[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluemoon1st

Here's the translation for ep 69 preview:

Saebyuk in Orphanage: Was there no one who looked for me? Is there no one who could tell me why a four year old girl was crying alone by the sea?

Soobin: Pick up the phone! PICK UP THE PHONE!!

Saebyuk sees Hose by the swings: Hose!

Hose: This must be the place where you grew up.

Soobin: Kang Hose, I'm going to let everyone know how bad of a person you are.

Taepoong drunk: Saebyuk, I like you. Can't you like me back too? Can't you?

Saebyuk to Hose: I really want to find the people I love.

Hose: Then let's turn back time and go back to when you were four years old, and when I was nine years old.

Stay tuned for the summary of ep 68...

thank you for the translation of the Preview :)

Wow Aug05, i am going green with envy....the number of birthday wishes!!!!!

Guest vballer87

From the ep 69 preview:

Saebyuk in Orphanage: Was there no one who looked for me? Is there no one who could tell me why a four year old girl was crying alone by the sea?

Btw, I think this is a HUGE hint that SB is the long lost daughter of Nayoung's mom. Didn't they say that their child drowned?

Guest bluemoon1st

From the ep 69 preview:

Btw, I think this is a HUGE hint that SB is the long lost daughter of Nayoung's mom. Didn't they say that their child drowned?

Yep, i was thinking along that line too..

Guest kyotoji

O... i only got to know this now... Is there any mention in the drama episode? Which episode? i must have missed this since i am watching the raw version.

*my korean still beginner's stage. :P *

Guest piano4112000

Wow thanks again vballer87, just saw the preview for episode 69 can I just say wow. I hope Soo Bin doesn't find them and ruin a perfect day. I must say I do feel bad for TP but when a person doesnt love you there's nothing you can do.

Guest aybeedee

omg episode 69 looks super good because i see more hose and saebyuk together!!! WOOH!!! :)

soobin is a freak i tell you!! so scary?!? i wonder when she'll let go of hose...

i feel bad for Taepoong :'( he is such a sweet guy

anyways cant wait for tomorrow!!!! more hose and saebyuk!!! :D

Guest mrbui

i feel so bad for tepoong...i like him.

but now i think hose will be a Nah'boyfriend

when i'm watching this drama, i like Tepoong, he's sweet but..Nah like Hose

dam it!!!!

Guest akaiito

actually at the beginning of YAMD Soo Bin looks beautiful but now i think they have done another makeup to her - She looks so .... with burning eyes and such thin lips :D

Thanks everyone for the links and translations...

I wish there was someway that I can view these episodes with English subs

Soshified is asking alot with the 50 post at least 30 is reasonable but 50? :crazy:

I joined Soompi in "06" and I still don't have 50 post...

Does anyone know where they have English subtitles of this drama?

It must be somewhere...

Thanks everyone for the links and translations...

I wish there was someway that I can view these episodes with English subs

Soshified is asking alot with the 50 post at least 30 is reasonable but 50? :crazy:

I joined Soompi in "06" and I still don't have 50 post...

Does anyone know where they have English subtitles of this drama?

It must be somewhere...

There are eng subs to the drama but they are really behind. The links are on the first post.

I don't think 50 posts are that much, but that's just me. some people think it's a lot, but some people don't.

if you think about it, soshified is for snsd fans, and they are subbing the entire series and not just yoona cuts, so people should be thankful.

Guest sw33tlove2008

i have a question so within the 2 weeks starting from august 8-24 there will be no shows from KBS, MBC, and SBS?? Because of the Olympics??? i heard that somewhere... man that is going to be sadddddddddddddd... no shows..???

Here's the translation for ep 69 preview:

Saebyuk to Hose: I really want to find the people I love.

Hose: Then let's turn back time and go back to when you were four years old, and when I was nine years old.

Sorry to cut the post but, on the preview, it says she was born 1989

but kang hose is 28

9-4=5

28-5=23

2008-1989=19

but 19+1=20

*because of korean age*

so...is she 23 or 20?

