sure alot of people agree..So pls no more anti -GHS . :vicx:

one small wish....Hopefully they will follow the manga where junpyo is never in love with the fiancee.

Junpyo is destine to love jandi forever ..like he said "to be responsible to the end, that is what a man

should be."

Guest xiaomaii

ga eul went missing today!

oh no!

where is she????

article here!

hope she's not sick or on an accident! :crazy:

They have article translations here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=276152

But honestly, I feel really bad for her. >___<

dang! that could really be bad for her..

in the article before hand it says that the agency of her was already told they can't make it due to strict schedule.

and the scene suppose to be filmed out is a very important scene.

to the fact..the whole cast (i mean literally--the mom, noona, JK fam., etc.))are waiting with hundreds of back up cast and renting the hotel! that's money..

and the episode filming was again delayed and pushed back more further..

hope they could settle it and give her one more chance..

after all they still can't ditch her for some reason..

I really like her role in this drama.

but..whoah! this is really a huge dilemma goin' on here!

hopefully her agency would create a reasonable deal with the Group 8.

Group 8 is really strict, I mean who's production company who wouldn't right?

Guest christiane

many bad news of our BOF, right? i really hope that GE"s company gives out reasonable excuse.u know, the cast has to wait & a lot of money for renting the hotel...

anyway, they're filming the birthday party, i wonder whether Jp escapses with JD or his fiancee (he mistakes her for JD). & if he escapes with the fiancee, really wish he would leave her in the street (like Jversion). ha ha :)

because the show is a big hit and since it is really popular everywhere, a lot of news is going out. Some are made from a lil thing and made big by media and crazy fan speculating about this. Anyways rumour and everything is spreading around.

I don t mind if this is true or false and all, the news make me a lil sad because they could hurt some of the cast or worried the crew filming member. Why so many bad news for just one drama? why speculating about one lil schedule incident? is that a marketing strategy to get more popular? is that they need it to make people talk.

how could we just stop this things? make a petitions to close the main website?! :sweatingbullets:

It seems that they already involved in a lot of justice procedure. I just hope media would quiet a lil and let the actors actress and filming members do their job and enjoying filming for us viewers from everywhere in the country... :rolleyes: ..arff maybe a vain wish right?!

JD: I'm going to go. Be well.

JP: Just worry about yourself.

--> Shows that he's actually worried about her. He's telling her not to worry about him (even though he's hurting himself), but to take care of herself, fully aware of the problems she has to carry (ie the fact that she cant swim anymore). [credit to 13infamyss]

you are right!

now i see that scene without hating JP

now ill cry more and more with that scene cuz

JP is suffering ;___;

JunDi.. FIGHTING..

no ep 15 preview yet?

Guest restlesspetals

I agree with blue_angel_1004's post. After rewatching that breakup scene, I got a different perspective. Obviously, the mom has been keeping a close tab on the F3, Jandi, and Junpyo, hence she was looking at the pictures of the breakup scene on the bridge. I think Junpyo is well aware of this, that he's being watched. Therefore, right afterwards, he goes angrily to his mom, saying "Are you happy now?" Clearly he was putting up an act for his mom to see (Kind of the opposite of the act in episode 10 where he kissed Jandi in the street to defy his mom) Thus, instead of merely a breakup with Jandi, it was also an act to show his mom, which may be why he's being an extra jerk by saying all those stuff. From all we know, the mom may not just have pictures, but videotaped it to make sure what they are saying. Junpyo didn't want to risk it, since they are kind of in a public place.

Anybody noticed Jandi wearing supershort skirt? it kinda bothers me, cos she was meant to be a down to earth person. It doesn't really suit Tsukishi's image. and i could see her wearing high heels everywhere in Macau. gosh, a bit vain for such a character don't you think? i just rewatch the japanese version and i must say Inoue Mao did it very well. she really looked like a commoner, a girl next door. Jandi, on the other hand, didn't give me that feeling at all.

i said the same thing to my friend...i mean, being a simple girl would mean normal-length high school skirts and sensible shoes, rite?

I finally watched 13 and 14.

Even if there was barely any MinHo in 13, I still loved the episode because it sort of foreshadowed how much

Jandi will have to go through yet again just find her dream.

Just with episode 14 alone, I can now say for sure that this is the best version.

The character development is amazing; Jihoo and Jandi's friendship is becoming more emphasized and not in a way that you'd hate them both for it,

but more like you feel so light-hearted when you see them together.

And Lee MinHo's portrayal of Goo JunPyo is really amazing, no words to describe.

That scene when he was watching the videos...love or family.

This is where we get to see that JunPyo and Jandi are somehow alike. Even if they know their feelings for each other, sometimes equally important things should come first, like family.

In ep 11 and 12, Jandi chose family over JunPyo, ep 13 and 14, JunPyo chose family and Shinhwa over Jandi.

If you guys have KBS world, you really should watch BoF there. Everything seems so much better on TV, even the acting.

I know we can see the episodes on youtube, but seeing it on a bigger screen really gives the drama a whole different feeling.

After seeing episode 1 and 2 again, I honestly regretted all those complaints I said in the past.

It wasn't really that bad at all, like Jihoo's acting wasn't actually that stiff, and it even looked a lot more natural.

Even the bgmusic sounded so better.

does anyone notice the doctor? I think he's the old man who always eats at JD workplace, and how is he related to JP noticed the picture frame?.

Actually, if you watched episode 13 very carefully you'll see that the doctor(ep 14), the old man in Slow food and Jihoo's grandfather is the same person.

Master in slow food even almost slipped that he knew who Jihoo was.

Remember when the F3 were helping GaEul and Jandi, master gave a cookie or whatever to Jihoo and then he said something along the lines of " you like that( you used to like that)" but then he caught himslef and said instead "you'll like that".

I think this means that master worked for Jihoo's grandfather in the past.