[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest love4dbsk&suju

garrr i have so much to say about this drama! apart from the fact that im totally addicted!

firstly, WHY DOES SOOBIN ALWAYS FLING HERSELF AT HOSE! its obvious hes telling her to get off!

secondly, WHY DOES NO1 LISTEN TO HOSE!

and garr i cant imagine anyone in real life who could act like Soobin in not accepting the break up, there are people like that?!

thirdly, WHY CANT SAEBYUK! SEE HOW MUCH HOSE IS GOING THROUGH FOR HER!

and gee how many more episodes do i have to wait to finally see the engagement OVER

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kawaiiyuki2

Someone on the forum once wrote (s0rry can't seem to find the post again) that all soobin knows how to do is ripe up people's work. I think that's what she did at genie too. I mean how would she like if someone ripe up her work. I'd also like to see someone do that to her work... oh wait she doesn't do any work. all she does is shame and it's not even related to interior design work.

Now that we have about 160 episodes this thing with sb and hs might take a while. I remember in the other daily drama 'pure 19' the two leads didn't get married till 160 and the drama ended at 172 epi... hopefully that doesn't happen to hs and sb and we'll get to see them married sooner.

omg i hate the grandma. she bugs so young to get a kid and everytime they're about to, she calls one of the couple out arghhh so annoying..her and her stupid superstitions

and soobin too!! she doesn't learn. she destroys saebyuk's work once again -____- and she's the one that tells saebyuk to know the difference between work and personal life

sorry i had to rant lol

can't wait for the next episode!

Guest kaedejun

Epi 78

Yeongshil woke SooBin up. Still half drunk she had to cling on to her mum for support. On their way out HoSae came back. Soobin went up to hug Hosea and said she will work hard for this relatioship. HoSae just stood there quietly. Yeongshil was angry and dragged her out. HoSae volunterred to send them home but was rejected. Ming Jung said she will never allow it to end the engagement. HoSae told his mother no matter what he has nothing more to talk. MJ scolded HoSae being a bad guy. HoSae replied he will not be happy if insist to engage to SooBin. Poor Soobin was sobbing in her room and told her mum she will die if she cant marry HoSae as she really loves him alot. Yeong shil was so heartache to see SooBin suffer both were hugging crying. Bonding of Saebyuk with her mum Young Sook was so sweet. Young Sook hopes Saebyuk will not go to Russia.

Next morning Saebyuk prepared breakfast for the whole family. DaeJin compliemented her food is nice and Saebyuk announced she decided to take the offer to Russia. Though both parents were relunctant but DJ gave some encourgement. At office Saebyuk handed a improved design to SooBin and without looking further SooBin left it on the tray and she walk out of the office. Halmonni went to visit Hwa Ran at the shop ( both of their clothings of same colour ) :lol::lol: The sober SooBin begged her mother to forgive HoSae... Hwa Ran wants to buy some tonic for Young Sook. Yuli was practicsing her catwalk in the room. MJ came in and told Yuli to go to US and she refused. Yuli receive a call regard the modelling. Yuli called TP to accompany her the next day. At Lohas meeting with the investors, they were pleased with the design and asked if SooBin was the one and SooBin replied it was one of her designer works. They commented the design inclined to Korean style and wanted something more for European style and SooBin remembered Saebyuk had handed in a design in the morning. She went back to her table to check and found the design of what the investors expected. SooBin destroyed the design and went back to the conference and she said there is isnt any other design for their requirements. Chilbok was concerned not able to produce the design. He received a call from HR of HoSae going to overesea posting. TaeYoung and Young sook were so lovey dovey and TY commented how good if they have twins. Halmonni at this point was calling out for TY and asked him to go with her. YS refused to let him go. Halmonni brought TY to a private estate and started to scrap off from the statue for bearing a son which TY commented she is being too supertitous. They were caught red handed by the estate guard. Saebyuk and the collegues arranged to go for celebration and HoSae happened to look for SooBin ( she was not around).. They asked HoSae to join them. He was looking at Saebyuk for signal :w00t::w00t: ... At the pub HoSae announced he is going oversea and they thought SooBin was sure to tag along before HoSae could explain further. SooBin called HoSae. She went to look for HoSae and he confirmed he is going US ( if I heard correctly) and it will be better for SooBin if he leaves. She told HoSae who allowed him to do so !!! Saebyuk was at the corner from the washroom and overheard their conversation

I like SooBin's black top (blouse) she wore to work... :D

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/d...d/ep78_19.jpg... credit to decaturguy

79회 :: 2008년 8월 25일 월요일

수빈은 사랑인지 집착인지 모를 마음으로 호세와 새벽을 번갈아 만나며 화를 내고 악을 쓰면서 무너져간다. 소영이를 어떻게든 임신시키고자 하는 풍금의 마음은 소영이 태영이를 넘어 화란에게까지 불똥이 튀고, 수빈이 새벽의 개선안을 제출하지 않았다는 것을 알게 된 디자인 1팀은 출국 전의 쏠사 임원에게 쫓아가 시안을 내미는데......

