[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

i dont know why but i kind of dont like ep 11..i'm kinda disappointed.

it's just so confusing.

sorry to say this but i find both Jandi and Junpyo annoying in this ep...it gets kinda frustrating.

what happened to Jandi? She seems so weak...

The characters that I like and understand in this ep are Jihoo and JeHa(eventhough he's evil but it's kinda hard not to like him coz he's hot...lol)

Anyways, I like the GaJung scenes...however, i think that it is abit...random? wish they would elaborate it a lil bit more...

I'm looking forward to the next ep though.

Guest sweetie

Sorry, I didn't want to quote your entire statement cause it was pretty long. Lol.

But you made really good points.

Especially the one about Jun Pyo placing the scents into the pool.

I just now realized that she never did go back to the pool....

at least not in episode 11.

That was a very sad scene for me too, especially with what Jun Pyo said.

You gotta love him, despite how stubborn he can be. He's trying his best.

no worries, i dont mind at all. it indeed TOO LONG.hehee :sweatingbullets:

yeah, i felt so sad watching JP.. but i dont blame JD. she's in a difficult situation too.

n the way JP even said to the other F4 about wanting to play hard to get n make her go uneasy :(

He has no more pride to save from his friend

i cant wait to see when its JD's turn to chase after JP :)

n looking for the necklace in the snowstorm is a nice starting for our poor JP

show him your love, geum jan di~

Question.... Was that Ginger trying to stop GE from entering the F4 room? Makes you wonder if Ginger is now envious of GE, because she's talking to YJ. You know, if the three Vixens really wanted to hang out out with Ji-Hoo and Jun Pyo. How about asking them if they wanted to hang out, rather then "worshipping" them. They get all prissy because JanDi is like their friend. I don't know... communication works wonders.

Guest speedingcars

vikii srt for Ep11 (resync to Ental ver)

MU LINK

Ahh, I tend to stay away from this thread because I don't like spoilers but I realized I didn't have subs for episode 11 and I just happened to come here, so thanks a bunch. =]

Guest onefrozenmoment

THAT is exactly what I had in mind after watching ep 11 (or even earlier). For one who has just declared her affection for JP and accepted him as bf, JD seems to be one insensitive girl?! Yes JP may be overwhelming sometimes but he is already restraining himself a lot, and giving her a lot of room and time that she wanted. I could not feel much of when she really wanted to be with him, her new bf.

And another thing - what's with all the lying by JD? It is so easy for her to lie to him. She knows he is sincere, but with every little thing she just so easily resorts to lying. Maybe she has her good reasons, but imagine if it is the opposite, that JP is the one who is lying now and then about little things, e.g. losing things she gave him, going places with another girl (that model was someone she just knew for a few days) and lying that it's another F4's birthday, then it won't be OK?

It would be nice to see JD more "in love with" JP, so it will be more convincing when they have to stand up to JP's mother and the fiance etc.

I'm on the disagreeing side from you. I understand where you come from when you say JD isn't as committed to JP and that JD sometimes thinks about herself, but I think JD still feels a little detached from JP because of the social class difference. JP's mom just took away the dry cleaner's business so that was sort of a rude awakening for JD that her and JP ARE in different worlds and in order for them to come together, it requires a lot of work. Even though JP is sincere and shows it by all these different things, JD is trying to watch out for herself and her family FIRST then focus on JP. In the scene where she got her paycheck from the photoshoot- she was so happy that she had that much money and she could finally help out the family that it would've made sense for her to follow Je Ha into the modeling business in the first place.

I just think JD is 'insincere' because of how she has to fend out more for herself than JP does. It isn't realistic that she completely falls in love with JP after a few episodes of the love declaration because JD still has to worry about a lot of other things. Also, JD just realized at the end of episode 11 how important JP is to her so she's already entering that love awakening.

((woot! topped a page! :D))

Guest sweetie

THAT is exactly what I had in mind after watching ep 11 (or even earlier). For one who has just declared her affection for JP and accepted him as bf, JD seems to be one insensitive girl?! Yes JP may be overwhelming sometimes but he is already restraining himself a lot, and giving her a lot of room and time that she wanted. I could not feel much of when she really wanted to be with him, her new bf.

And another thing - what's with all the lying by JD? It is so easy for her to lie to him. She knows he is sincere, but with every little thing she just so easily resorts to lying. Maybe she has her good reasons, but imagine if it is the opposite, that JP is the one who is lying now and then about little things, e.g. losing things she gave him, going places with another girl (that model was someone she just knew for a few days) and lying that it's another F4's birthday, then it won't be OK?

