[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

Guest avonmarissa

I'm looking forward to how the character of Muhyul's queen is portrayed. While some sources describe the queen as a wicked woman, a book I came across recently stated that she was an intelligent woman because she figured out that life in the palace and the bid for the position of crown prince was like a game: It had to be played carefully and strategically. That is why she framed Hodong, the son of Muhyul and his concubine, to enable her own son to ascend the throne. While some may look at her as scheming, the queen is said to have beat Hodong at his own game; that is Hodong's seduction and resulting death of the princess of Nangnang. I can't wait to see how Kim Jung Hwa plays this role; I am liking her already from the previews.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tateboe

I can't forget tateboe, avonmarissa and aquajoh1986... they also watch online and their streaming is way better than mine :D AJA fighting KOTW team... will miss dramaok's summaries until she comes back T__T

1 Tateboe does not speak Korean

2 Tateboe is in USA...also have Thanks giving. Don't go away..but like receptionist to guest coming by. Hope I can watch Wednesday live, but thurday is not sure about live viewing. As I am around, I will participate passively. It is still up in the air, how I need to drive or treat the guests.

He He Selva is the captain of the ship now. You have plenty of caps tell the story. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you tell a good story...I will send you Turkey roast and Pumkin Pie...traditional American Thanks Giving dish.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest meyyale

I don't like this girl..I guess she fits the queen role 'cause her look is evil..

23pre14vi0.th.jpg

But I prefer Yeon 'cause her look is more soft.I hope she'll play her role well..

I miss oppaaaaa..

220006ax6.jpg

70820699cl4.gif

source:SIG DC Gallery

Take careee..

Guest JIJI527

I think that Yeon is not a beautiful girl or specially a belle, she don't know anything about acting like a girl who was fallen in love, regarding my opinion Sosoenu in Jumong is much cuter and better actress. :blink:

I agree with you, Sosono was has a better acting and personality also.. loved her alot.. I like Yeon too, but not as much as Sosono..

you have a good point here that all of the ladies in those era were nice and soft... and Yeon is just like that... but I don't know why I'm not feeling Yeon so much... she's extremely soft and needs protection all the time... maybe that's why Muhyul loves her so much... she's so different from the life of agony and despair he lived before... sweet and kind woman is what he needs right now... but that's not enough for me... I feel that CJW is lacking something here...she has gone extreme in her portrayal of yeon... she made her super weak and *cough* LAME *cough* ... I don't know what happened to the old Yeon who slapped Muhyul because he dared to drag her in the market... I feel that she lost this side of her personality when her father died...

I don't hate Yeon, and I want her to be w/ Muhyul but just because I want Muhyul to be happy... sometimes I feel sorry for Yeon, but that's not because CJW is so good in acting, but because Muhyul is so devastated and yearning for her all the time...

i don't hate nor like yeon as well, i really don't care much for her....i just think that she's way too soft/too sweet for the character. actually, i don't dig what her character is supposed to be. is she really supposed to be this feminine, this lady-like? or is she meant to be have a strong personality considering she's a princess & a physician at that? to think she's a physician, she doesn't look like one, she doesn't look like she has the confidence/strength to be one. from how CJW is acting, yeon looks like she'll faint at the sight of blood. i just get the impression that her character is contradictory, either that or CJW isn't giving justice to her role. perhaps yeon's supposed to turn vulnerable after her father's death, but i think it's been a while since his death, she should have been able to get a grip of herself & get back that teeny hint of spunk in her (slapping muhyul & all, joining the mission & killing the shin envoy herself...).

I think I will be the only one here, but LeeJi from this brief scene in the preview left a great impression on me... the way she looks like and her strong voice is totally what I'm looking for right now...

from what i've read, seen & heard so far, she looks the part. we'll see if she gives justice to her role.

and ouch... some harsh comments about Yeon (or CJW !!) poor girl... if she ever came here and read our comments!!

Ya lots of harsh comments here for Yeon... But that's okay, we'll see in the next episodes if a lot of you will change your mind about her....

karosa,we shared same thoughts for Yeon

1.)I like her coz muhyul love him

2.)and i feel her worries for muhyul, the fact she wanted to visit muhyul even death on her side.

3.)this time this lady is very vocal about what she feel for muhyul unlike in jumong ladies are so quite

4.)i rate her acting 8/10 not bad, chemistry w/ SIG maybe need more intense on her part but i love her beauty to be muhyul ideal woman....

