►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest candyapple1111

Love the 2ne1 stage of OH yeah. dara was so dorky and bom amazing as always. Cl owns the stage everytime. YG is fast at blocking 2ne1 vids but GD/TOp he really doesn't bother with I wonder why. So i wasn't able to watch GA and CNB with sound.

[ I'm alittle worried about Minzy wardobe malfunction I hope it doesn't become an issue.

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest songbird86

Glorious new 2ne1 11st CF is Glorious!

Seriously, this is so cute! I love how the girls can be fierce one moment, then hilarious the next. I need more of them in my life... sigh... can't wait for Japan.

Guest wanderlove

I just watched 'Oh Yeah' with GD&TOP/2NE1 and i must say that MINZY, you are really good job!!! Her vocals is strong and superb... CL is really pretty.. i rather like her in this kind of outfit and hair.. Dara is so HYPER.. i can't help but smile and laugh at her.. even GD&TOP can't help but cracked up when she danced like that.. well.. what more can i say to BOM, she's great, awesome.. as usual..

This girls are fierce and at the same time cute.. i liked that they included all of 2NE1 in the performance.. great way to end and begin the NEW YEAR!!! :)

Guest cristina0422

The new CF is so damn cute! Park Sisters ~HEH!

Ah~ Can't get over with the new fresh collab of YG Family. And I forgot that it is a battle performance between 2NE1 and GDTOP. kekeke. I thought they were showing YG Family Love. It wasn't a battle at all because YG Family pawns the night with their performance. Who cares if white team wins by 16000 votes(was it? coz I forgot the entire show after their performance), I was contented with our girls performance and the epic collaboration.

Guest sjaikb

2NE1 - MuCore - Happy New Year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJUZQHIEZk

110101 2NE1 - 11st TV CF 15s

cr: BigBangSHINeeWorld6 & YGLKazy

Guest tazanya

haven't been here in a while, so I come bearing treats, well treats to some.

oh my and the girls in the cf-- when Bom blows them away it shocked me, even in cf's now she is bulling.  too cute.

Anyhoo, we recently posted some end of the year recap articles on the girls.. just thought I would share for those who haven't seen yet.  we are doing a full one on 2ne1 today will post that later.

Bom's Recap

v5zeix.png

An End of the Year Special - Queen Bom in 2010!

This year, we saw how our girls transformed and matured into even more fierce young ladies. As 2010 winds down, we here at YGL thought, what better way to end the year than by reliving the memories and recapturing the best moments each of our girls had this year? And who better to start off our trip down memory lane than with Lady Spring herself, Park Bom~

sas1copy.png

The woman with the 8D personality, chubby cheeks, and the best appetite, Jenny Park, or better known as Park Bom, the main vocalist of the hugely popular girl idol group 2NE1.

0953363.jpg

Corn & bread are her favorites, but this woman with an amazing love for food eats her veggies too! Park Bom proved her doubters wrong with her transformation into a more slender and sexy bombshell (not that she needed it AT ALL) with the popular "Lettuce Diet". I wonder how many greens she had? But the way I see it, it is surely effective.

90956f47a3a48314685eeca82bf13153.jpg

Earlier this year we witnessed the "friendship" between YGE's personal trainer Hwangssabu and Bom. It all started when her trainer saw her eating corn while using a computer during the first season of 2NE1TV. With the trainer's eyes laid upon her, Bommie was forced to stay away from her ultimate best-friends, corn, bread, and unhealthy foods of course. 

tumblr_lbxeknz1Bo1qdf870o1_500.jpg

Their recent comeback was MASSIVE. 2NE1 transformations were the subject of hot debate, but Bommie's RED HAIR MADE IT HOTTER. The new color absolutely fit Bom's long hair, giving it an edgy and outstanding noticeable look. This girl not only rocked that scarlet hair, but also even a blue-green wig for a gothic, but chic look for their Halloween themed It Hurts MV.  All of the hair colors, from red to black to blue and back to brown, showed just how much of a chameleon she is.  

7f18b_20101103_parkbom_1.jpg

Even though she failed many times during her auditions, Bom was very determined to become a great singer like Beyonce, her role model. She revealed in 2NE1TV that her parents were actually against the idea of her becoming a singer, but this girl never gave up. With her aunt who supported her all the way, she shifted her course to study music while she was living in America. 

