[Movie 2009] Jeon Woo Chi 전우치

Guest avinn

Guest Fallin_st4rz

parin og ISY and KDW! waw i like that been missing Im Soo since Misa :)was hopin this wud b a drama instead of a movie, anyhow still lookin forward to it^^

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest subduing mara

Hiiii everyone... i just found Jeon Woo Chi upcoming project published in Korean Cinema 2008..on KOFIC official website ....wondering if JWC in a poster here is our Kang Dong Won? He looks so cool with old sward standing over the sky bridge!! ... Do you think it was him since his face was hidden in dark shadow and look pretty shorter than his height ( perhaps it resulted by the low-camera angle? ) so i am not sure if it was him, anyway... i like it a lot!!

koreancinema20081jwcpag.jpg

koreancinema20081jwcpage.jpg

source: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/index.jsp

Hiiii everyone... i just found Jeon Woo Chi upcoming project published in Korean Cinema 2008..on KOFIC official website ....wondering if JWC in a poster here is our Kang Dong Won? He looks so cool with old sward standing over the sky bridge!! ... Do you think it was him since his face was hidden in dark shadow and look pretty shorter than his height ( perhaps it resulted by the low-camera angle? ) so i am not sure if it was him, anyway... i like it a lot!!

source: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/index.jsp

It's most likely KDW, I think, since he's the superhero and that looks like a superhero pose to me :D. If that's a still from the actual film, then I'm even more excited now - it looks like it'll have great cinematography, which is always important to me. Oh my goodness, FINALLY we're getting something for Jeon Woo Chi. Hopefully we'll get some more stills and a trailer out soon!

Guest avinn

I guess that was him. From a distance his figure kind of accentuates the pride, confidence and success of the mission. It seems like he's gonna use that look-alike Aikido sword to fight the monster. COOL pic!! Wondering how the real poster will look like... B)

• 2 weeks later...

April 4, 2009

This thread was previously started by Huangsy; presently changed to avinn at the first post to maintain & update with related info.

Everyone please keep posting & continue sharing. ^^

Guest sang_woo_always

I was wondering when we're gnna hear more abt this! I love these two!

Miss them! hopefully we get something like more pics or news soon!

Guest iluvjin

This movie sounds very interesting!! I miss Im Soo Jung haven't seen her in a movie for so long!!! I haven't seen Kang Dong Won for a long time too!!

Guest avinn

Based on the latest sources that I found from OSEN News dated 21 Feb 2009, (it's an interview with Kim Yun Seok) the shooting was targetted to finish in March. Since now it's already April, I believe the management has started with the post production work by now.

Guest syille

^

wow..

cant wait till it done.

I so much in love with sad eyes, lets see if JWC can made me fall in love with him too :lol:

argh...why it should take a long time to made it :P

thanks for the update Amy *hugs*

Guest kdramafanusa

Based on the latest sources that I found from OSEN News dated 21 Feb 2009, (it's an interview with Kim Yun Seok) the shooting was targetted to finish in March. Since now it's already April, I believe the management has started with the post production work by now.

According to news articles, this is definitely one of the most anticipated movies. There will definitely be lots of information, we just have to be extra patient. :)

Guest subduing mara

first time i saw JWC on the first entry :D !! Hellow syllie, avinn and all .. it's April already but still no news -*- I often visit this thread almost everyday with hope to see if there are any pics or trailers but none T_T .. such a long wait til now .. i really miss KDW ^^"

Guest avinn

According to news articles, this is definitely one of the most anticipated movies. There will definitely be lots of information, we just have to be extra patient. :)

Choi Dong Hun is one out of three famous director in Korea in which people have been longing to see his precious masterpiece.

One of the fact that I believe JWC is highly anticipated is due to the genre itself. Superhero's action, saving the loved ones, fighting demon/monster; with all these stuff the movie would turn out incredibly amazing.

Guest avinn

It's an old coverage..

