►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest polka_dotts

WTF, no full album and only a mini album? And in the SUMMER too? Damn. That's john teshed up, YG. So much for them returning in May. I still really hope they do, though.

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaejoongsgirl<3

what? i was upset mini-album during the summer? what happen to the full length album? and since its summer they probably wont release it until after the world cup ends which is July 11th...ughhh.....

Guest fiyfly

Everyone, just take a breath. It'll all work out. I highly doubt YG's actually going to release the album during the WC - it'll probably come after, which means another round of waiting, but what's another two months from when it was thought there might be a May release? And I'm not going to take the "mini-album" thing seriously just yet as YGE has a tendency to change its mind closer to release dates. I'm just glad there's a date to actually look towards and "hopefully" will stick. And I personally think it's fine that the girls' album is pushed back if it means their two sunbaes get to release earlier as those two have really been waiting for a long time to promote.

I personally am looking forward to the Corby concert - FINALLY a live performance of TTFM where ALL the girls will be there. And they'll actually dance! :) And thank you to everyone who's been posting the me2day posts and translations - very, very much appreciated as usual.

Guest maxim16
:o i am disappointed........a bit? nope..BIGTIME! we've been waiting for this since october and what? YG stated that the girls will release a mini album...wth! i thought its going to be full length..oh my <_< i will give YG a chance...if he will pull any surprises before the end of May, he is forgiven, lol. i trust YG regarding his business tactics but this one, tsk tsk tsk...unless YG will release another online song before the album and start the girls' activities in the music shows. we need them back as soon as possible.

Having announced that Se7en will be returning in June, YG Entertainment has gone one step further by revealing comeback plans for Gummy, Big Bang and 2NE1.

Gummy who last released an album with a feature by T.O.P. in 2008 will be returning in early May with her new mini-album.

2NE1 meanwhile will make their comeback this summer with a new mini-album and it will have a different charm from 2NE1’s usual music.

And finally the news that everyone is waiting for, “Although Big Bang did not release a new album in Korea last year, they will release a new mini-album this summer and near the end of the year. After Big Bang’s new album has been released, member Taeyang’s new solo album will be revealed as well.”

Allkpop

Well, we can't exactly be mad at YG since he never gave a confirmed date of when 2NE1 was coming back. There were articles written about when 2NE1 would comeback but nothing came from YG himself. Relax guys. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit annoyed with the constant changes in dates with YG. He said Se7en would come back may or June and it's June. And we also have Gummy to look forward to this May.

Biggest question for me is, why are they coming back with another mini-album? WTH?

Guest itszmaeee

Allkpop

Well, we can't exactly be mad at YG since he never gave a confirmed date of when 2NE1 was coming back. There were articles written about when 2NE1 would comeback but nothing came from YG himself. Relax guys. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit annoyed with the constant changes in dates with YG. He said Se7en would come back may or June and it's June. And we also have Gummy to look forward to this May.

Biggest question for me is, why are they coming back with another mini-album? WTH?

I don't think StarNews would release an unconfirmed report unless they had a talk with YGE. YGE already confirmed SE7EN's comeback and in that same article, they talked about the rest of the YG artists. An article doesn't have to look like it's unconfirmed just because you don't see the "A YG representative said this and that".

And about the mini album. I'm pissed off. You and I, Kiss remix, please don't go, try to copy me is basically the mini album already. Only about 3-4 new songs are probably going to be there.

I don't think StarNews would release an unconfirmed report unless they had a talk with YGE. YGE already confirmed SE7EN's comeback and in that same article, they talked about the rest of the YG artists. An article doesn't have to look like it's unconfirmed just because you don't see the "A YG representative said this and that".

And about the mini album. I'm pissed off. You and I, Kiss remix, please don't go, try to copy me is basically the mini album already. Only about 3-4 new songs are probably going to be there.

IDK who released it at the time since it wasn't stated from where I read it, but there has been more than one article stating 2NE1's comeback in 3 different months (all wrong apparently). I could deal with the absence of the girls from the music scene if they were at least doing some kind of variety show. Do 2ne1tv 2 at least!

Guest itszmaeee

IDK who released it at the time since it wasn't stated from where I read it, but there has been more than one article stating 2NE1's comeback in 3 different months (all wrong apparently). I could deal with the absence of the girls from the music scene if they were at least doing some kind of variety show. Do 2ne1tv 2 at least!

