[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest bLuEsEA

ah... can't wait for epi 24 & 25...

but after BOF over what should i do during mon n tue...

sigh... without BOF my mon n tue life will be very boring...

BOF will always on my mind...

jun pyo jandi fighting...

Guest seonnie

sigh, i was going to not watch ep 25 preview,

i cant help myself, (: omg yumi -.-;;

& i thought jaekyung was annoying, the 45 second preview for

episode 24 is so, OMGWORTHY.

khj's acting has improved, A LOT.

& on side note: junpyo looks sexy good with a hat,(:

ok so if jihoo is thesoulmate,

junpyo is the husband. eee,*fangirlswoon*

Guest funkindagirl

Honestly, I think they changed the whole stabbing to hit&run because I think the LEAKED PHOTO (the one with JP & JD holding hands in New Calendonia) is really part of the ending. I mean, come think about it, if JP was really stabbed, there would be a scar. So they can't have that, since in the leaked photo, there isn't any signs of scars.

Therefore, I truly hope that leaked photo we saw months ago is included in the ending. :wub:

I dont think it would have been because of the photo.

The stabbing was deemed too violent to be broadcast and they've had complaints before over the amount of violence so getting hit by a car is probably tamer in comparison as you wouldnt need to show blood... and since it always happens in kdramas. lol

Second, I don't think that Gu Hye Sun knows how to use chopsticks properly. Yes, there is a correct way to use them. Anyway, everytime I saw her with chopstcks there was always something about the way she holds them that just seemed weird. So I rewatched 22 and 23 and you can see that her fingers are not placed properly.

She does hold it weird but I always thought it was a little detail that the PD included for JD's character. Because they made KHJ learn to hold chopsticks correctly according to his high status so perhaps they did the opposite for JD?

Guest Cheesey

I just watched the ep 25 long preview - get the feeling that not only are we all going to be watching the last two episodes with boxes of tissues in easy reach but that when it comes to the Uni character, I'm going to be watching gritting my teeth.

I don't know whether it's because I know the end is near and I really, really want to see JP and JD in a happy ending (a really gorgeous wedding dress and lots of (well maybe just 1) cute babies, but even in that very short preview "Umi" is grating on my nerves....

I am also going to attempt to avoid watching any previews since we're on our home run now. Can't believe it's almost over.

The last episode that came out was soooo sad! I cried... and I haven't really shed many tears for this series, which is surprising since it's been a tough run for JP and JD... oh no wait, I cried in that scene in Macau when JD was on the boat after her encounter with JP and his horrible comment "You're a stain I want to erase"... and she has all these flash backs... But episode 23 was so so sad! :'(

Can't wait to see the next episodes!!

Thank you to everyone for the avatars, signatures, pictures, wall papers... I have a huge collection thanks to you all! :D

Spoiler Clarification:

The script insider says that in the script, there are in fact two parties. One is a party thrown by Yumi (before the graduation party) where she announces her plans to go study abroad w/ JP. The second is the graduation party. Yumi is gone after the first party. JD wears her uniform to the graduation party and she dances w/ each of the F3 members. She didn't say what JD wears to the first party. She also left out which party the swimming pool scene occurs (where the filming extra testified he saw JD wear a pink dress - did she change her outfit in the middle of the graduation party or does JD wear the pink dress to the first party and that's where JP recover his memory? The script insider was mum.) And concerning Yumi, it seems people are getting worked up over her after watching the previews. I did say that she is on for a short time, but it is true that according to the script, in that short time, she says lots of annoying things to hurt JD, including how she now likes JP and JP feels the same way about her.

Finally, the script insider also said this will probably be her last spoiler post, which probably means that this will be mine.

Ok, I think for it to make sense (and this is just my guess from here based on the script insider's post), JD wears the pink dress to the first party, the swimming pool scene happens here where JP recovers his memory, and Yumi makes her exit. Then, F4 drags JD to the graduation party, where JD wears her uniform and dances w/ each of the F3 members. In her uniform, she runs to Namsan to meet JP.