Hardships faced the young Bommie, and during her second appearance in Strong Heart, Bom revealed that her aunt was actually sick. She asked her aunt to go and have a check-up, but her aunt's health declined dramatically. Her aunt, who did not want to show her niece that she was sick, sent Bom away to a friend's house. Her aunt eventually passed away, but Bom was unable to visit the funeral because she wasn't told of what happened. During 2NE1's visit to States, Bom had a chance to visit her aunt's grave. She wrote a card to her aunt telling her aunt that she finally achieved her dreams and thanked her aunt for helping her. She also promised her aunt to work hard to become an excellent singer.

AWESOME 2NE1TV MOMENTS

Through 2NE1TV Season 2, we got to see Bom's interactions with the other members and YG Family

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Thanks to Benny for making these fabulous compilations of all of the wonderful Bom moments!

Who could forget all the Park Sister moments, particularly when Bom comforted the upset Dara on the set of Can't Nobody?  

29zzg4j.jpg

It wasn't all sad moments, as episode 2 of season 2 started off with the HILARIOUS co-MC of Dara and Bom.  Bom was an equal opportunity jokester this season, as seen by her gif-worthy cuteness with Minzy and CL as well.  

11wbu45.jpg

14twpc3.jpg

Recall the waffle eating before dinner... or the laugh-out-loud Bommie version of Seo Tae Ji's remix.  Bom and CL celebrating like crazy girls in their apartment made us Blackjacks laugh with glee.

Over the course of 2010, Bom has really really worked on her stamina and stage confidence.  Remember the utter stupor we were all in when as a culmination of all that hard work as we watched Bom literally tear the house down with her featuring in Oh Yeah.  Blackjacks should be beaming with pride at the growth Bom has made and her amazing burst of charisma both for To Anyone promotions and with GD-Top.

GD_TOP_says_Oh_Yeah_with_Park_Bom_and_goes_High_High_on_Inkigayo_19122010022327.jpg

Ever heard of the songs Bommie was featured in before her 2NE1 debut, "We Belong Together" and "Forever With You"? The trio, having a history dated 4 years ago, is back, Big Bang's G-Dragon and TOP just dropped off their first album together last 26th and our precious Bommie is featured on one of their title track, "Oh Yeah".

”For any song, when Park Bom’s voice is added, it becomes a better song. It’s a great voice. If nuna doesn’t do it, our album can’t be released.” - G-Dragon

I agree with GD. With Bom's unique and superb vocals, the song "Oh Yeah" is definitely a great treat for the ears.

BOM LOVES THE FANS

Leave it to Bom to show YGL her love by tasting the cupcakes we delivered to the girls in LA (see here)!  Hopefully she really enjoyed them well!

Also, while in LA, several YGL members were able to meet and interact with the stunning lead vocal.

It was most definitely my day!!!  I got to park infront of the hotel & only had to wait an hour to get everyone's signature!  BEST of All the girls were so friendly and welcoming!  I was able to tell DARA to please eat and gain a little bit more weight.  Minzy what an amazing young lady she is and that I'm praying for more power/ success.  BOM how gorgeous she is and how she has a beautiful voice.  CL  you are the baddest female rapper and that you give me goose bump when you perform!!! Of course, I got to tell them all how much I LOVE THEM!!  All the girls would look at you when you're talking to them and really showed their love for us fans!  I'm truly impressed with them!!  exerpt from gladieator's fanaccount

My Impression of Bom: Bom surprised me, I instantly hit it off with her, she was so warm and inviting. Oh and she is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. Like off the richter scale stunning.  and its not just a pretty face, I think she has a confidence and a brightness that is very inviting and loving.  I was most comfortable with her.  Maybe because she understood my spazzisms, It was great.  She has some cute face expressions just in her natural talking.  She just is so cute... but also sexy.  So like I said it was Bom's idea to autograph over on this little table.  She made the cutest noises while signing (cuz my pen was complete FAIL).  Afterwards I thought they would just leave.  Nope.  Bom talked to me we chit chatted about Tae Yang, LA, them having fun, YGL, we laughed, we giggled, I felt like I was chatting with an cool acquaintance.  Then like I ran out of things to say and was just staring at all of them like a fool and started blushing in shyness. Bom was like "ohhhhh" here let me give you a hug.  I was so shocked I didn't even think about a hug (stupid me I would have let them leave without one.)  Then I hugged Dara and Minzy and I just saying so nice to meet you thanks for the autograph. BomJi gave me tiny waves as they got into their NICEEE SUV and they left. /sigh so awesome.

