►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest sjaikb

2NE1 takes the reins in planning their first performance of “Ugly”

On this week’s episode of SBS’s ‘Inkigayo‘, 2NE1 will be presenting a stage performance planned personally by the members for the very first time!

Representatives of YG Entertainment revealed, “Previous performances were usually planned out by our choreographers and the members would edit bits and pieces of it after discussing it with them. This time for ‘Ugly‘, the members planned out every detail of their performance themselves.”

They continued, “‘Ugly’ is a song that doesn’t need a special choreography; rather, it requires something that allows the music to flow naturally, so it’s harder to plan for than the average song. For several days in a row, the members stayed up to brainstorm ways to better deliver their music to the viewers.”

As it is their first time planning their own stage, Yang Hyun Suk was revealed to have stayed up with the girls to give them his advice.

Source: OSEN via Nate

cr: allkpop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dragon-rider

Oh they have a stage performance today? Oh my I totally have no idea about this. LOL silly me.

I Am The Best is so cool to watch in big stage. I really love the fireworks and other effects of this performance. They are the last one to perform, seems like 2NE1 is gaining very big popularity this time ^^.

Can't wait for tomorrow Hate You and Ugly :w00t:

Guest sjaikb

i think someone is hacking their youtube views. the other day DSTM MV only had 11 million views but now it reached 20 million. while Ugly MV YT views didn't go up.

unledmbu.jpg

Guest Beat Of Angel(BOA)

Today i went to inkigayo to see 2NE1 comeback and when i arrive there were many blackjack already so we waited and then the fan stuff give us our number sticker to get in. 2NE1 Fan stuff remember me saying it has been so long since she saw me and that im the best since i fly to korea to see 2NE1 lol. Anyway after that we went to the door and waited and the staff gave us the 2NE1 fan. after that i told the stuff that i prepare a present for 2NE1 and if they can help me pass it to them and then she bring me to the side saying to give to the YG stuff so i gave it to the staff there were 2 of them and one of them is that really big woman since big bang documentary and she also is on 2NE1 tv soemtime at mv filming and at the building and also at 2NE1 dorm. After that we went in and wait then do doong cl came out then all of them came out kkk and they were so pretty as usual and after that they greeted and the fan shout 2NE1 nolzza and 2NE1 said blackjack nolzza kkk. They did the first rehersal and after that they did 3 takes of recording. They wore the same out fit in ugly mv and the background stage is like lonely inkigayo set if u get what i mean with those garrage looking place. A funny thing happen was when Cl practice singing the part of the song that said im not pretty nan yaebe ji anha part and the fans was like your pretty lol and CL smile and then 2nd take of the song bom was kinda shock when the firecrackers or fireworks not sure how to say it when it burst around the end of the song.

theres other things that happen but not really big just small funny things. After that sandara said that hate you is live and there is no pre recording so i was like T,T since i have to go back. So i only got the chance to see them perf ugly. Also a pic of CL and minzy when they arrive but its not clear since i screencap from video.

dsc08035c.jpg

dsc08034k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

57769463.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guest dragon-rider

@sjaikb: I find it really weird too <_< . Ugly should have been 3,5 to 4 millions now but it's still around 2 millions. And there is no way Don't Stop The Music has higher views than Go Away or Can't Nobody or Lonely. I really hope it's not because 2NE1 is hacked, it would be a messing situation.

@Beat of Angel: woah you're so lucky. I am very jealous now :P. I always wish I would see them in person, especially in the 1st comeback stage like that. Bom was scared by the fireworks? LOL it makes sense 'cuz she's such an alien.

Guest koreanfan74

I swear  i watched Dont stop the music last week, i saw it's almost 11 000 000 views. How does it get about 20 000 000 views now while the other songs did not go up? I worried YG channel us hacked.

Guest dragon-rider

110731 2NE1tv_2011 twitter update

screenshot20110731at153.png

On the 5th episode of 2NE1tv (August 2nd at 6PM, 12:30AM), the birth of Ugly as told by Teddy will be revealed… also!!! The original version of Hate You, F*** You !!! Bonus! The story behind Mari Kim's music video!

Source: 2NE1TV 2011 Twitter

Translation credit: GEE@YGL

Finally we can see our hit-man Teddy on 2NE1TV. I'm really excited to watch him and maybe there's gonna be some CL-Teddy sweet moment I hope :wub:

Ah~ this makes me miss when the girls baked him some cookies in season 1 so much. Back at that time he brought us so much laughter but now he is getting more and more serious.

Guest dragon-rider

Crazycarrot's link:

HATE YOU

UGLY

C: Crazycarrot370

Such a pity that Hate You is only performed the first verse. It hasn't even got into Dara's part yet. I love the choreography and the plot but it's too short TT.TT

Ugly is so great. With no auto tunes I can hear their powerful voice so clearly. However, since Ugly is a very touching song, I think their expression should be a little more emotinal like what they did in It Hurts and Lonely.

Guest kaypie

Hate You was too short!

Ugly was beautiful. LOL.

I'm so proud. They were directly involved

in planning it.

Guest KiMmY_52988

yay, Dara sung louder today and she expressed her emotions well :) . CL's always the fierce one lol. Poor male dancers! Bommie is soooo cute in Hate You performance with her outfits/hair and her little dance, hahah. Bommie has a unique voice but Minzy's vocals are more stable as compared to the rest.. so happyy, now off to watch subbed 2NE1_TV!!!

2NE1 INKIGAYO COMEBACK PERFS

HATE YOU : The concept of the male dancers getting tied up

& the girls hating on them - definitely fits the atmosphere of the song.

I really like the way they do the 'eh,eh,eh,eh' part. And each of their

vocals in here is really very stable & strong. The only complain would

be how short the perf for this song was. Nontheless,at least they would not be that tired

to perform their main title song.

P.S I pity the male dancer who had to come out

twice & get pushed by ChaeRa. ^_^

UGLY : If I have to really choose,I would pick

Minzy & DARA as the most stable vocals in this perf.

I am totally in love w/ DARA's bridge part,so full of emotions - of someone

who really believes that there is no such thing as warmth etc..

Oh,don't you think that the volume to CL's mic is softer than the rest,

that she really have to shout in other to be heard clearly,or else

the music recorded overshadowed her live vocals?

Like how we can hear her super clear only when she did an ad-lib,

like shouting 'HEeeyy!' during their last chorus.

It was a little lesser emotional evoking than

IATB or even their 'Lonely' perfs.But still it was great to see them

rocking the stage w/ that 'LET'S PLAY' attitude.

& I like the fact that whenever it's their solo parts,the stage

only belongs to that particular member. :wub:

Archived