It would be nice to see JD more "in love with" JP, so it will be more convincing when they have to stand up to JP's mother and the fiance etc.

dont worry, we will see that side of JD soon.

from my opinion, JD not accepting JP's mom's money is not bcoz she wanted to be with JP.

its just herself, her pride n her principal not accepting those kind of money.

she herself still dont have confidence in her relationship with JP, how long will they last.

more than his mom, she always wanna run away from him bcoz of him.

n i think the main reason is all bcoz she think - JP is in a different world. its impossible btw me n him.

so we cant say that what JD's doing right now is bcoz she's striving just to be with JP.

but, after ep11, she come to realize what JP means to her n how there's really no JP's world or JD's world.

if she's together with JP, they r in d same world. its avoiding him that make him look like a stranger.

if she want to, regardless if she didnt have time bcoz of work, she can always bring him along. our JP will be more than happy to do that

(though he will complain a lot :lol: )

so, thats y from the preview the way JD confront JP's mom, this time its not just bcoz of her pride but the war begin bcoz she want to be with JP.

i think she will have more faith in their relationship from now on.

like how she struggle to get the necklace bcoz she realize how important it is for JP.

she will slowly come to care for JP's feelings.

but the fiance will stir her confidence once again.

Guest ethopia

No. It's the star "surrounded" by the moon, if surrounded even qualifies as the right word to use.

The moon orbits it's respective "star" (scientifically speaking, it should be a planet and not a star).

So JunPyo is making the statement with the necklace that Jan Di revolves around him.

:crazy:

I'm quitting the show if Kim Bum and Seoul aren't in it.

i rewatched the preview for epi 12..

JP said the JD .. while pointing to the necklace.. "this is me (tracing the outer part of the pendant which is the

big star) and that's you inside of there (small moon inside the big star). Since Geum Jan Di is a moon that can never

get away from the star called Goo Jun Pyo"....

just finished watching epi 11 and is soooo fast phased and intense... epi 12 will be blast!!

Guest theGreatOne

So I usually don't post but I'm really confused at this point. I hope asking questions isn't considered spamming?

Anyway, question: So are the PDs pursuing EG and YJ relationship moreso than they did in the japanese version? Because in the japanese. version, the relationship was moreso girl chases boy and boy running away...I really hope they get together in this one though, they're just UBER cute together.

Question 2: Seriously, Kim Bum isn't going to be on the show anymore? wt-eff....how're they just going to play us like that?!

Guest Terpsichore26

Hello! Annyeong! Brand new poster here. I started reading this thread from episode 6, and I finally caught up. I've been wanting to share my thoughts on so many things, but I'll stick to the recent episodes.

Episode 9:

Most of it has been said.

1) I just want to add that the comic timing at the end of the apple/apology scene was absolutely perfect. Jun Pyo reaching for the apple, Woo Bin tossing it, and Ji Hoo taking a bite and grinning. My congrats to the actors + director + editors for getting it so right. Maybe there is also deeper meaning to these bits as others have suggested, but I also think it's just so funny how Ji Hoo is always getting the first bite at the apple, so to speak.

2) Also, regarding the ice-skating scene, it seems Min Ho can really skate, even backwards a little. I find that so sexy...

Episode 10:

1) For both kisses, the characters' reactions were not shown at all. This is pretty disappointing to me, as I think those were two great opportunities to show a little more of what Jun Pyo and Jan Di - the latter especially - are feeling. I have enjoyed and appreciated pretty much all of the scenes in this drama, but the time proportions for some of them could be better. For example, they could take away one minute of that three minutes' piano-playing scene (which I did love, but was just kind of long), and show me 30 seconds of a kiss reaction, plus 30 seconds of Woo Bin arranging to take out the gangsters who trashed the Geums' food stall!

2) I agree with those who said that the glasses + ponytail look were out of character for Ji Hoo. I assumed that there was a specific reason for using it, though. As soon as I saw the pictures of that scene, I thought that the PD's must be giving a sort of shout-out to everyone who said that Kim Hyun Joong resembles Bae Yong Joon. I still think so. If this drama is aired in Japan, I wonder how Yon-sama's ahjumma fans will react. Possibly a major boost for SS501's Japan activities.

3)

WOW at Manager Jung's expression. I didn't notice it while watching the scene in action because I was looking at Hye Sun's face and feeling heartbroken for Jan Di's humiliation. Apparently Manager Jung feels so as well.

4)

i've gotta say this drama is pretty good .. and this is comming from a dude haha. getting a little crush on the actress who plays jandi hahaha. :blush:

Since no one replied to this before - way to go buckha! Goo Hye Sun is so pretty and talented. Congratulations on braving this forum full of drama-crazy women, gushing over pretty boys!

