[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Stereotypes appear not out of thin air, but out of hate --- let's not perpetuate them and make the statement seem light with the happy face emoticon...

Hosea is running away - that's what he's doing. He's being chased out of the country by his mom and Soobin. The writers need to do better than this. We all know he's not leaving. What is it about this guy that makes us want to root for him? And why do we want Saebyuk to end up with him?

Its because we love Cinderella and SB is Cinderella.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stereotypes appear not out of thin air, but out of hate --- let's not perpetuate them and make the statement seem light with the happy face emoticon...

Hosea is running away - that's what he's doing. He's being chased out of the country by his mom and Soobin. The writers need to do better than this. We all know he's not leaving. What is it about this guy that makes us want to root for him? And why do we want Saebyuk to end up with him?

Its because we love Cinderella and SB is Cinderella.

Guest soccer08

Hi, I'm a newcomer to YAMD and was wondering if anyone had valid Mega Upload links to the first 20 episodes?

I'm sure it's been posted before, but I couldn't find that info on the first 76 pages of this thread.

Many of the links listed on the earlier pages are expired/not valid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hello! if you're trying to watch YAMD from the beginning.. you can watch it in youtube. search for pcw1989 the last time i checked episode 49 was the last episode uploaded (the videos have english and chinese subtitle) or search for YAMD recent episodes (and she's also uploading the older episodes) [w/o subtitles]

:)

Guest jbigdog123

...but stereotypes don't appear out of thin air :)

I wasn't planning to continue with this convo but that comment irks me a bit. The stereotyping is derived from ignorance from people who are lazy and with agenda and I reject the notion.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I truly don't know why it is that I'm rooting for SB/HS either. To be fair, I don't like Saebyuk much either, they're both annoying imo. In the beginning, I was truly into the idea of them but this entire storyline has been very poorly written and there's not much to respect about them. At the same time, I have some understanding of how things got to this point and I really don't like any other potential pairings for the two. Still, I keep watching and anticipating; I'm hoping better will come.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I truly don't know why it is that I'm rooting for SB/HS either. To be fair, I don't like Saebyuk much either, they're both annoying imo. In the beginning, I was truly into the idea of them but this entire storyline has been very poorly written and there's not much to respect about them. At the same time, I have some understanding of how things got to this point and I really don't like any other potential pairings for the two. Still, I keep watching and anticipating; I'm hoping better will come.

Yes, the storyline is loosing luster because they try to stretch it to have more episodes. I normally jus skip scenes oike Taeyoung and Soyoung or too much ranting from the grandma.

i saw the preview but unfortunately I do not understand korean at all.

Where did you find the preview for epi 79? I kept on checking KBS World & what they have is for epi78 which was shown last Friday, Aug 22.

Edit: Just went over the YAMD KBS site & the preview is now posted. I feel sorry for both SB & HS. They are in pain obviously ... but there seems to be no way for them until someone steps in & bring them together ... it's TP who knows what SB is going thru & he might be their only hope.

Does anyone know the instrumental song that plays when Soobin goes crazy?

Well..it dosent' only play when she goes beserk. It's like the "climax" music that plays in the background.

KBS didn't include it in their OST TT_TT

I doubt its possible to get it tho..

Guest Ishida21

That's lucky for your S/O, but stereotypes don't appear out of thin air :)

Saebyuk wasn't born in 1989. They found her in 1989 when she was around 3-4 years old. Saebyuk doesn't know exactly how old she is.

Little late but still...

Since I'm stuck in episode 61 with English subs, I definitely not understand at 100% but I saw "1989" (+hangeul behind) on her certificate (episode 69 in raw), and I took that for her year of birth.

So sorry to raineyrain, my bad :sweatingbullets:.

Guest sweetheart0085

Omg...i just saw the preview of Ep 79 and it looks soo sad.

Anyone care to translate it???

Also can someone translate the preview text for ep 79...