5.) if lee ji is evil i rather love Yeon forever than to have a queen who will betray my muhyul..being safe w/ yeon is way better.

I thought im the only one rooting for Yeon and Muhyul!!!! :lol: us again?!!!! :lol:

anyways this week is thxgiving for ppl living hte states. happy turkey day. me i was born in korea but i live in the states now and i'll be gone thursday to sunday this week too. will try to see wednesday's episode before my trip.

Ya right, its thanksgiving day... i also have a long weekend coz our client is american... now i know why you translate so good korean in english... we'll miss you for the next epis...

Take care everyone!!!

Just like ruishi, I also don't love or hate Yeon. She is indeed too weak as a physician but as a noble, she's suppose to act like that (at that time) so up until now I have nothing against her. I admitted she hasn't have chemistry with Muhyul and to be honest I don't like a very weak woman :P love the cheer up and though one :P although it is ok to be weak sometime.

Anyway... we'll see how KJH fit the role as Lee Ji.

Happy thanksgiving everyone ^^ don't forget to give us SIGers a big turkey to be share of ^^

Guest Aquajoh1986

lol kish my internet is crappy these days so I'll be missing lot of scenes when I'm watching online... I'll try to do my best :P and of course I can't forget tateboe, avonmarissa and aquajoh1986... they also watch online and their streaming is way better than mine :D AJA fighting KOTW team... will miss dramaok's summaries until she comes back T__T

Guest selvaspeedy

THANKS FOR THE SUBS.

I am liking her already from the previews.

me too... I think if she sees yeon she's gonna eat her alive :ph34r:

If you tell a good story...I will send you Turkey roast and Pumkin Pie...traditional American Thanks Giving dish.

lol a turkey, I love turkey... yummy yummy :D thanks.

the internet at my house is supposed to be high speed but whenever i try to watch the show live... it simply pauses on a particular scene and all I hear at times are the conversations. I am Jamaican.... so I only know English.... I hvae to figure out mostly based on the body language and the tone of voice to kind of figure what is going on in a particular scene. That why when I am at school, their network really rocks.

Ill try my best for Wed/Thurs..... but cant promise anything. i would have to rely on your pictures and hopefully an early torrent download to see what has happened.

lol so it will be just me who's watching live... sorry guys, you are going to put up w/ my crappy summary and my continual flirtation w/ my hubby Muhyul :P until dramaok comes back :w00t:

lol tough days are ahead of you :D ... but hopefully the caps can tell the story more than I can :P

to think she's a physician, she doesn't look like one, she doesn't look like she has the confidence/strength to be one. from how CJW is acting, yeon looks like she'll faint at the sight of blood.

lol yeah...as I said she has gone extreme in her acting to Yeon's character -___-

anyway, hopefully the streaming today is better T___T

happy thanksgiving everyone.

I like Yeon. She is soft and gentle mannered. Every bit a princess and much suitable for Muhyul. Unlike LeeJin, she really look sly and witchlike. I don't think she will come on strong in KOTW. Her looks turn me off much more than Yeojin's mother, the Queen.

Poor Muhyul......

Katherine

THANKS FOR THE SUBS.

me too... I think if she sees yeon she's gonna eat her alive :ph34r:

lol a turkey, I love turkey... yummy yummy :D thanks.

lol so it will be just me who's watching live... sorry guys, you are going to put up w/ my crappy summary and my continual flirtation w/ my hubby Muhyul :P until dramaok comes back :w00t:

lol tough days are ahead of you :D ... but hopefully the caps can tell the story more than I can :P

lol yeah...as I said she has gone extreme in her acting to Yeon's character -___-

anyway, hopefully the streaming today is better T___T

happy thanksgiving everyone.

Guest selvaspeedy

Episode 24 preview

(ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... Muhyul is announced as the crown prince and he met LeeJi... in the last scene he finally sees yeon) :crazy::tears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOUiTgNZPU#

now, about Episode 23:

before the episode starts, SIG was on TV... I think he was saying watch KOTW :D he's such a cutie pie :blush: and there's a new opening theme for the drama... it's really beautiful.

(nothing biggy happened today, but it was still a fun episode)

it was easy to guess what was going on and what they were talking about in this epiosde, thanks to dramaok's translation for the preview...

