20 Character Rule Violation

dot1q

[edit] Apparently, many people were confused with the original post so this message has been revised to the following :

13. MINIMUM POST LENGTH

Posts must be 20 characters or longer. DO NOT circumvent this rule by posting "20 characters" or the like.

But some topics only require short answers??? Either don't respond to them OR post something constructive thats related to the topic at hand.

Example : Who likes apple pie? 500 people respond yes, no, maybe, etc. The purpose for such a topic? None; its useless UNLESS at least those who respond give a reason as to why they like it or don't like it. The point is, you can ALWAYS come up with something more than just a useless one word reply.

Starting from today, anyone violating the 20 character rule will be warned 20% for each offense.

(as a reminder... don't forget the signature rule violation announcement made last week as well.)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TunaTin

What do you mean by 'broken'?

Because I typed a short reply, without knowing how many characters it had and then an information thing popped up telling me that it was too short and then I went back and typed more.

I can't remember 'breaking' this 20 character rule though... :huh:

Unless I forgot.

xx

Guest xiaochingu.

oh shoot oh shoot my username is on the list .__.

i'll pay attention to my replies from now on, but just a question

i thought there was a function that would stop you from posting

if it was shorter than 20 characters...is that not enabled anymore?

Thank goodness I'm not on that list

But how is that possible when the thing pops up saying u can't :huh:

Easy. Read the bold below.

13. MINIMUM POST LENGTH

Posts must be 20 characters or longer. DO NOT circumvent this rule by posting "20 characters" or the like.

Guest girl3744

Thank god I'm not on the list... *phew*

It seems like the warning is almost too scary that I MUST take a look at the list... :sweatingbullets:

Oh tartar sauce! I see my name on the list 3 times :ph34r: and I'm pretty sure it's because I quoted a few members who said such things like "Already posted" or "This is breaking x rule."

AHHH! LOOK AWAY!!!! :runs in shame:

Guest jaeners

Wow, I was worried that I was on there, but I guess not. YAYAYAY! I'll make sure I don't break the rule still, hahah. x:

Guest soyabeangirl16

does anyone mind explaining how someone could be on that list if there's a board message for responses less than 20 charcters?

Archived