수빈은 사랑인지 집착인지 모를 마음으로 호세와 새벽을 번갈아 만나며 화를 내고 악을 쓰면서 무너져간다. 소영이를 어떻게든 임신시키고자 하는 풍금의 마음은 소영이 태영이를 넘어 화란에게까지 불똥이 튀고, 수빈이 새벽의 개선안을 제출하지 않았다는 것을 알게 된 디자인 1팀은 출국 전의 쏠사 임원에게 쫓아가 시안을 내미는데......

Thank you very much^^

Guest damifino

I wasn't planning to continue with this convo but that comment irks me a bit. The stereotyping is derived from ignorance from people who are lazy and with agenda and I reject the notion.

I am SOOO not going to get dragged into this conversation. Think what you want. I have no desire to prolong this line of discussion.

Guest bellado

Yes, the storyline is loosing luster because they try to stretch it to have more episodes. I normally jus skip scenes oike Taeyoung and Soyoung or too much ranting from the grandma.

Aw, I think Taeyoung and Soyoung's parts are my SECOND favorite, haha, after Hose and Saebyuk's of course. Soyoung is so freaking adorable, and they make an amazing couple together. ;)

It's weird but I actually like the pace of this drama. I guess it's the exact opposite of what I'm normally used to (which is 16-20 episodes, and many times I can't even stand them -_-), but this drama's plot is REALLY GOOD. Soobin isn't the typical person who's innately person, because there were plenty of scenes in the drama where she showed doubt as to why she's being such a desperate beezy, lol. But other than that, Soobin and Hose's moms are just WACK, I swear, I fast forward every time I hear Soobin's mom complaining and blahblahblahblah.

Go Hosebyuk~! :)

Guest i.said.hi

You guys, i've been a silent reader and watcher but I have to speak up..

Honestly, am I the only one not rooting for Saebyuk & hose?

HONESTLY, THIS IS HOW I WANT THE DRAMA TO BE...

Since saebyuk has been given so much hurt (or later on she gets extremely hurt and insulted by HS's side) she decides to leave for Russia for 4 years, and Hose misses her at the airport.

4 years later SaB comes back as a very successful women. She left Lohas and instead joined another well known company, which is also competing with Lohas.

HS and SB are ACTUALLY MARRIED but its not a happy one (he doesnt sleep with her in the same room, no honeymoon, etc.. u guys know what im saying;no kid yet yea..)

Lohas are in a crisis because they are having problems with deals etc, and their competition with the other co. (the one where yoona is in) is making them loose partnerships and jobs.

So Lohas decides to partner up with the other co. HS, his father, sb, and all the other co. workers meet in an auditorium? with the other side being workers of the other co. The pres. of the other co. comes in and in walks his son (some high position) and right next to him is yoona (she's really pretty no weird hairdo, but she has long side bangs something like that)

everyone is shock., blah blah blah

They find out that SaB and the son of the pres. of the other co. are engaged. HS is sad and tries to win her back, says he'll leave SB but yoona says no.,... shows her tough side because she wants REVENGE on lohas for all the hurt they've given her

succeeds with the other co. IS VERY HAPPY WITH THE OTHER GUY and HS + SB + rest of family is bankrupt. SB realizes no $$ and in misery

Yoona is happy with husband, end

HAHHA.

but i know its impossible; yoona is going to end up with HS like any typical drama

I wish they wouldn't do that, and actually allow Yoona to show her tough side and somehow show her revenge towards Lohas family and be happy with another guy..

SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!

