[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

Alot of you mentioned how Tae really works alot, idk but that just makes me feel kinda sorry for him- sure he's a hot beast, he seems really sweet... but all of a sudden i see his image as this manufactured mask sitting on top of the real tae yang :tears:

I don't wanna sound like a freak but... i just started thinking about how much some performers work, and what they are forced to give up. I guess it's all because i saw "Britney for the record" haha

Yeah I notice that a lot. Tae Yang on stage and Young Bae in real life. xD He IS really sweet and that's the TRUE him and that's a part of why I love him. I like how he doesn't keep his 'badass' image everywhere he goes. Even in interviews he says he doesn't want a 'mask' following him everywhere, he'd rather be honest with his fans and keep his privacy and self respect that way. So I think what he wants is for us to realize that he's as human just like everyone else and that he's not going to hide anything for his 'image' on stage. He'll perform for us the way we want and speak to us the way he genuinely wants. Ummmmmmmm, my point is that he lets us KNOW the contrast between his stage image and what he really is and that's what's so charrrrminnggg about him.

EDIT: OMFG AND THE BEST PART IS WHERE he just IS HIMSELF on stage. Minus the choreo and hardcore manaction, he's best when he smiles that innocent smile at random smiles and just talks to usssssdfjlsf GO BUY HIS CONCERT DVD GUYS *ADVERTISES*.

anyone else other than me sort of disappointed that they didn't include taeyang's ma girl performance

in the global warning concert dvd . to refresh your mind, this is the performance where he is half naked and goes on top of the backdancer on a bed.

OH HECK YEAH! I WAS HECKA DISAPPOINTED! I WAS WAITING FOR THAT DURING THE MAKING BUT NO -__________-

they don't include that perf. WHY! It woulda been awesome! AND I woulda been SATISFIED; too bad there

hasn't been a fancam of the WHOLE perf! -__________________- i was disappointed!;

LMAO DID YOU GUYS READ THIS?:

Big Bang concerts need health hazard warnings

It’s been reported that it was the heat emanating from sweaty teen girls going crazy that caused fainting spells during Big Bang’s concert on the 30th. Whether it really was the body heat of 13,000 or the sight of Taeyang’s shirtless torso that caused 30 fans to be carried out of the concert hall is yet to be determined. The girls were all okay after a little bit of rest and most of them ended up anxiously returning back to their seats to enjoy the rest of the show.

Big Bang performed 23 songs over two and half hours, including solo performances from each of the five members. Today’s Big Show concert was the first of three days that Big Bang will be performing at Seoul’s Olympic Hall. Who’s betting on the number of fainters hitting 100 before the weekend is over?

C: seoulbeats & shinhdeplol from the BB thread.

XD I don't mean to laugh but that part was hilarious! HAHAHAH

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

He'll perform for us the way we want and speak to us the way he genuinely wants. Ummmmmmmm, my point is that he lets us KNOW the contrast between his stage image and what he really is and that's what's so charrrrminnggg about him.

WORD.

I can tell he is really genuine when he performs because he is able to channel so much emotion when he sings. To he he isn't the best singer, the best dancer in the world, but for some reason I really feel him when he sings. Like I feel the pain if the song is painful etc etc. He's really good at expressing the song's emotions so I guess it comes really easy when he is genuine and honest. Plus you can tell when he's not feeling a song....he just stands still. The boy is so restless when music he likes gets turned on.

I really think Youngbae is really in it for the music and nothing else. Why do I think so? He's not flashy with his outfits (i think if it was up to him he would be performing in a white t-shirt, blue jeans, air forces, and his fitted caps), he doesn't showcase any crazy antics, he doesn't talk too much about himself just the music, and he's so humble. I've heard some of the members can be very arrogant...

theLOSER

HAHAHA. I saw that article at seoulbeats too. Did u see my reply? It's Tae Yang for sure!

