[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

F2 fansigning events draw huge crowds

The 28th was a busy day for F2 boys Kim Bum and Kim Joon, but particularly so for the former.

Both Boys Before Flowers stars attended a fansigning event that evening (above), but first, Kim Bum appeared at one of his own in the morning as well (below).

At 11:30 am, the fansigning session that took place in Seoul’s Myungdong shopping district drew a crowd of 2,500 fans.

This morning session took place at the store for Spris, the activewear clothing brand that Kim Bum endorses (with Go Ara), which sponsored the event.

Kim explained, “Because I’m filming the last shoot for Boys Before Flowers today, I’m sorry I couldn’t meet many of the fans. Even if it was only a short while, I’m so thankful for your huge support.”

Following the close of Boys Before Flowers in the coming days, Kim Bum moves his attention to the big screen — his war movie “71″ is next, starring Yoo Seung-ho (Legend) and Big Bang’s Seung-ri.

Following that morning’s event, Kim Bum joined his castmate Kim Joon for another fansigning in the evening, this time at Seoul’s Yongsan I’PARKmall at 6pm.

This two-hour-long event tied in to the latest Boys Before Flowers merchandising, a second photo and music book (which contains 76 pages of new stills from the set); also sold on-site were the drama’s newly released OST 2 and OST 2.5 albums. On top of that, articles of clothing worn by the actors in the drama were auctioned off for charity.

Asked what he’ll remember most about BBF when it’s over, Kim Bum answered, “the ones with my partner Ga-eul [Kim So-eun],” to much cheer from fans. (Hey, the boy knows how to do fanservice right.)

Furthermore, preceding the signing session, pop group T-Max, of which Kim Joon is a member, gave a short performance.

for credits and more pictures go to: dramabeans

Guest dreampryncezz

It's funny...even though I think JP is hotter, if I were to befriend both of them in real life, I think I would fall for JiHoo before I fall for JP. Does anyone agree with me?

I guess JD was the same, but then along the way, she kind of fell for the other guy. JP is so pushy! lol.

I don't want the show to ever end. I just want them to redo the save scenarios over and over in different locations with somewhat different lines. I'm going to be sad when this series end. I really hope the cast does something else with each other.

YUMI is SO annoying, but you know she cannot win so too bad for her. What wasted effort!

OMG! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, is JP holding YUMI's hands in the ep 25 extended preview when JD comes into JP's room?!!!

Guest Rui-Rui

Asked what he’ll remember most about BBF when it’s over, Kim Bum answered, “the ones with my partner Ga-eul [Kim So-eun],” to much cheer from fans. (Hey, the boy knows how to do fanservice right.)

No doubt about that. He's so cute! I wish there was a clip to see him say it. I think I can imagine this part. lol

Guest betchay

EPISODE 25 LONG PREVIEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION:

JunPyo: What are you doing here? JiHoo's not here.

JD: Oh... I heard you were out of the hospital so I wanted to congratulate you.

JP: You're ridiculous. Take care of your boyfriend instead. Does JiHoo know you're going around like this?

JD: Hey, be careful what you say.

JP: What?

JD: JiHoo sunbae has no reason to have to hear such words from you.

^ ^ Thank you!!!

Jun Pyo, you are really out of your mind. :P

She's your gal... not Ji Hoo. :lol:

I'm excited & sad to watch the last 2 eps of BOF.

I'm gonna miss this drama. :(

Guest Yvonne

Thanks blue_angel for all your spoilers! Please at least tell us if JP & JD will get married or not?

Honestly, I think they changed the whole stabbing to hit&run because I think the LEAKED PHOTO (the one with JP & JD holding hands in New Calendonia) is really part of the ending. I mean, come think about it, if JP was really stabbed, there would be a scar. So they can't have that, since in the leaked photo, there isn't any signs of scars.

Therefore, I truly hope that leaked photo we saw months ago is included in the ending. :wub:

Guest kht2015

All good things must come to an end. I've been following this forum discussion, watching each episode, and sharing all the happy, sad, fun moments of BOF, especially those of Jundi with you guys. I will miss it greatly next week when it comes to an end. I guess every year there's a drama that makes me feel that way, last year was Hong Gil Dong and this year BOF. I don't know about you guys but I wait anxiously for Javabean's recap each Monday and Tuesday nights to a point that my husband just shakes his head. :P But it's all well worth it. I normally wait for a drama to finish airing before watching it but this time, I could not help myself and watch as it airs. It's killing me everytime an episode ends but it at least makes sense when I go to this thread. I will definitely miss all the angst, the lively discussions, all the recaps, and the madness.