Don't worry I.said.hi ... I too have that feeling but it's more on Hosae not right for SB rather than SB not fit to be Hosae's lifetime partner. SB deserves someone better, one who can defend her from people who look down on her ... up to this point episode 78, HS never did anything to protect her from Subin's cruelty, not even when he saw himself & have proven via CCTV how Subin threw away her work. He did nothing & even kept Subin's wrongdoing from the team. Subin is not to be blamed totally from being clingy to this guy who made her believe she's the one for him ... just look at episode 49, how sweet & loving he was to Subin, even telling her to come to work together & be open about their relationship, buying her tickets for the musical she wanted to watch with him & holding her hands out for everyone to see. He even assured his mom how great Subin is & that they're doing well. I really wished Hosae didn't snap out & proceeded to marry Subin & there realize what he missed doing, that is fight for his love for Saebyok. <_<

Guest beat_of_angel99

Woah~~ i didnt no it was out!!

lol... i m so behind

i betta watch it =P

cant wait mi friend will go crazy if she knew too =]

Guest soccer08

Omg...i just saw the preview of Ep 79 and it looks soo sad.

Anyone care to translate it???

Also can someone translate the preview text for ep 79...

수빈은 사랑인지 집착인지 모를 마음으로 호세와 새벽을 번갈아 만나며 화를 내고 악을 쓰면서 무너져간다. 소영이를 어떻게든 임신시키고자 하는 풍금의 마음은 소영이 태영이를 넘어 화란에게까지 불똥이 튀고, 수빈이 새벽의 개선안을 제출하지 않았다는 것을 알게 된 디자인 1팀은 출국 전의 쏠사 임원에게 쫓아가 시안을 내미는데......

Thank you very much^^

where did you watch the preview of ep 79?

Epi 79

After confronting HoSae, SooBin went to look for Saebyuk and again gave her a slap. Looks like SooBin found a good way to outbrust her frustration on one who does not retaliate.... :ph34r::ph34r: Halmonni gave a sob sob act infront of the guard and they were let off. Halmoni gave the powder to SoYoung. TY on second thoughts want to put on hold of a child till he is stable (currently no job). TP was waiting for Saebyuk and she was half drunk and she told TP she is heartache and the one she loves. Poor TP kept quiet and offered to piggy her back home ( reallly good guy TP)... MJ went to HoSae room asking him to have breakfast but noted he is not around. HoSae had spent the nite in the office and his dad came in lectured him how could he resigned just like that. HoSae is still persistent he will not be with SooBin. Hwa Ran bought two boxes of tonic for SoYoung & Tae Young. Halmonni came home and asked if the other box meant for her. SY relunctantly said yes.. Halmonni was delighted. Yeongshil went to meet MingJung. MJ mentioned of the expenses borne by Lohas. During lunch, the manager mentioned about the investor matter, Seabyuk recalled SooBin speech and she seek fellow collegues help and rushed to the hotel to meet the investors. Finally they managed to stop him from him leaving, Saebyuk recongised him as the previous chap whom she & TP had helped to recover his thumb drive. She handed him the proposal and the investor had acute tummy ache before he could go through the proposal. Saebyuk used the traditional method using needle to prick his finger. Next morning the manager was relating to HoSae about Saebyuk proposal with SooBin and went to meet the investor as he was afraid being lectured by the company. At this juncture Hosae received the good news. He went to inform his dad of it. Saebyuk and collegues were happy of the good news ( HoSae did not inform his dad of Saebyuk proposal was accepted). SooBin received HoSae call to meet at his office. Chilbok was on his way to HoSae office when he heard SooBin was there (CB thought credit due to SooBin). HoSae confronted SooBin of it and she blatantly admitted it was her doing. Chilbok heard it came to HoSae office.

80회 :: 2008년 8월 26일 화요일

칠복은 수빈이 새벽의 시안을 파기했음을 알고 진노하며 수빈에게 크게 실망하고, 수빈은 어떻게든 변명해보려 한다. 임신에 좋다는 태영이의 한약을 어쩌다 풍금에게 줘버린 소영은 안절부절 못하고, 호세는 새벽을 전담 디자이너로 삼아 계약을 하고 싶다는 쏠사의 연락을 받고 새벽에게 전달하며, 자신은 사표를 내고 미국으로 떠나려 한다는 의사를 밝히는데......

Archived