expert from tazanya's fanaccount

Bom: she's so BOMB! ♥ I think I have a girlcrush on her. LOL She's seriously beautiful, her cheeks are so cute! She was wearing the same outfit seen in Dara's M2D pics too ^-^ Agh, but really, she blew me away~!! ... So...not in my fancam: My friend asks Bom for a hug AND SHE HUGS BOMMIE >;[ So my other friend HUGS MINZY at the same time. And then I went to go hug Bommie too but she was walking too fast so T______T FML Ah welll T__T Then we said "bye" to them~!  She is my ultimate girl group bias! Ah Bommie <333  exerpt taken from simpleandpink's fanaccount

BOM IS AN ALIEN

Dubbed by fans as an alien goddess, this year has been jam-packed with "classic" Bommie moments.  Enjoy a last look at some of Bom's funny/cute/nutty/alien-like moments from 2010.

tumblr_le4en3STSi1qaamaio1_500.gif

2mzy1cn.jpg

Source: YGLadies.com. 2NE1TV, or as tagged

Article by Viscount @YGLadies.com with the help of the YGL team

Look out for Part 2 of the Special tommorrow :)

Dara's Recap

v5zeix.png

An End of the Year Special - 4D Goddess Dara Park in 2010!

This next 2NE1 member is probably the closest to the fans...know who already? No one else but 2NE1's fresh vocals, Sandara Park!

015x.png

Known as 2NE1's very own PR officer, Dara is also the certified Queen of Me2day! But more important than that, she's the glue that sticks the girls together. She's leader Chae-Rin's dorky "wifey," Bom's own punching bag/vitamin/"Park sister," and Minzy's chew toy and doting "unnie."

Aside from making sure that fans don't go without 2NE1 updates (even when the girls are on hiatus), Dara is also the sweet vocals that balances out the other girls' powerful voices. Her crazy hairstyles have made it to many news articles, and have been known to astonish, delight, and exasperate fans in turns.

w9cjs4.jpg

credit: San兔子 @Dara's baidu bar

But one cannot deny that while Dara seems to be their hairstylist's favorite playground, she still has the charm to carry off each weird hairstyle. Apart from that, her Bom also described her as the "Yoo Jae Suk" of the 2NE1 gang, as she never fails to create the cheerful atmosphere for the group.

Despite the wacky hairstyles, and ofttimes even wackier stage outfits, our 4D goddess saw her list of fanboys get longer and longer.

credit: Cherry84Addict @Youtube

Athletes, idols, singers, YGL staff, you name it, Dara has got it! Thanks for joining us as we see later just why this 4D dork has gained the admiration of many men (and women) in 2010.

4.gif

2NE1's Dara, Dara, Bright Dara

tumblr_lcaygb3tKd1qa4yqho1_500.gif

She's CL's wife, Bom's Park sister, and Minzy's fave unnie (shhh, don't tell Bommie though). But what exactly is Dara's role in 2NE1 this year?  Well for one thing, 2NE1 won't be complete without Dara's sweet voice to complement the other members' fierce and powerful vocals. Her soothing voice acted as the perfect complement to the other girls' in "It Hurts" and other songs from 2NE1's "To Anyone" album. 

Nobody can say that Dara didn't improve leaps and bounds this year, as she proved that she can step it up with the other girls, in terms of voice and dancing prowess. Although her voice might be considered "weak" by some, in the ears, eyes, and hearts of Blackjacks and the 2NE1 girls themselves, Dara's sweet voice completes 2NE1's music.

Let's also not forget Dara's role as 2NE1's #1 PR staff: with her 250,000+ followers she's established that she's the Queen of Me2day

mc9f9h.jpg

We think that Dara puts pride into being 2NE1's official PR person.  In her twelve-part Asiae interview, she  says that she's Dara-porter and proceeded to tell everyone about the scenes behind 2NE1's TTFM, never failing to put each of the 2NE1 girls in a spotlight of their own. She also updates frequently about the other members, like Bom's diet, CL's doodles, and Minzy dancing (yeah, Dara is even a Minzy stalker, especially when maknae practices dancing, keke).

Secret Minzy footage filmed by "Park PD"

http://www.ygladies....showtopic=15612

reuploaded by mygejnea@youtube

4.gif

YG Entertainment's Princess

President Yang Hyun-Suk agreed to buy a Princess bed for Dara's room. Does this solidfy her title as YGE's Princess? 

