[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Since we all know that JD & JP are eventually gonna end up together.

I hope that this drama would show the strong friendship between JD & JH because initially, they are soulmates.

Yea I think so,

in HYD Makino acknowledges Rui as one of her best friends and her first love :)

Yea I think so,

in HYD Makino acknowledges Rui as one of her best friends and her first love :)

yup I'm on your side,,

after finished reading the manga,, I felt that JH is JD's soulmate

they have a strong relationship

I remember in the end of the manga MAkino said that Rui will always in her heart,,

yup I'm on your side,,

after finished reading the manga,, I felt that JH is JD's soulmate

they have a strong relationship

I remember in the end of the manga MAkino said that Rui will always in her heart,,

i agree...

i dont really get why some people think that Domyouji/JP is Makino/JD's soulmate..

because they do not connect with each other initially...

their relationship took time for them to realize their feelings for each other.

JH & JD, on the other hand, instantly have a connection when they first saw each other...

That's what I think soulmates is all about, I guess.

Guest polaris

i just found an interesting comment in DramaBeans.

just want to share it with u.

172 Cinamoroll - Jan 22, 2009 at 3:40 pm

" I just have been to Official website and seems like so many fans are enraged at the writer and the producers for portraying this drama in strictly JunPyo’s point of view instead of Jandi’s Point of view.

she pointed out something i've been wondering. i was thinking why only JunPyo is in the spot light. it's not just becos of his acting and hotness.

i think i hv to agree with Cinamoroll. Since i've read the manga, i know very well that it's all bout Jandi's point of view. it shows how Jandi thinks, how she feels, what she cares etc.

it's Gu Hye-sun acting is not good enough?? becos i dn't feel what Jandi's thinking :( or may b it's becos the writer portrays this version as JunPyo's point of view.

They said they will create their own korean version, right?? may b this is their style of creating ( although they fallow the manga A-Z :P )

I dont know... I kind of like it that the korean version deviates from the manga and the other versions a bit. It gives a new spin on things and I think it is the writer's creative right to change some things..

Also, I dont think this drama is only from the viewpoint of Junpyo.. From what Ive been seeing ep1-6 I feel that Jandi's point of view is portrayed.

As for Jun Pyo being in the spotlight.... HE can't help being so awesome..I dont think he should downplay his acting ability to match others around him. PLus I dont mind that we see alot of Junpyo..There's no point in denying Minho's star appeal. Actually a huge portion of my addiction to this drama is because of MinHo playing Junpyo and I dont think there's anything wrong with that.

Thanks for sharing :D

i still can't see it, but i guess it's my internet connection <_<

yea..i noticed some people couldn't see it, and have been asking me to put it on youtube. But I can't download it because I don't have an account

:wacko: so if someone who can could post it that'd be great!

and maybe it is because you are using firefox?? anyway sorry you can't see it, hopefully someone else will post it n youtube of something

Guest Daiquiri

sheherizade3: Thank you for sharing that lengthy but notable post with us. I definitely agree with you on GHS's acting. She maybe very caricature at times but she has brilliant moments where her acting shines through. I hate how so many people complain about her acting and as you pointed out, the result is they oversee those moments.

I hope you'll post around here more often. Hopefully fans and newbies will understand your perspective and begin to understand the underlying themes and symbolisms. Yes, it is a drama but one can still appreciate the quality and the elements this drama brings without resorting to hateful and unnecessary bashing.

gg3500: Thanks for sharing the preview with us. I can't wait!

Actually I think this drama shows it much more from JD's perspective and i dont see how this deviates very much from other korean dramas with similar themes when the male star power overwhelms everyone else. I think the rest of the cast is doing a great job overall.

Guest puls707

^ ditto!

that was an absolutely lovely preview!

Joon-Hee? - Come here!

JP - Ow! Ow! Nuna!

lol i can't wait to see episode 7 now!

its going to be fantabulous!

I dont know... I kind of like it that the korean version deviates from the manga and the other versions a bit. It gives a new spin on things and I think it is the writer's creative right to change some things..

Also, I dont think this drama is only from the viewpoint of Junpyo.. From what Ive been seeing ep1-6 I feel that Jandi's point of view is portrayed.

As for Jun Pyo being in the spotlight.... HE can't help being so awesome..I dont think he should downplay his acting ability to match others around him. PLus I dont mind that we see alot of Junpyo..There's no point in denying Minho's star appeal. Actually a huge portion of my addiction to this drama is because of MinHo playing Junpyo and I dont think there's anything wrong with that.