Episode 11:

1) I'm so glad that Jae Ha managed to make that comment that Jun Pyo should think about his gf's situation before he gets jealous of her. I'm especially glad that Jun Pyo remembered that comment later. Jae Ha is a pretty perceptive kid. Given the way he manipulates people, if this were real life, he would be incredibly smart, to the extent that it's a little bit scary. And yes, it's shameful but true: that intelligence, together with his hotness and his deep, sexy voice would totally be enough to make me forgive his transgressions against Jun Pyo and Jan Di.

2) I agree with those who said that Jan Di waits too long to stop Jun Pyo beating up Jae Ha. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely touched when he said 'I'll protect you, Sunbae' while his (beautiful) face was all bruised and swollen. I get that the PD's wanted to achieve that effect, but it was wrong for it to go on without Jan Di saying anything. Even those few seconds just ticked by so uncomfortably for me.

3) Bravo! for Woo Bin mobilizing the mob to help his friends. He's so suave about it - "send everyone available". Thanks for this, PD's, after a disappointing Woo Bin-less ep 10.

4) I LOL'd at Ga Eul, protesting their boss's transfer of affections from the Andromeda Prince to HaJe - "He has no integrity!" - so funny. Is she feeling a bit of indignation on Yi Jeong's behalf? Related to the Ga Eul / Yi Jeong story arc, why exactly did she give him another gift? Also, wasn't he wearing the same kind of arm warmers in an earlier episode, when they were playing basketball?

5) Did they change the set of the school for the outdoor scenes?

Well, there are some of my thoughts! Please let me know if I need to change anything to abide by rules (I think I've followed them all!). PM me if you want to discuss and it's not relevant enough to the topic.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who provides streaming, downloads, subs, graphics, translations, and every other thing that makes it possible for me to enjoy this drama so much. Gamsahamnida! Hwaiting!

Guest ethopia

@ boraah ... ginger does not know GE is friend with YJ... there is a special place in the school where only F4 hangs out.. its like a special place only for F4.. and no one is allowed to go or stay in the F4 special place. ginger stopped

GE from entering coz she was not from that school and she's not one of the special people. Only JD was allowed to hang out

with the F4 at the special place.... B)

i rewatched the preview for epi 12..

JP said the JD .. while pointing to the necklace.. "this is me (tracing the outer part of the pendant which is the

big star) and that's you inside of there (small moon inside the big star). Since Geum Jan Di is a moon that can never

get away from the star called Goo Jun Pyo"....

just finished watching epi 11 and is soooo fast phased and intense... epi 12 will be blast!!

it means u are mine :rolleyes: OH My GOD so romantic, Goo Jun Pyo! :x

i've read all of yr posts, well, various opinions right. i can say that this drama can make all of u go crazy like this, u experience feelings like hate, love, angry with the characters. that's their big success :rolleyes:

Maybe she didn't stop the fight sooner because she didn't want to be with Jahae and he took her away from her class. Maybe she didn't care enough for Jahae to stop the fight. Before JP appearance, she was fighting to get away from Jahae or at least to let go of her.

Even after receiving the red card, she had more of tired and resigned expression than one of alarm. When Jahae said he would protect her she kind of just nodded like "thanks, you got a red car, too and we are in the same boat but....I don't seem to care anymore."

Guest mimo310

It seriously bugged me that JAn Di seems to cry too much in recent episodes, if she is normal female protagonist in other Korean dramas, I will understand, but hey, she is Jan Di, a kind of weed right? GHS is exploiting her tears here, using her tears at the right time will be better. If she started to tear up after seeing JHoo, her sole supporter from the beginning, walk away, I would think GHS is an excellent actress, but she teared up right when JP confronted her.

One more point, why did she just stand there and watched when JP punched Jae Ha, I guess if she was the heroine I knew in those first episodes, she would jump in and stopped JP right away, i don't think being heart-broken to the point of powerless is the right excuse here. I miss my strong girl, PD please give her back ( and I doubt he will, since ep 13 onward will be rather heart-breaking, i will just see more crying scence of Jan Di :sigh: )

Guest ethopia

Why was JD alone in the lap school?

lab school u mean? becoz it was only a setup... Jae Ha set the whole thing up.. from the writings on the

blackboard (that the class was transfered to the lab).. so basiclly no one was there... only JD :)

"Boys Before Flowers Slammed For Promoting Violence"

Although KBS Boys Before Flowers have attracted quite a following judging from the fanfare and ratings, it has also been labelled as "lousy" by some. But the ridiculous storylines recently have led to an even bigger dispute over it.