We have 2 more episodes and then all is back to normal, no more fantasy, no more giggling... But it has been great. It actually has been 1/4 of the year already, where did the time go? Let's have a happy ending, or at least 2 great episodes, hopefully this drama goes out with a bang like we're all hoping for. :)

Guest danaisVIP

can anyone give me the quote that so yi jung uses ?

about yu have to mold, build & endure the fire to be strong just like how a cup or something is made ?

i forgot. i really like the quote.

& can anyone put it in korean ? like not translated but in korean ?

thank youu !

i kinda just took the dialouge .

" It looks really weak doesn’t it ?

But it’s stronger than it looks .

How long do you think it took to become like this ?

Turned upside down, stepped on, cut over and over again, and it needs to withstand 1300 degrees of heat .

That’s not the end .

And when you go through all that and it still can’t be yours, you need to completely give up .

Like this .... "

- BAMMBOOGAH, it’s crushed under his hammer . XD -

Translations provided for just the "juice" of the articles-

News #1:

Due to the popularity of the Soeul couple, fans have been asking for a different ending from the original manga for this couple. BOF's production company, Group 8, responded, "It should be worth looking forward to" and gave hope for a happy ending for this couple.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=403764

News #2:

Newbie actress, Kim Min Ji (17) will be the last cast member to be added to the BOF team. The production company explained that Yumi's character will make her appearance in ep 24, and compared to the Japanese or the Taiwanese versions, her role will be much less significant. Although fans expressed concerns that the drama is covering such an important arc of the original manga w/ only two episodes remaining in the series, the production company explained that this was done on purpose. Due to the negative perception of amnesia stories in dramas, they planned to make this a minor arc from the start. However, they decided to leave it in because it helped with the flow of the story.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=403766

News #3:

As the BOF finale approaches, fans expressed concern that the ending will reveal that everything was just a dream. However, this dream sequence finale is just a rumor. Instead, the production company explained that

the story will tell the story of the characters after a four year time jump in an "epilogue" format. The production company explained that the ending will stay as true to the manga as possible, but some imagination will be added. The last episode (ep 25) is scheduled to air on the 31st.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=403767

EDIT #1: BOF Filming Sighting (Spoiler):

This is a post by someone who played an extra at yesterday's graduation party shooting. They filmed at a hotel. F4, Yumi, and JD were there. At the party, JD was wearing her school uniform, and she danced w/ WB, YJ, and then JH, in that order. Then, in the swimming pool scene, JD was wearing a pink dress and had her hair curled. (I think she was trying to imitate her look during the ep 2-3 party where JP fell into the pool). After JP saved JD, he kept screaming at her to wake up. And then he held her tightly for about 20 seconds, but since the director wouldn't give a cut signal, he had to continue to hug her.

EDIT #2: Rumors:

I deleted the island filming rumor because I couldn't find anything to back it up. I'll repost if it gets reaffirmed by others.

F4fan, the graduation party filming was definitely on the 28th (Korean time). Not sure about the rumored island scene, or even whether it is true.

Guest hjn87

hey guys, does anyone remember the shoulder bag that Jandi wore when she was in Macau? that's is Marc by Marc Jacobs bag (If I'm not wrong haha). I've been reaching it for a long time but I can't find anywhere, could anyone tell me where should I get it if you guys know.

I think the BOF production team deserves credit for the excellent casting of almost every character.

considering that they only found the actress for Yumi recently, it's rather amazing how there's an immediate reaction from those who's seen Yumi, just from the previews haha.

a little tidbit on how much korean loves BOF: caught this kbs show, zozoclub which featured a lady with 4 pet ferrets. Guess what she named them?! Junpyo, Jihoo, Yijeong and Woobin!! :D

She apparently named her fav ferret Junpyo and a particularly fairer one Jihoo. it was sooo cute :lol:

edit: thanks again blueangel for always updating us with news and spoilers. honestly, all of us will be lost without u :)

The production company explained that the ending will stay as true to the manga as possible, but some imagination will be added. The last episode (ep 25) is scheduled to air on the 31st.

some imagination added? hmm.. im guessing they are referring to Soeul and maybe a hint at a married JD/JP?

Guest F4fan

So what's the true ending of the managa? The 4 year break for JP (learning his business) and JD (going to school) or the one-shot where it hints that they are going to get married?

Blue_angel: Is this the last day (29th) of filming for LMH and GHS only because I thought it was reported in the F2 signing that KB said that the 28th was the last day of filming. I guess it could be the last day of filming for all of them if the "island scene" was filmed on the 28th in the early morning, which allowed KB and KJ to do their fan meetings.

---

What would be more of an issue Umi or JD's passiveness? So far from the previews, we see that JD is still willing to sit back. The spoilers show that she has some little fight in her.

