Monash University Students!

Guest AsOne

Guest annabananna_

a random question for all ..

anybody doing functions & its applications at clayton ? it's a maths subject and i don't know anybody who's doing it T__T

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I've already enrolled in 4/6 compulsory core units for Sem 1 but I really want to do a Korean elective, somehow. My course advisor on enrolment day wasn't very helpful and said that I was thinking too far by asking about taking up either an elective/minor/major in Korean.. :|

Anyone know how I can go about this?

I'm doing Biz at Caulfield.. ;)

apply for a diploma of languages through the arts department, it will extend your course to 4 years though, because you'd have to do a total of 6 Korean units.

otherwise, you get two electives outside of your business course that you can choose from any department, and you can do those whenever you want.

so you could do 3 compulsory core units + 1 Korean elective per semester this year.

course advisors have no idea -_-

apply for a diploma of languages through the arts department, it will extend your course to 4 years though, because you'd have to do a total of 6 Korean units.

otherwise, you get two electives outside of your business course that you can choose from any department, and you can do those whenever you want.

so you could do 3 compulsory core units + 1 Korean elective per semester this year.

course advisors have no idea -_-

Yeah I wanted to do those as electives but apparently when I 'tried' signing for lets say KOR1010 on WES, they said it wasn't available.. Or is there another prerequisite? If not I'd just go through with my 4 enrolled units for this sem and then start Korean as an elective in Sem 2.. Do they offer beginner Korean every sem?

Thank you smashy for your help ;) I really appreciate it.

Ditto about course advisors. <_<

Guest iloveyellow

Hi everyone, I'm based at the Berwick campus. Does anyone know if tutorials are on, on the first week of semester?

TIA

Guest smashy

You'll need to head to your department office for an enrolment amendment form, then head to languages (4th or 5th floor menzies building) and get approval from someone up there, and then go to arts on 2nd floor for their 'stamp' of approval before going back to your own department office.

They only offer unit 1 in sem 1, and unit 2 in sem 2, that is you can do Korean 1 only in semester 1 of every year.

If not your timetable, check unit outlines on MUSO, they usually have a tutorial schedule.

parking at monash clayton was horrible today, took more than half an hour to find a spot T_T

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kimkyu

You'll need to head to your department office for an enrolment amendment form, then head to languages (4th or 5th floor menzies building) and get approval from someone up there, and then go to arts on 2nd floor for their 'stamp' of approval before going back to your own department office.

They only offer unit 1 in sem 1, and unit 2 in sem 2, that is you can do Korean 1 only in semester 1 of every year.

If not your timetable, check unit outlines on MUSO, they usually have a tutorial schedule.

parking at monash clayton was horrible today, took more than half an hour to find a spot T_T

Hi, thank you for your reply <3

I actually tried emailing the Buseco faculty with the enquiry and at first they told me I could take Korean 1 in Sem 2 -_-

Anyway, I emailed the unit leader and she agreed to give me a placement test since I had some basics done already, though the learning duration here is twice of what I had back home xD

She eventually interviewed me with this book and asked me to read + translate this excerpt @_@ OMG I almost died, lol.

But I passed and thank God I can now take Korean 2 in Sem 2.. :D

It was a total mess but phew, I managed to pull through, thank you for your help :)

• 1 month later...

Exam timetables came out two days ago!!

Mine are on 12th, 16th, 18th and 22nd of June. woo~ finishing a week earlier :) How are everyone else's?

Guest msmilkt

captivation !

i think you were in my japanese tutorial today LOL

i do japanese too!!

what level do you do? lol

and just a question .. if we do higher levels of language units does that mean we can become a certified interpreter? or how does it work? lolol

i think casual interpreters get paid a lot don`t they? like in hospitals and at centrelink ..

^1st July?!

damn and i thought i was bad ..

17th, 24th, 25th and 29th ><;;

its because of chinese. and im like itching to fly up to sydney xD

but yeah, i guess i dont have to fly up on the day of the jay concert so im not complaining .. as such (:

so who's going to asean ball?

if you are, see you there lol

haha. ill be there. remember to shout out to that short asian girl xP

Guest lli_a

i do japanese too!!

what level do you do? lol

ive just started.. doing level one loll

so who's going to asean ball?

if you are, see you there lol

ooh im going :)

Guest msmilkt

ive just started.. doing level one loll

lolllllll~~~

SAME!! but i don`t think i`ve seen you around T_T maybe because there are just so many people studying japanese mans .__.

anyone from soompi studying Business Management (HRM/OB 2nd yr units) at Clayton?

i have a 3000 word essay due for OB on Wednesday, kill me please lol

Archived