Same here. I don't care how long it would take for the girls to make their long awaited comeback, but at least do a variety show, appear on radio shows etc. I don't get why YG would hide the girls from everyone just cause he's worried that their 'image' might get damage or overused or whatever. This is why compared to others, 2NE1 is like a shark in an ocean. Only hangs around the same people because if they hang out with others, they'll end up eating those few others that are not their own kind. In 2NE1's case, they hang around YG FAM, but if they try to hang or talk with other celebs, it ends up looking like they're awkward with each other. Gosh I feel so 2NE1 deprived right now.

Guest vetrina

Same question here!

I really thought that 2ne1's coming back with a full length album like what was previously written. But anyway, whatever they come up with I'm 101% down with it!!! Wohooo hwaiting!

And please Daddy YG, put up 2ne1TV again!!!

Guest shantewillie

Great.

I listen to their 1st mini album in the car.

I was looking forward to see them comeback.

Now, it going to be in the summer with another mini album.

We heard four songs already.

That means they going to have another comeback song with 4 brand new songs.

That will be a total of 9 songs.

Anyways, I am so annoy right now.

I got to agree with the rest of you

that have voice out in your opinions

on YG style of promoting his artistes.

Sometimes it does gets

me on my nerves.

I would prefer if he really comes

out & give the closes exact dates

of his artistes' comeback once & for all,

rather than reading those articles

that have 50-50 possibility.

Surely LEE HYORI got inspired by 2NE1 also Lady GAGA! did you guys noticed when 2NE1 came in K-pop industry the clothings and stlye in k-pop started to changed! Before, all the girl groups in Korea are all cute+shy and only sexy type. BUT when 2ne1 came FIERCE girls started to show!!!!......2NE1 has changed the industry of k-pop figure when they debuted!

2ne1 is the fashion icon of KOREA!

Please do not mention or discuss other artists on this thread.

Guest albeitalways

PLEASE DO NOT MENTION OTHER ARTISTS' NAME IN THIS THREAD.

This is what causes fan bashing, you do realize that other people who aren't 2ne1 fans might have a different opinion on that? God, is it so hard to read the rules? If you want other people to respect 2ne1 don't act like crazy fans.

edit: I'm glad edward has already spotted it.

on to the news:

2NE1 meanwhile will make their comeback this summer with a new mini-album and it will have a different charm from 2NE1’s usual music. akp

Summer that means either July or August. I hope it's July, but I doubt it. A mini-album? D: I thought they were supposed to release their first full-length album already

Guest vulgarchic

Hmmm a mini-album. I wonder why.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of all the YG artists and there's whole lot of effery happening with everyone's albums, not just

2NE1's. I'm not going all crazy over it though because I expected all of this. I don't mind waiting for any of the albums but I hate the fact that YGE keeps on spitting out all these different dates. I would much rather not hear anything at all until a teaser is a revelead. I don't get the point of talking about releasing an album at a certain time and then changing your mind multiple times. This is what causes some fans to be non-fans.

Anway, I look forward to 2NE1's album whether it's a full or mini. Either way, it's gonna have new songs on it so that's all good with me. As long as they get enough time to promote. I'm kind of glad they're releasing later on as well since there's such an influx of groups right now it's giving me a headache lol

Their album better be good to make us wait for so long though xD I wonder what they'll be doing till summer then.... Release a new single? or just carry on with endorsements to keep their name in the game?

Guest Banana Peel

Basically 2NE1 will be the last YG artists to release a mini album during the summer? Taeyang, Big Bang, Gummy, 2NE1, and SE7EN are all releasing mini albums which completely does not make sense because YG freaking stated that 2NE1 is releasing a FULL ALBUM not a MINI ALBUM. It seems to me that we're gonna have to wait 2 or more months for the actual comeback date and 'mini album' release from the girls. I'm fed up by YG now, seriously. YG's strategies are getting old. Who releases an album or albumsssssss during the world cup? Bad idea. If he fails, I'll laugh and throw a party. Just kidding but I'll definitely laugh though. haha. I'm done with YG's crap. He only knows how to talk but doesn't even take action to it. The girls even said on interviews that they are working on a full album. YG, I'm sorry I love your artists and your company but I've decided to throw the F bomb at you.

LOL, ugh I feel the same way as you <_< man, I'm super duper uber disappointed at another delay in their "mini" album. If he at least said it was going to be a FULL album, I'd of course understand his decision, but a mini album and a 2 more months of waiting? (and who knows if it'll get delayed further back). *face palm* please yg, don't do this to us T_______T AT least let them go on some variety shows.

