►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest thnjiuy

SNSD and 2ne1, two of the strongest girl groups will battle it out with each other this November.

Considered one of the most popular girl group in Korea, SNSD will be releasing their third mini album "Hoot" this 27th of October. It has been 7 months since their last album release in Korea. They released their 2nd album repacked last March and they have debuted in Japan after they will be releasing their 2nd Japanese single this 20th of October promoting in both Korea and Japan at the same time.

SNSD made a surprising announcement of their comeback with their "Hoot" mini album release, now 2ne1 has been fiercely dominating the industry.

2ne1 released their first full album on the 9th of September announcing 3 title songs "cant nobody", "go away" and "clap your hands", So far they have won 4 times in a row in SBS "Inkigayo" and in mnet "M!countdown" also winning 3 times in a row in KBS "Music Bank". they have been leading in the music industry with their new album.

2ne1 will be continuing to promote their 1st full album this November and they are expected to have follow up promotions.

2ne1's agency said, "We will be promoting follow up songs this November however we have not reached a final decision yet on which songs to perform next. We will try our best to give different songs to offer to the fans. We will be continuing 2ne1's promotions this November."

July last year, SNSD and 2ne1 also came head to head with 2ne1's "I dont care" and SNSD's "Genie". 2ne1 won for 5 weeks in a row in KBS "Music Bank" with I dont care".

SNSD debuted in 2007 and have been successful in their career. 2ne1 are receiving much attention despite being rookies and debuted only last 2009. 2ne1 first released "fire" as a digital single then released "I dont care" in their first mini album and they have been successful since.

This year, 2 of the most popular girl group's in Korea will be promoting at the same time once again. 2ne1 has been sweeping awards taking over the "rookie awards" last year, they have emerged to be strong competition to SNSD.

Both groups have different personalties and charms and a lot of fans are looking forward to SNSD and 2ne1. Their meeting on stage once again have become a huge attraction to fans and seems to be the biggest event this fall.

Source: Starnews

Credits: blueprincess824 @ dkpopnews.net

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ lol, dara's srs face. aigoo, can we get some bom selcas please? not that i don't love dara, but how often do we get an update from bom!? the past updates have all been about her other half xP

^ oh? november promo? yay! we waited over a year for 2NE1 comeback, 2 months promo was not enough. hm, unless they release a new mini/album/repackage, i don't think they'll be in competition. it's unlikely they will 'win' anything w/o the sales. but i'm happy just to see 2NE1 on stage again, with something new.

which of the girls speak English? It sounds like CL and Bom speak the pretty fluent, while Minzy seems least... and I don't think I've heard Dara yet.

dara learned english when she was in the philippines, i think she has that 'accent'. you can hear her speak in eng in this random old vid. yes, minzy isn't fluent, but i think her enunciation is okay.

please dont compare snsd with 2ne1. snsd have more advantages for example they have 9 members

and have strong media support and they are making popular music not hip hop and r&b unlike 2ne1 and at last they pull fans litle more than 2ne1 2ne1 have their own special fan base and when they debuted in us ı m sure this will increase more and more all over the world.. ı love and proud of 2ne1 as a die hard fan of them :wub:

Guest Shiroiyuki

I'm usually just a lurker in this thread but since I feel the need that what i'm going to say right now is important, I decided to post here (for the first time)

Ellen DeGeneres will hold an international music interview on her show so please vote for 2NE1!!! Here is the link:

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/01/your_international_music_suggestions_0121.php

Just fill up the form and we're good to go!!

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE~!

Oh OH! I wonder what the follow up track is going to be... *crosses fingers for "It Hurts"* but really, I loved all songs on To Anyone so I'll be happy with whatever they choose.

& I just voted for 2ne1 on ellen. :)

edit: I just found these & dont think they've been posted yet.

40143_136489053067562_136477496402051_176508_3116384_n.jpg

40143_136489056400895_136477496402051_176509_4760944_n.jpg

40143_136489066400894_136477496402051_176512_2907340_n.jpg

credit: Aimee Lee Lucas Fanpage @ Facebook

Guest funkdreamer

Wow!!! follow up promos?! I really wanna see them sing It hurts and I'm Busy ahhaha! Really, they only have 3 other songs, how difficult is it to choose which to promo lol. About the competition, no doubt its fierce and since 2NE1 has been out for a month already, I think fans are just gonna snag the NEW music.

Guest thesassygirl2

which of the girls speak English? It sounds like CL and Bom speak the pretty fluent, while Minzy seems least... and I don't think I've heard Dara yet.

CL is considered the most fluent. her accent is better than bom's. dara knows english but it wouldn't say it's fluent; she makes a lot of grammar mistakes. her pronunciation is bad because she learned english in the philippines. minzy doesn't know any english because she's never formally studied it.