"My Girl" at 'HOT' Concert and other good stuff for download @ alwaystaeyang.wordpress

Guest sweetsorrow

YO! wassup fellow soompiers! =]

does anyone of you know how many copies TaeYang has sold of his mini album?

from what i remember..Tae Yang had the #1 selling album for May (the month he debuted) with a little over 31,000 copies sold (just in the one month) and i believed he reached most of it within 10 days of the album being released. So judging from that, I think its safe to say over 50,000? Counting international orders, pre-orders and such. Now that I think of it, i also remember 54,000 pre-orders (i can't remember where I read that number) okay so if my addition is correct i'd say around 85,000?

I'm certain about the 31,000 but I can't be too sure about total pre-orders and all the albums sold after May.

Yeah I notice that a lot. Tae Yang on stage and Young Bae in real life. xD He IS really sweet and that's the TRUE him and that's a part of why I love him. I like how he doesn't keep his 'badass' image everywhere he goes. Even in interviews he says he doesn't want a 'mask' following him everywhere, he'd rather be honest with his fans and keep his privacy and self respect that way. So I think what he wants is for us to realize that he's as human just like everyone else and that he's not going to hide anything for his 'image' on stage. He'll perform for us the way we want and speak to us the way he genuinely wants. Ummmmmmmm, my point is that he lets us KNOW the contrast between his stage image and what he really is and that's what's so charrrrminnggg about him.

EDIT: OMFG AND THE BEST PART IS WHERE he just IS HIMSELF on stage. Minus the choreo and hardcore manaction, he's best when he smiles that innocent smile at random smiles and just talks to usssssdfjlsf GO BUY HIS CONCERT DVD GUYS *ADVERTISES*.

^ its interesting we're talking about masks and different personalities here....a while ago I read this really great one-shot (i honestly can't remember by who) but it was about YB and GD and basically GD felt like he'd lost his best friend "Young Bae" to "Tae Yang" - it was very well written and honestly made me think about the two different personalities I see in YB (or TY). I think out of everyone, he deals with this the most because his onstage persona is rather different from his off-screen persona. Personally, i think because he's committed to being a performer but I can't sometimes help and think its his outlet. Its kind of like instant messaging. Behind a screen, its easy for u to pretend to be someone else, to say (or type in this case) things you wouldn't normally type but in real life, people aren't like that...its an outlet to be someone you aren't. I don't know if im going off on a tangent here...but sometimes i wonder......Will the real Young Bae please stand up?

Anyone watch the Big Bang virus parody fancam!?

Lol Bae was halarious!!!!!

I watched a bit of Beethoven Virus when it first came out and i wa so suprised Bae was playing the role of the coughing man lol....finally we get to see some more acting instead of the usual one of two lines he's always given. I wish he had more screen time though. The only thing is left is finally giving him the lead. All the members have been a male (or female) lead at one point....now its Yb's turn =) he could totally pull it off!!!

* im going to look for that one-shot i read - its a must read.

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

WORD.

I can tell he is really genuine when he performs because he is able to channel so much emotion when he sings. To he he isn't the best singer, the best dancer in the world, but for some reason I really feel him when he sings. Like I feel the pain if the song is painful etc etc. He's really good at expressing the song's emotions so I guess it comes really easy when he is genuine and honest. Plus you can tell when he's not feeling a song....he just stands still. The boy is so restless when music he likes gets turned on.

I've heard some of the members can be very arrogant...

2ccul3l.jpg

If that isn't what I think it is ^ then I definitely need to go through Sex Ed again. >_>

And yeah, the second thing...