Guest NV4ever

i just read the YG announcement @allkpop~~ and my eyes litterally popped out when i read " mini-album and summer"~!!! WTH IS THIS YG???? u promised us a FULL ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the way till summer?? dang it...im angry and sad rite now~~we've been waiting for soo long...and u didnt even at least give us a full album of the girls? wat's up with tat??

okiee...im a little calm right now~~ but summer? tat's wayy too long...but can we expect some special stages for 2NE1 and BB, since they both gonna comeback around the same time one after the other~~ hope so :lol:

I think YG will have the girls promote a single first, then have full comeback with the mini-album. Just like wat he did

last year with Fire then IDC promotions!!! i just want the girls to releases anything rite now, go on some shows perhaps? i miss them soo much!!!!

Guest sryche

i am really hoping that dara would gain a lot of weight before their debut. she looks good if she earns a few extra pounds. should eat more

I rarely post here for many reasons but i'm starting to get fed up with some people's comments over the past few months concerning 2ne1's and other yg artist's comeback.

First, i want to state that YGE has never given an exact date, which means all the other months, seasons, w/e they have mentioned for the girl's comeback is TENTATIVE. I understand everyone's frustration but please realize that no one has ever told us an exact date so we have no reason to "hate on YG" Almost all of YGE announcements about comebacks are general and no one can predict set backs and delays. It's mostly us fans HOPING for this month or that month to be "the comeback" month. In my opinion, YG isnt purposely telling us about comebacks and delaying to keep teasing us. I think he just wants to inform us that they are working on their albums but series of events and conflicts happen at the most unexpected times; it's just that we dont know about them since we aren't in YGE.

Second, i'm glad YG is planning on releasing mostly mini albums for all of his artists. There's less than 3/4 of the year left and he wants to promote roughly 5-6 albums this year. It's absolutely pointless to have full albums if each artist/ group is only going to promote for a couple of months; not only will they not be able to promote other songs on their albums but conflicting promo schedules will cause issues. YG knows what he's doing whether we like it or not, he has years of experience and almost all of his artists have been extremely successful. Also, he's already learned his lesson about conflicting promo schedules so he's taking precautions.

Third, the issue with the girls and se7en promoting during the world cup. I think its a great idea mainly because almost all of the other companies are scared to death to take the "risk". I think YGE has lots of confidence in their music that it really doesnt matter when they release songs. take BB olympic comeback for example. Also, i find it almost ridiculous at how many other artists are coming back in these next two months... i'd rather have the girls promote when they aren't always being compared to some other artist/group but rather promoting their music as music not as a competition.

O.O wow that was lengthy..i have more to say but i might drag this page out haha. everyone just needs to calm down and just let things happen. it's not like our anger and frustration will make YG scared and he'll release some half-assed made albums. Just be glad that YG is willingly to even inform us what his artists are doing music wise and aren't bumming around.

-edit- @ itszmaeee as a fan i really would love to have the girls on variety shows, heck who doesn't? I'd hate to say it but our girls aren't really variety show material. Remember the FO fiasco and how outrageous some fans were reacting because dara didnt get enough camera time? The only logical reason she didnt get much air time is because she just didnt have many variety show worthy moments. I'm sure the staff was not biased against her because they are the ones who invited her. Dara herself said that she just wasnt comfortable with new people and being on the spot, so imagine how more awkward it would be for the other girls.

Also others have been asking for a 2ne1TV 2 but the girls have absolutely nothing new to show. They aren't promoting anything right now or for the past few months. Since they don't even have any new songs out they can't really show any perfs. The only option is to watch the girls exercise and practice. Actually we wouldn't even be able to see much footage of them practicing because they haven't released their album yet. so basically they don't really have much interesting stuff they can show because they aren't active

Thank You naly26! you took the words right out of my mouth...just take a deep breath everybody! maybe YGE wants to promote all the songs on the mini albums or something...iono...but it's worth the wait right? I mean like Naly26 said, YGE itself never gave an exact date, they even said the albums might get push back or something so lets all just take every thing with a grain of salt ok?

c'mon this is YGE we're talking about and it's a risk us fans are willing to take for becoming a YGE fan. it means we have to wait longer than other fans for albums to come out or non set release dates. I know every body has the right to be angry and annoyed at YGE but yea like I said it's a risk we're willing to take right cuz we know that when it comes time to release albums and songs YGE artists are so worth it!

so everybody even if it's a full album or mini album just be happy that it's an actual album with quality music...

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT NO MATTER HOW LONG...

Guest ameeh

2ne1's comeback is still in summer and another min-album..:/. huhu.. i hope in the future they'll release an album for 2ne1..

by the way, here's an update on 2ne1's standing on MYX daily Chart (philippines)

today they're up on 2nd spot.

67tutk.jpg

april 12, 2010

http://chartcentral.frihost.net/cc/index.php

also, pls. vote for 2ne1's song on this site. can only vote once in an hour.

Archived