I actually agree w/ this.

I think what Cinamoroll meant by "spotlight" was that Joon Pyo's POV is revealed more than the rest of the characters.. not that he actually wants that spotlight (i mean, i wouldn't complain either :rolleyes: ). And i actually like it this way. I'm also thinking that maybe that is another reason to why/how someone can fall for Joon Pyo so early on in the series-- b/c we see him [and his sentimental ways] more. Whereas, the other adaptations, he might've acted the same way but we didn't get to see it b/c the POV was more focused on Makino/ShanCai. :sweatingbullets: .. i don't know if that makes sense, but yes.^^

I really really like it that it's in JP's POV (or.. more of JP's POV). This may have been what Domyouji/DaoMingSe was going through as well.. we just never got to see it. I like this twist in the Korean version... I've only begun to realize it. >_<

But what still gets on my nerves is the fact that i'm convincing myself that JP and JH has this awesomely cool bond~~ when in reality, i'm only thinking that because i know that that's part of the story.--- This version doesn't really emphasize on their strong bond. I mean, if i were to watch this drama w/out reading the manga or watching the previous versions, i'd probably think that YJ+JP were best best friends and JH was just an exception to F4. :ph34r:

And i agree! Goo Jun Hee rules.. :P

sheherizade3: Thank you for sharing that lengthy but notable post with us. I definitely agree with you on GHS's acting. She maybe very caricature at times but she has brilliant moments where her acting shines through. I hate how so many people complain about her acting and as you pointed out, the result is they oversee those moments.

I hope you'll post around here more often. Hopefully fans and newbies will understand your perspective and begin to understand the underlying themes and symbolisms. Yes, it is a drama but one can still appreciate the quality and the elements this drama brings without resorting to hateful and unnecessary bashing.

Couldn't agree more. There are much worse actors/actresses out there. I think GHS is one the the most decent actress in Korea.

But no one is perfect, so I am not saying she is perfect. I think she of all people would appreciate criticisms that could help her a even better actress. But what gets me mad is when people say things like "She is the worst actor ever! They should have never casted her!" What kind of a comment is that? How is that supposed to help her at all? And it just ruins the drama for the people reading the forums

And this isn't just for GHS's acting, it's just that she seemed to be getting most of the criticisms.

Anyway, i think this forum would be much better if people thought more about what they say before they post it.

I haven't backtracked much in the thread, but I definitely agree with those that say that Ji Hoo is Jan Di's soulmate, but Jun Pyo is her husband. No matter how much anyone tries to deny this, you can see it in the drama that they have that kind of connection and that's why Jun Pyo's jealous because he doesn't have that sort of connection with Jan Di. If Ji Hoo never left to Paris, the husband would probably be him as well.

This reminds me of the Twilight series because like for Bella her soulmate is Jacob, but her husband is Edward.

Can anyone post the preview over at KBS on youtube? >.< The site isn't working for me :(

Guest secret_valentine

I really like Goo Hye sun acting!!!

I mean she gets things thrown at her in the drama becuz she gets bully and endure that^^

one of the moment that made her shine was when GJP rescue Jandi and she cried that was an awesome scene!!!

She is also soooooooo pretty!!

hi..it's my first post here and I'm really amazed on how fast this thread is growing..

I'm totally loving Boys Over Flowers..I've watched the other versions though and really fell in love with the Japanese version..but it felt different watching the Korean version because I'm a fan of Korean dramas..from what i have watched, i really think that this is the best hana yori dango version..it's only my opinion..

i won't write all my opinions because it'll be really long..

hey guys, I don't think this has been posted yet. It's a preview for ep.7 but it has some different scenes than the preview after ep 6.

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/f4/view/preview...6092_28447.html

thanks for the preview..love it!! can't wait to see JP and the rest of the F4 afraid with JP's sister..

i can't wait until epsode 7&8 are out next week!!!

KYAAAAAAA!~

Man, it's so unfair how Ji Hoon comes back and takes Jandi...

I mean Joon Pyo is bad, but when he showed her "HIS HEART" thats pretty clear that he in totally IN LOVE...

AHHHHHHH~

*shakes head in disappointment*

Jandi baht, that's a cute name but if translated... *laughs*

i feel so bad that i don't even want to guss whats going to happen and let it hit me in surprise!