Muhyul and Dojin meet face to face... they both talk together... Muhyul asks Dojin to help him find Yeon, but Dojin tells him how and Muhyul although he is the prince couldn't protect her... Dojin started talking and he was getting emotional while Muhyul was listening to him w/out saying a word... I think Dojin told Muhyul to forget about Yeon and move one and then he left... after that at the palace, Maro and Muhyul were talking... I think he was feeling guilty about what happened to Yeon and that he couldn't protect her (BTW Maro is growing a moustache now :D and looks thinner).

later, Yuri went to Sangga and he told him that after what they have been through, it's time to settle thing down and affirm the relations between them...

after that, Muhyul, Goyo, Maro, Balso, Hye-ap and Goyo were talking... I think Muhyul told them that Dojin came and met w/ him last night... Goyo started scolding Maro because he agreed on such thing... I'm not sure what they were talking about, but Goyo was so reluctant to the whole thing and he suspects Dojin, but I think Muhyul and Maro were defending Dojin :crazy:

later at the meeting, with all the tribal chiefs and every body, I think Yuri announced that his son (whether Yeojin and Muhyul) who will be the crown prince shall marry a girl from Biryu clan... and of course everybody (including Muhyul, Yeojin and Dojin) were startled...

after that Balso went to Maro and Goyo and told them about the meeting... Goyo asked him whether the king finally announced Muhyul as the crown prince!!! but Balso told them that the one who will be the crown prince has to marry a woman from Byrui clan.

poor Muhyul thinking alone and he looks so much in pain :( Hye-ap went to him and told him that Maro told her about what happened in the meeting... she told him too forget about Yeon but he said he can't forget her.

later,the queen and Ansong were talking to Yeojin (yeon-hwa was there too) I think they were telling Yeojin to agree on what the king asked for and marry that girl from Biryu... but Yeojin wasn't even looking at them and he was peeking at Yeon-hwa :(

then Yuri summoned Muhyul and Yeojin to talk to them... don't know what he said, but I think he's talking about the marriage thing (I felt really sorry for both of them... they both are in love w/ girls they can't marry)... then when Yeojin was in his room, the queen came in w/ Ansong and they babbled again w/ him <_< poor Yeojin is so sad about what's happening but he didn't say anything to his mother.

later, Muhyul went to meet Mahwang... they talked (maybe about Yeon)... when he returned to his room, he started searching in his scrolls... at the same time, Beaguk and Dojin were talking and obviously they don't want Muhyul to be the crown prince...

when Yeon was walking in the market, that 4th assassin saw her, and of course he brought some men w/ him and took her back to Buyeo... Sagu went, w/ a big cheesy smile on his face, and told Daeso that they found Yeon... he mentioned Dojin name, so I don't know what was that about... anyway, Daeso then met Yeon... don't know what he was saying, maybe he regrets killing her father... maybe she told him that she want to be in KGR for the time being :huh: and he was amazed... (gahhh not sure about the conversation, sorry!!), but he mentioned Muhyul's name, maybe he doubts that she loves him or something.

and Muhyul is still in his room lookin in some scrolls, when he found a scroll that made him happy :P ... later, Muhyul went out of his room and he was smiling, he was holding a box in his hands... then he went, followed by hye-ap and Maro when they encountered the queen and her Yeojin... and some fiery looks were going on between both of them :phew: then they both entered to the king... Yuri was reading the scrolls they both brought... he looked at (ooppsss the streaming cut of at this moment :crazy: )... then I found the queen reading a scroll and then looked angrily at Yeojin... I think later, LeeJi showed up for the 1st time, but my streaming cut of again T__T

Sangga went to Yuri and briefly told him that Yeojin should be the crown prince... after that, Yuri asked to speak w/ Muhyul... I think he told him they should go out of the palace and speak alone, and they both left the palace on their horses... and they talked (I love their scenes together :wub: LUB IT) although I didn't know what they were saying but I was totally feeling them... anyway, maybe Yuri was telling Muhyul that he's in dilemma right now and that he doesn't know what to do... later, Muhyul went to the shrine... maybe he was wondering what he should do now :tears:

Yeojin went to the queen and talked w/ her... he mentioned Yeon-hwa name and snapped at her (way to go Yeojn ^_^ ) maybe he was saying that he won't listen to her anymore and then left... the queen was burning inside...

BTW, Yeon now is wearing the princess outfit again and was talking w/ Dojin and she still calls him brother :crazy: ...

at the and Maro informed Muhyul about something and he looked upset...

then all of gang rode their horses... they attacked a group of people (dunno who are they), then Saggu came together w/ Dojin and looked at them... Dojin took off his sword and he was willing to join the fight, then the episode ends.

