[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

That quote from dramabeans totally nails my thoughts on the drama at the moment. I've been waiting for some pov of the other characters, especially Woo Bin. The poor dude, he's like nonexistent in the drama. Only when him and Yi Jung are being playboys then I remember he's in the drama. I am really hoping for some Jandi POV and shots of the other F4. I'm still hoping that somehow the writer will miraculously show that these guys are really F4, not just four dudes who act as if they know each other and hang out. There's no bonding and that's my biggest complaint for this drama.

People dislike GHS's acting, because that she "overacts" and that she "shouts/bickers" alot. IMO, Inoue Mao does the same thing. Especailly in HYD2.

Guest polaris

lovinblackCoffee.. that gif of Junpyo's frantic rowing is hilarious. I love it :lol: It captures the childishness of Junpyo to the T. hehe~~

People dislike GHS's acting, because that she "overacts" and that she "shouts/bickers" alot. IMO, Inoue Mao does the same thing. Especailly in HYD2.

that's her role and so it be.

She's just doing her job and portraying her role ^^

Actually I like Goo Hye Sun in BOF ^^

Guest pipitgongyoo

As we always aim to do our best in our subtitles, we have made a few corrections for episode 3 and 4.

Please make sure to re-download the revised version for your enjoyment (lol) ^^;;

Thank you everyone for your supports! :wub:

thank u sooo much withS2 for eng subbed ep 5!! :w00t: and thanks for reminded us to redownload ep 3 and 4!! ^_^

You guys are the best!! Keep up the good work!! B)

Guest LoveIt!

that's her role and so it be.

She's just doing her job and portraying her role ^^

Actually I like Goo Hye Sun in BOF ^^

I agree with you! I think GHS is doing a great job.

And also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I didn't really like the background music for the beginning of ep5, where JunPyo rescued JanDi. I loved that part, but the music killed it for me. Oh well. What the heck. I hope it improves though, because in some scenes the music was used very well.

Awee, i actually thought the bg music went perfectly well with that scene! It gets me to tears combining that scene w/ that instrumental piece along w/ Kim Yu Kyung's "Starlight Tears".. I thought it blended well together. The atmosphere was just perfect, i thought, anyways.^^

I completely agree with Cinamoroll! I think the writer really focused too much on Junpyo. From this 6 episodes, the F4 dont really look like they've been best friends since kindergarden. they look like 4 boys grouped together, not much explanation or scenes between them to show their friendship. And yeah, Jihoo & Jandi's scenes are quite arrupt /:

Like i've mentioned before, i think it's really unique that this aspect is being twisted in the K-version. I like it that it's mostly focused on Joon Pyo rather than the POV of Jan Di (like in the previous versions). I believe that is one huge contributor to why we can fall in love so quickly w/ Joon Pyo (and i'm not including in his looks.. because.. :rolleyes: ). To me, he appears to be much more of a softy in here b/c we follow him more~~ so he gets to reveal his perspective more, leading us to side w/ him more (and well, he isn't so physically violent to the extremes).. as opposed to the original Makino/Rui relationship that many may have rooted for in the previous versions (idk why, but i was always a JoonPyo/JanDi supporter in the earlier adaptations :sweatingbullets: ). But i truly think this is a very different approach to this adaptation~~ following Joon Pyo more~~ and it can only be taken in a positive way.* ^_^ *

I also expressed that i wish F4's bond would be more convincing to me, particularly Joon Pyo and Ji Hoo. I'm still convincing myself that they have this strong bond~~ when really, they seemed to have been bitter towards each other since the beginning. =( BUT, i still have confidence that after this triangle issue, it will become more apparent.

EDIT.

I never doubted Goo Hye Sun! I'm fairly new to her acting, so i was greatly open-minded. And i haven't complained much about her actually. If there was something i didn't like about her, it was certainly not a personal thing. It was Geum Jan Di, the character, and not Goo Hye Sun. I believe she has talent and modest beauty; I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to portray Jan Di.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

yeah I like GHS's Jandi .. but then again, I also prefer Ji hoo over JP.. so I'm obviously in the minority here xD

As for the relationship between F4, I think it's been alright so far. I think they could've done more scenes with all 4 of the guys together, instead of just F3 (or F2.. woobin seriously needs more love) -___-

yeah I like GHS's Jandi .. but then again, I also prefer Ji hoo over JP.. so I'm obviously in the minority here xD

As for the relationship between F4, I think it's been alright so far. I think they could've done more scenes with all 4 of the guys together, instead of just F3 (or F2.. woobin seriously needs more love) -___-

actually this is the first time I got annoyed by JiHoo's role ^^ LOL.

don't get me wrong. It's just the role.

and yeah Woobin needs more love.

Why not Woobin and Oh Minji? ^^

Guest sylviya

i have never looked forward to Mondays & Tuesdays so much in my life.

