[Movie 2009] Mother 마더

utkim

Guest jhing

OMG!!! I am so happy am actually in tears! hahaha I've waited for this for like 3-4 years. Finally, my beloved WB is back. OMG! Thanks rubie for the English news!

This sounds like a major tearjerker and WB's type of movie.

*does the happy dance* hahaha

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cjgohan2003

Wow, I haven't seen Won Bin since "My Brother" and "Friends", in which neither flicks were that enjoyable. Hopefully his comeback role will prove to fare better than his past projects.

Guest sl33p1n6b34uty

i think binnie needs to stop being in movies that make me cry lol

but too bad i love him for all those great movies

i can't wait for this one!

OMG!!! I am so happy am actually in tears! hahaha I've waited for this for like 3-4 years. Finally, my beloved WB is back. OMG! Thanks rubie for the English news!

This sounds like a major tearjerker and WB's type of movie.

*does the happy dance* hahaha

Hi Aomniji, jhing! ^^ twitchfilm has a good vibe on it, too.

Apr 07,2008

This Man Is Happy Because His Film Has A Cast.

Details On Bong Joon-Ho’s MOTHER …

Posted by Todd Brown at 11:46pm

2008040710591997501_110333_0.jpg

Bong Joon-Ho is a busy, busy man. Since wrapping up his huge international hit The Host he’s done his bit for the three part anthology Tokyo, he’s prepping his big budget graphic novel adaptation Snow Train with Park Chan-Wook on board to produce, and he’s rapidly gearing up his next feature, Mother. What’s it about? It’s about an antisocial outcast framed for murder because, frankly, he’s the sort of guy only a mother could love. And his mother does love him and so, in the face of indifference and hostility the older woman sets out to find the real killer and prover her child’s innocence. In Bong’s hands this should be pure gold.

And now we have both mother and son. According to Variety Asia Bong has cast veteran actress Kim Hye-Ja as the mother and Won Bin - in his first major role since breaking out in Taegukgi - as the son. Very nice choices, both.

Source: twitchfilm.net, image from Yonhap News via yahoo.kr

Guest mimerita

segye.com 2008.04.08

Won Bin returns to entertainment with "Mother" after finishing military service

20080408000492_0.jpg

The hero of the movie "Taegukgi" Won Bin will return to the screens in 4 years through director Bong Junho's new movie "Mother."

Won Bin will play the role of the son of middle-age actress Kim Haeja in the movie of director Bong Junho, who has been acknowledged by the high quality of his work and the audience value. Won Bin will act as a 28 year old man who is too virtuous and naive compared to his age.

After serving the military and coming back, Won Bin has taken deliberate steps in choosing his next movie, despite numerous offers, and the fact that he chose Bong Junho's movie can be understood as his willingness to remain as a professional actor rather than a star.

"Mother," which will be filmed starting this fall, will be about a son who is accused of murder, and his mother who does everything she can to free her son from such accusations. The movie is planned to be released by the beginning of next year.

Souce: www.segye.com

Guest kdramafanusa

...''I want to make the saddest yet most beautiful crime drama ever," Bong said. "At the center of this story is a small and weak mother who stands alone, a woman so determined that she can't even stop herself.''

Will we see another tearjearker like actor Jo Seung-woo & actress Kim Mi-sook's "Marathon"? :tears:

Filming will start this Fall. It's planned for release early (1st half of) next year.

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...mp;curtype=read

http://isplus.joins.com/enter/star/200804/...0002010401.html

-----

** Actress Kim Hye-ja **

Born in Seoul in 1941

Graduated from Ehwa Women's University majoring in living art

Debuted in show business in 1962

Works

Dramas: "A Rural Diary," "A Sand Castle," "Winter haze," "The Sea of Mother," "What is love?" and "Roses and Bean Sprouts"

Films: "In Late Fall" and "Mayonnaise"

Plays: "19 and 80" and "Shirley Valentine"

her work also include family drama 'Ever Since i know you ' , and now she is currently in the KBS drama ' When mon get upset' . i heard about director Bong Joon Ho new movie project 'mother ' eariler this year , was wondering who he will include in his cast [ i loved all his previous three movies and casting in them ^^ ] .~ so now the casting is confirmed . she always been more of a happy go lucky mother in the dramas i watch. , i look forward to see how she will protray the mother in this movie which is the centre focus of the theme of the script .

.i read before director bong intend to make a most bittersweet movie .and showing the strenght of a vulnerable mother for her son . i think it will be a great movie to look forward to .especially since now he has Won bin in his casting

Guest jhing

Rubie! Rita! as always, thank you for the news! This movie will rock. I just know it.

So they start filming this fall and the target release date is early next year? A few months wait but that's nothing to me now. haha If I was able to wait 3-4 years then a few months should be a piece of cake. lol

At least we'll have news updates and photos from set (stalkerazzis should take care of that for us) to keep the excitement alive till the movie finally comes out.

Guest jhing

For some reason I want his look here to be just like his look in My Brother. The semi bald look with his "scar" showing for everyone to see. haha His scar is hotness! lol

Guest mimerita

The semi bald look with his scar is exclusive for his role in "My Brother". (j/k) ^^

Actually, if no scar, this hair style looks like the one he has in his old drama "Kkokji".

So, he already has similar hairstyle in two of his works. I hope no more this style.

Guest jhing

^^ hehe exclusive only for My Brother? I haven't seen Kkokji since it's so hard to get a hold of any copy of that drama. Am sure whatever haircut he'll don here it would be a hit. lol But I much prefer it really if he stays away from the long-hair do like the one in Ad Madness. haha

Wow..another Bong Joon Ho movie and two most awesome cast.. :rolleyes:

I am so looking forward to the movie!..(like Director Bong puts it..'.. saddest yet most beautiful crime drama ever..'..)

Sounds like Won Bin in 'My Brother'..cool~..

Guest Yehbaby

Won Bin returns to entertainment with "Mother" after finishing military service

The hero of the movie "Taegukgi" Won Bin will return to the screens in 4 years through director Bong Junho's new movie "Mother."

[......]

After serving the military and coming back, Won Bin has taken deliberate steps in choosing his next movie, despite numerous offers, and the fact that he chose Bong Junho's movie can be understood as his willingness to remain as a professional actor rather than a star.

and that's an excellent decision on Wonbin's part. i respect him more for choosing a challenging film role as his return project.

Will we see another tearjearker like actor Jo Seung-woo & actress Kim Mi-sook's "Marathon"? :tears:

oh, that was a good movie with touching potrayal of a 'mother-son' relationship. Wonbin can totally play vulnerable, he can play the pure-hearted younger brother/son that you just want to protect so much. he did it so well in "Taegukgi"....both him and JDG made the movie so moving. i believe he'll nail this movie too.

Archived