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

^ its interesting we're talking about masks and different personalities here....a while ago I read this really great one-shot (i honestly can't remember by who) but it was about YB and GD and basically GD felt like he'd lost his best friend "Young Bae" to "Tae Yang" - it was very well written and honestly made me think about the two different personalities I see in YB (or TY). I think out of everyone, he deals with this the most because his onstage persona is rather different from his off-screen persona. Personally, i think because he's committed to being a performer but I can't sometimes help and think its his outlet. Its kind of like instant messaging. Behind a screen, its easy for u to pretend to be someone else, to say (or type in this case) things you wouldn't normally type but in real life, people aren't like that...its an outlet to be someone you aren't. I don't know if im going off on a tangent here...but sometimes i wonder......Will the real Young Bae please stand up?

I do think its like instant messenger for him. As we can see in the "Star Battle" he was very outgoing, expressive, flashing his abs, flashing very naughty smiles and even sticking his tongue out (did anyone notice this?). but once the music stopped he was calm and very shy when talking to the announcer. Kind of what you said, he's very committed to being a performer so he's very professional. He maintains a line between his personal life and music life, a line between "Tae Yang" and "Youngbae." I don't mind that he has these two personas. I think as a public figure you have to or else you'll lose your mind. And plus I keeps him from being richard simmons and arrogant. "Youngbae" reminds him of all the hard work and challenges he had to overcome to be "Tae Yang."

Anyone watch the Big Bang virus parody fancam!?

Lol Bae was halarious!!!!!

I watched a bit of Beethoven Virus when it first came out and i wa so suprised Bae was playing the role of the coughing man lol....finally we get to see some more acting instead of the usual one of two lines he's always given. I wish he had more screen time though. The only thing is left is finally giving him the lead. All the members have been a male (or female) lead at one point....now its Yb's turn =) he could totally pull it off!!!

TAE YANG FOR THE WIN! He was hilarious! He's a really good actor btw.....and BOSS-suh! The SUPPASTAR! I swear Boss is Tae Yang's lovechild...he's everywhere now. I don't think Tae Yang can make a good girl...why? Because he's so dang manly.....hahahah....I don't think I'll ever want to see him as a girl.....

I really want to see Tae Yang do a movie now....BUT after the music.

Ethrapt

LMAO! I meant "Plus you can tell when he's not feeling a song....he just stands still. The boy is so restless when music he likes loves gets turned on." Aigooo. lol.....but yes he does get like turned on....but not in the "Sex -Ed" kind of way. lol..... :sweatingbullets:

28-1.jpg

CREDIT: DCYB

hmmm Tae Yang playing piano in the air? WOW.

Guest sweetsorrow

lol i quoted myself...i found it!

it's called Parallel lines by Smitten - so i was wrong..its isnt quite as i remembered....more about GD and Ji Young, but it begins with YB vs. TY. It's an interesting one-shot I thought I'd recommend since we're on the topic of different personalities.

@tofu - see, but thats what worries me sometimes. The fact that his real self is lost in his stage self. Like oneday, he's just going to have this major identity crisis or something. I'm really happy to see him finally opening up on shows, etc...kind of getting to his stage self because somewhere in him, I think he's a bit of that too (not the sex part, but the outgoing part). Like when TOP talked about YB scaring him on Sang Sang Plus..i thought "hmm he has such a childish side to him?" see....thats like a third part of his personality we never see...not on stage, not in real life - only hearing about it or him talking about it.

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

I do think its like instant messenger for him. As we can see in the "Star Battle" he was very outgoing, expressive, flashing his abs, flashing very naughty smiles and even sticking his tongue out (did anyone notice this?). but once the music stopped he was calm and very shy when talking to the announcer. Kind of what you said, he's very committed to being a performer so he's very professional. He maintains a line between his personal life and music life, a line between "Tae Yang" and "Youngbae." I don't mind that he has these two personas. I think as a public figure you have to or else you'll lose your mind. And plus I keeps him from being richard simmons and arrogant. "Youngbae" reminds him of all the hard work and challenges he had to overcome to be "Tae Yang."