Korea Pair Prepare Superhero Film

Choi, Lee team on 'Jeon woo chi'

By HAN SUNHEE

30 April 2008

SEOUL -- Choi Dong-hoon, helmer of last year's breakout hit "Tazza," and producer Lee Eugene ("Voice of a Murderer") have greenlit a superhero action movie that is set to be one of the biggest Korean films of the next year.

Superhero in the pic, tentatively titled "Jeon woo chi," is a cursed Taoist magician released 500 years after his imprisonment in a portrait to cure the evils of the modern age. Choi's script adapts and modernizes an anonymous work from the Chosun Dynasty.

Lee and Choi have assembled a top cast headed by Kang Dong-won ("M"), Lim Su-jeong ("I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK") and Kim Yoon-suk in his first major role since this year's smash hit "The Chaser." He plays a dangerous, evil spirit.

Lee's Zip Cinema is producing on a budget of $10 million; lensing is set to start in August, with a release tentatively skedded for summer 2009.

source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798486...ry=jeon+woo+chi

• 1 month later...
Guest subduing mara

Finally, we got something to celebrate!! ... After a long time waiting, there are some news and JWC posters released today!! ... My heart is heavily beating, so exciting!! A brief translation was posted by avinn in KDW thread so i will repost here too ..

KDW had lots of physical suffering and losing his weights for 5 kgs during 8 months from action trainings and Joen Woo Chi filmings

20090519110513840f31113.jpg

Kang and Im stars of the movie 'jeonwoochi' (Directed by Choi Dong Hun) were filming the last part in Philippines on May 18, 2009.

The super project movie which cost 100 billion won has been in the production stage for 8 months which started filming in September last year. They have carried out filming earlier in several places in Korea namely Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Cheorwon, Jeonju and Iksan.

There were also car chase scene, wire action scene were done in Gangnam, Myeong-dong, Insa-dong. However they have experienced a hard time with the traffic control and it even make it difficult to shoot as the crowd gathered in downtown of Seoul during the film shot.

Most of the main actors who have been shooting for the action scene have suffered physically. It is also said that Kang Dong Won has lost weight of 5kg due to the wire action scene/training.

JWC is scheduled to be screened in this second half year .. A movie not only received a warm welcome from demestic market, but from the Int'l markets as well..

credit: lococo@asiae.co.kr, 19 May 2009 , http://news.cyworld.com/view/20090519n04551

trans by avinn@soompi

more pic

35333618.jpg

28474455.jpg

*editted*

Just cant stop .. there are another JWC poster .. I need to see at least a trailer now, only a second is fine ... JWC poster is very unique and create some sense of mysteries by its compositions and dark-green color themes...

34229156.jpg

Beware Wizard is coming in Winter 2009!!!

Nooooo.... why it postponed to Winter ... I am dying to see it now!!!

Guest avinn

It seems like the movie has to be delayed until December 2009. Well, it's gonna be one of the biggest Christmas present then.. :)

The shooting takes longer than we ever expected. I really wanna see this badly as I wanna see how good Korea can work with the CG in this high-tech action movie. At least it would worth the undivided effort of the team members.

Please tell me that they'll at least release some teaser stills or something. I don't think I'm going to last until December waiting for this movie. This is also really off-topic but they spelled "beware" wrong on the poster. The spelling nazi in me is a little frustrated by that lol.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS

Korean Cinematography Booms on High-quality, Lucrative Productions

[2009-05-21]

7017_69_l.jpg

Korean cinematography has been thriving recently as more movies continue to draw scores of viewers to theaters, bringing in impressive revenues and receiving positive feedback both from domestic and foreign critics. As more viewers these days are attaching more importance to the uniqueness of movies rather than their scale, Korean movies are expected to continue to enjoy popularity for the time being. But some have voiced concerns that their success could be short-lived because many Hollywood blockbusters are set to open later this year.

The Korean film market remained stagnant in the first three months of the year despite the success of “Speed Scandal” and “Old Partner,” which opened this past December and January, respectively. The number of viewers during that period plummeted 19 percent from the same period a year ago, according to the Korean Film Council. Viewers began paying attention to domestic movies again around mid-April, when several hits including “Thirst” opened.