Dara is not only loved by the 2NE1 girls. She is loved by everyone in YGE and she loves them back. How? By promoting their activities of course!  2010 was the year of YG Mobilization and Dara was there to publicize it every step of the way.

2450fbr.gif

Expectations and talk exploded when YGE announced that Dara would be the main lead in MV for Big Bang member, TaeYang's title song, "I Need A Girl." The MV had two versions (with the first one taken down since sajangnim apparently wasn't satisfied with it), both of which Dara appeared in. But she didn't stop there. She also promoted his solo endeavors through tons of me2day updates, fueling Blackjacks to show their support to her labelmate. 

22_74717.jpg

When Se7en made his comeback, Dara also showed her support. Not only is Se7en a sunbaenim, he's also the boyfriend of her long-time close friend, and former YGE member, Park Han Byul. Dara along with the maknae, went to show their support for the recording of Se7en's comeback stage, and he had the pics to prove it. When Se7en got on me2day, he asked Dara for help in figuring things out, and of course, our Dara agreed. 

dara_me2day_with_gummy.jpg

Another sunbaenim also made her comeback this year. Power vocals, Gummy, made her successful comeback this year. Of course, me2day updates from our Goddess D abound, and she was even so sweet as to send flowers even when they were off doing some preparations for their comeback at that time. She and the rest of 2NE1 also went to watch Gummy's concert, to which we find out through her me2day.

21dara_1287477836_45867_me2photo.jpg

Because she knew where her strengths and her weaknesses lie, she never hesitated to go look for someone when she needed help. This time, she went to Big Bang's maknae, SeungRi for some tips when guesting in variety shows. From the looks of it, "Teacher" SeungRi was pretty much satisfied with how "student" Dara did on their Strong Heart guesting with Park sister, Bom.

Dara also showed support for other YG Family members. She went to the Korean premiere of animated movie, "Sammy," where Big Bang member, Dae-Sung dubbed the voice of Sammy, the turtle, along with the other Big Bang boys. She and the rest of YG Family also went to show support for Big Bang T.O.P. during his "Into The Fire" premiere. Of course, she was also there to cheer long-time friend, and fellow YG member, Goo Hye-Sun's first directing endeavor, Magic. She was also present for the premiere of other actresses like, Kang Hye-Jeong's "PROOF," and Gong Yoo and Im Soo-Jeong's "Finding Mr. Destiny," for which Gummy sang the OST.

YG President, Yang Hyun-Suk is also fond of Dara. He teased her about her hair during 2NE1TV Season 1, and this year, he told Dara not to cry during CN shooting, and also teased her and CL during dance practice. Looks like YG is used to teasing Dara, she revealed in her Asiae interview that:

”President Yang Hyun Seok and the members consoled me after watching ‘Family Outing’. Do you know what they said? President Yang said ‘Dara, it’s okay. It’s because you did so bad.’ and the members said ‘You were so cute, you looked so little just sitting there beside them. ..That is consolation right? (laughs)”

In fact, Blackjacks were ale to learn many revealing things from Dara's own words this year:

both Funny,

”Because of our weight management, we were never allowed to eat anything fatty or oily. But you know how it is, if you’re not allowed to eat it just makes you want to eat more. The members and I used to secretly go out and eat a row of gimbap, or eat things like bread and chocolate in the bathrooms.”

and a little sad.

"It seems like there are a couple of guys who have said I'm their ideal types. I saw those shows too. But for some reason they don't contact me? I've even asked myself 'Why don't they contact me?'. I don't think I'm very popular. Even those close to me don't show me interest, although I'm always with my managers. It's a shame."

2010 was certainly an eventful year for Dara both on and off the stage in and out of the studio.  Who else is looking forward to what our Goddess will do in 2011?  We leave you with a wonderful compilation of "Hyper Dara" moments from 2010, courtesy of Cherry84Addict  @youtube:

Source: YGLadies.com. 2NE1TV, or as tagged

Article by Viscount and Knucklepink @YGLadies.com with the help of the YGL team

EDIT -- even though I used the spoiler tag, the post was too image heavy so I will just wait a bit then post the maknaes

ah it's been a great year for the girls, let's all wish for a greater year in 2011! ^^

The new CF's so cute!

