Miss Universe 2008 Is Venezuela!

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest songssiissii

this is just my opinion.. but i think korea is pretty.. not as pretty as lee honey but still pretty.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoRgYnA

Video from Swimsuit Competition now Available

Video Part 1: http://media.thanhnien.com.vn/VIDEO/HHHVTrinhDienAoTamP1.wmv

Part 2:

http://media.thanhnien.com.vn/VIDEO/HHHVTrinhDienAoTamP2.wmv

To watch, copy the link to Window's Media Player. Click File, Open URL, paste the link, and enjoy!

Colombia! WOW! I'm sure she'll do well at the preliminaries.

India, great body, but she's not that pretty for me.

Venezuela, I thought she was too over the top. She was trying to be Amelia Vega, I don't know, I found her presentation unnatural.

USA, GREAT!

I can't believe Korea didn't make top 5 in this mini competition. Korea probably has one the best catwalk this year. I can't even believe she was shut out in the National Costume Competition and the Ao Dai Competition.

Guest Inverted

Am I the only one thinks Miss China is not pretty? She and Malaysia are the least pretty of Asia IMO. :unsure:

Some candids of Philippines and India

philippinesjc0.jpg

161055em4.jpg

IMAGE_037copy.jpg

MissUniverse-Thecharityshow020.jpg

Guest hotmonkey

Colombia! WOW! I'm sure she'll do well at the preliminaries.

India, great body, but she's not that pretty for me.

Venezuela, I thought she was too over the top. She was trying to be Amelia Vega, I don't know, I found her presentation unnatural.

USA, GREAT!

I can't believe Korea didn't make top 5 in this mini competition. Korea probably has one the best catwalk this year. I can't even believe she was shut out in the National Costume Competition and the Ao Dai Competition.

IMO Korea catwalk is way too crazy seriously ... it is not fierce any more but just an arrogant walk ... lol when i watched the national costume show ...she just have that air of arrogance with her walk ... it is not confidence anymore but just arrogant ....and i think that is why is she is not included in any of these competition

Guest Inverted

Korea is not arrogant. She's trying very hard to be western and "fierce" and it is not working.

Guest hotmonkey

^^ yeah i guess you're right ... korea tried too hard to be "fierce" and it comes across as arrogant to me :lol:

Guest loveyunho4ever

Hopefully these weren't posted yet.

In Nha Trang, Vietnam (My hometown :] )

my hometown too ..

i was about to go back to nhatrang this year to watch this ..

but unfortunately i cant make it :tears:

man i wish i could be there to watch it .. i believe in miss vietnam (thuy lam ) probarly will take the crow

she is just too good .. and really pretties

Guest _Jwes

IMO Korea catwalk is way too crazy seriously ... it is not fierce any more but just an arrogant walk ... lol when i watched the national costume show ...she just have that air of arrogance with her walk ... it is not confidence anymore but just arrogant ....and i think that is why is she is not included in any of these competition

how was that arrogant? her national costume thing was kick-butt with the sword and all. it was cool lol.

Guest GoRgYnA

well i've followed sun's journey eversince she was a contestant in miss korea so i got pretty used to her style and all. i didn't want her for miss universe though lol.

but the miss universe crew actually like her walk too, for this year's opening number for the preliminaries, she was chosen along with usa and colombia to be in front right in the middle. the choreographer asked all the girls to walk and put the best ones in the middle.... i think we'll have a good show this year.

my miss universe as of now is

uni08_1586-p.jpg

AUSTRALIA!

Guest hotmonkey

how was that arrogant? her national costume thing was kick-butt with the sword and all. it was cool lol.

lol i don't know it is the vibe i got from watching her lol ... can't really explain it ... IMO her national costume is not cool because the idea of a warrior woman has been use before so it is not unique anymore ... also ...korea never smile once in her national costume presentation ..... even Miss japan 2006 smiled in her presentation when she was a samurai warrior....

Guest GoRgYnA

Another Miss Universe Drama

Apparently, some girls are not happy with the attention Venezuela is getting.

News from Vietnam…. I heard this morning from people who works on site in Nha Trang that everyone got really upset last night about Miss Venezuela being in the first and official car to open the parade together with Miss Vietnam. The delegates were really mad with the Vietnamese Organizers making such an open choice like this. Everyone likes Miss Venezuela but this was perceived as unfair. Also it started from before the parade when Miss Venezuela was given a hat and nobody else received one, and also because her Ao Dai was the most unique one from all. The Miss Universe Org had nothing to do with this decision.

