[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I have a thing for exaggeration so apologies about that. :sweatingbullets: Let's properly put it this way, shall we? I am not entirely interested as to what will happen to them. It's either because I'm not really a fan of Tsukushi/Tsukasa (I have always rooted for Rui/Tsu) from the start or because HYD is one of my favourite mangas I've followed the series since ages ago, that it's no longer THAT new to me. Whilst I like both Lee Min Ho and Goo Hye Sun in their respective roles, I think it will take a couple of episodes more before I completely fall in love with the pair. No hard feelings really, just a matter of preference.

I really like Lee Minho as Tsukasa, and I really love the Jun Pyo and Jandi scenes. However, I admit I'm not very concerned about them because after watching so many different versions, I know for sure that these two will end up together.

Whereas Ga Eul and Yi Jeong's ending has so much uncertainty that I can't help but feel worried for them. AHA

Jung EE Chul will be playing LEE Je Ha. He will be playing the younger brother of the student who had tried to comitt suicide in episode 1, Lee Min ha. ( EEchul plays 1 person 2 role here.) He will play the role who will try to take revenge against Goo Junpyo for causing his brother to be in a emotional/mental disaster from the bullying. Minha is currently recovering. He will be playing the role trying to break jandi and junpyo off. Jung Ee chul will be playing 1 person 2 role.

i thought so!!! JEC/JUC just couldn't appear for a few minutes in ep1...

Kim Hyun Joong reminds me of Bae Yong Joon--i dunno--his eyes maybe and the way he smiles?

i just love the way GJP said party in ep5---"FARtY"--haha!!!

I sorta knew that guy in the first episode was gonna come back as the guy to break things off with JanDi & GunPyo

mm, I love the Korean version so much! It's because I love to see SOME KIND of RELATIONSHIP development between Ga Eul and Yi Jeong!

The Japanese version never really developed until the HYD2&final. I also love that JiHoo's love for JanDi is shown more in this series!

I can't wait to see what happens on Episode 6! I watched all five episodes all in a row O_O! I got so addicted!!! ahhh!

Guest nightmare.

Wow episode 5 is the best so far.. LOL

i really love Ga eul and Yi jung there.

just hope they can have more moments then this

and i can see, Yi Jung is not sweet as before.

But if i remember the 2 other versions i think after this will be some Ga Eul and Yi Jung's story

and i think there will be a triangle love?

i just haave to think , is there any part when Shoujiro/Ken Zhu (i don't know the role name in Meteor Garden) hugs Yuuki...LOL

Jandi is so cute

confused between soulmate and husband...

Guest jaejoong.ro02

Ratings for ep 5 is out.

TNS: 24.8%

AGB Nielsen: 22.2%

Compare to its competition, East of Eden:

TNS: 25.1%

AGB Nielsen: 27.1%

:w00t: I'm so happy for Boys Over Flowers for having higher ratings compared to the 1st episode. This proves that their acting gets better in every episode! *throws confetti*

I'm new to this BOF Thread!!! The last time I was so hooked to Korean Drama that actually made me reply to a thread is Goong i think? It has been so long since a good quality drama isn't it? And both are from manga adaptation =p

Me too! The last drama that dig into my heart was Goong. That was like more than 2 years ago. I'm glad group 8 continued to produce high quality dramas. Even if we say that BoF is based in manga, I believe that this version has its own identity which will make us love it more.

This is also the 1st drama that I did care to download so that I can rewatch it anytime I want!

BTW, I just want to share this: Three of my friends are also watching and looking forward to BoF. I didn't expect that they'd like it because I've been forever introducing them to watch Korean/Japanese dramas online but I failed. This time with BoF, they totally like it. They've watched MG and of course it's normal to compare it with BoF at first but they always say... "but the Korean version is really good" after saying that "MG will always be original." Haha! This is the first time, I had no efforts of pleasing them. What I just did is to inform them about it. XD

Guest orange08

UPCOMING CASTS. NEW FACES

Kim Hyun Joo in BOF will help Goo Junpyo and Geum Jandi's loveline and will always be the one who will be the problem fixer for the two. She plays the older sister that even the almighty Goo JunPyo cannot defeat.

