►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

At first listen, I didn't quite love the song... but after a few replays, I've grown to love it. :) They've really outdone themselves in terms of not following the norm in kpop music style as well as meaningfulness of the song.

PS. LOVE Dara's bridge part.

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest briv808

2NE1 keeps changing their music and styles that the other groups try to copy, but they just can’t keep up!!! 

Their new Mini Album will be #1 again because they sing about being UGLY, they are LONELY, they  DON’T CRY, THEY HATE YOU, but THEY ARE THE BEST so they DON’T STOP THE MUSIC in whatever they do!!!  Looking forward to the next 2NE1 wave….

This is their 2ND Album with 5 ALL KILL songs.  Remember TO ANYONE had 6 or more ALL KILL songs and they won Album of the year at the MAMA and Melon Music Awards.  Can anyone name another KPop group with this kind of accomplishment?  Let alone having multiple songs on one Album make all kill.  Me thinks that they will win album of the year again because their music is all different with a message that speaks to fans worldwide.

2NE1 you are the best be it R&B, Techno, Pop, Electro and now they're showing that they can sing Rock music !!!

Guest dragon-rider

@ briv808: I don't think they will win Album of the year because I remember that award is only available for Full-Albums. But I hope 2NE1 will win Song of the year or Artist of the year :D

I wonder why YG replace the original Ugly MV by another one which is the same as the old vid. We lost many view counts and "like" by this incident. But we all know 2NE1 is Youtube blockbuster so I am still confident that Ugly will hit 1 million views tonight.

110727 MINZY's twitter update

xpwfj.jpg

더기와 저역시 "Ugly"를 기대하고있어요~^^더기의 확신에 찬모습이 아마도..어글리의 대박을 바라는 것같아보이는데요?!ㅋ 오늘 자정을 기대해주세요~~^^

Dougie and I are both excited for "UGLY"~^^ Dougie's confident demeanor probably means.. that he's hoping Ugly will be a success?! Ke Please wait for midnight~~^^

Translated by GEE @ ygladies.com

Source: Minji's Twitter

110728 DARA's me2day update

21dara131178433018905.jpg

촬영중 초조허게 음원공개 기다리던중.. 찰칵!!! 노래 들어봤어요?!? ^_^ 캬~!!! 난 예쁘지않아.. 아름답지않아.. 오오오오! 오오오오오~!!! 하지만 내가 제일 잘나가!!!ㅋㅋ막이래~! 이제 촬영끝! 숙소로 갑니다! 굿밤!!!^.^/

While I was doing the shooting, I was getting nervous and while waiting for the release, I got this…with a click!!!! Have you heard the song?!? ^_^ Kya~! I’m not pretty.. I’m not beautiful… Oh oh oh oh! Oh oh oh oh oh~!!! But I’m still the best!!! Ke ke Just that~! Now the shooting is done! I’m headed back to the dorm! Good night!!! ^.^/

Source: Dara’s Me2Day

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Haha I love her saying "I am Ugly but I Am The Best"

'UGLY' REVIEW : I love how it started off with CL raw singing parts w/ justthe strumming

of the guitar then when our powerful vocalists BOmmie comes into the picture,the drums starts to beat.And how they sang

the same two lines "I'm not pretty,I'm not beautiful" w/ different style.Then DARA comes into the picture

with her "a-little-more-husky-than-before" vocals before Minzy's deep & husky vocals took over.

This very part of the song shows how their vocals varies and adds a certain point to the previous part.For example

like how BOMmie added to CL's raw singing with her poweerful vocals etc..

The way CL sang the chorus is really powerful & hit on the right feelings - the tone

and the stresses on particular words that evokes emotions to it.

I can see that BOMmie & Minzy makes up the body of the song,CL makes up

the climax(w/ the choru),DARA makes up the part of building up the climax of the song

in her parts while the four of them makes the introduction of this amazing song. :wub:

The lyrics of the song is very inspiring & that we girls

can relate to it in every ways. To me this song it's not about

for girls who really looks ugly and feels inferior - but it's more on

how there are times when we feel inferior in some ways or the other inside.Something

like how when you feels that the people around you have someone

who loves them,who are dating yet you are all alone..

