►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest itszmaeee

I just want to comment about the complaints. That's old news. Why are they bringing this up now when YG already broke the news about 2NE1 performing 3 songs just only for the comeback stages a MONTH AGO?

It's not biased at all. It's called marketing strategies and business relationships. Not because YG is one of the big bosses in kpop, which I guess is part of the deal, but rather their marketing strategies & tactics. YG will not take risk of spending billions of won[millions of dollars] on 2NE1 if they think they would plop. They probably knew something like this would come out. Don't blame SBS either. SBS probably felt that they could give 2NE1 the best stage so they probably made some offers here and there [vice versa]. It's not bribery either. This is business. If those small time companies keep whining like a bunch of babies saying how their rookie groups aint getting any screen time, then why don't they go all out and risk their money? 4 Rookie groups can have those 11 minutes instead? Yeah right. Not to sound arrogant or anything, but its not like SBS would gain any money from those rookie groups. I still don't get why they would focus on SBS and YG only when there are other broadcast stations that's been doing this.

Just remember, AN ARTICLE IS NOT BASED FROM THE NATION'S REACTIONS AND FEELINGS. That's what writers are good at. They've only interview one or more, but that doesn't mean one [wo]man reflects how and what the nation's feel.

With all that said, 2NE1 STILL ROCK! GO SUCK A LOLLIPOP. GO AWAY AND CRY TO MOMMY BECAUSE CAN'T NOBODY DO IT LIKE 2NE1!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!

^ But dont u think they should make more money than the money they spent on making the 3MVs ? do u know that they spent more than 800.000 dollars on them? How are the girls gonna make money if they dont sell more than they spent

Sure...definitely want financial success for the girls. It irks me how some artists in the US can make such bank with really weak songs and comparatively less personal effort. There's just a couple of points that I think are important:

1. From YG down to the producers (i.e. e.Knock) this album seems to be about achieving that "quality" of music that isn't there with the instant hits (and instantly forgotten) music that is most prevalent today. I mean I don't know about all of you, but when I hear the opening bars of BB's Haru-Haru or Lies I always listen..I think I always will. That's the same for IDC, Fire, (basically all the songs they've put out so far). Even my 4 year old daughter sings along to all the songs and we're not even Korean. That's the YG legacy and I'm glad it's being applied to 2NE1.

2. From the same article where we learned how much YG spent, there's a quote (I know it's not from YG himself, but it still applies.) "Business is a constant game of risk and reward..." You gotta take a risk or you end up in trouble. I like Hyori, for example, but you gotta hate the terrible situation she ended up with because her label took some a lot of short-cuts and bought most of the songs on her last album from 1 producer that didn't have a commitment to her like Teddy and e.Knock have to the YG artists. Don't flame me for details... I don't know them, I'm just making a point that I think YG is sincerely living up to which is that whether or not they make a boat-load of money on this album, they believe in their artists and are committed to making music that is meaningful and entertaining FIRST, profitable SECOND. Usually these 2 things go hand-in hand!

^ The question now is do people out there appreciate good music or not

anyways right now i am very worried about CL i heard that she slipped on stage at the dream concert i really hope she is okay :tears:

V yes there is some fanaccounts about it, gosh i dont know if i can sleep now that i heard this news

Guest toozdae08

^

seriously? I hope she isn't seriously hurt. I don't want a situation where she has to sit down for performances because she is so charismatic on stage.

Guest itszmaeee

Sure...definitely want financial success for the girls. It irks me how some artists in the US can make such bank with really weak songs and comparatively less personal effort. There's just a couple of points that I think are important:

1. From YG down to the producers (i.e. e.Knock) this album seems to be about achieving that "quality" of music that isn't there with the instant hits (and instantly forgotten) music that is most prevalent today. I mean I don't know about all of you, but when I hear the opening bars of BB's Haru-Haru or Lies I always listen..I think I always will. That's the same for IDC, Fire, (basically all the songs they've put out so far). Even my 4 year old daughter sings along to all the songs and we're not even Korean. That's the YG legacy and I'm glad it's being applied to 2NE1.

2. From the same article where we learned how much YG spent, there's a quote (I know it's not from YG himself, but it still applies.) "Business is a constant game of risk and reward..." You gotta take a risk or you end up in trouble. I like Hyori, for example, but you gotta hate the terrible situation she ended up with because her label took some a lot of short-cuts and bought most of the songs on her last album from 1 producer that didn't have a commitment to her like Teddy and e.Knock have to the YG artists. Don't flame me for details... I don't know them, I'm just making a point that I think YG is sincerely living up to which is that whether or not they make a boat-load of money on this album, they believe in their artists and are committed to making music that is meaningful and entertaining FIRST, profitable SECOND. Usually these 2 things go hand-in hand!

