[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I know this is a drama, and things are meant to be unrealistic and over dramatic BUT:

Certainly the rich and powerful are able to have girlfriends and wives and families no problem - so why is this such a problem for GJP's mom? Of course there would be some backlash of people saying the poor country girl reeled in the big fish, but that would be giving her too much credit no? You'd think someone as smart as GJP would realize if a girl was using him just for fame/fortune. Also, wasn't the whole reason GJP's mom allowed GJD to get into Shinhwa HS was because she wanted to create a better image for the company? Wouldn't the marriage of those two be positive PR, the whole romantic Cinderella spin on things?

Guest MissJeannie

http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2009/94/20090309/2009030906550986294_072425_0.jpg

http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2009/8...82_075207_0.jpg

gosh, goo hye sun is really a tough actress.

not only is she cute. she has a big heart.

to GHS ,

you're a star that i will always remember. and i hope everything goes well with you. fighting!

i just want you to know, your fans are here with you! supporting you :)

I know this is a drama, and things are meant to be unrealistic and over dramatic BUT:

Certainly the rich and powerful are able to have girlfriends and wives and families no problem - so why is this such a problem for GJP's mom? Of course there would be some backlash of people saying the poor country girl reeled in the big fish, but that would be giving her too much credit no? You'd think someone as smart as GJP would realize if a girl was using him just for fame/fortune. Also, wasn't the whole reason GJP's mom allowed GJD to get into Shinhwa HS was because she wanted to create a better image for the company? Wouldn't the marriage of those two be positive PR, the whole romantic Cinderella spin on things?

If anything, having a happy ending for JP and JD is overdramatic and unrealistic in real life. If you look at the marriage patterns of 2nd and 3rd generation chaebols in Korea, you'll definitely notice that they marry each other. In other words, most large Korean corporations are connected to each other by marriage. You can't honestly believe that they've all married for love. I think that's why Yi Jung's line in ep 4 about how their parents have the final say in their marriage partners is the true reality among rich Korean folks.

Guest lilnahnah

The unfortunate thing about Korea (and I think in most East Asian countries) is that when people get married, the parents look at their child's prospective husband/wife's background more than the type of person they are.

While it may be changing to some degree, a person's background is considered to be one of the most important factor in considering marriage...especially in powerful/rich families. To them, in a lot of ways, marriage is more about making the family more prosperous or powerful.

^ Throughout this drama, i always look forward what F4 is wearing..~ esp. Lee Min Ho Joon Pyo. :blush: I anticipate how they'll coordinate and work with his nice torso, and long long legs. :rolleyes: He is the only other actor besides Kim Rae Won that i've fallen madly for because of their long, long legs. :lol: -- I enjoy looking at what the costume director will put on him because with his body, he can really pull anything off.~ That long coat he had on when he took Jan Di out to eat, that wouldn't have looked good on just anyone. Wait, i am forgetting my point here.. :mellow: Oh yeah! Ever since you posted up that photo maymay, i've been examining this coat of his.. it almost looks like there's a vest over it; there are two layers of button and the material is different from the actual coat.^^ Anyhow, i wonder who the costume designer is~~ i remember there was a clip of her talking about F4's fashion. The KBS World site doesn't have the information and i don't quite know the Korean writing for it. :sweatingbullets: Thanks for the photo updates maymay and huangsy!

*SIGH*

lilnahnah, lucky youuu! I won't be able to watch ep18 or ep19 until Tuesday night (since it would've aired in Korea already).. :tears: I need to get back to my papers.. <_<

*fighting*fighting*

PR for what?

What Jandi can do for Shinwa ?

She know nothing about business and has no manner.

Rich and powerful guys must have girlfriend and wife, but they are must be in the same level..or even better like JK.

Shinwa does not need the Cinderella here.

If anything, having a happy ending for JP and JD is overdramatic and unrealistic in real life. If you look at the marriage patterns of 2nd and 3rd generation chaebols in Korea, you'll definitely notice that they marry each other. In other words, most large Korean corporations are connected to each other by marriage. You can't honestly believe that they've all married for love. I think that's why Yi Jung's line in ep 4 about how their parents have the final say in their marriage partners is the true reality among rich Korean folks.