Jung EE Chul will be playing LEE Je Ha. He will be playing the younger brother of the student who had tried to comitt suicide in episode 1, Lee Min ha. ( EEchul plays 1 person 2 role here.) He will play the role who will try to take revenge against Goo Junpyo for causing his brother to be in a emotional/mental disaster from the bullying. Minha is currently recovering. He will be playing the role trying to break jandi and junpyo off. Jung Ee chul will be playing 1 person 2 role.

THANK YOU FOR THIS! Really excited to see Hyun Joo as Jun Pyo's older sister. She was one of my favorite supporting characters in the jdrama and it's gonna be so much fun watching her mess around with Jun Pyo lol.

And ooooooh definitely looking forward to Jung Ee Chul's role! I'm not familiar with this actor, but I thought he was really wonderful in the first episode (not to mention very easy on the eyes *___*) and thought it would be such a waste for him not to appear ever again. Glad he's coming back; I look forward to his scenes! He'll be a formidable opponent for Jun Pyo imo.

There are so many obstacles for the beloved Jun Pyo/Jandi pairing. Which is kind of frustrating, but at least it will make the time that they actually do get together seem even more precious. Still, I'm glad that I know how this story will end. XD;;

Guest sylviya

omggg cant wait till jung eui chul comes back ^^ hes so hot XD i thought i remembered him from "Doremifasolasido" .

i was saying to my friend during episode 1 : "wow the guy getting bashed is hot too!"

and then i realised it was jung eui chul and i started going crazy haha

does anyone else realise how jung eui chul tries to jump off a building in Boys Over Flowers and he also tries to jump off a building in Doremifasolasido? LOL deja vu, anyone?

i made a new GIF icon but the quality went a bit spazzo so yeah ^^:

f0nnfo.gif

there's more at my thread HERE.

Guest huangsy

18 news photos just released by KBS 1 hour ago, already updated in Photos Lists.

Ep 6 spoilers

anim_27fa02cf-90d5-cce4-49a7-0e73e561bfe3.gif

Joon Pyo stripped down to his shorts and when Jandi told him there is a snake under his feet, he jumped and ran away.

Jandi’s family back home pretend to be at the beach.

Ga Eul declines Yi Jeong’s offer to apply sunscreen on her back.

Joon Pyo is asleep on the beach. Ga Eul realizes Jandi is struggling in the sea. While Joon Pyo stands in ankle-deep water and flashes back to the reason for his hydrophobia, Ji Hoo rescues Jandi, who wakes up without anyone having to give her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Jandi wakes up to see Joon Pyo by himself still at the beach.

Joon Pyo submerges himself in the bath tub. (Narration about Joon Pyo being kidnapped when he was a kid and his hydrophobia)

Joon Pyo supervises the preparation of dinner feast. (so weird he and jandi share a long table and the rest share another round table)

Ji Hoo walks away and Jandi finds him later. The little girl passes the pot of lovers flowers to Ji Hoo.

Yi Jeong talks to Ga Eul (about she can swim but when YJ asked her why she didn’t save Jandi just now, she let slipped something …sorry I dunno wat). Fireworks by the beach, Joon Pyo is in good mood and Jandi seems very pleased.

Joon Pyo was already in Jandi’s room when she entered. She recalls what the fortune teller said about losing something important to woman. But Joon Pyo only wanted to tie the anklet for her.

Jandi looks for Ga Eul, who wasn’t around, then sees Ji Hoo at the parked yatch.

He asks her if she knew the meaning of that pot of lovers/happiness flowers and gives it to her. As she was going to walk away, Ji Hoo hugged her. Ji Hoo picked up the anklet dropped by Jandi.

Joon Pyo was worried and waiting for her. Told her not to ever swim alone again.