Guest vballer87

Whew, just finished translating ep. 68. Warning: it is super long! I decided to translate directly all of the important dialogues and summarize the side stories. I probably won't translate word-for-word everytime, but since I had time today i thought I might as well Also, if you want translations of the preview for ep 69, scroll back a few pages, i've posted it somewhere. Also, since this one is really long, i decided not to put it in spoilers since it's kind of annoying to move your mouse over such a long thing. So please, if you don't want to find out what happens in ep 68, don't read this post. Thanks. Enjoy!

Ep 68:

First Scene:

*Hose makes SB run as soon as he sees his mom*

Hose: Is there another door to leave from here?

Waitress: Huh? Yeah there's a back door...

Hose: Thank you.

HS mom talks to herself: Jang Saebyuk, is this how you've been meeting with Hose all this time? You evil girl...just watch, when you come, I won't leave you alone.

*Hose and SB run through the kitchen*

SB: Hose!!

HS: Please let me explain later..get in the car.

*in the parking lot*

SB: What are you doing?? What kind of behavior is this as soon as you meet me?

HS: I'm sorry, there was no time to explain. My mom came to this cafe to meet with you.

SB: Huh?

HS: My mom must have seen the text message you sent me.

*SB looks into the window and sees HS's mom*

HS: Get in the car.

*in the car*

HS: If my mom had seen you, there would've been chaos for sure. I thought it was better to just avoid such trouble.

SB: You know why I asked to meet with you, right?

HS: It was an empty room so I thought might as well...

SB: Do you think that makes sense? *returns apartment card to him* I have no reason to accept this from you.

HS: Saebyuk...

SB: No matter what kind of intentions you have, I find this really burdensome, and it hurts my pride. Please don't do this again.

*saebyuk is about to leave the car, but HS holds her arm*

HS: Then you shouldn't make me so worried! At least appear to be happy and laugh in front of me!

SB: If you didn't do this, I wouldn't have had to run away like this and appear like a sinner in front of your mom.

*SB leaves and HS agonizes over her*

*Hose's mom comes out of the cafe*

HS Mom talks to herself: Jang Saebyuk, you didn't show up today, but do you think I'll just let you go?

Second scene:

Ahjumma looks at SB's dark room: Why isn't she home yet? It's scary traveling alone at night.

*HS mom waiting in her car by TP's house*

HS Mom talking to herself: I heard Jang Saebyuk lives near TP's house. Did she come home yet?

*HS mom sees SB walking alone and honks and SB turns around*

HS Mom: Get in the car! What are you doing? Get in the car!

*SB slowly gets in the car*

SB: If you're here because of the text message, please don't misunderstand. I met with HS because I had to return something to him.

HS mom: For a girl like you, why would you need to return something to Hose? If anything, you're probably enticing him again. You thought I wouldn't know? Your heart is crooked.

SB: Aren't your words too severe?

HS mom: Shut your mouth. Since you're a poor orphan girl, that family even let you work at the Lohas firm, but they're all blind. From now on, I want you to act like you're dead and disappear. Don't ever show up in front of me or Hose or hinder him. You got it? If you got it, then get out of the car.

*SB gets out and Ahjumma happens to see them*

*Hose's mom throws SB's white bag out of the car and Ahjumma sees everything*

A: Saebyuk!

SB: Ahjumma...

A: What's going on? Isn't that the wife of Lohas' firm director?

SB: Nothing...there was just a small misunderstanding..it's really nothing

A: Alright, you go inside first. I have to go somewhere first.

*HS mom driving*: SB, that impudent girl.

*HS mom gets a call from Ahjumma*: Taeyoung's mom, why are you calling?

Scene three:

*Ahjumma and HS mom meet*

A: I'll be honest with you. I just saw you throw SB's bag out of the car. Why did you do that?

HS mom: Did you call me out merely to find that out? Do I have to report everything to you?

A: As I've told you before, I think of SB as my own daughter. If it's something I need to scold her for, I'll scold her. But don't torment her just because she has no family. I'll leave now...

