[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest valmylove

thanks soooo much lilcrash for the links... do u think if we use the same link we will be able to watch the rest of the episodes?? or would u mind posting them?

I am quite satified with this version though I felt Jandi was trying a bit to hard, especially the yelling part.

I like the chemistry btwn all characters.

I love how Jandi and KHJ meet three times alrdy!! *swoon* and I agree with... someone that post that he

looks like a young BJY.... he does though he have his little charm!!!

can't wait for the next episodes...it's like falling in love all over again and the heart just won't stay still until

I see him (ep 2) again (or during and even after)...LOL :sweatingbullets: :blush: :blink:

edit: wow 110 users!!! cool!!

yes, i would like to comment on how their college is named Shinhwa too!!! I do like the sound of it but does a

college does exist call "Shinhwa" or is it made up??

Thanks everyone for their contribution!!!

Guest KiBUm_Love

p.s I love the fashion, and Lee Min Ho... he looks sooo handsome. :w00t:

YES. omfg. minho oppa looks AMAZING<3

i was really excited for this drama when i found out hj got casted

but when i found out tsukasa was going to be leeminho, i flipped out!

i loved this kid since like.. 4 years ago-ish

ahh i really hope this drama does well.

this might sound really superficial and shallow

and people might hate me for saying this but

out of all the 3 versions

this one has the best eye-candy f4 members.

haha. i thought the funniest thing in this ep. was oobin. the way he talked was so funny xD

Guest star06

I watched the first episode last night the beginning was a bit slow

it was not as exciting as i thought it would be

but it seemed like from episode 2 on it should pick up..

the storyline is a bit similar to the other hana yoris..

sorry to say but the lead actress is slightly awkward in this role

and sorry to say to hyun joong.. but he was slightly awkward as well

but i'm sure it'll improve from now on.. ^_^ .. hopefully ^^:

Guest valley girl

totally agree! it was kinda surprising.

on a side note..

comparing it to hana yori dango (isnt it inevitable?), i think the korean actors are better cast. like they look more like the manga. especially tsukasa/joon pyo- he looks so similar to his manga counterpart hahaha

tsukasa = korean better... i think in terms of looks, similarity to manga, and also acting haha matsu is alright but a little stiff

rui = japanese better... i think hyun joong is really stiff and rather cold (owing to his own abilities and direction of PD most likely, respectively). oguri was nicer quicker i think, and just.. more likable haha

the other two = w/e lol. all 4 are good looking except.. well joon and matsuda are kinda eh lol

random: i like how the title of the show is korean and japanese ^^ its a nice nod~

For me this korean most suitable with comics from face etc,, they looks young japanese version looks ahjussi face's

Sorry no offense ..

Taiwan version is college student so different

Guest PecanPie02

uhm. quick question.

i just watched like ep1.1 or something (really not far) but i was wondering the guy who jandi saved... he seemed familiar... did he come out in another drama? and is he suppose to be that not so rich friend Makino has at the school?

hehe thanks :D

Guest Kimi_chan

Thanks for the MF links(: cus for some reason MU links don't work for me any more.

& I hope someone will update the first post with links so users don't have to go through all the pages to find DDL.

Guest yangpa

OMG THE FIRST EPISODE WAS JUST PHENOMENAL! haha. I was practically lol-ing non-stop. :lol:

Dang, Lee Min Ho is just so HAWT. :wacko: :blush:

And for the first time, i actually liked the three mean girls. LOL, they are so funny! :w00t:

I personally feel that the supporting characters did superbly well. The evil mom and jandi's family, WOW. :blink:

Sigh, i was really upset when i saw the canteen food. Like, is that really a CANTEEN?! Omg, more like a 5-star hotel buffet or something. It made my tummy rumbled like mad. :(

Guest KiBUm_Love

uhm. quick question.

i just watched like ep1.1 or something (really not far) but i was wondering the guy who jandi saved... he seemed familiar... did he come out in another drama? and is he suppose to be that not so rich friend Makino has at the school?

hehe thanks :D

yes his name is jung eui chul (정의철)

he was in Rainbow Romance (aka nonstop 6)

and also Doraemifasolatido (with jang geun suk)

he was in other stuff too, but ive only seen these 2 -0-

Guest D R E A M

i just finished watching the 1st ep. and it was better than i expected.