Guest ml_87

this is the last day before the 2 final episodes. i wasnt sad until reading that the cast finished filming today. BOF is end now. although i know that they really need a rest, the selfish one in me feel sad when thinking that from tomorrow F4 dun meet other on filming location anymore . Mino-HS dun play with other anymore. i gonna cry now. :(

so to memorize this day, i wanna share with u my love for BOF and its impacts on me :)

i started watching BOF from episode 3. before, i had read some articles about this drama but no much interest at all cauz i think HYD did an excellent job and i dun wanna any other version:). even, there was an interview with F4 on KBS world, i didnt notice at all. but, after the 2 first episodes, BOF has become much mroe popular. in any teen magazines, i catched the imformation abotu it. so i tried to watch the 1st one. honestly, i dun like it much becauz there's not JoonDi yet :) but i find it's very funny when JP came to school by helicopter. too extraggating! ha ha. and the 1st person i notice is Bummie. he has such a "playboy appearance". i also enjoyed the introduction of F4 :D but i continued watching episode 2 without awareness. and MinHo attracted all my attention when he's bathing :D i dun mention here his sexie body :) but his eyes during this scene, they're very impressive! i know that this guy is a potential actor. since then, i've watched all of its live episodes. just 1 episode i missed cauz of the stupid internet >"<luckily, it is the episode i hate the most: 19th one, full of JH-JD and JP-JK.

i'm really happy to see how BOF is even becoming more and more popular in the palce i live. walking on the school yard, i heard all types of conversation and not surprisingly, all of them were about BOF. i also joined several forums where of course, BOF is the hottest. one of them is soompi. i have learnt many things here. i know the meaning of "spoiler tag", i learn how to raise my opinion without making others upset, and most of all, i meet new friends who share the same interest :D i remember, several days ago, after epsiode 22, 23, this thread was full of posts which angried at the PD or the scriptwriter and even, JH. i'm a JoonDI shipper so i felt nothing but even, quite satisfied cauz i angried too. but after that, reading other posts and especially visited KHJ's thread, i realized that i was too selfish. we just said whatever we like and we couldnt control our feelings right away but what about other people who love JH-JD? they would be anried and hurt too. thus, i tried to control myself and tried to say as objectively as possible. and i think that after all, recent epsiodes are not bad at all. they're good, actually. and KHJ, i have to say that G8 had a very good choice when decide that KHj would be JH. he has Rui appearance and his acting is more more better. watching the preview of epsiode 24, the scene when JH shouted on the phone cauz JP is crashed by a car, i'm really moved.

(continu)

Guest taniyama_mai

cant wait for epsd 24 n 25

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and its sad because it is the final week for BOF..

:( :( :( :(

want to see more from Korean F4 and jandi and ga eul..

Guest lidge_fan

what the actually the final HANA YORI DANGO mangga..? i never read that.

the actual manga's ending is open-ended with F4 and Makino attending Shizuka Todo's wedding (HCY's character) in Paris (NOT to Rui but some French guy or something).....after the wedding, Domyoji and Makino agree to wait until they were ready for marriage (I guess it's really Makino's decision since Domyoji did propose to her earlier and she turned him down)....in the meantime, he'll continue learning how to manage Domyoji Corporation and Makino will focus on her studies.....but readers can interpret that they'll marry for sure because before they parted, Domyoji told Makino that they're fated to be together and whereever she goes, he'll find her and she can never, ever escape from him....sounds really romantic, right?.... but if some guy told me that in real life, I'd probably freak out and slap a restraining order on him :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: does anyone else miss JP's curly hair? I do!!! LMH looks hotter now but I still prefer the ridiculous curls

awwww flower_pot, awesome recap ...the end is near and we're all sad....it's bittersweet, the happiness of anticipating the next two eps. but also sadness because it's the end

Guest betchay

Ok, I think for it to make sense (and this is just my guess from here based on the script insider's post), JD wears the pink dress to the first party, the swimming pool scene happens here where JP recovers his memory, and Yumi makes her exit. Then, F4 drags JD to the graduation party, where JD wears her uniform and dances w/ each of the F3 members. In her uniform, she runs to Namsan to meet JP.