And how people tend to lie to you just to makes you feel better,yet

you know deeep down you're nothing like that. It also about being

honest to yourself and not to look at yourself based on what they say

but more of what you think and know about yourself. ^_^

I really do love the music,the mv,their arrangement,the vocals & the lyrics so much!!

The MV is really wicked!!

From Lonely,I AM THE BEST,Hate you to this - it all boils down to

different style & music.

Guest dragon-rider

@dada: I always love reading your reviews :wub: . you speak my words.

Guys remember to purchase the song and the album legally to support our girls. If you don't buy the album, you can download the songs online via Melon, Bugs, Dosirak, Soribada, etc.

Our lovely cristina has posted all the tutorial of how to purchase the songs on music sites here:

[TUT] Tutorials for Monkey3, Naver, Cyworld, Melon, Dosirak, Bugs

[TUT] Sign Up, Stream & Download from Kpop.Soribada

I wonder where is cristina :huh: . Hey buddy, be back soon we are all partying here :P

Guest KakashiandNarutoFan

Loved 2NE1's Ugly so much!!! I wish i could just sit in front of the computer the whole day and press the refresh button XD

Guest echoRy

Teddy's an @#$%^& genius! the only other artist in Kpop i think of like that is GD.

these 2 were blessed by a higher power to create music! oh my word.

i want an interview of how Ugly was created, i wonder what the motivation was behind the song.

i think it's brave that the girls sang it. who else would have...could have, seriously.

@dragon-rider : Thank you for reading my reviews. ^_^ Totally appreciating that..

& those screecaps are definitely one of my favourite parts

of the MV. Thank you for sharing it!

I love how their MVs - Lonely,IATB,Hate You Ugly,

does not focus on the pretty side of them or like any typical

idol mv ; but more of the concept,creating that image/picture of the song.

So it's like whenever I listen to their songs in my mp3,my mind will automatically

replay the scenes from their MVs.

Minzy & DARA are so cute w/ their updates.

Look at how DARA show us her worried side about

how people will respond with the song 'UGLY'

Guest sjaikb

CL for Lancome Korea

source: lancomeization

2NE1’s CL participates in advertisement shoot for ‘Lancome’

2NE1’s Sandara Park revealed that fellow member CL recently modelled in a photoshoot for French cosmetics brand, ‘Lancome’.

On July 28th, Sandara uploaded a picture on her me2day and added, “As a commemoration for the release of 2NE1’s second mini-album, this alluring female~!!! Throwing in a picture of CL!!! You’ll be able to see more pictures of CL for ‘X-come’ soon~!!!”

Netizens were shocked by the elegant transformation CL made for the photoshoot, which contrasts starkly with her fierce stage charisma. Her smoothly styled hairbun and sexy eye makeup revealed a softer side to the girl group leader.

According to an associate, CL was recently selected to take part in a one-off advertisement shoot for Lancome’s new essence moisturizer product and website, “Vision of Beauty”. They said, “CL was chosen as one of many celebrity models for this advertisement campaign.”

Meanwhile, other celebrity figures appointed for this new campaign include Choi Hwa Jung, Jaurim’s Kim Youna, Wonder Girls‘ Sohee, and ballerina Kim Juwon.

Source: OSEN via Nate, TV Daily via Daum

cr: allkpop

Guest dragon-rider

CL is so beautiful and natural in Lancome's pic. This is like a slap to haters' face who said she is ugly. Her childish laughter and innocent expression in the previous Lancome video makes me melt :wub:

Btw, 2NE1′s 2nd mini album is rising on iTunes Electronic Charts WORLDWIDE

2ne1uglychartsitunestop.png

Source: iTunes

Capped by @PawsUpFor2NE1 via LP2NE1

Archived