Domestic movies drew more than two million viewers in the first five months of last year, but there were only two movies -- “The Chaser” and “The Best Moment Of Our Lives” -- that produced impressive results. This year, however, there are five movies that are likely to keep the domestic film industry afloat -- “Speed Scandal,” “A Frozen Flower,” “Old Partner,” “Secret Couple” and “Thirst.” The latter drew significant attention for the impressive acting of Song Kang-ho and Kim Ok-bin and for receiving an invitation to the Cannes International Film festival. “Thirst” and the comedy movie “Secret Couple” managed to beat even Hollywood blockbusters such as “Knowing,” “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” and “Star Trek XI,” which cost 10 times as much to produce.

Kang Hyo-mi from First Look, which oversees the promotion of “Secret Couple,” says though it’s a given that large-scale foreign productions typically receive a larger response, viewers seem to base their choices on the uniqueness of movies rather than on their scale. She added that Korean movies that are fun to watch and that stand apart from other productions have received a favorable response from viewers so far.

It is also worth mentioning that domestic movies that have become hits so far have received positive feedback even from film critics and are diverse in terms of genre. “Speed Scandal” and “Secret Couple” have struck a chord with viewers with their humorous plots, characters with distinctive personalities and the impressive acting of their casts, unlike the movies of the early 2000s, which evoked laughter with obscene language and the comical behavior of their characters.

“Old Partner,” which was underestimated by many, proved the great potential of independent films, while “Thirst” turned out to be a huge success despite its complexity. Other domestic films that have contributed to drawing more than one million viewers so far include the detective movie “Private Eye,” which is set in the period of the Japanese colonization of Korea; the thriller “Insa-dong Scandal” about conspiracy in the art circles; and another thriller “The Scam,” which deals with stock manipulations. These movies mark a new chapter in the history of Korean cinematography, which until recently focused mostly on provocative subjects such as organized crime.

The surging popularity of Korean movies overseas is further proof of their high quality. Ten Korean movies have been invited to this year’s Cannes International Film Festival, including “Thirst” (Competition) “Mother” (Un Certain Regard) and “Like You Know It All” (Director‘s Week). That’s the largest number of Korean film invitees to date, and they have all received rave reviews from foreign media.

But despite the recent boom in the domestic film industry, its future remains obscure. The comedy movie “Castaway On The Moon,” which opened last weekend, lost the spotlight to the Hollywood blockbuster “Angels & Demons,” while director Bong Jun-ho’s new production “Mother,” which opens May 28, will have to compete with “Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins.”

Things could be more challenging in the second half of the year, when domestic films will have to compete with a number of Hollywood blockbusters such as “Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen,” “Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince” and “G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra.” Domestic productions slated for opening in the second half of the year include the nation’s first disaster blockbuster “Haeundae,” which is to open later this year; “Jeon Woo-chi” from director Choi Dong-hoon, who gained recognition for his previous movie “The War Of Flower”; and “National Athlete” (tentative title) from Kim Yong-hwa, whose movie “200 Pounds Beauty” was a big hit. It remains to be seen if they will manage to steal the spotlight from their Hollywood rivals.

Domestic film experts agree that the future of domestic cinematography will be determined by the contents of movies. Film critic Kim Bong-seok says up to now Korean movies have failed to draw viewers because they were not fun to watch, and that the reason behind the popularity of recent hits “Speed Scandal” and “Secret Couple” is none other than their "fun plots." He also added that “Mother” by Bong Jun-ho stands a high chance of succeeding because Bong produces films that appeal to the public. He stresses that it is of primary importance to resolve internal problems in the domestic film industry and produce high-quality movies, because the future of Korean cinematography rests in the hands of viewers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ayayano

Oh it's been delayed to December? Have to wait paiently... ^_^*

The main casts are wonderful. Unfortunately, I don't recognize the supporting casts... The supporting casts are always extremely important to make a movie perfect, so I hope they're great actors and actresses as well!

Guest Greener

I'm wating Im Soo Jung and Kang Dong Won's Come back. My favorite actor and actress, they disapper in the movie and drama.

December, i wish will see them again and together.

Archived