LOL NOW THAT FOR ME IS A SEX-ED TURN ON. It could mean that he isn't COMPLETELY the innocent little boy we picture 'Young Bae' to be, he's got it all in his head somewhere and just expresses it all onstage. A relationship might not be that hard with him? LOL He knows what he's doing when he's in the right mood~

Ethrapt

LMAO! I meant "Plus you can tell when he's not feeling a song....he just stands still. The boy is so restless when music he likes loves gets turned on." Aigooo. lol.....but yes he does get like turned on....but not in the "Sex -Ed" kind of way. lol..... :sweatingbullets:

............ Don't deny it. LOL. Naw, I get what you mean now. I so read that wrong LMAO :phew:

LIKE I THOUGHT YOU SAID "when music (happensorw/e) he like GETS TURNED ON." >_>

Guest ygchixzta1177

Hey, I've seen TaeYang with his "H" Belt on a lot nowadays. So I was just wondering where he bought it from.

;) His music is just awesome, but his clothing is so difficult to find. Help would be much appreciated. :sweatingbullets:

I know exactly what you mean! His gears are so hard to find. I've been looking for his Smiley Face hat like in his Na Man Bara bwa music video everywhere, and i've got no luck =[ And Yes, his "H" belt is darn sexyyy.

i can't find any pics, could you post one??

the only designer company I can think of that uses an "H" symbol is the french designer label "Hermes" - its a pretty high fashion-high end company...i wouldn't put it past YG to get some for YB....YB's jackets (the biker ones that he has in every single color of the rainbow and more) are by a the designer label "Balenciaga" - again high fashion expensive stuff.

also a couple of links to help you out

http://www.vip-club.co.kr/

^ i believe they actually sell alot of the clothing BB wore (not literally) but alot of the colonize stuff etc....that might help find some YB stuff.

http://fashionbang.livejournal.com/

^ a livejournal dedicated to BB fashion trends - the site gives the designer names of certain accessories and clothing..its up to date and pretty accurate.....hopefully the H belt is somewhere in there along with any other YB fashion items you want

=)

Thank you for providing those links! They actually did have alot of Big bang and YB clothing items, it's really neat. Unfortunately i didn't find the smiley face hat either, but it's a start!

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

090130 Bigshow TAEYANG look at only me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3II6fNiUA

gah so mad the fancam is really far from the stage.

i found the audio for the perf

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=young...8211&page=1

i apologize for the many posts today, but i just realized that Tae Yang was dancing on the piano.

:blink: :blink: OMG. This was a performance I've always pictured in my mind.....YOUNG BAE...I'M NOT WORTHY! I'M NOT WORTHY!

sweetsorrow LOL an identity crisis....I don't think so. I think "Tae Yang" and "Youngbae" are both integral parts of the fine piece of human being that he is. He just chooses to express one on stage and one off stage. Sorry to be philosophical all of a sudden, but aren't we all like that? We all change our personalities according to the context and situation. For example, I sound like a very crazy fangirl sometimes, but in real life, I hardly ever freak out over anything or anyone. A major tangent, but who are we, really?

"MY GIRL" at HOT Concert for download at alwaystaeyang.wordpress

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

sweetsorrow LOL an identity crisis....I don't think so. I think "Tae Yang" and "Youngbae" are both integral parts of the fine piece of human being that he is. He just chooses to express one on stage and one off stage. Sorry to be philosophical all of a sudden, but aren't we all like that? We all change our personalities according to the context and situation. For example, I sound like a very crazy fangirl sometimes, but in real life, I hardly ever freak out over anything or anyone. A major tangent, but who are we, really?

OMFG I WAS TYPING THE EXACT SAME THING. Like, whoa... AGREE TO EVERYTHING. This is definitely a BIG part of why I found Young Bae/TY SO much more appealing than the other celebs around me. He controls his own boundaries and NOT the media. I'd be damned if I hear a rumor going on about YB. Say if you heard "omfg YB got drunk" then he most likely told everyone that... cuz he did... *so not spreading around shet*. xD I mean like, he knows what he's doing and I don't think he's going to lose himself going from YB to TY and back. I'd say it's more dangerous to be ALIKE your stage presence (depends on what ur doing) than to have a gap in between. Other celebs, their personalities represent their stage persona so much it makes me cringe. Even if it's a lie, I can't help but feel deceived.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/i...20Yang/28-1.jpg

CREDIT: DCYB

hmmm Tae Yang playing piano in the air? WOW.