At breakfast next day, Joon Pyo sees the anklet on Ji Hoo’s wrist. Jandi realizes she lost the anklet when she put on her shoes. Joon Pyo asks her why she’s not wearing the anklet and she made excuse that didn’t want to lose it.

They played beach volley ball. Joon Pyo sees the anklet on Ji Hoo and asks him about it again. Ji Hoo took it off and passes to Joon Pyo and say it is Jandi’s. Joon Pyo realizes Jandi was meeting Ji Hoo while JP was waiting for here. JP loses concentration and is knocked by the volley ball.

Joon Pyo goes to confront Ji Hoo, who was canoeing, and outraced him but Ji Hoo merely turned back to shore.

Jandi went fishing with Ji Hoo out on the yatch.

Yi Jeong ends up double paddling (dunno wat you call that boat) with Ga Eul. She made another slip about Jandi’s soulmate. She says a playboy like him wont understand.

Joon Pyo and Jandi goes on a helicopter sightseeing ride. He asks her to look down, where there was a heart in middle of field.

The rest (except Ji Hoo) sees the magazine with photos of Seo Hyun with western guy.

Joon Pyo asks Jandi whether she is accepting his heart and tries to kiss her but she turns away. He says sth like don’t make him wait too long.

Jandi finds Ji Hoo and the beach ..apologises for something she had said before about Ji Hoo and Seo Hyun.

He kisses her and Joon Pyo saw them and punches Ji Hoo.

Jandi goes home after the trip, parents are in couple outfit. She feels bothered by the incident. Flash back to Ga Eul, who bought similar anklet, which is supposed to symbolize (…love till eternity ?) She takes out the goggles Joon Pyo had given her.

Jandi meets Ji Hoo at the staircase landing.

She says she has hurt JP, draws a caricature of Joon Pyo’s face with chalk and cries.

Joon Pyo rings the school bell and announces Ji Hoo is not part of F4 and expelled from school. The 3 musketeers asks Jandi to take responsibility, Ji Hoo intervenes.

Jandi returns home to see her family drycleaning business was booming, something to do with Joon Pyo. They cheer for ‘chaebol’.

Yi Jeong crossed words with Ji Hoo.

Ends with Joon Pyo saying sth to Woo Bin (sorry I dunno wat)

151001047_S.jpg151003058_S.jpg151003059_S.jpg151003060_S.jpg

151001057_S.jpg151001058_S.jpg151001059_S.jpg

20090119090820300f3_092621_1.jpg

20090120233300412j3_002906_0.jpg

20090121000600413j3_002906_0.jpg

20090120231148976a4_232411_0.jpg

20090121010028173e5_010028_0.jpg

20090121075605976.jpg

23500_25706_3424.jpg

20090120233224104f3_233909_0.jpg

20090121071545468e7_072112_0.jpg

1232715620.jpg

1232717186.jpg

1232717245.jpg

1232717303.jpg

1232717327.jpg

1232717150.jpg

1232717596.jpg

Guest OnionII

i thought lil minji was really cute when she go "chonika chonika chonika" to the insect flying around lil jun pyo. and i felt sad for her when she goes "irojima irojima" =(( poor lil thing

enjoyed reading everyone's feedback! like all of u i enjoyed the yi jung and jandi's friend scene alot, his smile is to die for *faints

Guest pwincesz02

UPCOMING CASTS. NEW FACES

http://img3.cdn.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d...440740_full.jpg

The role Kim Hyun Joo will be playing is Shinhwa Group's Eldest daughter and the Sister of Goo Junpyo

Jung EE Chul will be playing LEE Je Ha. He will be playing the younger brother of the student who had tried to comitt suicide in episode 1, Lee Min ha.

SO EE Jung's FIRST love CHA EUN JAE's. The actress playing this role is still undecided.

There lots of new characters coming their way.. more twist in the story.. ^^ I cant wait to see JunPyo's sister, how she will help the two ^^.. && there will be a love triangle "Eun Yi Eul"..