Since the group bullying scenes in episode 1 of Boys Before Flowers, subsequent episodes have come under fire from netizens. Although the scenes did happen in the manga and the Taiwanese and Japanese drama adapations, many Koreans can't accept it for fear of copycats in real life. The criticism intensified with the latest episode shown on the 9th where scenes of attempted rape, kidnap, violence and imprisonment were played out before the viewers eyes. The whole episode felt like a bazaar where all sorts of violence were on display.

The episode itself was quite bad in terms of storyline in the first place, kind of disjointed from last week. Geum Jandi decides on earning some money by going to a dubious entertainment company called Enjoy Productions where the perverted CEO and assistant takes pictures of her in cosplay outfits. Jandi finds something wrong when she is given a over revealing outfit and is nearly raped by the perveted men. She is rescued by Min Jae Ha (Jung Ui Chul) but Jandi is in more woe as the earlier was just using her for revenge against Joon Pyo for causing his elder brother distress. It's strange to see someone (Jae Ha) step in so easily between Jandi and Joon Pyo with such relative ease and causing issues.

Jandi is thus subjected to a series of attempted murder attempts via a falling flower pot, trapped in a gas filled school lab as Jae Ha tries to convince Jandi that Joon Pyo is a bad man for doing this to her. But Jandi doesn't believe him, holding on to the belief that Joon Pyo is really kind-hearted in nature. For his revenge though, Jae Ha knocks out Jandi and imprisons her, calling Joon Pyo to come alone to save her as we end there.

Some netizens expressed their concern, "Many females are already pretty apprehensive over the case of serial killer, Kang Ho Soon who had killed and buried six women from December 2006 through last month in the southwestern area of Gyeonggi-do province. With so many students of all levels plus even small kids watching the drama now, is it appropriate to include so much violent and kidnapping scenes", "The violence should be toned down in the Korean adapation", etc.

Regardless of the bad press, Boys Before Flowers continued to lead the pack with another new record of 31.5%. MBC East of Eden got 24.4% while SBS Terroir managed 7.1%.

credit:ALLKPOP

Guest ethopia

"Boys Before Flowers Slammed For Promoting Violence"

Although KBS Boys Before Flowers have attracted quite a following judging from the fanfare and ratings, it has also been labelled as "lousy" by some. But the ridiculous storylines recently have led to an even bigger dispute over it.

Since the group bullying scenes in episode 1 of Boys Before Flowers, subsequent episodes have come under fire from netizens. Although the scenes did happen in the manga and the Taiwanese and Japanese drama adapations, many Koreans can't accept it for fear of copycats in real life. The criticism intensified with the latest episode shown on the 9th where scenes of attempted rape, kidnap, violence and imprisonment were played out before the viewers eyes. The whole episode felt like a bazaar where all sorts of violence were on display.

The episode itself was quite bad in terms of storyline in the first place, kind of disjointed from last week. Geum Jandi decides on earning some money by going to a dubious entertainment company called Enjoy Productions where the perverted CEO and assistant takes pictures of her in cosplay outfits. Jandi finds something wrong when she is given a over revealing outfit and is nearly raped by the perveted men. She is rescued by Min Jae Ha (Jung Ui Chul) but Jandi is in more woe as the earlier was just using her for revenge against Joon Pyo for causing his elder brother distress. It's strange to see someone (Jae Ha) step in so easily between Jandi and Joon Pyo with such relative ease and causing issues.

Jandi is thus subjected to a series of attempted murder attempts via a falling flower pot, trapped in a gas filled school lab as Jae Ha tries to convince Jandi that Joon Pyo is a bad man for doing this to her. But Jandi doesn't believe him, holding on to the belief that Joon Pyo is really kind-hearted in nature. For his revenge though, Jae Ha knocks out Jandi and imprisons her, calling Joon Pyo to come alone to save her as we end there.

Some netizens expressed their concern, "Many females are already pretty apprehensive over the case of serial killer, Kang Ho Soon who had killed and buried six women from December 2006 through last month in the southwestern area of Gyeonggi-do province. With so many students of all levels plus even small kids watching the drama now, is it appropriate to include so much violent and kidnapping scenes", "The violence should be toned down in the Korean adapation", etc.

Regardless of the bad press, Boys Before Flowers continued to lead the pack with another new record of 31.5%. MBC East of Eden got 24.4% while SBS Terroir managed 7.1%.

credit:ALLKPOP

awwww to bad :( .. what can they do its in the storyline... anyhoo... hope it works out for them

Guest eternitygoddess

Oh good lord. :rolleyes:

Boys over Flowers is vanilla compared to shows like Gossip Girl.

Sometimes the degree to which Asian dramas and their viewership are conservative gets annoying and screws otherwise interesting storylines.