Guest avonmarissa

Ah, what an episode. Too much buffering. My Korean is not good; I'm still learning so pardon me for any mistakes.

To start off, when Dojin gets to Koguryo, he and Muhyul have a talk. The conversations seems to center around Yeon because they mention her a lot. King Yuri sends his bodyguard to secretly summon Sangga in the middle of the night. Sangga and the King talk and I think Sangga thanks the King- for what I don't know but I presume it must be about coming to his aid when Baegeuk tried to 'usurp' him.

Hye-ap is told about Dojin's status as a former Hukyong but Muhul and Maro vouch for him as a friend and state he's now a Koguryo person. Maro seems to have doubts about Dojin but Muhyul tells him that they should believe in Dojin.

The King summons his ministers, the two princes, and the princess to court and tells them that a crown prince will be appointed soon and that the crown prince will take a Biryu girl as "taeja-bi"- crown princess/crown prince consort.

Afterwards, Muhyul ponders over the words the King just spoke, and Hye-ap seems to tell him to accept his separation with Yeon as their fate/destiny.

Yeojin meets his mother and Anseong who has already started addressing Yeojin as "taeja-nim"- crown prince. Anseong says Muhyul will never become crown prince while Lady Miyu advises Yeojin to now be cautious/careful.

The Council meets and Sangga tells his man to start preparing the lady who will become the crown prince.

The King appears to have given a task of sorts to the two princes; I'm not so sure about this(too much buffering)

The task involves the citizens, more than likely the common folk of Koguryo.

BUFFERING AGAIN!!!

Yeon is followed by Sagu's spy who brings her to meet Daeso; they talk about her dead father.

Guest tateboe

My stream was unexpectly bad bad the first 45 minutes. The video stop and quit many times. Buffering is the best I can get. Last 15-20 minutes was fine, biz as usual.

Selva has very comprehansive story and I do not have to add.

Regarding epi 24 preview...Dramaok, you are right. King Deso send back Yeon to Muhyul

I will not be watching epi 24 live tomorrow. Driving to pick up food, as we do not cook most of them.

But I will read when come back

---------------------------------

Dramaok, you still here

Please translate b4 you go away

Epi 24 preview

(But epi 23 is first please) :blush:

도진은 대소왕에게 고구려 전복 계획을 고하고, 대소왕은 이를 윤허한다. 신나라와 부여 연합군에게 크게 당한 무휼 일행은 깊은 상처를 입고 사경을 헤매는 마로의 목숨을 구하기 위해 급히 졸본성으로 향한다. 무휼은 자신으로 인해 아끼는 사람들이 불행해진다는 생각에 두려움을 느낀다.

한편, 고구려 국내성에서는 여진왕자가 자결을 시도한다. 유리왕은 또다시 자기가 아비 노릇을 제대로 못해서 자식들이 하나같이 불행을 겪는다며 괴로워한다. 세류공주는 그런 아버지를 따뜻하게 위로한다. 아까스로 의식을 되찾은 여진은 유리왕과 독대하며 본마음을 드러낸다. 유리왕 또한 아비의 정으로 여진을 감싸 안는다. 마음의 결정을 내린 유리왕은 편전회의를 소집한다. 신료와 왕실 구성원이 모두 모인 자리에서 유리왕은 마침내 무휼을 태자로 결정한다. 상가는 발 빠르게 움직인다. 가문이 빈한하고 외척이라곤 없는 비류부의 여인 중 눈에 유독 띄는 이지를 태자비로 결정한다.

사랑 없는 결혼을 해야 할 처지의 무휼은 연이를 잊지 못해 괴로워 미칠 지경이 된다. 그리고 마침내 태자 책봉식의 날이 밝는다. 이 날에 맞춘 도진과 배극의 반란 계획이 차근차근 진행되고 있는 가운데, 부여에서도 사절단이 도착한다. 사절단을 마중하던 무휼은 부여의 사절로 도착한 연이와 마주하고 크게 놀라는데...

Google translation :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: Here kite is Yeon

A plan to overthrow the king of Goguryeo in the case dojin gohago, yunheo it will be king size. Sinnara and to grant the coalition forces was wearing a deep muhyul party will be dead in a hurry to save the life of my travels jolbonseongeuro Head maro. Because of his favorite muhyul think people will be unhappy to feel fear.

