[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I don't think that should even count. Most of the time he was just expressionless and walked away. It was too long ago so I don't remember but he was someone the girl liked from far away.

or someone the girl didn't have enough courage to go talk to and hang around. Plus it was a sitcom drama. Not a serious one.

Anyways. I'll look forward to his future scenes. Truthfully, there wasn't THAT many scenes of rui. Except of him being waken up by jandi. And walking around.

I think hyunjoong settled the topic of him being different from the rest of the f4 well so far. Right now rui is just a mysterious guy that is nice to jandi. The juicy stuff is yet to come.

hey eseul ^^

besides walking around and smiling... he's the typical walking statue :ph34r:

i'm happy with his effort on changing his speaking tone, that was quite unexpected :)

surprisingly i like hyesun's acting, her tears welling up when screaming at the staircase

was different from the other versions and i like that too.

treat for all, credit to DC gal.

624594e9.jpg

Guest liligonecrazy

I absolutely loved it. There are some similarities to the other versions but overall I thought it was pretty good. I loved seeing Hyun Joong act. hehehe.

I don't know if anyone posted this but dramabeans did a recap on Episode 1, it clarifies a lot since I don't know that much korean and still working on it

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/01/boys-bef...ana-yori-dango/

Credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/

maybe, just maybe, some people were not able to watch or read the announcements, interviews, teasers, and what-have-yous about this particular drama having a twist from the manga. i love the taiwanese & japanese versions of HYD, but i kept an open mind when i started watching BOF since it is supposed to be somewhat different.

and i absolutely loved it :D

of course, it is just the first ep. we all know that the juicy parts are not until the next few episodes so acting-wise, i am pretty much satisfied.

the geum family was hilarious... acting -- perfect :) jan di was, well, over-acting at some parts (mainly due to her facial expression), but over-all she did a great job for the the first ep.. i am looking forward to all episodes :D

min ho's acting was really good! even without subs, he can immediately establish the scene where he's supposed to be his real playful self, where he is scheming, or where he is lording above everyone else :D

kang hee-joo is perfect as jun pyo's mom! classy and scary at the same time.

kim bum and woobin's characters weren't given much, but that just gives you something to look forward to... hyun joong looked stiff because he was quiet and cool? nope, for me he was good. he was supposed to be F4-cool at some parts and charming as hell in some.

i just depend on their facial expressions that's why english subs would help me determine more if their character transition deliveries were spot-on :)

thanks for all the screencaps and summaries!

Guest gglover

Chinese subbing teams (e.g TSKS and Showfa TV) never release soft subs. They always release hardsubs.

cococrust already posted the download links for hardsubs here.

thanks! i saw the links to the hard subbed videos earlier and just wanted to see if a soft one is floating around to go with the HQ.

Ep 1 Ratings

Nationwide

7. 미니시리즈<꽃보다남자> KBS2 14.3

Seoul

6. 미니시리즈<꽃보다남자> KBS2 14.4

oh its not bad. i thought it was 10% or something. ^_^

i hope the digits will increase though as the episodes go on ^_^

*nosebleed*

++++

i just skimmed through some scenes after downloading the 1st episode, i think its good so far

*patiently waits for the eng sub*

Guest pcm_0101

OH, Minho is like..the hottest casted F4 leader by far...AH, he is absolutely HOOOT..

AH, he's amazing..cant get over him

and kim bum is the most adorable cutest flirtatious guy ever..

he's liike...a baby-faced player...ahaha..LOOVE it...

best casting of the guys...

but the girl is "eh"..alright..

but i love the 1st ep, even without subs..=D

Guest hayuna

^ The scene where the girl who likes Junpyo gets cake'd doesn't involve Jandi actually standing up to the F4- the yelling is all part of her imagination, the words she'd like to say but doesn't. Jihoo's smiling because while Jandi doesn't say anything, he knows what she's thinking because he overheard her ranting on the stairs.

Semi fly, the approach would work if you're watching a more realistic drama, depicting a more realistic world. Remember that this is a manga adaptation. This world that is painted by BOF is so far from reality, with all the ridiculousness it has (WHO arrives at school in a helicopter, no matter how rich they are? WHO plays violin in the woods wearing a suit?). The logic of it all bugged me too the first 10 minutes before I remembered that this isn't supposed to be 'normal' or 'common'. The ridiculousness is what sets it apart. And Curly IS supposed to be a total jerk, if he'd been anything but, he's not Junpyo (or Domyouji).

Wohoo, more episode tonight!

ETA: Am I the only one loving the Tarty Trio?? Gawd, I love that 'Janice' girl with her two accomplice, Plastic 1 and Plastic 2. I must say, they're pretty funny, again, in a totally nonsensical way.