&& sharing some screencaps from Ep.5

bof3.jpg

bof2.jpg

bof1.jpg

bof5.jpg

bof4.jpg

bof6.jpg

bof8.jpg

bof7.jpg

++ ICONS (made by me..)

10.png11.png63.png8.png

4.png5.png7.png9.png

bbf3.png

I must say...I must be the only one who thought Jandi's dress on the island was hideous! it was GREEN, PURPLE AND BROWN!! :crazy: (I'll forgive the stilettos on the island ;))

While in the JVersion I was exclusively a Dom/Mak shipper, in this version, as hot JP is, I'm totally digging the Gajung coupling way more. I think I still haven't gotten over how neurotic Jandi was in the first few episodes. Koreans are prone to screeching alot, when trying to 'act out' frustration and it gets tiring when there's the same yelling in every single scene she's in. Still, she's improving and becoming more grounded as she gets more comfortable with the F4 boys. :)

Guest krazyxdreamer

oh my gosh i LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS DRAMA.

GOO JOON PYO is soooo cute :)

anywho 1 hour til i can watch it live.

i hope kim bum and jandis friend get together. there cute.

im sorta starting to dislike hyun joongs character because i want jandi and joon pyo together.

Guest babymarzy07

OMGGG. the drowning scene.

JP couldnt save her cause he has trauma of drowning before.

they explained it. I felt bad for JP.

JP really felt bad.

GaJung scene :wub:

lots of JiDi moments in ep6 it seems..

hmmm new song now?

not so familiar..

hug between JiDi..

Guest Gabriella

Ya, TVants! What's wrong with that program? Why can't I watch KBS2 T^T Please, everybody! Up ep 6 on internet after it've finished T^T

Last night I got reading this thread and saw 323 users (!) Gosh... I started watching this drama because I have read the manga, watched the anime, watched both the Chinese ( 1 and 2) and Japanese versions + the first movie (in 1990s) and the Final Movie! How could I not watch the Korean version!

It becomes inevitable that we compare but I am enjoying how things are different in every version. It would be boring if all the versions were similar. WE all know the ending and of course I hope that it follows the original ending. I think the fun is seeing the journey as it arrives at its destination....But please please PDs.... add the lost in the snow scene if possible....That was more romantic than the elevator/Namsan tower scene.

I feel that things are going pretty fast as it is only episode 6 and we have reached the JH, JP and JD conflict heating up. I think the PDs will chuck in a lot of obstacles with Doumyoji (JP) fiancee coming in (as per manga) and then Jung Ee Chul coming in as another person to break them up and we still haven't met the full force of the mother (now she plays a BIG part in the manga, anime and drama versions) . I can't wait to watch for JP's sister because she staunhly supports her brother (love the sis in the Japanese version!)

All the way I have always liked Tsukasa Doumyoji (japanese drama and manga) and JP (Korean version) but surprisingly I liked Lei/Rui in the Chinese version ( love Zai Zai). Fo the character of Makino/JP... my favourite is a toss-up between Inoue Mao (Japanese version) and Goo Hye Sun. I admit that I am eagerly anticipating the story of the two friends as well.....U-Go-Girl!

PS.... JP/Doumyoji/Dao Ming Xi is so endearing in that they are 'innocent' LOL.... never had a girlfriend before... so the idea is that this character is naive and has a 'huh' mentality when it comes to women... LOL

PPS... don't mean harm by comparing... I love all the versions anyway....

BTW.... thanks for the subbers! Although can anyone explain why it is difficult to download the series from clubbox?

Guest andie39martinez

[pics] 01/20 HyunJoong - Boys Over Flowers

PLEASE CREDIT IF POSTING ELSEWHERE

credits to: 501dong + Quainte501.com

151003078_L.jpg

151003076_L.jpg

151003062_L.jpg

th_151003070_L.jpg th_151003064_L.jpg th_151003058_L.jpg

credits to: 501dong + Quainte501.com