[drama 2008] The Lawyers Of The Great Republic Korea 대한민국 변&#5484

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hjkomo

christina, thanks for the clarification on the alimony.

wasn't BH claiming ownership of the apartment earlier? and the paper that BH showed YK was the amended deed, right? though the flat belongs to both of them, i had the impression that BH had more "ownership" than YK..that's why it looked like he did YK a favor by amending the deed because he still loves her..? :mellow:

YK seemed to have accepted it coz she even agreed to sleep in the library...or did i misunderstand?

Yes, I believe that the deed was in BH's name originally, so he was claiming ownership. But since YK paid it off after he disappeared to America, she's claiming it's hers. And she went to the bank, unsuccessfully, to try to get a loan for 30 million in order to buy BH out of his share of the apartment.

Later, BH amended the deed to include YK's name, and he tells her that they now have joint ownership.

But did YK accept MG's proposal to represent him?

Yes, she told the reporters to direct all questions in the future to her, MG's lawyer.

Yeah, it's confusing! I didn't know that they divorced already! I thought they were only about to divorce..

Is Starplex Cinema a cinema per se or is it also AR's agency owned by MG? What are her grounds for suing Starplex Cinema?

Ep. 1 begins the day after MG and AR's divorce. That's why the (stalking) reporter is surprised that AR goes to see a lawyer after her divorce is already finalized. And that's why MG is so smug when he meets AR in the hotel that they had their wedding at. He even offers her a ride home, and she tells him next time...to which he smugly replies that there isn't going to be a next time. (and boy, is he wrong! :crazy:)

AR wants to hit MG where it hurts ---> money.

But she tells BH that she doesn't really care about the money...all she really wants is the Starplex Cinema. I'm not sure exactly what Starplex Cinema is - just a theatre or more? ...or it's significance to AR... :unsure:

Guest ripgal

I watched the 1st episode.. and it left me with mixed feelings. I'm not sure why, but I thought the drama started off in a very unconventional and non-typical Korean drama way... the relationships between the 4 characters were drawn out in a very different way compared to typical korean dramas, and some of the dialogues used seemed very vague and ambiguous, that I didn't know what to make out of them. Maybe I need to watch Ep 2 to get a better understanding...

As for the characters, YK's the only one who's bothering me. I'm not into her loud and boisterous character, and sometimes I find her annoying when she screams with her eyes wide open. Again, I'm not sure whether it's Lee Soo Kyung's problem or whether it's how her character's written.. anyway, she's not a fav at the moment. Other than that, I'm perfectly alright with the other characters... esp Lee Sung Jae playing MG, he's really funny.. again, in a non-typical korean drama funny way, if you get what I mean.. even his name sounds funny, Han Min Guk! :lol:

Guest debratan

I have a question on the drama title ..

Lee Sung Jae's character is named Han (Korea/Korean?) Min Gook (Republic?)

Could it refer to Woo Lee Kyung, the lawyer of the great Han Min Gook?

That would meant that the main role of the drama is Woo Lee Kyung?

Just curious :P

Guest meiman

I have watched the 1~2st episode with chinese sub.I try to translate the story in english.

epesode 1:

6th,2002 during the Football World Cup in korean, BH was working with other colleagues.He released YK from work by letting her to copy some files.YK left office to go to the Han Min Gook and Lee Ae Ri 's Wedding party.

Han Min Gook had a headache then in hotel room when YK broke into the room.He asked for a cup of water,YK gave him two pieces of plaster and told him that she was a friend of bride.she wished the two always happy.

2008,YK already became a lawyer 6 months ago,but she hadnt won one case yet.and all her cases were fee free to the trustors.

BH come to the apartment wherehe and YK cohabitated in six years ago .He just came from usa.BH is quite glad knowing YK still live in.

When BH met YK in the street,he almost didn't recognize her."let's live together.""I love you."he said to YK and got two slaps.

Lee Ae Ri went to the most major law firm in southkorea.She told the manager that she want the best lawyer to do divorce proceedings.Han Min Gook was going to do business by helicopter when he heard Lee Ae Ri went to law

firm.He commanded the helicopter to turn back.

Han Min Gook and Lee Ae Ri met at the hotel bar.Lee Ae Ri asked ex-husband:"Do you regret on our marrige and divorce?“HMG said no ,LAR said i am not either.

Guest Zealousy

Hello Soompi!

I am Zealousy from d-addicts and I too, like others in this thread want to see english subtitles made. Anyways, I am willing to time and edit for this drama if anyone wants to Translate, either, Korean > English or Chinese > English. I'd really appreciate if someone were to translate and I'll release them at d-addicts and post them here as well.