I love CL's blond hair, she's so bright! That color really suits her ^^ (even though black looks HOT on her ahah)

Guest tazanya

Sorry for splitting them up.  Anyhoo here are teh maknaes CL and Minzy.. enjoy

CL's Recap

v5zeix.png

End of the Year Special - The One, The Only Lee Chaerin in 2010!

The next 2NE1 member to be profiled is none other than her Royal Badness... CL!

02316.png

"Leadership is ultimately about creating a way for people to contribute to making something extraordinary happen."  In 2010, CL quietly and without fanfare, led 2NE1 to even greater heights.  As an individual, she showed professionalism and maturity beyond her years both in Korea and abroad.  2010 saw the girls traveling to Japan, Los Angeles (twice!), London, and Thailand.  Our Chaerin never seemed worried though? She was always poised and charismatic regardless of the country.  

Music companies tend to exaggerate the language abilities of its stars, but in CL's case her profile is right on target.  From Korean to Japanese to English to French she can comfortably converse in interviews and is able to bring her overseas fans closer, since they don't have to translate as much.

ASIANISM : 2NE1 Thailand First Launching 

Who could forget when Asianism, a Thai enteratinment company, released one of the first interviews of the girls in English.  We were amazed with CL's ability to effortlessly respond to questions in clear English punctuated with a bit of slang, used CORRECTLY.  From fan accounts of the recent Seoul Tokyo Festival we also have heard that her Japanese is just as spot-on.  With overseas aspirations for 2011, CL's multilingual skills will be a wonderful asset to legitimizing them in other countries.

tumblr_l8inx5DjH41qad25zo1_500.png

Aside from just leading the group, CL also motivated herself outide of her comfort zone this year.  Most notably, she added CL the actress to her already long list of credentials.  As a novice actress, CL was understandably nervous as she took on the lead role in Go Away.  Although the debate still rages on as to what exactly happened in the end, there is no debate that CL did an outstanding job as the fierce, yet heartbroken, heroine of the video.  In fact, the scene where she is slapped repeatedly is so intense and well-acted it is nearly painful to watch. Classifieds all over raged through online social media about that scene.  

Go Away MV BTS 

http://www.dailymoti...m=embed&start=0

Credit: RAS

CL probably wished she was merely filming an MV on September 14, 2010.  With promotions for To Anyone just getting into high gear, 2NE1 rushed from one recording to another.

2zf1q2c.png

credit crazycami @ygladies

The rainy weather made the stage for the Hallyu Festival wet and several artists including CL fell during their performances.  CL later told reporters that she was  very disappointed with herself that day as she also made a mistake with a few lyrics.

credit: hunniey0711 @YT

After watching the clip of her fall and the corresponding BTS from 2NE1tv you will notice two things.  First, CL fell very hard, so hard that she limped back to their van and had to have her hand taped up.  However, on stage, she jumped up lightening fast and finished the performance flawlessly.  Even non-fans commented on her professionalism under this painful situation.  It's these seemingly small acts of poise under pressure that make CL the great leader she is. Her openness about the incident, further highlights her ability to accept the past and use the knowledge she has gained from her mistakes to insure success in the future.

58.png

CL: The Shy Beauty

Vogue: Who has told you lately that you are beautiful?

CL: Haha. I don't really hear it that much. I meant it's something I always want to hear.

Source Vogue Girl; Translation by orangie @ygladies

In 2009, CL was the "Baddest Female" sexy in a tomboyish way; a glorious spitfire who, along with the other members, were ushering in a new era of fierce girl groups.  Now in 2010, CL is still powerful and strong, but she seems to have fully embraced her budding beauty.  Maybe it was the increased closeness to J.Scott, or the blonder and blonder hair, but in 2010, the already gorgeous CL, became positively BREATHTAKING.

27zkzzs.jpg

She made waves in marvelous campaign for Etude.

60647166.png

credit Aleena @ygladies

She became BFF's with international designer Jeremy Scott.  CL even recently posing with the him in a model-perfect shoot for Harper's Bizarre Korea. 

2mdj5mr.jpg

CR: White Star @YGLadies

Speaking of posing, CL was a revelation in Allure earlier this year.

v41laf.jpg

It boggles the mind how anyone with two working eyes can consider CL anything short of stunning.  Hopefully, No matter, Blackjacks will tell her everyday, we will shout it off the rooftops all over the world so noone forgets.