HS Mom: Wait, I heard that she received a cornea transplant from Nayoung? If I may say something, I think you're confusing SB as your own daughter as if she's alive.

A: HS mom!

HS: If that isn't the case, then what is it? You don't even know how she grew up, she hasn't been raised properly, and yet you're thankful to a shallow girl like her?

A: Be careful of what you say. She didn't grow up well? She's shallow? Before you criticize another child, pay attention to your own son. He's a grown up man, but look at how he's chasing after a weak girl like SB and making you feel anxious!

HS mom: Taeyoung's mom!

*Ahjumma is about to leave but comes back*

A: Listen to my words carefully. I'm going to make SB my daughter.

HS mom: What??

A: I'm going to make SB my daughter. Her receiving a cornea transplant from NY is fate, and her finding our home is fate as well. So from now on, don't say that she doesn't have a family or that she isn't raised well.

*Ahjumma leaves*

HS mom: What is this? She's going to be her daughter? *scoff*

A by herself: Yeah, why not? My heart is telling me to do this, so why not?

Scene four:

Soobin is angry because Hose just left her suddenly. Then she gets a call from Hose.

Soobin: Hose? Where are you? How could you just leave me there?

HS: Soobin, let's meet now.

*HS and Soobin meet*

Soobin: Did you wait long?

HS: I'm sorry for calling you out so late.

Soobin: That's ok, I also made you come out late too b/c I missed you. But I'm angry you left suddenly, please don't do it again.

*HS returns teddy bear and ring to her*

Soobin: What is this?

HS: I'm sorry, I can't lie to you anymore. This engagement, let's take care of this.

Soobin: Take care of this engagement? What does that mean?

HS: I'm sorry, I'll take responsibility for this breakup. Even to the adults...

Soobin: Break up? Did you get engaged alone? You did it with me! I can't do it. For whatever reason you're doing this, I can't accept it. You think being engaged is a joke?

HS: I'm sorry, I'll take full responsibility for this mistake.

Soobin: A mistake? You're saying that our engagement is a mistake?

HS: You seem very upset right now, so let's stop here. I'll leave now.

Soobin: Hose!

*Soobin stops Hose while he's driving*

Soobin: We need to talk more!

HS: Soobin, please don't this!

Soobin: How could I not? You're the one who made me like this!

HS: I'm sorry..

Soobin: You said you like me! You said I was a good woman! Is this because of Saebyuk?

HS: This is not because of SB! It's because I don't love you.

Soobin: Fine, we'll talk again tomorrow. Our engagement involves our parents too.

HS: I'll tell the parents about this.

Soobin: No! I will tell the parents. Promise me this - that I will tell the parents about the breakup. Don't you at least owe me this respect?

*Soobin puts the teddy bear in his hands and walks away*

*soobin cries in car and looks up scarily*

Scene Five:

HS mom remembers her convo with Ahjumma.

HS mom: Unbelievable! Does this mean she's going to adopt her?

*HS dad comes in drunk*

HS dad: I'm the one who's drunk, but what's with the sad face? Who did it this time - Hose or Yuri?

HS mom: Oh be quiet...

Scene six:

Ahjumma tells Ahjushi that she wants to adopt Saebyuk. She says that she hated her when she first came in, but now when she doesn't see her, her heart aches and she wants to take care of her. Being a daughter and being "like a daughter" is a different. If she becomes her official daughter, people will stop treating her badly and grandma will stop telling her to leave. She wants to be by her side until she finds a good husband. Ahjushi thinks that this is too sudden, and this decision involves everyone in the family, and they need SB's consent too. Ahjumma asks him if he agrees to it, and he says he does. Ahjumma decides to ask SB first and then let everyone in the house know about it.

Scene seven:

Ahjumma tells SB about adopting her.

SB: Ahjumma...

A: Why? You don't want to be our daughter?

SB: No it's not that...I just can't believe it....

A: I want you to be my daughter and be there for me whenever I'm upset. I only have two sons now, and they don't know when I'm upset. I want to be by your side, and you can be by my side. Since you're all grown up now you probably won't need our help anymore, and it would've been better if you had met a family that is far richer than us...