Any takers? ;o You can PM me at d-addicts under this name or e-mail me at Zealooousy@gmail.com

:D

Guest anachronista

I have a question on the drama title ..

Could it refer to Woo Lee Kyung, the lawyer of the great Han Min Gook?

That would meant that the main role of the drama is Woo Lee Kyung?

Hi, DT!

Now that I've seen the first two episodes, I think that's what they have in mind.

I feel the same way you do about the leads, ripgal. I wasn't familiar with Lee Soo Kyung, but I guess she has a reputation as a comedienne. I have to get used to her. It was pretty funny, though, watching her inner struggle over the choice between her friendship with Ae Ri and the pile of money Han Min Gook offered her...

Sure hope you can build a subbing team for this drama, Zealousy! :D

Episode 2 is a little better.

Guest piano_lady

thanks so much for the clarification, hjkomo and meiman, thanks for the summary of ep01! you did well!

"let's live together.""I love you."he said to YK and got two slaps.

BH definitely deserved the slaps!

I just hope he offered some credible reason for his sudden departure!

Lee Ae Ri went to the most major law firm in southkorea.She told the manager that she want the best lawyer to do divorce proceedings.
So the manager recommended BH? woah...Lucky, BH!

Hello Soompi!

I am Zealousy from d-addicts and I too, like others in this thread want to see english subtitles made. Anyways, I am willing to time and edit for this drama if anyone wants to Translate, either, Korean > English or Chinese > English. I'd really appreciate if someone were to translate and I'll release them at d-addicts and post them here as well.

Any takers? ;o You can PM me at d-addicts under this name or e-mail me at Zealooousy@gmail.com

:D

Hi Zealousy! Welcome to soompi!

Thank you for your visit and for your proposal! Some of us here are actually willing to help should no subbing group takes the job :(

For now, we are in urgent need of translators as you mentioned (K->E or C->E) so if there's any news on this, please let us know :)

debratan and anachronista, I had the same opinion on the title..

But the S in "Lawyers" made me rethink. Hmm..I guess it's the usual play of words ;P

Guest nadtn

I have to agree with ripgal about YK, at least after the first 2 episodes, I don't find her that endearing yet. Her overdramatic facial expressions and the crazy hair are a little too much for me. Maybe it's because I don't understand what she's saying too, so she seems especially over the top. But regardless, I can't wait to watch more of this show because of our dear RSY.

Zealousy - there are many of us who would love to see this show subbed in English, thanks for offering to help!!

Guest debratan

Ae Ri is beginning to look just a little bit evil and calculating, what with how she treated her mom.... much like some of HEJ's earlier roles.

oh .. I am late for my posting .. there are so many posts coming in and sorry if I am going to repeat on certain topics.

Deb V,

I choose yours :PB) bacause I want to "speak out" for Ae Ri,

Certain points I have to bring out concerning her,

based on the chinese subs, (and based loosely on my own interpretation)

She having married to a man for six years, he have countless affairs during their marriage, he also can't remember the place where they have hosted their wedding.

Of course, it is understandable why she is so pi**ed off with him.

As for her mother-in-law, I suppose she didn't give Ae Ri a good time either, the script mentioned that the MIL is not someone that is easy to handle (even man fear her), Ae Ri (to herself) that she is just "repaying" the MIL (the part where she messed up her hair), and in the lift, MIL told HMK that he suffered because he didn't listens to her when she disapproved Ae Ri (of marrying her son). So, I concluded that the MIL have been treating her unfairly previously.

20983_19263_2957.jpg

During the first meeting with BH, Ae Ri jokingly said that all she want is the proud HMK to ask her for mercy.

She also have asked HMK whether he regrets of doing it.

HMK asked .. regrets of what?. Ae Ri said the marriage and the divorce. HMK said he have no regrets on both. Ae Ri then said neither have she. I thought she still hopes that HMK will want to save their relationship at that point of time.

$$ .. She didn't asked for that much initially. BH suggested it.

On that part between her and YK. During her trip to the law firm, YK rings her, Ae Ri didn't pick up the call. She also mentioned that this (alimony) concern her future. supposed that's why she didn't choose YK as her lawyer.

I have to agree with ripgal about YK, at least after the first 2 episodes, I don't find her that endearing yet. Her overdramatic facial expressions and the crazy hair are a little too much for me. Maybe it's because I don't understand what she's saying too, so she seems especially over the top. But regardless, I can't wait to watch more of this show because of our dear RSY.