I agree, but if you actually look at it the 'business' way, profit will always comes first. Of course they won't show the girls how dissapointed they are seeing as how they didn't even make half of what they've spent. And of course they won't tell the public how much money they've actually earn from this comeback. Why? It'll make them look bad. In a sense why they would even risk on putting that much money on the line when probably a part of them already knew what will come back. Not the full package either. I'm not doubting the girls and the power of kblackjacks, but with this much negativity, I don't even know what to expect. Maybe it's too early to doubt this strategy since they haven't even fully started yet. We'll all see in a week or so.

I'm crossing my fingers that whatever this articles, writers, and netizens are saying WILL BACKFIRE to them. Make them eat a ground of salt.

Though I am a little dissapointed at how the girls are doing on charts. I haven't checked it [and i will later], but I heard they're not doing well *cries*.

EDIT:

SAY WHAT?! CL SLIPPED? OMG! Was it raining? They should really be careful with those stages. I hope CL is okay now! OMG!

EDIT:

I just checked the charts and the girls are still on the top 3. YAAAAAAAY!

Guest toozdae08

What is with this "they won't make the money back talk?"

Seriously?

The album has been out 3 days and the girls just had their first performance. From my understanding they've done better then they did this time last year. During their first 5 days they only sold 12,271 on Hanteo (page 580). They already surpassed that and it's only been 3 days and they just had their comeback performance. Plus they weren't blowing up the online charts like they are now when the first album came out either. And what happened with the minialbum? - it went on to sell over 100k copies. You guys worry too much.

-

what's with the -1? I'm saying the girls are doing really well and better than they did last time and you guys are worrying for no reason.

About the complaints, that was bound to happen its most probably fans of other groups. Its understandable that they don't wan't favorites to get upstaged. Plus apparently you can't sit down without getting criticism in Korea.

I mean it happens it allkpop so it was bound to happen in korea.

About Sales we kinda have to wait and see, according to reports there were a lot of pre-orderss, if the pass 100k hold true than 1,000 plus a day is not bad at all. I mean unlike the old album which started with 30k pre-orders but steadily grew for a month, a whole chunk of the fanbase already pre-ordered it so there could be slightly less people buy it on a daily basis.

I think YG's whole point of this is to really cement 2ne1 place of one the top girl groups.

i know we're a bit worry, but for this comeback alot of pressure is being put on the girls as well as YG~!

i dont want the girls to be dissappointed, all i want is the best for them! and im feeling abit useless like

i cant do anything for them >.<

they've worked soo hard for this album, and with the three title songs promotions they have to do triple the work

so i only want the returns to be triple as well :lol:

im really really glad to see our girls still topping the chart ^^ guessing tat stupid article on akp got to me!

im still peeved by it! anyways~~ the girls performed at Dream Concert yesterday right? any fancams yet guys?

2NE1 FIGHTING FIGHTING!!!

I think some of you are panicking for nothing. True, YG spent a lot to produce this album/for promotions but the album already had 120,000 pre-orders. From what I gather, pre-orders are how much YG has shipped out to stores and customers. Though the public hasn't bought all of them yet, that 120k is as good as sold in YG's eyes because those music stores/people had to pay for those copies. By now, the company has probably broken even already if you consider that plus adding their digital sales.

About the Hanteo chart, the girls have never been the type to sell a lot of hardcopies of their CD fast. Instead, they have moderate but steady sales and it adds up. I think 2NE1 has a lot of casual listeners who aren't the diehard types who'd buy the CD in the 1st week but will pick it up later out of curiosity. That's what happened with their mini-album and look where they ended up at the end of the year - 3rd place only next to G-Dragon and Super Junior on Hanteo. I think 2NE1's fanbase is a younger crowd and that's why they do really well on digital charts but it takes more time for them to sell their CD. Besides, 2NE1 has only started promotions. Just wait, I'm sure sales will pick up once 2NE1TV airs and they start making the rounds on music shows.

Initially, I thought having 3 title tracks would be a bad idea but I think it worked out well because instead of just one song getting the public's attention, 2NE1 has the three title tracks occupying the #1-3 spot on a lot of digital charts. The girls might not win as many music show awards this time around but they will get more digital sales for sure.

And let's not forget - YG wouldn't invest this much if he couldn't afford it. The girls have other sources of income like CFs and private appearances. I heard their Etude deal alone was worth $800,000 for only 6 months so think of their other yearly endorsement deals. They'll do just fine so don't worry.

Guest blackjackVip

OMG!

almost all their new songs are dominating the charts!

so awesome! :w00t:

"Can't nobody" and "Go Away" is fighting for the top place! cool!

i like Go Away better though! hehehe

oh! and its nice to see the "it hurts" is doing really well on charts too! considering that they're not really going to promote it....

i hope they'll perform that song LIVE!

i wanna hear their angelic voice! :wub:

Guest cristina0422

BlackJacks cheer up! What's with this negativity?

I think their album standing is just doing fine.

1k++ for a daily sales is just ok, so don't panic. (I don't wanna post other artists 1st week sales. But lemme tell you...the girls are just doing fine)

And c'mon! Their doing well on digital sales!

It will increase gradually...they only just have their 1st performance...