SB: No no...I love you Ahjumma and Ahjushi. I want to do it. If you're willing to accept me, I want to be your real daughter. *hug* This seems like a dream, Ahjumma.

Scene Eight:

Soyoung is really happy to be home, but her mom pressures Taeyoung about what he's going to do about his future career. Her mom is really angry that he doesn't plan on moving out from his home and getting his own place eventually. Soyoung overhears and yells at her mom. Soyoung storms out to Ahjumma's house and fights with Taeyoung. Taeyoung doesn't like how Soyoung yelled at her mom and thinks she's being immature. Ahjumma asks them what's wrong, and they both stop fighting immediately.

Scene Nine:

While the family eats breakfast, Ahjumma and Ahjushi asks everyone to have a family meeting during lunch. Everyone's curious about it.

Scene Ten:

TP: Hey SB, I'm going to deliver something to Lohas, should I give you a ride?

SB: I'm not going there today.

TP: Why? Where are you going?

SB: Sok-Cho (a city in south korea)

TP: Why there?

SB: I'm going there to visit the director of the orphanage I grew up in. I'm late now, so I have to go. I'll talk to you later!

TP by himself: Orphanage? Why there all of a sudden?

Scene 11:

*Bokju gets a call from SB*

Bokju: Saebyuk! Did anything happen? Oh thank god... I was so afraid you might get caught by HS's mom. Huh? Sok-cho? Why there all of a sudden? I can't go with you now...yeah have a safe trip.

*HS overhears her*

HS: SB is going to Sok-cho?

Bokju: Yeah, she said let's go together, but I can't go now. But I'm worried, SB only goes to the orphanage whenever she has a problem. What's the problem this time?

HS: Where is the orphanage located in Sok-Cho?

Scene 12:

Soobin's mom pleads with her husband to talk to her and tell her what's going on in the office, but he's afraid she'll mess things up again.

Scene 13:

Soobin finds out that SB and Hose both took the day off from work. She suspects something, so she calls Hose. Hose tells her that he's driving so he can't talk now and he'll talk to her tomorrow. Soobin freaks out that they're together again.

Scene 14:

Saebyuk arrives at Sok-Cho and Soobin calls her to find out if she's with Hose. When SB replies that she's alone, Soobin hangs up and talks to herself about how desperate she's become.

Scene 15:

Taepoong tells himself that SB needs a man who will anchor her, and before she gets hurt more from getting involved with HS and Soobin, he should be her man. He arranges a flower/balloon thing for her. Taepoong asks Taeyoung about what Dad will say today and he doesn't know. Soyoung gets scolded again for cutting out all of the seeds from the melon, and for the ugly berries. The family gathers together for the meeting, but Soyoung points out that SB isn't back yet. The grandma says of course, she's not part of the family so it's ok. Then Ahjumma and Ahjushi tell them that they plan on adopting SB, and the whole family is shocked. The end.

Guest piano4112000

Anyone willing to help translate text preview 69

속초의 고아원을 찾은 새벽은 따라 내려온 호세에게 유년기의 아픔을 이야기하며 마음을 연다. 호세와 새벽이 행복한 시간을 보내는 사이, 수빈은 질투로 불타오르고 연실은 연실대로 반대에 열을 올리며 풍금을 거든다. 한편 태풍은 새벽이를 단념해야 한다는 생각에 하늘이 무너지는데.......

Guest winghlau

Whew, just finished translating ep. 68. Warning: it is super long! I decided to translate directly all of the important dialogues and summarize the side stories. I probably won't translate word-for-word everytime, but since I had time today i thought I might as well Also, if you want translations of the preview for ep 69, scroll back a few pages, i've posted it somewhere. Also, since this one is really long, i decided not to put it in spoilers since it's kind of annoying to move your mouse over such a long thing. So please, if you don't want to find out what happens in ep 68, don't read this post. Thanks. Enjoy!

Ep 68:...............................

Thanks, much appreciated!!!

Archived