Thanks blue_angel_1004.

I have the same guess..

I hope the swimming pool scene would be

like in ep 3 but this time while JP giving her CPR,

JD will put her arms around him & grab a real kiss. :lol::lol::sweatingbullets:

Random pictures from baidu

1.jpg54-1.jpg1237522399_200903201303178181282801.jpg

1_05177_037141.jpgmid_633702547770937500.jpg4898b70ca9b570c388f7b8dd3976363b.jpg564.jpg

a079facecc417f1df8dc6189.jpg66f785255d203913c8955989.jpg

613cfa83632d0eb0f603a61e.jpg

*edited for the post below*

thanks flowepot for all the wonderful recaps and reviews. i always enjoy reading all your post. i'm looking forward for the next episode and *finger cross* more skin ship in the last episode.

Guest flower pot

So we're almost down to the homestretch and call it a moment of melancholy or the fact that it's Monday tomorrow and i have to get back to freakin' work but i felt a little sadness saying goodbye to BOF...

Despite the crap that was season 2 and the fact that i seriously want to tie a noose around the PD and scriptwriters neck and hang them on a public plaza most of the time during these recent episodes... i admit that there are still a lot of good things that this show has brought to us and these are also the things that i'd miss once BOF is over...

Let me tick it off one by one:

1233722268_200902041302388403286001_0.jpg

1. LEE MINHO - what a discovery... This guy is not only seriously HOT (enough to literally make you want to take off your clothes when you see him but HE CAN ALSO ACT!)

245x7jl.jpg

2. Kim Hyun Joong's First real acting gig - It might have been a hit and miss thing for Hyun Joong as Jihoo but admit it, no matter how much people talk dirt about how bad of an actor he is, we would not have soooo many Jihoo-Jandi shippers around if KHJ did not bring justice to the role...

10wuqec.jpg

3. Kim Bum and Kim Joon Bromance - Man! This is seriously the only ship that made me think twice about going brokeback... When all hell breaks loose between the OTP, expect Woobin and Yijung to still be consistent with their covert glances and touchy feely acting...

4. BOF threads - i will miss the exchange of ideas, the bashing, the spoilers, the play by play account of what would happen in the next episode and dissecting details over what went on in the previous ones... I will miss the funny comments, the irritating ones, the panic i feel whenever Mods close down the soompi thread... (Thanks by the way Rebby for being patient and still giving us our fix no matter how much some of the posters go against the rules...) man... i think i will miss even the spam comments but most of all i will miss all the wonderful BOF followers who can relate to my addiction and who went crazy over this series as much as i have...

7415fda4.jpg

5. The supporting cast - Never again will i find another villain who literally makes me go Uh-oh and freeze wherever i am for FEAR THAT SHE CAN SENSE ME even if i'm behind the computer than Mama Kang... I will truly feel deprived of Junhee noona's sassiness, Jandi's crazy family, Grandpa's gruff but loving rebukes, Master's gayness, GaEul's moocher friendship, Halmonnie's pimpin' cane, the mean girls and their harebrained ideas that always blow up in their faces, Jaekyung's "fatal attraction" persona and Ming's participation that up to now i can't even see the sense why they have to bring in to the fray... These are the characters that made BOF, BOF and without them it would never be the same (although with them, the show also seemed to have lost its focus on the OTP)

2dm5h5w.png

6. The good times and the angst - Junpyo's dimwitted but sweet ways, Jandi's gangster persona, Hyun Joong's rolling eyeball expressions, Woobin's gangsta english, Yijung's corny sax playing, The crying scenes complete with screaming... The never ending love triangle between Jihoo-Jandi and Junpyo ... Scenes where Jihoo looks longingly at Jandi with so much love i feel as if my hearts going to break and the LOVE that Junpyo and Jandi have for each other that they can't express to the fullest because of the obstacles...all of these drove me insane...insane i tell you... with frustration sometimes but more often than not in joy and spazzing...

AND LASTLY BUT NOT THE LEAST...