Yeah we agree.

PR for what?

Rich and powerful guys must have girlfriend and wife, but they are must be in the same level..or even better like JK.

I'm not arguing FOR it, i'm simply saying if it happened that would be the rational. Positive PR is useful even for large companies, and negative PR can inversely harm large companies as has been shown many times in the past with companies like McDonalds, Nike, and Microsoft. Whether or not Shinhwa could use some positive PR is debatable. With a large switchover of CEO/Chairman such as this may have a negative impact on stock as confidence will dip until the new boss has shown himself, especially in Korea where personal ties and experience play a huge role in confidence and credentials.

Guest tinyxtina

well haven't you noticed that JP's mom is someone that likes to have the advantage and likes to use people?

she had JP's sister marry to a man that owned hotels and in different countries and SHINHWA needed to progress. after their marriage... SHINHWA company had hotels and were more international inclined. so now... if she can get JP to marry JK, the SHINHWA company would have a say in oil and such b/c i believe JK and her family's company has something to do w/ oil?

someone correct me. i'm not sure if that's 100% right.

Guest shamien7

PR for what?

No offense about your post...and im aware of your point

but i think JD has a lot more manner than JK...i doubt if JK has any manner at all

If im JK parents..i wouldve lock her up because of her wild behaviour

JK really x look like a daughter of a high status family and she also doesnt seem to know about business too

Unlike Junhee...or Seohyun, for me...JK is only a spoiled rich girl but other than that, shes nothing

Guest Valentin

MissJeannie: When quoting posts with images, please remove the [ IMG ] tags. It is not permitted to quote posts with images here at Soompi, and I don't think any one of us wants this thread to be closed just because people were carelessly quoting posts with images.

blue_angel_1004: Wow, is that true? And I thought we were well into the 21st century already ...

well haven't you noticed that JP's mom is someone that likes to have the advantage and likes to use people?

she had JP's sister marry to a man that owned hotels and in different countries and SHINHWA needed to progress. after their marriage... SHINHWA company had hotels and were more international inclined. so now... if she can get JP to marry JK, the SHINHWA company would have a say in oil and such b/c i believe JK and her family's company has something to do w/ oil?

What is your point in quoting me? Not sure what you're trying to refute. My post is pointing out that even IF GJP+GJD happened, his mother could still use her and the relationship for Shinhwa's goals but his mom as smart as she seems doesn't seem to see that as an option and i'm wondering why not. Or why doesn't GJP or his sister point that out to her, a way to win the mom over so to speak maybe. Obviously GJP's mom is using the marriage to further Shinhwa's growth, his sister said it plainly.

Guest F4fan

More important than oil, JK's family has many investments in the U.S. Mama Kang wants to expand to the U.S. and needs JK Group's connections and money to do that. JD brings none of the social, wealth, and business connections that Mama Kang needs and that is the main reason why she opposes JD. Also, she probably thinks JD will hinder and embarrass JP rather than help him.

Guest eternitygoddess

Correct.

Dynastical marriages for the aristocracy/wealthy families are political alliances and/or business arrangements. Usually they result in a merger between two large corporations or some other kind of benefit for both parties.

JD would bring absolutely NOTHING in terms of those kind of benefits into a marriage with JP, so I can understand why Madame Kang is opposed to a JP-JD union.

A PR or whatever Cinderella-romance effect means absolutely nothing in the business world. I have yet to see an instance where marriage brings positive PR to a corporation, so I don't know where you got that idea from. Even if there is, no amount of good PR can compare to the benefits that a merger would bring.

Guest MissJeannie

to VALENTIN

whoops. my bad. i sincerely apologize. i didnt know that. and no, i wouldnt want this thread to be closed down. sorry!

Guest xiaomaii

Some photos are out but require KBS login to be able to see them, a few have leaked out.

Anyway, I retrieved them and updated at http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...18&st=16140

My last post.

Bye everyone !