Does anyone know when they're planning to release the songs the worked on w/ will.i.am? are they saving it for their US debut?

Guest hayakatsu

CL is considered the most fluent. her accent is better than bom's. dara knows english but it wouldn't say it's fluent; she makes a lot of grammar mistakes. her pronunciation is bad because she learned english in the philippines. minzy doesn't know any english because she's never formally studied it.

actually, both CL and BOM are the most fluent in english and they have great accents. BOM's accent is perfect actually, it's just less clear than CL's and she prefers to speak in korean while CL doesn't really care. while DARA isn't as fluent as the other two, her pronunciation is fine. she just has a very thick filipino accent is all. pinoys have great pronunciation, btw. what did you mean by that? lol^^ and MINZY has a better accent and pronunciation than DARA although she is the least fluent and hasn't formally learned english, like you said. she is learning tho. so it's all cool.

----------

btw, FOLLOW UP PROMO??? i vote Love is OUCH!!!! YG hear me out! keke^^

Guest toozdae08

^

I'm hoping for LOVE IS OUCH too. Loving the mess out of that song.

And you're right about the girls fluency. Bom is probably more fluent than CL since she's lived partially in the US. CL is pretty fluent but she went to international school most of her life. Dara is pretty fluent too but not as much as the other Bom and CL and there is nothing wrong with her Filipino accent. Minzy has a good accent but knows the least english.

Guest crashpurple

Does anyone know when they're planning to release the songs the worked on w/ will.i.am? are they saving it for their US debut?

hmmm grammar mistakes and bad pronunciation for dara? and PI is blamed for it? ouch! If memory serves me right, true she is not "fluent" in english we call it "baluktot english" but I guess it still ends up with the question similar to what I had at a speaking test "how did she learn english? and how did she maintain her fluency?"...To sum it up they CAN speak english considering it is not their first language :ph34r::sweatingbullets:

Guest itszmaeee

I take it as you mean by you think CL is considered the most fluent for you, right? Bom and CL are both fluent in english and both have better pronounciation skills. Dara can understand english and can speak minimal english either. It's not because she lived in the Philippines that she makes mistakes due to her "bad" pronounciation skills, but rather the fact that she doesn't speak it as much. She spoke mostly English while she lived there because she didn't know how to speak Tagalog at that time. Minzy probably learned and understand a bit of english by now. She may not be good good at it, but I'm pretty sure she can keep up.

and FYI, Philippines knows more english and can actually speak and understand it [though some are crooked english yada yada] than the other asian countries.

Anyways just to keeep away from the language drama creeping up on this thread, I made some screencaps from 2NE1 TV S2 EP 6! We're 4 episodes away before the season is over. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

72137992.jpg

56128697.jpg

91512158.jpg

62402817.jpg

94559982.jpg

47008657.jpg

66454170.jpg

77192458.jpg

23311280.jpg

32641379.jpg

Uh Lol. People here speak with an impeccable English accent. Haha. Jokes. Okay, maybe not but we're not bad. I'm pretty sure Dara's English comprehension is as good as CL's but yes, her pronunciation is a little off.

It isn't quite obvious now but Dara was a huge introvert. She had been living in the Philippines for 11 years by the time she joined Star Circle Quest but she could barely form a sentence. With her circumstances, I could remember thinking how unusual it was for such a person. Normally a foreigner staying that long in the country would even be fluent in Filipino already. Lol. Turns out it was because she barely spoke with people. So rarely that they even thought she was mute. Kinda the opposite from the Dara we know now, right? The only thing that has probably not changed is her accent. Its always been kinda unique. it just doesn't sound right in any language--even in Korean. Lols.

You girls should watch Star Circle Quest, you'll learn a lot about her past.

Trivia: When Dara was 19, she already had 11 boyfriends. ROFL.

Guest toozdae08

^

Seriously? How? I thought she was mute?

Guess she's a boy killer.

All I have to say is Play on, Player!!

I would post my Taeyang Get It gif.

I'm going to watch that tonight.

summerdamsel - Umm can you please edit out that line about the boyfriends? People here will misunderstand. Dara was kidding when she said that. Those guys were just people she exchanged cellphone texts with and we all know her obsession with SMS-ing people from Win Win. It wasn't anything serious but she called them her boyfriends anyway.

About Dara's English, she's pretty fluent and can definitely hold a conversation. Didn't you guys see Bom say on 2NE1TV that [Dara's] English is really good, too? People seem to underestimate Dara's fluency because of her thick Philippine accent. Actually, when she joined SCQ, she mostly spoke in English because that's what she learned first and she barely knew any Tagalog. As time passed by though, Dara became so fluent in Tagalog that she reached a native's level and when I hear her nowadays, her Tagalog sounds perfect, accent and everything.

toozdae08 v  As far as I know, she had one serious boyfriend which lasted quite a long time.

Archived