Thanks Aug05, you completed my week!

Guest Candy&Chocolate

I've been watching this drama recently and well I love the story so much its so intense.

I really think that the actors are really doing a great job cause I really feel at times that they really mean what they say and do.

I'm really glad that YoonA was the main actress or else I think I wouldn't have watched this drama at all in anyway.

Thanks for posting.

:D

Guest dbart001

Does anyone know what's going on w/ soshisubs website? I've been trying to open it since this morning and keep getting errors.

Guest damifino

Even though I'm a Korean, I think because I wasn't raised in Korea or exposed to true Korean culture, I guess I'm not as sensitive to gravity of a broken engagement. But, it isn't like they lived together or had a child during an engagement, they hardly even held hands so I don't see Soobin's reputation getting ruined by a broken engagement and warrants physical attacks.

It doesn't matter if they didn't live together or had a child or slept together or whatever in actuality. What matters is perception. If you got engaged, unless you are Hosae, it's with the assumption that you want to spend the rest of your life with that other person which indicates a deep commitment to each other. No Korean future mother-in-law wants to find out that their future daughter-in-law was engaged to another man before getting engaged to their son. How is she supposed to know how far or not a previously engaged couple got?

Guest jbigdog123

It doesn't matter if they didn't live together or had a child or slept together or whatever in actuality. What matters is perception. If you got engaged, unless you are Hosae, it's with the assumption that you want to spend the rest of your life with that other person which indicates a deep commitment to each other. No Korean future mother-in-law wants to find out that their future daughter-in-law was engaged to another man before getting engaged to their son. How is she supposed to know how far or not a previously engaged couple got?

It doesn't matter? Sure it does, makes it a big difference. If Soobin's mother doesn't know the details of their relationship, all she has to do is ask.

Perception isn't reality and reality is it's just an engagement, not a marriage, with no attachments which one party decided to break the commitment, it happens so they need to get over it. I find it amusing that reality doesn't matter but perception does.

Also, would good mother wants marry off their daughter to some one who doesn't love or even like her daughter? Is it better to marry your daughter off to some one who has no desire to marry her daughter because fear of perception or break off the engagement?

Guest kawaiiyuki2

omg i hate the grandma. she bugs so young to get a kid and everytime they're about to, she calls one of the couple out arghhh so annoying..her and her stupid superstitions

and soobin too!! she doesn't learn. she destroys saebyuk's work once again -____- and she's the one that tells saebyuk to know the difference between work and personal life

sorry i had to rant lol

can't wait for the next episode!

I totally agree. how does the grandma expects to get any great grandchildren if the couple can't even one minute alone. If they continues they're really going to need to get a room somewhere and spend a night there. Or take a trip far away for a few days just for some peace and quite. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter? Sure it does, makes it a big difference. If Soobin's mother doesn't know the details of their relationship, all she has to do is ask.

Perception isn't reality and reality is it's just an engagement, not a marriage, with no attachments which one party decided to break the commitment, it happens so they need to get over it. I find it amusing that reality doesn't matter but perception does.

Also, would good mother wants marry off their daughter to some one who doesn't love or even like her daughter? Is it better to marry your daughter off to some one who has no desire to marry her daughter because fear of perception or break off the engagement?

I agree with you about the real world. But this the world of K-Dramas... where the value system hearkens back to the good old days of traditional values :rolleyes: . In the real world, south Korean popular media encourages young people to cohabit... and South Korea has one of the highest divorce rates in the world.

In the K-Drama value system (old traditional value), an engagement is synonymous with a declaration of marriage. The formal marriage ceremony is the signal that the couple will begin to live together, and the bride becomes a member of the groom's family.

I can understand Hong YeonShil's position, but I have absolutely zero sympathy for her or SooBin. It is ridiculous to sympathize with the greedy, callous, and vicious when all their malicious manipulations and deceptions fail to achieve their goals.

Guest damifino

It's not Soobin's chastity that Soobin's mother is worried about, it's Soobin's future prospects and reputation. Perception is everything when it comes to this... that's where your reputation comes from. Isn't that why Saebyuk is being treated like crap by people like Soobin's mom and Hosae's mom... their perception of her? It doesn't matter if Soobin's mom thinks Soobin did this or that. Soobin's mom is worried about what Soobin's potential future mother-in-law and her neighbors and friends will think about Soobin and their family, for being dumped by her fiance.

