[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

AHHH! i'm looking forward to this drama!!!

hope WITHS2 subs it too, like with JUMONG. > <

i was very addicted to that drama, and i might even like this one too!!

plus, i love SIG's acting it's way amazing, &he is very handsome.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest karosa

Thanks for the pics meyyale... i like how they make SIG look so young.... for him to look at his 20's(am i right?), it's believable!!!

Guest missy_jiee

i definitely can't wait to watch this drama. i loved jumong so i pretty sure i'll love this drama too.

plus, choi jung won is in here. i lover her. she's gorgeous.

can't wait for it to air. ^^

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Soompi

Song Il Kook, Jung Jin Young, Park Kun Hyung, and Choi Jung Won lead the KBS2 drama "Land of the Wind (바람의 나라)"

by: CindyW88

on: August 17, 2008 12:24pm

tv/film news

8/17/08 - Song Il Kook, Jung Jin Young, Park Kun Hyung, and Choi Jung Won (송일국, 정진영, 박건형, 최정원) will lead the Wednesday-Thursday historical drama "Land of the Wind (바람의 나라)" scheduled to be aired by KBS2 on 9/10.

200808041446231113_1.jpg

This drama is produced by the production team of the KBS2 drama "Emperor of the Sea (해신, 2004)". The drama is adapted from Kim Jin (김진)'s comic books bearing the same title. It is filled with scenes of large-scale powerful warfare. It is the biography of Kogooryu King Moo Hyool (무휼, 無恤) and at the same time features other male characters played by Park Kun Hyung and Jung Jin Young.

Song Il Kook plays Moo Hyool who is a powerful King laying the foundation for the splendid Kingdom of Kogooryu. Moo Hyool is the third grandsons of Joo Mong. In 2006~2007, Song Il Kook played the role Joo Mong in the MBC drama "Joo Mong" attracting so many viewers' attentions.

Actor Jung Jin Young plays Moo Hyool's father King Yoo Ri (유리왕, 琉璃王) who is wise but is a monomania with cold-hearted personality. Being a King and a father at the same time brings him lots of agony. This is a tragic figure who exchanges a father's love for his political power. JJY has not appeared in TV drama for 14 years.

Actor Park Kun Hyung plays a downfall Prince Do Jin (도진). Although Moo Hyool and Do Jin have friendship, their status difference resulted from their births in the royal family make them have continuous bloody fights. Moreover, their falling in love with the same woman - Princess Yun (연, played by Choi Jung Won) expands their competition. Princess Yun is a bold woman specializing in medicine and she overcomes adversity to achieve her ambition.

Comedian Kim Won Hyo (김원효) plays the role Gong Chan (공찬) who is the assistant to the best slaver Ma Hwang (마황) played by Kim Sang Ho (김상호). The filming team has spent about 45 days in China to shoot this drama, and now it returns to Korea to embark a full-scale filming. Choi Jung Won has been consulting with medical experts in order to prepare for this drama. Her last drama was "The Infamous Chil Princesses (KBS2, 2006)".

Jung Jin Young

200808071625451111_2.jpg

Park Kun Hyung

200808071625451111_3.jpg

Choi Jung Won

200808040912091117_1.jpg

Kim Won Hyo

200808131036451111_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...808071625451111

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...808040912091117

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...808041446231113

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...808051648061118

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...808071625451111

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...808131036451111

Guest karosa

CJW is so gorgeous in that pic kdramafanusa! Im happy that SIG always get a beautiful leading lady!!! I hope she performs well in this drama...

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 08-19-2008 16:42

TV Dramas Gear Up for Post-Olympics Race

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

080819_p14_tv.jpg

The poster of MBC drama "East of Eden.'' The drama made headlines with its star-studded cast including Song Seung-heon and Yeon Jung-hoon. / Courtesy of MBC

The Beijing Olympic Games will end Sunday, so what is worth seeing after the Olympic flame goes out? For TV fans, major networks are gearing up for a competition with their most anticipated dramas.

MBC will start the race off with "East of Eden'' Monday. The drama has made headlines with its star-studded cast even before shooting, with big names like Song Seung-heon, Yeon Jung-hoon, Lee Da-hae and Han Ji-Hye and veteran actors Yoo Dong-kun and Lee Mi-sook.

The drama is the first for Song and Yeon since they got out of the Army.

