[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest hopesofgreen

however, goo hye sun seems to be overacting a lil bit. some of those facial expressions were a bit too contrived. i think the japanese makino was more nuanced and subtle so i hope she tones it down after the first few eps or it'll become another one of those dramas where the male leads are hella fine but the girl is just.... annoying. and makino is an awesome female protagonist so it'd be a shame if they let that happen.

I noticed that too in the 7 minute trailer. I like Goo Hye Sun, and she's a fine actress. However, she seems to really exaggerate some of those facial expressions. I hope she plays Makino/Jandi a bit more subtle. Makino/Jandi is one of my favorite female protagonists, and I really really hope GHS does her justice. *crosses fingers*

Ahh, but I'm so excited. The wait feels so long!

Guest littledango

im so excited for this. i cant wait! omo and hyunjoong is in it ^^ im so sad that joongbo is no more in WGM.

i even saw a small clip of the drama of the main girl and hyunjoong kissing.

i felt really sad because hyunjoong and hwangbo used to be together ><;;

oh well... Hyunjoong Fighting!

Guest manderley_angel

^ exactly. i was a joongbo fan too when i was still following WGM... but here Kim Hyunjoong isn't playing himself, he's playing "Yoo Jihoo/Hanazawa Rui." ;)

and plus that fact that he wasn't really married to Hwangbo. :lol::rolleyes:

Guest nhamthach

when I see this image and clip conference , I think her dress beautiful more than when she in conference with Eric , she face young and cute between F4. Hopefully film will successful :blush:

Guest copeland4vr

hmm...i've just watched the trailer posted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe5H7urfbiA) and i have mixed feelings.

don't get me wrong, i absolutely luv'd hana yori dango--i apologize, but in spite of the movie <_< and i've had a ton of anticipation for the show, but the trailer hasn't hooked me. i'm curious on how the franchise will be interpreted...and i hope it goes well! maybe i'm a bit hesitant b/c i'm not familar with any of the actors, or maybe it's "doumyouji"s hair--LOL, just kidding!!! i wasn't sure about matsumoto's hair either but the superficial stuff tends to grow on me!

oops! this is a bit long, in sum wishing the show best of luck--i hope its really good quality and does well. excited for Jan!!!! :)

For some weird reason, altho I was looking forward to Hyun Jung as Rui, he didn't really capture my attention in the trailer. I found his acting a bit...erm... unnatural? I don't know, I think I have to watch the whole thing before I can truly judge him...he's still very handsome tho. =P

But Kim Bum <33 gahh... he's soooo charming. And Lee Min Ho too, not digging the perm, but I think he has very expressive eyes, which makes his character more interesting.

Jandi's just like any other cutesy female lead out there... and I didn't feel as if she came from a poor family.

Not much to say about the other F4 guy cos I don't know him...

My fav? Jandi's father..:lol:

Judging from the trailer, LMH definitely captured my attention the most. Like someone else said, he has very expressive eyes, and I think he pulls off the perm quite well :D . As for the others...well, their acting appeared to be rather flat, but the trailer was only a few minutes long so...

Jan 5th, Jan 5th, Jan 5th...............................

Guest elise0605

i....

don't...

not agree :)

(lol double negatives =positive)

i totally would love to see 'MY' shiwonie as doyouji<33

hehe more eyecandy for me

but no one will beat oguri shun as rui. not even cutie hyun jung.

I totally agree with you about that. Oguri shun will be the best.

I feel Huyn jung a little femalish( like a girl not a boy). Although Rui is a internal guy ( I mean he likes alone), he is certainly cool and the spiritual reliance for Tsukushi . The way HJ represents( costumes) is pinkish , not suitable for Rui ( out : cool, in :hot), costumes are girlish

But, Lee min ho is my most favorite and hopeful actor.

Costumes and outside scenes are the main point of the film

About GHS ( leading actress) , I don't like her. The way she toes her mouth gets me sick

Anyway, Hopefully the film will be successful.

10 days to come

YAY!!! Just a few more days!!!

Because i'm so excited, i went overboard with photoshop! Haha :lol:

I made a batch of avatars with the same design, hope you all like it! ^^

Feel free to use anywhere (spread the bof love!), just don't forget to credit :D

bof_jandi2.jpgbof_jandi3.jpgbof_junpyo.jpgbof_jihoo.jpgbof_eejung.jpgbof_woobin.jpgbof_junhee.jpgbof_seohyun.jpgbof_gaeul.jpg

Guest manderley_angel

i'm not sure if this is unseen...

33b3lm8.jpg

Group 8 has partnered with Build A Bear to release a set of F4 stuffed toys (just like what they did for Goong/Princess Hours)...

hehe... look how Jihoo's stuffed animal looks sort of girly while the rest of F4 are like really boyish animals, like lion/leopard. :rolleyes:

from HYD Korea Livejournal Community

Eek! :D So excited for this!! :D

The posters are so captivating :D hehe.

And I'm super excited because I can watch this drama on TV! :D hehe. It's the only Korean channel I get! :D yippy! I'm counting down the days!! :D

Guest ljphantom

Here's an English subtitled version of the third preview, by yours truly. Click here to

I used virvir111's translation, with a few edits of my own. Enjoy!

EDIT: Fixed URL (I plan on deleting the old video sometime); better quality of the teaser up!

Second EDIT: Fixed the timing of subtitles of the better quality version.

^ But KimBum's role is such a playboy! LOL & I don't know if he'll have a love story with GooHyeSun, because in his character description it doesn't mention anything like that. But there is a girl who has a crush on him, and will go to great lengths to catch his attention. The actress is really pretty but I forget what her name is - she will play an "icy and standoffish girl who surprises those around her from her actions towards KimBum's role."

KK~~

Thanks for the translation. I'm guessing the character that has a crush on So Yi-Jung (played by Kim Bum) is Chu Ga-eul, who is played by Kim So-eun:

74d953b421cd463d214c7647466475421229049078_full.jpg

But it's surprising to hear that Ga-eul is icy and standoffish, the Japanese equivalent of Ga-eul -- Yuki -- wasn't like that. But then again, apparently Ga-eul and Yi-jung are said to banter and wrangle a lot (one news site suggested it foreshadowed a new couple), and Yuki and Soujiro never really did (nor were they a couple)... But to be honest, I like the changes.

manderley_angel: Thanks for the info, transferring them from the HYD Korea LJ community to this thread. :)

Guest elise0605

the girl who is chasing after Kimbum is really cuter than GHS

@Manderly angel : thanks for the pictures

@liphantom :thanks for translation