I think there is some misunderstooding... Soobin's mother DOESN'T want Soobin to marry Hosae. That's what she has been yelling at Soobin about. She told Soobin, it's hard enough to keep the attentions of a husband who couldn't live without you in the beginning (like Soobin's dad), but why start a marriage with a man who doesn't even love you? It's Soobin who keeps insisting that she has to get married to Hosae. She just wants vengeance on Hosae, not for him to be her son-in-law. She is upset that Soobin says that she loves Hosae. She even said to Soobin on the latest show that even though Soobin is her daughter, she can't stand the sight of her when Soobin asked her to forgive Hosae and let her be with him. She was fretting about how to fight Soobin's determination to marry Hosae. She even told Hosae's mother to send Hosae directly rather than Mrs. Kang coming, to ask for forgiveness and write a promissory note saying that he will never do it again and will love her daughter which is why Mrs. Kang was flabberghasted.

As for Hosae, he didn't ask to be transferred, but instead, he quit Lohas which is what shocked his dad and Soobin. He said he's going to the US to further his studies.

Guest winghlau

As for Hosae, he didn't ask to be transferred, but instead, he quit Lohas which is what shocked his dad and Soobin. He said he's going to the US to further his studies.

Thanks for this clarification, one clueless non-speaking Korean here appreciate every bit of info of the drama very much.

She even told Hosae's mother to send Hosae directly rather than Mrs. Kang coming, to ask for forgiveness and write a promissory note saying that he will never do it again and will love her daughter which is why Mrs. Kang was flabberghasted.

OMG, I thought that was what Yeonshil said and that HS had quit. When I saw the episode, I was thinking to myself there is no way in H___ that HS was going to sign that promissory note to love Soobin. By this time he can't stand to even be in the same room with her. Also when he quit, I thought how sad that parents would cause their only son to move far away and leave the family company over an outsider he doesn't even love just for the sake of reputation.. I'm glad you clarified this regarding HS's resignation. My Korean is so.......terrible, I thought maybe I translated it in my head wrong. :sweatingbullets:

Guest reKaddict

Hosae's finally doing something right!

I agree, this is probably the first and only good move that HS has made since being engaged to Soobin. It's also the move that SB should have made in my opinion. Granted, it wouldn't have the initial impact that HS leaving does, but the chilbok guy would wonder why he forced such a talented young worker to quit and not know how many great ideas he gave up to please his wife's ridiculous pride, determination, you take your pick.

Guest soshibang_

thanks Aug05 for the summary....

do you guys think that saebyuk and hosae will really get married at the end?

...cuz yoona's too young to get really married~

Guest jbigdog123

It's not Soobin's chastity that Soobin's mother is worried about, it's Soobin's future prospects and reputation. Perception is everything when it comes to this... that's where your reputation comes from. Isn't that why Saebyuk is being treated like crap by people like Soobin's mom and Hosae's mom... their perception of her? It doesn't matter if Soobin's mom thinks Soobin did this or that. Soobin's mom is worried about what Soobin's potential future mother-in-law and her neighbors and friends will think about Soobin and their family, for being dumped by her fiance.

I think there is some misunderstooding... Soobin's mother DOESN'T want Soobin to marry Hosae. <snip> She was fretting about how to fight Soobin's determination to marry Hosae. She even told Hosae's mother to send Hosae directly rather than Mrs. Kang coming, to ask for forgiveness and write a promissory note saying that he will never do it again and will love her daughter which is why Mrs. Kang was flabberghasted.

The perceptions can be confronted and eliminated, not facts. While I can somewhat understand Soobin's mother's concern of her daughter's future (although, I think she is more concerned for lost of her status), she could easily ward off any negative perception with factual statements. As for SB being mistreated, most of that is attributed to her inability to be more aggressive and concise when confronted with hostile people, all she does is take whatever they dish out and had very little to with perception.

I know in the drama, Soobin's mother does not want Soobin to marry Hosae after Hosae told her that he wanted to break the engagement but prior to that, she was blinded by greed to not see or overlooked Hosae's standoffish behavior toward Soobin and distancing himself from Soobin and her family. Even after being told of end of engagement, she is still seeking to get Soobin married to some one who doesn't love her daughter as you've stated which I highlighted.

I agree with you about the real world. But this the world of K-Dramas... where the value system hearkens back to the good old days of traditional values :rolleyes: . In the real world, south Korean popular media encourages young people to cohabit... and South Korea has one of the highest divorce rates in the world.

I had no idea SK has one of the highest divorce rate.

I guess for KDrama, using old traditional values generates more viewership, otherwise values would reflect current society? I find it interesting that the shows reflect current society and freedom and yet uses old traditional values when it comes dealing with family matters.

That begs a question...Is it because viewers tend to be older than average age? Or is it because viewers yarn for old values? Or is it a method to keep visibility of dying values?

thanks Aug05 for the summary....

do you guys think that saebyuk and hosae will really get married at the end?

...cuz yoona's too young to get really married~

She is an actress who signed up to play a 23 yr old woman in a daily show where a significant part of the plot would focus on the romantic relationship between her character and a rich young male. In other words, deal. I also expect a kiss, or rather the awkward pressing of lips together that is a mainstay of most korean dramas, this one has been no better so far.

Archived