The 50-part series cost 25 billion won and tells of the brothers Dong-chul (Song) and Dong-wook (Yeon). Their fates diverge after the murder of their coal miner father, with one joining the mob and the other becoming a successful lawyer.

Next is "Beethoven Virus,'' a treat for classical music lovers. The drama depicts the world of musicians, from a charismatic conductor to a stubborn trumpet player and a pretty violinist. The first drama to feature an orchestra, "Beethoven Virus'' will be a treat for the eyes and ears.

Starring actors Kim Myung-min, E Ji-ah and Jang Keun-suk, the drama will start Sept. 10.

SBS next month will offer "Garden of the Wind (working title),'' with popular actress Moon Geun-young to play Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910) artist Shin Yoon-bok. Based on the novel of the same name, the drama will take viewers on a mysterious journey with Shin and fellow artist Kim Hong-do, played by Park Shin-yang. Shin is an ill-fated girl who must live as a man to find how her father died.

080819_p14_tv1.jpg

History tells little of the famed artist Shin, unlike counterpart Kim who worked in the royal gallery and left many famous works. This makes Shin's story more intriguing, as writers and producers of the drama searched for even the smallest details and documents about the mysterious artist.

Also coming next month from SBS is "Tazza,'' starring Jang Hyuk, Kim Min-jun and Han Ye-seul. Based on the successful movie of the same title, the drama will focus on the competition between two ambitious gamblers.

Before SBS announced the cast, a small incident occurred between actresses Sung Hyun-ah and Kang Sung-yeon, both of whom thought they would play the seductive yet charming Madame Jeong. To Sung's disappointment, Kang got the part.

080819_p14_tv2.jpg

KBS will premiere Sept. 10 the historical drama "The Land of the Wind,'' featuring Song Il-kook's return to TV as King Daemushin of the Goguryeo Kingdom (37 B.C.-A.D. 668). The cast and production team recently returned from China after spending more than 40 days filming battle scenes.

The drama is also based on the popular historical cartoon by Kim Jin. ''Land of the Wind'' will also be Song's third historical drama, following "Jumong ― Prince of Legend (2006)'' and "Haeshin ― Emperor of the Sea (2004).

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

CJW is so gorgeous in that pic kdramafanusa! Im happy that SIG always get a beautiful leading lady!!! I hope she performs well in this drama...

SIG will definitely have a way to make her match hahaha :tongue2: :sweatingbullets: more intersting PKH looks good too.

Source: The Korea Times 08-19-2008 16:42

TV Dramas Gear Up for Post-Olympics Race

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

The poster of MBC drama "East of Eden.'' The drama made headlines with its star-studded cast including Song Seung-heon and Yeon Jung-hoon. / Courtesy of MBC

The Beijing Olympic Games will end Sunday, so what is worth seeing after the Olympic flame goes out? For TV fans, major networks are gearing up for a competition with their most anticipated dramas.

MBC will start the race off with "East of Eden'' Monday. The drama has made headlines with its star-studded cast even before shooting, with big names like Song Seung-heon, Yeon Jung-hoon, Lee Da-hae and Han Ji-Hye and veteran actors Yoo Dong-kun and Lee Mi-sook.

The drama is the first for Song and Yeon since they got out of the Army.

Woahhh…….. so many dramas lined-up to be aired…………… :P:D

Guest huangsy

Official site is up !

1st ep is on 10th Sept but dont miss the telecast on 4th Sept 9:55 pm (Seoul time) about the making of drama.

Guest meyyale

Here is our new couple!!What do you think??

83815581jr8.jpg

32721122jn5.jpg

source: DC inside Songgall

EDİT:I guess this was from the press conferance..

s20080821001fx6.jpg

83815581jr8.jpg

The new couple! XD so nice!!!! i can't wait until it air!

i haten't seen the actress's acting...but i'll look forward to it! > <

that's for sharing the photo! she looks very pretty! ^_^

Guest Happy_Day

97154817qh4.jpg

83815581jr8.jpg

Oh.. my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I know I'm not supposed to quote pics, but I needed to for this!!!!!!

SIG in that first pic reminds me so much of his evil character in HaeShin!!! He kind of looks like a pirate/bandit in black.. SO SMEXY~~~~~

And the second pic.. Don't they look stunning together, it's just how I imagined. She looks absolutely heavenly, and he's all brooding smexy....... :blush:

Archived