Thumbnails below

i don't know if it's late

but i just want to say thank you for the effort you make to start a thread for a drama

though i've just known you thru BOF forum

I could say there's a lot people who tend not to understand simple forum rules

and just make their way to complain on the MODs

we can't please everyone

and that's the saddest thing about it..

I enjoy all the updated pictures you post

be it might be on BOF, GHS or KHJ's thread..

some people might already told you

but please, make a new account if you want

there's a majority of these people who appreciate what you've done

bear that in mind..

think about it!

hope you'll be okay..despite this might just be a forum

still i know it could have make a great impact on you!

thanks again.. :blush:

The sad truth... if one looks at the chaebol heirs and their patterns of relationships, it is usually to other chaebol families. Exceptions are when they marry celebrities!

Many marriages are formed to advance the businesses. Even normal non-chaebol couples in Asia, the parents have a lot of say in the life partners. You have to win the parents first or it doesn't matter how much you love each other, things will be difficult. (Just watch all the Asian dramas , not only Korean ones)

Just to keep on topic, remember what MamaKang said to JP before he visited JH's house. She was berating him for attempting to throw away the business for love.

Correct.

Dynastical marriages for the aristocracy/wealthy families are political alliances and/or business arrangements. Usually they result in a merger between two large corporations or some other kind of benefit for both parties.

JD would bring absolutely NOTHING in terms of those kind of benefits into a marriage with JP, so I can understand why Madame Kang is opposed to a JP-JD union.

A PR or whatever Cinderella-romance effect means absolutely nothing in the business world.

Are you saying that PR has absolutely no effect in the business world? If so, you don't know much about the business world.

Guest F4fan

Are you saying that PR has absolutely no effect in the business world? If so, you don't know much about the business world.

PR in marriage --- no effect in business unless of course its another chaebol heir marrying a chaebol heiress. I think JP marrying JD might have a negative to no impact. Average Koreans will like the story but in the business world -- totally different.

Edit: That's the appeal of the Cinderella story or BoF. A hero/heroine falls in love with a commoner and battles his/her parents to marry their love. Also, it rarely happens in the real world. If both were rich, it wouldn't be as great of a story.

Guest MissJeannie

if there's something i would say to the COMPANY of BOF

STOP the filming for a while and let the cast members rest.

gosh, they are not robots. they are human! i would want all of them to be healthy and happy.

KimBum has dark eye circles and thats the cause of lack of sleeping.

meetings, filmings.. etc etc. how are they gonna go on with their feelings?

JJH passed away, then now back to fliming. GOD. its so stressful, and damn tiring.

i can feel they are damn stressed and tired. does anyone agree on this?

should there be a strike on this and call them to stop the filming for a while and let them rest their minds?

or is it the busy filming make them forget all the negative thoughts?

Guest tinyxtina

What is your point in quoting me? Not sure what you're trying to refute. My post is pointing out that even IF GJP+GJD happened, his mother could still use her and the relationship for Shinhwa's goals but his mom as smart as she seems doesn't seem to see that as an option and i'm wondering why not. Or why doesn't GJP or his sister point that out to her, a way to win the mom over so to speak maybe. Obviously GJP's mom is using the marriage to further Shinhwa's growth, his sister said it plainly.

More important than oil, JK's family has many investments in the U.S. Mama Kang wants to expand to the U.S. and needs JK Group's connections and money to do that. JD brings none of the social, wealth, and business connections that Mama Kang needs and that is the main reason why she opposes JD. Also, she probably thinks JD will hinder and embarrass JP rather than help him.

Correct.

A PR or whatever Cinderella-romance effect means absolutely nothing in the business world. I have yet to see an instance where marriage brings positive PR to a corporation, so I don't know where you got that idea from. Even if there is, no amount of good PR can compare to the benefits that a merger would bring.

Joon. the reason of quoting you was b/c of your comment. you wanted to know WHY and for WHAT REASON JP's mother won't accept JD for who she is and for the possibility of good PR.

i probably didn't fully explain right on JP's mother's intentions... but i couldn't put it in better words like F4Fan & eternitygoddess.