[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest betchay

Yoon JiHoo and Hanazawa Rui Comparisons

credits: semi @ ss601.com

The productions really made sure that they are more similar in the original manga.

I noticed that too in JP's ski outfit. :phew:

Does anyone know which ep it was that Seo Hyun gave Jan Di her shoes to keep?

It was on the last part of ep 3.

Guest ml_87

Oh, i'm very sad when thinking that BOF is closed again! but, it's here! ths rebby so much!

guys, we should stop spam! do u remember? our thread was closed on March 14th. today is march 26!! closed again! :(

pls stop spam with 1 line! if u wanna ask sth why dun u go back yr self! many questions have been reasked. if u wanna ask sth but u cant find, pls put the question in "p/s" at the end yr post (u can write sth like yr opinion about the drama) for example. dun ask with 1 sentence only!

btw, i just read an article of Minho. he said that he is very tired due to the lack of sleep. he even said that he's like dreaming when being interviewed. i'm sure that's the same as BOF cast. i myself cant imagine how i feel if i dun sleep in 1 day only. but watching BOF, i dun find any tiredness on the actors' face. they have given us all their efforts and soul. i do respect their work! this is the last week waiting for the new episodes. very sad! but i wanna say it's a beautiful time to have BOF in my daily life and to know all u guys here! i gonna miss u so much! :)

look forward to a happy ending of JoonDi and Soeul couple! hope that JH find his love and Woobin always keep his nice charateristics!

NRGchick: u remind me! i almost forget Umi! :D oh, i always hate this kind of person. she's even more annoyed than JK. umi always behaves like she's a nice girl, caring about people. actually, she only thinks of herself! but she makes me like Jh even more cauz he's the only person that see her real intention. very selfish girl!

knuts: i wonder it's too. he put his hand in the pocket when talking with JD and when he went after her. maybe, he's too shocked to care where his hand was :) but when he run, he didnt put his hand there, girl! :D

Hmmm, many people don't read the first pafe and the rules.

Please stop spamming or no one will be able to 'find the song *insert episode*' if the thread is closed.

On the drama note, it's almost Monday again and I honestly am not going to look forward to the YUMI arc unless they finish it within one episode. I don't need more heartbreak here. But if she is going to push JP towards JD and make JD fight for JP then hooray.

Usually KBS releases their previews on Fridays right? I hope someone will post it up then.

BOF filming fan sighting reports (Spoilers?):

4. They were seen filming at the English Village (I think this location is used as Shinhwa outdoor campus, and also where JP first told JD to lick the icecream off his shoes?). Anyway, F4 and JD were there. It looked like JP and JD were bickering. Speculation is that this scene is during the amnesia arc when JD's trying to help JP recover his memory.

To all those wanting both a happy ending and more passion, wouldn't it be cute if they show JP surprising JD with an ice cream cone to celebrate the ___-year anniversary of their first meeting? And JD can shove the ice cream in JP's face and it would only really get on his lips, which JD would then lick off. End credits. This would give us our happy ending, more skinship, and it's the very last episode so to hell with everyone who has complained and threatened to do something about the too-mature/adult themes in the drama.

FYI: I was lurking in the KJH forum the other day and it appears that all of us JunDi-shippers scared the JH fans away. Kinda funny what they're saying about this forum over there.

Guest mab2007

what time will this thread closed?..

OMG...can't believe this again..i guess many beginners didn't read the rules..but i think we have to understand them also..since they're given warnings...

haha.mine is 40%..so i have to be more careful now!^_^

I have received several complaints about posters here who post negatively and making rude sarcastic comments (bordering on bashing) on some actors (KHJ in particular) & not forgetting, the production team; being rude to fellow members and fanfictious comments/speculations.

Please express your opinion about the drama in a constructive manner and be considerate of how other posters/readers may feel. This is not the place for aspiring drama critics.

BOF has 2 more eps to go so please focus on the drama itself. I do not wish to HAVE to close this thread before the drama ends.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Korean teens must have some LOWWWWWWW hormonal rates.

Even if they weren't teens, then chances are a portion of the 10,000 will most likely be young adults or adults (unless 5-10 year olds are watching this show and voting online). That percentage is an abnormal response.

As for higher standards...that statement is laughable. Teens, young adults, adults all have hormones and hormone levels that fall within small standard deviations of each other across the board.