58.png

CL: The Nurturer

CL isn't a dictator to 2NE1, rather she warmly encourages and nurtures them.  Her craft-loving side is just another wonderful dimension to this multi-faceted young lady.  Despite Mr. YG's seeming confusion with the cute doll CL made for his daughter, we can clearly see that CL shows her affection very sweetly.

tumblr_lcn6bjw2Qg1qa4yqho1_500.gif

Chae-Rin and Dara, popularly known as 2NE1's "married couple" made it official in the first season of 2NE1TV. This year, our couple showed more skinships (with CL usually putting her arm or hands on Dara's waist or shoulder) and more genuine concern for each other.

4vrcax.jpg

credit WhiteStar @ygladies

1zg8ebt.jpg

credit Minzy_ah @ygladies

Through 2NE1tv we really were able to see all of the cute and funny interactions between CL and the other girls.  Who could forget CL and Minzy's hilarious selcas during a brief break between schedules.  Or in Jeju Island, when CL catches her eye on Bom's glorious yellow hat and tries to take it for herself.  This year CL grew even closer to the other girls, it would not be wrong to say they are getting more and more like true sisters every day.

58.png

CL: She Loves Blackjacks

This year saw the increase in rumors of CL's coldness.  Even amongst Blackjacks, some were led to believe that CL is not warm or friendly.  While she may not be as overtly bubbly with fans, she has shown through subtle actions just how much she adores her fans.  As we were writing this article Dara me2'd a cute series discussing just this topic.

Whassup?! ^.^ I'm the CL Fanclub President, Dara! (__) Ke ke do you know that CL-sshi is totally cute?? If you only see her on stage, she seems very chic but you know that she's not regularly like that right? She's a very cute and warm kid! Although, since she's computer illiterate she hasn't had many chances to communicate with fans and she doesn't express herself often either but.. ke she's not like that on the inside ke a while ago. 

On Christmas day, she seemed to have received a present and letter from some fans, she's always thankful but the day after, she was extremely emotional ke She came to me extremely embarassed and asked, "Unni, I'm so thankful, how should I say it? I don't know how to express myself.. I feel ticklish inside! >.<" Doodoong... ke ke ke Total cutie pie!!! ke ke ke

After that, she ran away to her own room! Ke ke ke that facial expression and her eyes... ke Let's think of it like I, as CL's president, saw it on everyone's behalf! ^_^V Also, I thought about writing a hand-written letter that would be easy for Chaerin to read! Our CL-sshi who always displays mind-blowing charm~ where does that girl's charm end?

who says she's not friendly, she just doesn't know how to express her feelings. kkkkk.  Not to mention, YGL is jam-packed with fanaccounts of people meeting face to face with CL and how nice and accommodating she is.

Lastly, in CL's own words:

"We agree with comments saying that we're different. We are truly different in many ways, starting from our image. (Laughs) I think of it as a good thing. It's just that we're different, not that we're wrong." Excerpt from a Nate article here.
 CL you are amazing, just the way you are....

credit iloveleechaerin @YT

Source: YGLadies.com. 2NE1TV, Wikipedia, or as tagged

Article bytazanya @YGLadies.com with the help of paper chasin' crazyxcami, aleena, minzy_ah and the YGL team] :)

Minzy's Recap

v5zeix.png

End of the Year Special - She's Bad, She's Good, She's Hood: It's Gong Minzy in 2010

No Special on the 2NE1 ladies would be complete without spending some time talking about the team maknae, Minzy!

01235.png

Thinking back on what kind of year it was for Minzy, the best word that fits it is "FULLFILLED".  2010 has been the year that Minzy was able to fulfill many of her dreams and to grow into the budding superstar we all know she can be.  It is always a risk entering the entertainment industry at such a young age. Will the person thrive or crumble under the intense daily pressure of celebrity life?  

23v0xp5.jpg

After a year and a half of fame, Blackjacks can tell that Minzy is thriving.  Although she has much more potential, she never fails to give us her full effort when she hits the stage; and off-stage, she is the elegant/frank/lovable/shy/cute young lady that has endeared herself to our collective hearts.

58.png

Not Just a Dancing Queen

In 2009, Minzy solidified her image as the dancing maknae of 2NE1.  Her popping and leg splits for Fire performances were showstoppers and showcased Minzy's dancing skills.   2010 though was about showing her other talents, especially her singing.    