151001199_L.jpg

6. I will miss my OTP, Junpyo and Jandi/Minho and Hyesun TOGETHER - The fact that i long for them week after week after week and the fact that no matter how much we complain against the production for keeping them apart but the moment we see them together onscreen, somehow makes all the waiting worth it... CHEMISTRY I TELL YOU... CHEMISTRY this two have it... Never have i seen a couple whose offcam interaction seems to surpass even that of the storyline that is in the drama and that is what kept us going...

We lived our Minho fantasies vicariously through Hyesun and boy, she really did deliver... (it helps that Minho doesn't need prodding...hehehe!)

Seriously, producers should milk this pairing for all it's worth and do another series with them in the cast PRONTO!

Now since it's also the last episodes here are the things that i would want to see when the show wraps up:

1. Mama Kang begging Jandi for forgiveness and licking the ground she walks on to get it...

2. Jihoo going abroad to forget Jandi and having a wild, passionate affair with a girl who's UBER FUNNY the likes of Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live that would make him loosen up and live life to the fullest

3. Yijung burying his drama queen persona and eloping with GaEul to a far away country where they will make pots and channel Ghost all night and all day together

4. Woobin finally getting a house and meeting a mafia daughter and together, they will build an empire of cool, kindhearted gangstas... (that and a rapping contract with P.Diddy)

5. Grandpa and Halmonnie falling in love and living the rest of their lives in a retirement home complete with fishing amenities

6. Umi to be gone from the face of the earth and for Jaekyung to send Chen to abduct her the moment she arrives

7. Jandi and Junpyo not succumbing to the daily grind of married life and still remaining as in love with each other as the day that they got together

8. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF SKINSHIP, MAKING OUT AND PASSIONATE ADULT KISSING BETWEEN Jandi and Junpyo.... (they can even dedicate 20 mins of the show for this and i wouldn't complain... What? That can't be done? Ok... i'll settle for the F4 dropping their pants and dancing around in their boxers instead...)

9. AND BUT OF COURSE, for my OTP to live happily ever after without any more threats of separation complete with peaches and cream complexioned little Jandi's and curly haired, bratty little Junpyos...

Hopefully, even if BOF is over, the memories we had of it can keep the thread alive and we can still continue to meet every so often to talk about this drama that brought us closer together...

BOF FIGHTING!

I feel nostalgic as well. I never have gotten so involved in a thread. The previous ones were Sam Soon and Lovers!

The last two episodes are due soon and as someone said, they have finished filming so I hope all the cast and crew had a fabulous farewell dinner (BTS please!) and will finally have some well-deserved rest.

As for the F4 characters, although I wasn't too impressed with the emphasis on the JH and JD relationship, I have to give credit to the PD for making so many of us crazy and ready to spill blood. Never have I seen so many people split between the JH-JD and JP-JD camp. For us who have read the manga and watched the other versions, I think we were confirmed Joondiers. Many felt that JH deserved JD after being there for her all the time and I understand that would be how many viewers feel. It didn't help that there was massive screentime devoted to JH and JD.

I have to admit that I couldn't stand JK especially after she realised the situation between JD and JP. Thank goodness the PD decided not to change the story that much but many viewers also felt that JP and JK were compatible. (I only have to remember the reason that JP gave JD why he chose her - the waltzing scene-)

Thanks to Rebby for giving us a chance to keep this thread going to the end. We have to moderate the newbies ourselves as most spammy comments are from them. But it is nice to see we didn't have a nuclear fallout over that!

I am looking forward to the last two episodes although I think I will be skipping over the Yumi parts unitl JP finally regains his memory ( I think most likely in Ep 25).

oh flowerpot you are simply hilarious!!

i agree that even though the script could do with some improvements, BOF has been truly truly unforgettable.

I didn't even feel this way with Full House.