Kim Bum was so cute and his smile.. ><

hyun joong was really hot and suprisingly matched his role really well :]

and lee min ho... his hair really bothered me but i got used to it

GHS's acting i feel like is different than her previous dramas and she was overdoing some parts.. but i quickly got used to that too

overall i can't wait for the next ep. and i'm already a big fan for this drama:]

p.s. the guy that jandi saved, is he a big part in the drama? because using a known actor for such a little part seems a little weird.

i am waiting for this series because i really love METEOR GARDEN when i watched it 6-7 years ago...

and i also watched the Japanese version...

i think the Korean version is different from the other 2 version...

watching this series makes me feel much younger as so many series nowadays cannot make me laugh that much...

most of the series showing are so serious or trying to be funny...this one is really entertaining...

i will not wonder if MBC will start worrying especially after episode 2.

now i want that lamb with the SHINHWA School uniform...it was so cute. :sweatingbullets:

this is a GOOD START for KBS...no BIG NAMES in the series...but truly entertaining and alluring one.

Guest mymyx2

Had to watch it without subs. I cannot wait. T.T

Haha the first episode was funny, though I found it overly exaggerated at some parts.

I love the JanDi's family, especially the dad and the little brother. So cute!

Sad to say this, but I didn't really like portrayal of Rui/JiHoo by HyunJoong. Well, at least it wasn't how I expected Rui/JiHoo to be. He seems more "dead" to me than the quiet romantic type. -.-" Hopefully he'll grow on me later on.

MinHo did a good job as Tsukasa/JunPyo though. I definately like him the best out of the other Tsukasas

But YiJung and WooBin caught my eye instead of JunPyo and JiHoo. ><

The three mean girls are...well mean. They are annoying, but I find their characters fun to watch.

And I kind of like JanDi so far, the tomboy-ish girl that fights for justice. :D

The preview for the next episode looks exciting. I think I saw JanDi ready to kick/punch JunPyo.

Guest I AM MOJO JOJO

yes his name is jung eui chul (정의철)

he was in Rainbow Romance (aka nonstop 6)

and also Doraemifasolatido (with jang geun suk)

he was in other stuff too, but ive only seen these 2 -0-

will he come out in the drama again? or was that it for his part..?

Guest boboflower

oh man. i was so looking forward to it.

maybe i have too much expectation or the benchmark was too high, ep 1 was a dissapointment.

the boys was hot i give points for that and the clothing is good but the setting....

can't they find a better or digitally recreate a grand looking school. i mean it is a school for rich and famous it need some class and luxury, and not to mention the balcony (definately need some renovation) and that girl Gu Hye Sun :sweatingbullets: her looks, expression and acting level totally not on par with previous makinos.

ep 2 better pick up i have high hopes for Hana Yori Dango to beat EOE

aja aja fighting!!!!!!

Guest jaejoongie <3

I just watched the first episode on youtube! thanks to whoever uploaded it =)

things I liked:

- Jandi's family. Her little brother is SO adorable! omg I just wanna pinch his cheeks. I love the scene at the beginning when her dad is sending her to school, and the car alarm (or whatever that was lol) goes off. :lol:

- Lee Minho! I thought he was great in his role. This might be the first time I like Domyouji more than Rui.

things I didn't like:

- F4's entrance. LOL I don't think there's a way of not making it look cheesy, but mann they were like glowing LOL

- Kim Hyun Joong. I don't know, he wasn't exactly bad, but he didn't make me swoon over him either and Rui is like my favorite character in the manga.

- the engrish. "Yo yo yo whassup man" 0_0

the bullying scene at the beginning was really violent wow was the guy getting beat up Jung Eui Chul?

I like the ss501 song playing at the end (at least.. I think it's ss501)

I agree with you 100%!

I cringed when I watched the "yo yo yo wassup man!" Part. I HATE it when asian people do that... lol. It doesn't even look cool.... I hope they don't do that again. I'm disappointed with the script writer. I'm sure that wasn't ad libbed into there.

But I liked Jandi's acting. It's different from the past makinos but it has a new freshness to her character. And that's just what we need when there has already been two of the same dramas. I liked Jandi's almost crying scene when she was being egged.

I too liked the scene when Jandi's father dropped her off to school.

As for Kim Hyun Joong, maybe it's his hard facial expression. If he smiled more often I think he would make a more swooning rui. My favorite scene was when Hyunjoong was helping wipe the egg off her face.

The scene were junpyo got confessed to... and then the girl got caked. That was hilarious. I loved it :D

I think Jandi's brother was cute too! The scene where Jandi was getting cucumber facial and his brother snuck a cucumber slice and ate it. So cute! :D

The family is very off from the original manga but I think they managed to keep the spirit of the family. And it wont make much of a difference to the plot. Also, it makes the story much more believable.