If she continues to sit back, maybe she doesn't deserve JP and even JH after all. I mean, JP almost died this time. No joke being played by F4. This is for real. Either she wakes up and really fight for JP or she should just walk away. This is the same with her dream of being a doctor. Is she willing to do something to achieve this dream or is she just going to accept her lot in life?

I can understand JD's willingness to break up with JP for the JH and GE's sakes. She is still young and maybe if its meant to be, JP and her will meet again. However, when push comes to shove like possible death, how a person reacts is more telling of his/her character.

Guest Daiquiri

^ I blame that on the scriptwriter. The way she has made Jan-di as of late, she has been very weak in these past episodes. We get that she's a self-sacrificing individual and a martyr but for how long? I want her to fight back (better late than never). The same goes for Jun-pyo. I hope he takes Granny's words to heart and acts out on them. So far he's been sitting back and letting his mother have the upper hand. These two both need to fight back if they want their happily ever after.

Guest ml_87

So what's the true ending of the managa? The 4 year break for JP (learning his business) and JD (going to school) or the one-shot where it hints that they are going to get married?

---

What would be more of an issue Umi or JD's passiveness? So far from the previews, we see that JD is still willing to sit back. The spoilers show that she has some little fight in her.

If she continues to sit back, maybe she doesn't deserve JP and even JH after all. I mean, JP almost died this time. No joke being played by F4. This is for real. Either she wakes up and really fight for JP or she should just walk away. This is the same with her dream of being a doctor. Is she willing to do something to achieve this dream or is she just going to accept her lot in life?

I can understand JD's willingness to break up with JP for the JH and GE's sakes. She is still young and maybe if its meant to be, JP and her will meet again. However, when push comes to shove like possible death, how a person reacts is more telling of his/her character.

me, too F4fan.before, i love JD's character. but after watching the previews, i feel really annoyed when JD doesnt show us her real willing to get JP back. when she hears that JP has waken up, she just stands there. if she loves JP that much, she should rush to the hospital right away <_< and she's even busy with working so that she doesnt know JP has discharged. sometimes, i hate JD becauz of her stupid "pride". that's her bf, the person she loves most in the world. but when she needs to take action to get him back, all i see in her is a dumb face. JD overhears and she knows that Umi says lie to Jp but all she does is going out with a sad face :(

sorry guys, i'm bit angried with the preview. :lol: i have to say the scriptwriter is JH and JP' fan :D so she makes ur JD like that in episode 24 and 25 >"<

EDIT

i dun know why! but after writing this psot, i dun angry with JD any more. i'm crazy, right? BOF has such a huge impact on my emotion.

perhaps, it's just the preview. i need to watch episode 24 before saying anything.

btw, this's the last day we wait for BOF. are u sad, guys? :D

would the attempts to jolt his memory be considered fighting?

the problem is that he cant remember her and he also assumes that JD is with Jihoo...

and there's another girl who claims 'ownership' of JP.

Guest evelynn

gag concert -bof parody 1/5

i m nt sure whether it is fine to share this..u can find the rest part under this user too

but this parody makes me laugh so much..

since i had ntg to watch till ep 24 is out, i watched this..

pm me if this is nt allowed and i will have it removed..

i cant wait for ep24....arrrrr

Joondi <3

Guest Yvonne

I am sorry, but I don't think JD is weak for not fighting for JP.

Come on, she has tried everything...but the thing is, JP just doesn't remember her.

What else can she do??? You can't just force him into remembering her...she tried her very best...so when it doesn't work, she decides to leave, because staying would just break her heart more.

If there is anyone who wants to watch the episode 25 long preview with english here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nsWqSSG5-w...re=channel_page credit Hoonfamily.

It seems like people are wondering why Jandi is not fighting harder for Junpyo. How much harder do you want Jandi to fight for Junpyo? The man has partial amnesia and therefore has no memory of his true love. Jandi is doing her best to trigger his memory, but it's been difficult because Umi... that snake... takes credit for all the things that Jandi does for Junpyo. Don't worry people, Junpyo will remember Jandi and the evil snake Umi will be gone. I can't wait to see Umi's expression when Junpyo regains his memory... ha ha ha! The truth always comes out!

Monday!!! Come faster!

they are following the manga so i think you can't really change how much JD tries to make JP remember..and the lunchbox scene is very important..and plus that yumi girl had to convince JD that she would only make JP worst by being there..but u know our JP would still be solid JD by heart...oh how i wish that if JP and JD jump in the pool,they should do what they do in the manga..hahaha sleep in the bed together hmmm hahaha but i think the PD won't approve the scene..

can't wait..im just hoping it will be a solid happy ending..i don't care how cliche it is as long as they are together--no long distance stuff since JP's company has their own university so no need to go away for uni since he goes there anyway.and i hope KBS won't release a lot of pics especially for JP and JD--i feel like they show so many that you expect that it would be an entire epi abt them...