WHOA! THAT LOOKS CRAZY SCARY! BUT COOL! I want to see a FANCAM man!

XD;

I was watching the dance battle-- again, hes so lonely! Poor guy.

but anyways-- I think one of his dancers hot; the one to the his right but left when we watch it-- during the "fallin' out" XD.

and its not Jae the choreographer. hahahahha. XD anyways!

XD.

I agree with EVERYONE!!!!! I just recently became a fan of TAE YANG

because I stopped listening to Korean music due to a very busy college life...

but I've watched clips of Tae Yang back when he was known as

DONG YOUNG BAE and he was sooooo different then!

I hope and pray that Tae doesn't lose himself in the process of becoming

a famous solo artist! I can see that when the music stops,

he becomes his old self again -- shy, chill, cool, and collected.

I'm glad he can change himself when NEEDED and still be himself!

In the real world, you need to know when to be professional and when to

be YOURSELF without losing your TRUE self...Tae does a good job

at it. He's such a sweetheart and I love him.

A lot of people become COCKY when the fame gets to them...

but Tae has worked his richard simmons off to get where he is now...I'm sure he

knows what fame can do to people and he won't let it happen to him.

TAE YANG FOREVER :)

Guest sweetsorrow

Thank you for providing those links! They actually did have alot of Big bang and YB clothing items, it's really neat. Unfortunately i didn't find the smiley face hat either, but it's a start!

^ hey there..so i did some searching for you...alot of people are looking for this hat.....apparently it was custom made for him by a company called New Era. From what I could find, they don't make another copy of the same hat as well as, to get a new design done, you need to purchase 576 hats (approx. $9000 US). So basically, look for a knock-off lol cause its pretty much impossible to get a replica of his smiley face hat...

i got this from yg_bigbang @ livejournal

lol so YB purcashed 576 hats!?! now i seriously want to see his shrine of fitted caps - i wonder if he actually allowed anyone in there lol...

^ hey there..so i did some searching for you...alot of people are looking for this hat.....apparently it was custom made for him by a company called New Era. From what I could find, they don't make another copy of the same hat as well as, to get a new design done, you need to purchase 576 hats (approx. $9000 US). So basically, look for a knock-off lol cause its pretty much impossible to get a replica of his smiley face hat...

lol so YB purcashed 576 hats!?! now i seriously want to see his shrine of fitted caps - i wonder if he actually allowed anyone in there lol...

My little brother really liked the hat too and we were looking on maybe I think it was DVDheaven I think;

and they had a knockoff-ish of the hat but a lot of it was selling and they stopped it >.<

Thats really awesome how he has THAT many hats! I wanna see this collection! :)

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

Whoa that's a buttload of hats. Maybe it's YG Entertainment that bought 576 hats and he just had the honor to get it customized? But I'm not surprised if he bought 575 caps...it looks like he really likes them and Amy Lee also pointed it out too. lol. But why a smiley face Tae Yang?

FYI" New Era is almost like a "certification" for hats. With their logo and plus the 50fifty emblem, the hat becomes "legit" and cool. There's a website ('star-thotz") only sell bootleg versions of everything he wears. haha. just to let you know.

a fitted-cap shrine! :w00t:

about about a muscle tank shrine? white t-shirts? john galliano boxers?

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

I'm actually NOT surprised at his huge damn hat collection.

I'm sort of speachless now though. I'd love to know his other collections of stuffs. Shoes, T's, wifebeaters, undies yeah LOL.

He keeps wearing the same darn earings, but they're still very fitting. <3