Wow I had NO idea Goo Hye Sun was in YG family D:

I think its true that they centre it around Junpyo's POV atm but I think its a good change. Because since, half of us here know what happens in Japnanese version, its good to see what's happening in JP's mind? imo, anyway. because what happens in JD POV is practically, -mixed feelings about JP and JH and her crazy family- LOL.

Guest liligonecrazy

yeah, the minority is very small. but i'm with you, I prefer very strongly Ji hoo over JunPyo. yeah, it would be so cool if they did put more action F4 scenes of just them being friends. just my opinion.

Guest gracefulmoonie

I just made these banners. Hope you all like it . Feel free to use or repost anywhere you want, as long as you credit me. By the way, happy Chinese new year ^^

Credit: VI-SOL5407 @ Soompi

Thanks for the banners. I love them.

Now I get to have a signature banner. :)

i made some icons ^^

use with credit please ^^

-Rebecca

Thanks for the icons. They're cool. I will use one. ;)

For this version, I love Yi Jeong and GaEul. They look super cute together and they have such strong chemistry. The best in the show. I love that even though Yi Jeong hasn't developed strong feelings for GaEul yet, but he's still attentive to her. I like that he actually seeks her out. If going by the story, then GaEul will probably be the one chasing after Yi Jeong after he helped her with the bad boyfriend. I really really hope that they have a nice ending together.

Guest azumi_miki

Happy Chinese New Year :rolleyes: all you guy

and yeah Woobin needs more love.

Why not Woobin and Oh Minji?

may be I hope too... Minji look great but i wanna him has another girl :blink: may be it's me...just kinding

Happy Chinese New Year :rolleyes: all you guy

may be I hope too... Minji look great but i wanna him has another girl :blink: may be it's me...just kinding

They should of made Jandi's and Guel's boss, a woman... then Woobin wouldn't be alone.

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

The reason for posting this is to defend GHS and letting fans of BOF know more about this girl. There's so many Kim Bum, Hyunjoong, Minho fans but not much appreciation posts for this girl...

I'm quite a fan of GHS since pure 19 and i adore this girl's personality, she's very down-to-earth.

But i feel kinda bad for her in BOF because she receives so many critics over her overreact in the comedy parts, she just make makino more like an anime girl... I like her a lot. I think lots of people are not foreseeing the quiet parts, where she really shows that she can cry and act.

The way she overreacts is because of that's how the director wants this version of Makino acts like... she never overreacts like this in her other dramas...

I don't get it when the fans of this drama blames her for not liking Junpyo although i kinda disagree for her not directly rejecting Junpyo and not pushing Jihoo away during that kiss. I can understand why Jandi don't like Junpyo, because her first impression of him is very bad. He's a school bully in her eyes and she hates the fact that he's so aggressive and did those pranks to her. Of course, you can't possibly expect her to like him SO suddenly even though Junpyo did lots of things for her but they're very one sided. Furthermore, she got a crush on Jihoo sunbae... it makes it even harder to make her like Junpyo.

But she's on the way of realization that she likes him because through ep 6, it shows that she feels for him and is grateful for what Junpyo did. At least, she's not getting annoyed or disliking Junpyo that much as before.

Anyways, i don't really understand why people keep saying that she looks old and not pretty..... especially the chinese fans in baidubar... i feel bad for her. She's one of the famous ulzzang in korea, it's just that she's not that famous with overseas fans. I like her with long hair although i do think jandi's hair is not that bad and that's actually following the manga closely.

---Caroline

After watching her on Sang Sang Plus I find her to be very personable and likeable.

I blame the over-acting on the director <_<

In this version, unlike the other versions, there are A LOT more Junpyo fans since his character is so likeable (Tsukasa in other versions is A LOT more violent) and LMH is so HOT. In other versions most fans can sympathize w/ the character because they fall in love w/ Rui instantly since he's her white knight. I don't think they developed JiHoo's character well and the bonding between JiHoo and the rest of F3 are non-existent so I don't really sympathize w/ him at all. It's like F3 and JiHoo in the background. The writer definitely emphasizes more on the love triangle (very typical) rather than the special bond/friendship that was so important in the manga.

I don't think she's ugly, but I do think she looks older than the character (which is the case anyways since the characters are in high school). To me, it's the makeup. A little bit heavy? Not sure, but since I'm not the only one, it's plausible.

Overall, if LMH wasn't Junpyo, I'd probably wouldn't be religiously watching this drama. I would probably watch it later when subs are released so I can skip around since I already know the main storyline.

Guest Cabbage

hahaha that would be something,

all the guys ending up with a girl,

they could quadruple date! :P

In J.version, Akira pairing up with Sakurago (the one who set Makino up and use her to take revenge on Domyoji)

So I'm not sure whether Korean version will do it this way?

BTW, Oh Min-Ji is pretty, isn't she? So it would be great that they pair WB with OMJ :)