Actually i kinda also miss the inopportune "Almost Paradise" song throughout the 1st part.... somehow I feel that song defined the show :D

Guest carleli

@ flower pot... I'd surely miss BOF very much and you too flower pot... you make us laugh week after week after week... BOF may sometime frustrates viewers but at least you're there to make us laugh with your posts... you really captured what I'm thinking and feeling about...

and I agree with you especially about the chemistry between the lead start (LMH and GHS)... I don't watch that much BTS of the other dramas I watch so I can only compare their chemistry with MNIKSS couple (HB and KSA), my all time fav drama... you can feel their closeness when you see their interaction especially when they tease each other... BOF couple like MNIKSS couple has gained a lot of shippers because of the chemistry that is apparent when you see them together both on and off cam...

i read somewhere here at the back pages of this thread that it is only a donsaeng-noona relationship... but i'll stay in my dreamland and think of them as a budding couple... who knows maybe they will end up like barbie and vic that became a couple after 2 years... no one can predict the future...

as for KJ aka Song Woobin, hope he appears in another drama, for a first timer he's good... quite natural in his acting...

and my hats off to mama kang... she's really frightening when you look at those piercing eyes of her... great acting...

as for JK and Yumi, you can say they are good too 'coz the viewers really hated them, which means they are effective in portraying their roles... so good for them too...

I'll miss this comment writing which I don't do much, only here in BOF thread... I might be anticipating the ending but I'm also sad that the drama is ending now and no more BOF to watch for the coming week....

hope to see the actors in different drama this time (although if any PD there reading, hope you can get LMH and GHS again together in another drama soon - wishful thinking)...

by the way saw GHS in peppermint today in KBS world... playing the piano, singing and having a duet with Seung-Ri... as per her interview I think her ideal guy is somewhat like GJP (wishful thinking again)....

ok i'll stop my wishful thinking now... see you guys tomorrow for epi 24... ;):PB):)

Guest flower pot

I'm just glad that i can share my obsession with other people who can totally relate with me otherwise, i'd go crazy...

Never have i been hooked enough with other dramas before BOF and this is the only time that i went insane over a production and it's pairing... like carleli MNIKSS was the last drama that i felt this way about...

You know how obsessed i am with this drama? i am currently writing a fan fiction where i'll let all my JunDi fantasies come to the fore without a PD getting in my way... I am posting it on the fan fiction thread the next Monday after BOF airs

I guess i'm just that crazy about this series that i would want to prolong the feelings i get from it in any which way i can... *sigh*

I WANT A SEQUEL! *me cries*

Guest ml_87

I'm just glad that i can share my obsession with other people who can totally relate with me otherwise, i'd go crazy...

Never have i been hooked enough with other dramas before BOF and this is the only time that i went insane over a production and it's pairing... like carleli MNIKSS was the last drama that i felt this way about...

You know how obsessed i am with this drama? i am currently writing a fan fiction where i'll let all my JunDi fantasies come to the fore without a PD getting in my way... I am posting it on the fan fiction thread the next Monday after BOF airs

I guess i'm just that crazy about this series that i would want to prolong the feelings i get from it in any which way i can... *sigh*

really? flowerpot: i'm waiting for yr fiction :D

i agree that Mino-HS should have another work together.oh, the huge chemistry between them! and maybe, BOF is not enough for us! i want MinSun in a drama for viewers above 15. i mean adults! :P

and based on the spoiler of blueangle above, i think the scriptwriter will drag umi until the graduation party. hope that the we wont wait long until the date at namsan tower :lol: "adoring kiss' he he

kiss collection from BOF :) ( it lacks the kiss of JH-JD in caledonia)

2009-03-29_230134.jpg2009-03-29_230145.jpg

2009-03-29_230157.jpglove this the most

2009-03-29_230205.jpg

2009-03-29_230213.jpg

2009-03-29_230221.jpg

2009-03-29_230235.jpg hate this the most

2009-03-29_230242.jpg

2009-03-29_230250.jpg

look forward to the cable kiss :D

source: cynews

KST family :)

Guest betchay

Thank you for another wonderful reviews, flower pot.

I love fanfix & i'm looking forward for it.

I'm gonna miss this drama & your insights contribution every week.

I can't believe we are almost in our 2nd quarter of the year.

Thanks to this amazing drama.. my days became so enjoyable.

Hope i'll overcome my BOF withdrawal soon.