The Prince of Goguryeo in seongeseoneun aftershocks will try to self-determination. Once again he is the father yuriwang children can not properly act as a kind of bad luck, saying goerowohanda suffering. Back to the princess that my father is a warm trickle. I regained consciousness as he and aftershocks bonmaeumeul meetings and to reveal the yuriwang. In addition, the father of the cover anneunda jeongeuro yuriwang aftershocks. I made the decision to convene a meeting of yuriwang the pyeonjeon. And all members of the royal family gathered sinryo seat to taeja in the yuriwang muhyul finally said. Shopping is moving quickly. Part binhan family and the woman biryu oecheok not only page of the eye-catching taeja non-toxic to be determined.

To marriage without love together, do not forget the muhyul suffer the kite will be mad. And finally, the day balneunda taeja chaekbong expression. This day, going step by step plan tailored dojin and baegeukui of rebellion, will be granted the arrival of the delegation. The envoys were to meet your mission granted to the muhyul arrived to face the kite and was surprised ...

Guest selvaspeedy

Maro seems to have doubts about Dojin but Muhyul tells him that they should believe in Dojin.

lol Muhyul is an @$$ :crazy::crazy::crazy:

My stream was unexpectly bad bad the first 45 minutes. The video stop and quit many times.

ehem lol I don't know why I'm smiling right now while I'm reading your post :P

from the new opening theme

f_op303m_2ec99eb.jpg

f_op305m_7dd530d.jpg

f_op307m_967ce1a.jpg

f_op309m_e2bd88f.jpg

f_op311m_4e81a1a.jpg

sr: gall DCinside KOTW gallery

dear avonmarissa I'm waiting for more details :blush:

Guest avonmarissa

PART 2, lol.

Anseong seems to have discovered that Yeojin loves his maid so she is dragged and brought before Lady Miyu; I think she might have been killed- I'm not sure but I think I heard the word "kill"

Sangga tells Yuri to make Yeojin crown prince and afterwards, Yuri summons Muhyul and the two of them take a trip outside the palace. They ride to a lake/river - I think it is the Amnok river. They talk and Yuri tells Muhyul he is going to proclaim Yeojin as crown prince. Muhyul is calm about it and even calms the king's heart although the king is visible disturbed about the whole matter.

Yeojin approaches his mom and they have the most heated conversation I have ever seen between those two.

Muhyul meets with his crew and tells them that Yeojin will become crown prince which the crew does not particularly like. I assume Muhyul was given a task outside the Gungnae Fortress- I think I heard Jolbon. He prepares to leave with his crew who are in their normal clothes, not their uniforms, but before he leaves, he is told about the Shin envoy heading for Buyeo.

Muhyul and the crew head out of the palace while at the same time, Dojin and Sagu ride from Buyeo to meet the Shin envoy. Muhyul attacks the Shin envoy and more buffering.

Next thing I know, the episode ends. \Preview- Muhyul is proclaimed crown prince and Sagu heads a delegation to Koguryo. Sagu has brought along a little present with him . . . YEON!!!

End of episode- Once again, forgive me for any mistakes, my Korean is not too good- jwesonghahmnida.

Guest selvaspeedy

Yuri tells Muhyul he is going to proclaim Yeojin as crown prince. Muhyul is calm about it and even calms the king's heart although the king is visible disturbed about the whole matter.

poor Muhyul... but obviously he doesn't want to be the crown prince and marry someone he doesn't love.

Muhyul and the crew head out of the palace while at the same time, Dojin and Sagu ride from Buyeo to meet the Shin envoy. Muhyul attacks the Shin envoy and more buffering.

lol I'm confused... the shin envoy is heading from KGR to Buyeo or vice versa lol...

and Dojin went w/ Sagu to welcome the envoy :blink: lol wow :blink:

Sagu has brought along a little present with him . . . YEON!!!

:crazy::crazy: why would Daeso send Yeon to Muhyul :crazy::crazy:

gahhh I can't wait for tomorrows episode :blush:

thanks a bunch avonmarissa and tateboe for everything... gotta go now...

see you later

Guest avonmarissa

Selva, I think the Shin envoy was heading from his country to Buyo because if you remember, in the last episode, the Shin nation reneged on their promise to join Koguryo for the war. They formed an alliance with Buyo. I hope I'm right, lol. Things will become clearer when I see the episode again.

Archived