Minzy Cuts from 2NE1's Broken Hearted Girl Cover

credit hellyeahMinzy @YT

For whatever reasons, many people thought that Minzy was not that strong of a singer.  However, the mindblowing cover of Brokenhearted Girl with her 2NE1 unnies opened people's eyes.  She went on to pop those eyes out of their sockets with her flawless live singing for It Hurts promotions.

30uwym8.jpg

No longer just the dancing maknae, she is becoming more and more acknowledged for her multiple talents and blossoming beauty.

2h5jwvk.jpg

Everyone was taking notice of Minzy in 2010.  Early in the year, Ceci Korea Magazine held a voting poll for 2010 Idol Award - Best Maknae of idol groups.   Minzy got the highest votes from a list of idols that included:  Wonder Girls SoHee, KARA’s JiYoung, 4Minute’s SoHyun, SNSD’s SeoHyun, T-ara’s JiYeon, After School’s UEE, and f(x)’s Krystal.  

CREDITS:TOKCHAE @ egloos 

REUPLOADED:  kazzzyness @ Youtube 

She was also honored by Mnet in August of 2010 as the #1 Dance Idol.  There seems to be no end to the accolades being heaped on Minzy.  

minzyhair2010.png

Finally, it seems even the stylists took more notice of Minzy this year.  When we think of hair we usually think of Dara or Bom, but this year, Minzy saw her fair share of unique hairstyles and hair colors.  From red to black, to black with purple streaks, to orange, the stylists were really adventurous with her look.  While we're talking about her look, she really has started to grow into such a beautiful young lady.  Her smiling eyes are simply gorgeous.

204mxl.jpg

v7b250.jpg

206znrr.jpg

From cute, to sexy, to elegant, Minzy is becoming a chameleon of many looks and wonderful young lady.  It's amazing that she is managing to stay humble and poised despite the increasing attention.

58.png

Her First Solo Stage

Seems like Mr. YG also took extra notice of Minzy this year.  Many Minjas had lamented the fact that Minzy was the only member of 2NE1 who had yet to have a solo stage (aside from the two "dance battle" stages).  Those comments must have reached the president because lo and behold, Minzy not only got her solo stage, she was the one and only member of 2NE1 to have their very own stage at the YG Family Concert.

Full Clip

credit: hotpinkmallows @YT

HQ Close-up

credit: me

For those unfamiliar with older YG artists, Minzy is performing Novice/Amateur by former Queen of YG, Lexy, (an amazingly talented solo diva from the early '00s).  When Minzy first stepped on the stage, the crowed was stunned.  The fact that she then proceeds to own the stage like it was made for her really impressed the older YG Family fans.  

syxmxz.jpg

The concert also showed how fun spirited she is as she whipped around the stage during performances and the free-for-all encores.  Minzy was like a kid in a candy store feeding off the love and cheers from the crowd.  More than anything though, the YG Family concert will have lasting importance for Minzy as it confirmed what we all knew...Minzy can hold her own on stage, all by her little self.  Of course she is perfect in 2NE1, but is a solo digital single or mini-album out of the question?

58.png

Inspired By Her Heroes

Since YG released the predebut video of Minzy covering Fergie's Here I Come, we have known that Minzy LOOOOOVVVVVEEES all thing Black Eyed Peas.  Her two most famous dances are probably Boom Boom Pow on Chocolate and Imma Be on Inkigayo.  

30j1e3d.jpg

So imagine what Minzy must have felt not only meeting her heroes but RECORDING with them.  Who could forget the the super long hug she gave Fergie in London, or the smile she had when Will.i.am. called her "Minji!" multiple times. Minzy was in pure heaven with another of her dreams not only coming true, but beyond any of her imaginations.

29fb58i.png

On the last night of their second trip to LA, the momentousness of what she had accomplished overwhelmed her to tears.  Even in tears, her level headed maturity cannot be disguised.  Moreover, her graciousness in thanking everyone who has helped her to achieve her goals was very touching.

In addition to Black Eyed Peas, Minzy has many times mentioned that Micheal Jackson was one of her heroes.  

Maknae Minji said "I like Rihanna, but as my role model: Michael Jackson." She said, "The charisma that he has makes people tear when he is just standing."
 This year she was able to tribute MJ.

Relive the Epic Thriller Stage

credit: SHINeeTimes2 @YT

We can only imagine that she was immensely honored to pay tribute to MJ's Thriller in a joint stage last Halloween.

vfeh45.jpg

What makes this collaboration more special: Minzy is the only girl.  That is right! She goes head-to-head or rather toe-to-toe with some of K-pop's best male dancers: SHINee's Taemin, 2PM's Chansung and Wooyoung, and Beast's KiKwang.  Minzy isn't just some wallflower either - she dances as hard and intense as the boys and holds her own dead center.