If that poll seriously represents the opinion of viewers (who I assume fall within the certain age bracket), then that is a strange scenario and brings more serious questions to mind about the society.

*paging Dr. Freud*

im pretty sure the 10,000 people arent all teens

im pretty sure adults voted too -_-

isnt it awkward when u are watching a movie with ur parent?

or used to and theres like a kissing scene?

i dont think the Korean teens would say their are too many :P

Sorry for cutting your post.

I 110% agree with you. I understand that some of the audiences world wide are under 18 years old, but for god sakes we deserve some REAL kissing and at least HAND HOLDINGS. How could you portray your love/affection by STARING at each other eyes ALL DAY LONG? That's just unrealistic. Even kids in elementary school even show MORE affection to their crushes than JP and JD. Is it hard to ask for ONE real kiss?

Yes, we understand that this drama is fictional and not real, but also this is a forum. WE are allowed to express what we think or what our thoughts are. So again I do agree with you that we shouldn't feel apologetic in any way for wanting that.

QUOTE (soonjap @ Mar 25 2009, 10:05 PM) *

You can't assume that all 10,000 people polled were teenagers and even if they were, it doesn't mean that they would have to have low hormonal rates. Maybe they just have higher standards.

Although Korea is a very conservative country, it does NOT mean they have HIGHER standards. It calls puberty honey, and everyone and yes including yourself gotta experienced that ONCE.

hahaha~your post made me laugh!!!

Are you DAYDREAMING???

what a lovely joke!

waaah....the thread is open again, thanks Mod

dear fellow BOF addicts, please spend a little bit of time to back read and try not to SPAM. Thank you.

ok, I think, I know now why LMH kept one hand in his pocket during that bus scene, even when he was running towards JD after that "cold shower" he got from her :wacko:

he was cold and had a hot pack in his pocket....LOL...

sorry, but I really love LMH...hahaha...

PS: I don't really blame LMH. It is the lack of sleep that is affecting the whole crew, including the PD....and the drama!

Guest mab2007

^

btw..LMH still posed even after he had stopped chasing JD in the bus..haha!lol...

his pose was the same where JD and JH left in Macao Airport..

Guest daysgoby

ews20090325ep23-15.jpg

I couldn't help screencapping the hell out of this scene. Shot by shot was necessary :(

Recap of episode 23: http://evacuatewithstyle.org/blog/2009/03/...ers-episode-23/

Anyone else feel really panicky that the show is ending in two episodes and they're still going to introduce a new storyline? It'll be short, sure, but I'm gonna be pissed if we get like 5 minutes of ship reconciliation in the very last 10 minutes of episode 25. We've been through too much turmoil to only get so little ship lovin'! <_<

Guest sunshinek

In my opinion I think the actors are playing thier characters perfectly!!! Jandi and Junpyo are a bit awkward because this is both of thier first relationships and even though now a days kids are dating when they 5yrs old those two don't have the experience to really know what to do even at 20yrs old. Unlike jihoo who had Seohyun who kind of trained him on dating a woman so it looks like he is more smooth with Jandi. Like when you compare them dancing she says she is floatin of course she is she was on his shoes but with junpyo she is really trying to dance with him. Even the scene when they were in the car watching a movie and both of them were thinking don't look at each other oh man its hot but don't move. LOL!!! Junpyo is not like his other friends in the romance department because its still very innocent and new to him. Like the beach seen when they are alone and she is sayin if you try to get fresh with me and he said you not so innocent either with your mind always in the gutter. But put any of his other friends in that same situation they would be trying to get all over the girl. Look at Jieong and Gaeul he is so smooth that when she trips he's already going to go in for the kiss. So I think that the scenes are perfect for each character. Even Jihoo kept grabing on Jandi on the beach giving that line about his cold (put a sweater on man don't hug your friends girl)

No to wrap up all the tender moments in place them in their perfect place here it is:

Soulmate: JiHoo knows what she is thinking, how she feels, they can speak without speaking so of course their relationship will be more intimate then Junpyo and she says or thinks this in so many words when they are at the river watch the water shoot out. She will always love jihoo and be grateful to him.

Husband: Junpyo well in real life there will be arguements and awkwardness so of course that is what is going on does that mean they don't love each other no it just means that he doesn't know what she is thinking without her telling him

Now on a side note does anyone know if there will be a car accident??? I've watch so many different links on youtube and i thought i saw one with a big car accident and jandi trying to grab at junpyo but someone pulled her out and then the car exploded do you think this really happens or it was just a fan making a dramatic scene to show jd/jp love?