2NE1 MINIALBUM SALES HANTEO CHART

img_3_69_4.png

note: weekly total sales

see the trend? it's not like they need to sell 10,000 copies a day.

V Try DVDHeaven...I've heard that it only costs you around 21usd shipping is included

Guest cccatherine

Where else can I buy there album besides yesasia? It started off at $13.99 pre-order but now it's at $17.99 not including shipping. I heard other sites are selling it at around that price including a poster, while yesasia doesn't. Anyone know where? Thanks :)

SBS issue

I was iffy with this 3 title songs from the very start. I knew if they performed all these three in one day, they’ll get the heat for it. Remember the Chuseok special with SBS? Its the same thing all over again.

I think its a business matter between the companies. SBS was given the exclusive for 2NE1 debut and now their comeback. Like it or not, its the way entertainment business goes. Its called a partnership. SBS gave 2NE1 a 6 minute debut and they were still nobodies back then. What do you expect now that they’re huge? 2NE1 is very popular judging by the huge hype with this comeback. SBS is counting on the increase in viewer ratings once 2NE1 is on Inkigayo this Sunday. So, they’re giving them the maximum amount of time on air.

Special treatment? Yes. But look at this from a commercial perspective. If you own a store, you are generally more congenial with the repeat customers because you know that they have loyalty in your products/service. You know their habits, preferences, etc. and you cater to that. They don’t have to necessarily pay more, but because you have that type of relationship with them, you give them a different treatment because they’re regulars. I think with SBS, YG have established that sort of relationship with them. Because YG artists don’t perform everywhere or appear everywhere, SBS knew that once they do, ratings will go up. And since YG has been giving SBS the exclusives (i.e. GD, 2NE1 comebacks), SBS gave them this privilege. A give and take sort of thing.

If people are complaining on them getting more screen time rather than the newcomers or other artists, they should complain to the the label that’s handling the former. They obviously did not give SBS enough incentive to show their idols. Or if they don’t like seeing them on TV, change channels. As simple as that.

Money Matters

From what I see, their Hanteo numbers are pretty steady. Wheesung has overtaken their album for today but they remain at number 2 which we should have expected because of the large amount of downloads in different music shops. They're top 10 in the downloads so a lot of people got their songs online. So, these same people would probably not get a physical copy of the album anymore. Its usually fans that get the physical copies and casual listeners (as somebody pointed out a while ago) who get the digital. And from what I've seen, YG isn't really that huge in sales of physical albums. Sure, they sell A LOT compared to other idol groups, but their strength has always been in their digital sales. Honestly, I think SM sells the most physical copies because they've established that culture in their fandoms. I think its the reverse of how YG sells. SM groups generally have bombastic album sales but don't do as well in digital sales. We also have to take into account piracy and download links. And this is a problem not only for 2NE1 or YG groups in particular. I think with the advent of itunes and mp3s, a lot of people have taken this piece meal buying of music as a way of life. I do the same with other groups I don't follow but like one song from.

But, album sales isn't really where the money comes from these days. Back then, selling a 100,000 albums was easier so it was a cash cow for entertainment groups. Daesangs had a higher sales equivalent. Music acts now get money from cfs and appearance fees. I think performing in clubs and special functions for idols is worth more than what they get from their weekly shows or album sales at times. So for 2NE1, bagging those huge CF deals last year made this comeback possible. By now, their expenses would at least have been partly covered. Add that to the money that YG will get from the downloads and possibly ongoing deals with companies. We shouldn't worry so much.

And we should also remember that YG just had an initial public offering. Layman's translation - they're selling stocks to investors to get additional money for their operations. So, when people buy stocks, its equivalent to money they can use for promoting their artists and covering for expenses.

Anyway, how did we get into this discussion? We should be celebrating the girls return and 2NE1TV very soon!

^long but i enjoyed reading ur theory^^; nice explanation :P

Where else can I buy there album besides yesasia? It started off at $13.99 pre-order but now it's at $17.99 not including shipping. I heard other sites are selling it at around that price including a poster, while yesasia doesn't. Anyone know where? Thanks :)

U can try dvdheaven^^

ok so can someone tell me when 2NE1TV is starting??? ugh I thought it was suppose to start two days before 2NE1's comeback but nothing yet!

I want to see my girls!!!

2ne1tv season2 will be broadcasted on sept 14;]

Guest bluishme

i don't know if this posted..

Dara's Me2day

You.. know who we’re sending this message to right?!!^^; Kyak!!! Of course it’s you guys!!! Now we’re starting once again, and we’re going to work hard for our activities so please support usa lot!!! Kyak~! Whoosh!!!

Source: Dara’s Me2day

Translated by: GEE@YGLadies.com

-----

Haters can say anything they want..

but let's just be humble and calm..

all we need to do is support our girls and

not dwell with those people..

Lets all stay happy and positive!!!

2NE1 Nolja!!

fancam:

saw this on YGLadies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS0VobF9Mk&feature=player_embedded