58.png

Minzy Has Famous Friends

Over and over we Blackjacks hear that 2NE1 is unfriendly and doesn't hang out with others.  The overall impression of 2NE1 is that offstage they are secluded from others and only befriend YG Familiy artists.  Leave it to Minzy to not only end this myth, but destroy it.   Minzy is a member of 문미엔 (Moonmien), which stands for “Christian meeting for culture media entertainment workers.”  It has small scale worships and prayer meetings. 

zjt5yr.jpg

Choi Siwon's Twitter

The group consists of Christian idols and actors from almost every major entertainment company, but especially SME, JYP, SIdis, and YG.  That means that Minzy REGULARLY meets and fellowships with idols from many different groups. Guess 2NE1 has famous friends after all.

f2ogab.jpg

In additional, Sones and Blackjacks alike were stunned to read Minzy's To Anyone Thank You's which included thanks to SNSD’s SooyoungTiffanyYoonA, and Hyoyeon, as well as f(x)'s Luna and solo cutie IU.  To include these girls in her Thank You's, she must be very close.  Hopefully, the fans can learn by her example and strive to get along better with those out side of their fandoms.

58.png

The Reserved Beauty Greets Her Fans

We all know Minzy is shy.  Even among 2NE1, she is a bit more reserved, though that is changing quickly.  However, with fans, she is gracious and elegant, smiling sweetly to make them feel less nervous.  She is also very very pretty in person as many YGLers can attest to.

Anyhow, I've been saying it forever but gorgeous girls be GORGEOUS.

Minzy: wearing the same outfit as seen in Dara's Me2Day pics :] I can't believe this girl is younger than me. I want to call her "Unnie" so bad ahaha~! She looks so mature and her heels made her taller than me~ smexy maknae XD

vlcsnap2010062512h40m42.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKycIOnW5c

Minzy's autograph to me -> http://twitpic.com/1zs7kr

Let me spazz some more about this lovely maknae, yeah? Her outfit was seriously cute and fashionable. I thought she stepped off some red carpet event lol~ Also, I totally forgot that I wanted to speak to her in Japanese T_T Aish...but you can see that my friend asked if they're having fun in LA :]]] 

excerpt from simpleandpinks fanaccount HERE

My impression of Minzy:  ... She was seriously the most elegant demure, doll-like being. her skin is luminescent.  Her hair was so healthy and full and framed her face lovely.  She was like a princess seriously.  I don't think its shyness because she came forward and she was not awkward.  She had a Chanel clutch and was very confident.  I don't think she is that shy, I just thing she is elegant, so its hard to like be casual with her.  That why to me now she is definitely womanly.  Oh she is also tiny, like small, not one mm of chubbiness.  One word to describe her Empress-like. (yeah not really one word).  

excerpt from my fanaccount HERE

2010082022177799331.jpg

Plus, what YGLer can forget the Pink Play Concert?  Watching Minzy perform in a ring specially made for her from YGL was one of the highlights of the year for YGL.  It also goes to show that Minzy, and 2NE1 as well, appreciate the fans, though they may not be as overt in their fanservice as other idol groups. That is just one more thing that makes them special.

[Minzy had a wonderful 2010, and we know there will be even more wonderful things in store for her in 2011.

Source: YGLadies.com. 2NE1TV, akp, or as tagged

Article by tazanya @YGLadies.com with the help of paper chasin' wasabee, aleena, minzy_ah and the YGL team :)

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

where can i watch strong heart with the park sisters? with eng sub plz and last episode of 2ne1tv as well

thankz Tazanya for the recaps.

Happy new year BlackJacks

Guest anayuson

this is quite random but I was watching Secret Garden and the guy mentioned that he wants to dance with Sandara and not Baek Ji Young! lol here the clip : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgbpht_sec13a_auto#from=embed around 9:22 min

Was it me, or was Minzy really really good in the "Oh Yeah" performance? Her voice really suited the song as much as Bom's did. And CL...Goodness she was really good as well. Loved all of the performance and I am looking forward to their Japanese debut. I do hope that they start a new trend, like debuting with NEW songs and not redoing their old ones. It would be a nice change. Totally excited!!

Archived