And WooBin they didn't say anything about his family issues i read somewhere he was suppose to have an arranged marriage also that he wanted to get out of and he loves to charm women because he was raised by his mother and his two sisters but i guess they ran out of time to tell his story.

if they had cut some jk out, there might have been a woobin story. sorry, still bitter that she got to hug jp's bare back and went out so late in the show ^_^

those were prolly fan-made vids that u saw. reliable spoilers say something else. ;)

Guest clauds

I just thought of something.. since there will be a 4 year jump .. remember in the manga when domyouji had to leave to go to New York, he said in a pressconference " After 4 years, I will definitely come for her ".... I doubt that will happen considering the amnesia arc but... what if... ? :(

Guest tchq90

Who would be the couple in the third picture?

- Jandi and Jihoo

- or Yi Jung and Ga Eul

- or Jandi and Junpyo (unlikely since he doesn't have curly hair)

Guest tchq90

People, stop spamming this thread with one-liners and stop quoting pictures!!! >.<

I am really anticipating a good ending. Despite how many people complained about the way this drama turned, especially during the second season, I still love the storyline no matter what. Whatever it is, BOF is still a Korean drama. It has to fit a certain style to attract the Korean audience. And the minor differences in the main characters (like how JP here is a little more human compared to the manga) are portrayed according to the Korean culture. If JP was a total meanie, I don't think the Korean audience would fall in love with JP's character as much as they have now. Some international fans here, especially HYD fans, may not understand that or may not like it because sometimes the usual Korean drama style gets a little too boring. No matter what, BOF will always be BOF, holding its own unique characteristic and pride.

Oh My God... Did you really mean this??? the Korean culture??? Let's take an example of the Soulmate couple... I still don't understand how could Ga Eul forgive Yi Jung after what he had done to her on their "real" date. If I remember correctly, there was no scene that Yi Jung at least says he's sorry or regrets about her "ordeal" (i.e. being offered to his father!!!). We only see a playful couple afterward and surprisingly, how devoted Ga Eul to this playboy to overcome his sorrow. I hope many Korean girls, ladies, ahjumas out there would agree with me that this is unacceptable in their society.

Guest ziemah

omg that picture after the four years time is soo cute! :D i really hope that the ending will be like that! Three days more for BOF.I really cant wait for monday! but its sad to know that its coming to an end :( im so going to miss this drama! ive been hooked up by this drama for almost two months now and it really will feel a lil bit weird for mondays and tuesdays after this :mellow:

Guest funkindagirl

And, this is not a spoiler and so not confirmed (let's call it a speculation?), but there is a rumor going around that they pre-filmed a wedding in Macau and a honeymoon in New Caledonia, which may be used as some of the scenes in the blank script for after the time jump. This is not by my spoiler source, so I'm not sure about the reliability of any of this speculation. Just thought it was interesting so I thought I'd share.

I remember the picture of them strolling down the beach in New Caledonia hand in hand with JD in a white dress.

I would actually love that kind of ending where they honeymoon back in New Caledonia.

Haha, although the BOF cast are sick of the place, as a viewer it brings nice memories of the earlier episodes that they spent there.

I think a lot of korean fans didnt like the thought of that as the ending (partly because they'd already seen the picture) and wanted something more original.

And the BOF team reassured that it was just a scene that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Although whether it was MEANT to be the real ending but they had to change it because fans found out and didnt like it or whether it really wasn't the ending, I guess we wont know?

Guest oanhdinh

thank you Mod for letting this thread open!

To Tchq90: I think Chunjess's right! You cant take jst only 1 example about Soulmate couple and make it the symbol of Korea culture. It's jst the story. Though we want it or dont, we have to accept that.I see you feel miserable for Gaeul, and so did i.

BOF is a korea drama , maybe it's different from the original manga, but i still love it.(i'm a big fan of HYD).I can accept the drama, and i hope HYD fans will accept this like me.( i have to confirm that i watch BOF not only for goodlooking actors, i watch it cause it makes me more understand about love, friendship, family and the sacrifice) .:)

Guest kingko

I have question. In episode 22, how did Jandi fall in love with Jun Pyo after the wedding. Didn't she not like him because of his behavior at Macau?