I heard that Miss Vietnam is not cherished by the locals in Nha Trang because the country is separated in 2 parts, North and South and that she is from the other part, the North…. but she is a sweetheart, such a pity that things like that happen in the world.

*NOT ENOUGH AO DAIS?: During the contestant parade in Nha Trang, it was really odd to see a handful of contestants (40, half of them) wearing spectacular Ao Dais, waving from beautiful floats, while the remaining 40 contestants were packed in convertibles and smaller floats wearing t-shirts and shorts. What happened here?

As much as spectacular as the parade could have been, singling out a group of contestants for the 'deluxe' part of it, is a lack of respect to the remaining delegates. We hope that the committee considers this 'faux pas'. All contestants deserve equal treatment, and not just 'the favorites'. Maybe there were not enough Ao Dais?

uni08_1779-p.jpg

VenezuelayVietnam.jpg

Hmm... I don't blame this on Miss Venezuela. It's not her fault she's well liked. But it's so sad how the other delegates got ugly floats though and a lot of them were only given matching coloured shirts while some of them had Ao Dai's made especially for them. And Venezuela's Ao Dai was "the best" and she was the only one given a special hat. But again, it's not her fault lol

Guest Inverted

Globalbeauties.com Top 20:

1. MEXICO

2. VENEZUELA

3. PANAMA

4. USA

5. NORWAY

6. S. AFRICA

7. AUSTRALIA

8. PTO. RICO

9. INDIA

10. BELGIUM

11. KOSOVO

12. COLOMBIA

13. ISRAEL

14. RUSSIA

15. ANGOLA

16. T&T

17. VIETNAM

18. THAILAND

19. CZECH REP.

20. IRELAND

Guest Ms.Tran

Another Miss Universe Drama

Apparently, some girls are not happy with the attention Venezuela is getting.

VenezuelayVietnam.jpg

Hmm... I don't blame this on Miss Venezuela. It's not her fault she's well liked. But it's so sad how the other delegates got ugly floats though and a lot of them were only given matching coloured shirts while some of them had Ao Dai's made especially for them. And Venezuela's Ao Dai was "the best" and she was the only one given a special hat. But again, it's not her fault lol

I agree, eventhough she won best Ao Dai, she shouldn't be single out like that, it's obviously going to make the other girls feel uncomfortable....they should stop with all these Ao Dai shiet, really!!! Too much!! I felt like they're using the girls for advertisement. Plus all the 'side' competition is really unneccessary. Save the surprises for the REAL show can't they!!!

With that said; I wonder what who are they going to get to sing at the competition.

I really hope they'll change the Host for this year, last year those two were beautiful, this year Jerry Springer?!!!

Guest hotmonkey

I'm sorry but that news or drama is BS!!!

for one wearing the hat is nothing special lol .... it means nothing in vietnamese when someone wear the hat or they don't lol also ... i don't see what is so unique about Venezuela's ao dai

also MIss vietnam Is from the SOUTH not north .... the only reason why she is not being cherished is because some people in vietnam believe that miss vietnam brought her title ... they don't believe she has the quality to represent vn @ miss universe lol ... because miss vietnam was not the tallest or the prettiest when she compete @ miss vietnam :lol:

Guest Ms.Tran

I'm sorry but that news or drama is BS!!!

for one wearing the hat is nothing special lol .... it means nothing in vietnamese when someone wear the hat or they don't lol also ... i don't see what is so unique about Venezuela's ao dai

The type of hat that Venezuala's wearing are popular among the Royal in the old days. It's more extravagant compare to Non-La or no head at all. You have to admit her dress make her looks like a Queen compare to Ms. Vietnam next to her in that simple long dress.

For the last time; Ms. VN is from the SOUTH!!!!!!!!!

Guest ziizlpmz

I agree, eventhough she won best Ao Dai, she shouldn't be single out like that, it's obviously going to make the other girls feel uncomfortable....they should stop with all these Ao Dai shiet, really!!! Too much!! I felt like they're using the girls for advertisement. Plus all the 'side' competition is really unneccessary. Save the surprises for the REAL show can't they!!!

With that said; I wonder what who are they going to get to sing at the competition.

I really hope they'll change the Host for this year, last year those two were beautiful, this year Jerry Springer?!!!

I agree too , it really not fair .

Guest votinhtieutu

Watch Miss Universe 2008 Live from Nha Trang, Vietnam on July 13, 2008 at 9 PM (New York Time)/ July 14 1 AM (Vietnam Time)

----

It isn't 1AM in Vietnam - It will be in 9AM July 14 in Vietnam time. Live on NBC.

Archived