Zealousy - there are many of us who would love to see this show subbed in English, thanks for offering to help!!

Why she have to perm her hair (on the day) when BH is back? :crazy: Her straight hair looks good!! But at least, BH thinks that she is pretty as ever. (so sweet :wub: )

Guest debratan

christina, thanks for the clarification on the alimony.

Yes, I believe that the deed was in BH's name originally, so he was claiming ownership. But since YK paid it off after he disappeared to America, she's claiming it's hers. And she went to the bank, unsuccessfully, to try to get a loan for 30 million in order to buy BH out of his share of the apartment.

Later, BH amended the deed to include YK's name, and he tells her that they now have joint ownership.

AR wants to hit MG where it hurts ---> money.

But she tells BH that she doesn't really care about the money...all she really wants is the Starplex Cinema. I'm not sure exactly what Starplex Cinema is - just a theatre or more? ...or it's significance to AR... :unsure:

Add on .. they forked out 30m each intially, balance loan taken under BH's name, So, offically the name is under BH, but she have been paying for the loan and thus thinks that she owns the house. BH agreed? on that, and add her to the ownership. But she want the full ownership, (don't want BH to move in) and tried in vain to raise 30m to pay BH back.

I thinks it's significance to AR. She mentioned it's special. And ya, she don't care much about the money, but she also knows that money is the only thing that HMK bothers. That should hit him most by taking him $$.

YK helps HMK mainly because HMK is not as mean as he seen to be.

He did mentioned to YK before, why is every body thinks that he is the bad guy? (in the divorce)

YK sees the other side of him, his concern for his assistant, and he bailed her out.

Ae Ri not getting her as her lawyer, wanted to show BH that she is no longer the old YK, and of course, the money she need (to pay BH) also play a part.

But mainly because she sees HMK being wrongly accused.

Guest piano_lady

is there any group going to sub this drama??

i luv Ryu Soo Young^^

hi salz! sorry, no news yet on the English subs...

you like RSY too? please join us in his thread (check out my siggy ;) )

are you from a german-speaking country, btw? :D

oh .. I am late for my posting .. there are so many posts coming in and sorry if I am going to repeat on certain topics.

Deb V,

I choose yours :PB) bacause I want to "speak out" for Ae Ri,

wow, DT! thanks for speaking out on behalf of Ae Ri!

at least, we English-speakers now know why AR has been acting like that!

true, there's always two sides to a coin!

I thinks it's significance to AR. She mentioned it's special. And ya, she don't care much about the money, but she also knows that money is the only thing that HMK bothers. That should hit him most by taking him $.

I guess Starplex Cinema must be where she had the premiere of her first movie?

At least, her beautiful poster was up on the wall together with other important actors ...

snapshot_j_20080709_0134.jpg

YK helps HMK mainly because HMK is not as mean as he seen to be.

He did mentioned to YK before, why is every body thinks that he is the bad guy? (in the divorce)

YK sees the other side of him, his concern for his assistant, and he bailed her out.

Ae Ri not getting her as her lawyer, wanted to show BH that she is no longer the old YK, and of course, the money she need (to pay BH) also play a part.

But mainly because she sees HMK being wrongly accused.

Ah...ok...so YK saw the other side of MG too...

Now we are understanding each of the main characters more :)

I'm really glad coz everyone here is so helpful and considerate ;)

Btw, here's a BTS photo of LSK while having her crazy hair done :lol::D

Clipboard03-5.jpg

Hmm...I'm still puzzled about what happened to the YK-BH couple...

Why did BH go to the US without even saying goodbye to YK?

Guest kanshu

I still have to start watching this, since my downloads werwe all messed up... but it looks like it's going to be an interesting, character driven show so far.

Guest anachronista

She having married to a man for six years, he have countless affairs during their marriage, he also can't remember the place where they have hosted their wedding.

As for her mother-in-law, I suppose she didn't give Ae Ri a good time either, the script mentioned that the MIL is not someone that is easy to handle (even man fear her)

Ohhhh. :mellow: See, I completely missed those points. :blush: I thought that was Ae Ri's mother rather than her MIL.

I was puzzled by the short curly hair too. I understood that was an ajumma thing.

Guest piano_lady

I was puzzled by the short curly hair too. I understood that was an ajumma thing.

yeah...i'm puzzled too... :unsure:

why did she perm her hair? what for?

to drive away BH? <_<

but i don't think so... :blink:

anyway, some fanart from dcinside :lol::lol:

cbeadf89.jpg

Archived