[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest merela
this book thingy is confusing everyone! :wacko:

pls correct me if i m wrong.. :sweatingbullets:

- there was originally 1 ancient book

- subsequently this book was split into 2 parts

- 1 part ended up in the hands of the senator (this was the one that was stolen by HCH's father)

- the other part was passed on generation by generation in the village of elderly man Lee (who brought his portion to the museum in episode 2 and KBS 'discovered' the hidden paper between the pages)

You explained it better than I did. That's exactly how I understood it from the c-subs. The way you explained it was better than I did. Sorry if I confused anyone.

I'm still confused with the excuse that the senator used to obtain the 1 part of the first book. I thought since that's a stolen item and is deemed a national treasure, no one can lay claims to it, except the government.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched Spotlight. But I did catch the last episode of Powerful Opponents. I actually thought it was a happy ending with her and the President's son. He said he was going to propose to someone when his father's term ended didn't he?

You mean she ended up paired with her job...my interpretation is so different from yours..haha..anyways, it could be wrong, cos I skipped all the episodes in between. hee

Hi Jastinel, I have to tell you that firstly, my korean is really bad. I'm still at the elementary stage! But that little praise did get me started on translating those scenes. Major ego trip here. haha. But I must say it was quite a disaster and gave me a headache. Cos there are so many portions that I don't know! The timing that you gave me and the clip that i'm looking at is a bit different. But I think I got the bits you wanted. Anyways, I hope someone else can correct it or re-translate the whole thing. It's actually quite interesting, the interaction between the 2 leads.

Here it is:

Scene where KSA hands a weeding hoe to LDG

KSA: Dig the earth!

LDG: Isn’t this a weeding hoe for digging?

KSA: Whatever it is, just dig!

Announcer: Is this the first time the two of you are acting together?

LDG , KSA: Yes…

Announcer: How is it like, working together for the first time?

LDG: It’s very interesting.

KSA: Really?

LDG: Suna doesn’t like it, but I like it.

KSA: When did I say that?

KSA: LDG started out as a singer… I shouldn’t say that?

(LDG walks away)

Then I should also talk about my rumour…

LDG: Why are you saying this suddenly?

KSA: There are people who think about this...(not sure if she’s referring to LDG being a singer or the rumour)

LDG: Kim Sun Ah still thinks of me as a singer.

KSA: It’s not that I still see him as a singer….I liked his song (I have no idea what the title is) so much

Flash to scene of LDG singing that song…and the announcer extends his praise on LDG – “his cool exterior, his singing abilities, no wonder fans like him”, etc “gosh, KSA likes him” (not sure on this)…”even a guy would find him handsome”…

Words on screen: KSA is also charmed by LDG’s gentle voice.

KSA: Really, I’ve said this many times (Not sure about the translation here)

LDG: Of all the people who’ve heard my songs, she’s one person who’s said that (I’m not sure what he said here)

KSA: if you’re going to dig like that, we’ll give you a weeding hoe (the really miserably small digging apparatus we saw earlier)

LDG: Then I’ll throw earth on you.

KJH: Please dig.

LDG: I didn’t dig much but it’s really tiring.

KSA: Director, film for another 10 minutes. Continue digging….you’re diligently digging aren’t you….

Announcer: Do you feel any male-female attractiveness about each other? (Ok, very awkward phrasing here. But I hope you understand what I mean..)

LDG: As a female, she’s (referring to KSA) someone who’s very attractive. She also has a good personality. She takes care of things really well. If I’m not feeling well, even just a little, she’d take good care of me.

KSA: The reason why is because if anyone is not feeling well, the schedule will go awry.

LDG (words in balloon says “Disappointment”): Ah…it’s because of the schedule.

KSA: And to make sure that he’s not sick, I continue …

LDG: Anyways, I’m really thankful to her for taking care of me.

I think it would be good, if I had a girlfriend like KSA (my translation here could be wrong)...

KSA: Then, meet me…

LDG (words in bubble says “flustered”): I’ll go in (to the hole) and come up again…

LDG continues digging…

Announcer: Did the digging go well?

LDG: It did, weirdly.

Can’t hear what the announcer said.

LDG: Yeah, I dug for a while.

Announcer: KSA was only taking photos at the side?

LDG: ...(didn’t catch what he was saying)

Then the announcer was maybe asking him what he would like to say to her.

LDG: Go try digging it yourself.

Turn to scene of LDG in the hole, with the 2 policemen standing there, and HCH scribbling on an organizer in her hand

Announcer: what are you drawing?

KSA points to LDG in the hole.

KSA: I drew with so much detail…

Announcer: There have been quite a few days of filming hasn’t it? Have there been any interesting episodes?

KSA: There have been so many. For me, it’s the hot spring scene.

LDG: We’ve already said this before. At that time, it was really tiring for us. It was cold outside, but hot in the hot spring. As we continued filming for about 4-5 hrs in the hot spring, our temperatures kept rising, and so we were so tired while filming to the extent of feeling dizzy.

KSA: As I saw the upper part of his body, I felt dizzy. …

Even though LDG looks really skinny, aigoo…check it out…

KSA: (I saw) until here. But his body is really solid. And…what else is ok (not sure what she’s saying here)

Announcer: How is the love story going to develop?

LDG: We don’t know. The script isn’t out yet.

KSA: If I were to say secretly, we would get closer than how we are now.

Flash to scenes of the KBS and HCH in the drama

END.

Good night everyone!

HELLO 'EBIGRID" CAN I KNOW WHAT VIDEO THAT YOU TRANSLATED? CAN YOU GIVE ME THE LINK OR IF THERE'S A DOWNLOAD OF THE VIDEO AND THNAK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION.YOU'RE SUCH A GENEROUS PERSON FOR SHARING US THE TRANSLATION,YOU'RE A BIG HELP THANKS.

HELLO 'EBIGRID" CAN I KNOW WHAT VIDEO THAT YOU TRANSLATED? CAN YOU GIVE ME THE LINK OR IF THERE'S A DOWNLOAD OF THE VIDEO AND THNAK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION.YOU'RE SUCH A GENEROUS PERSON FOR SHARING US THE TRANSLATION,YOU'RE A BIG HELP THANKS.

MU link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FG3WSYFG

VEOH link

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14993906gkEeEdPr

thanks for the article kdramafanusa!

KJH is doing a good job portraying WJH. Flipping bangs is her trademark. :lol:

I am really impressed with KJH's acting. She should win a best supporting actress award. I am glad Lee Soo-Kyeong backed out. I am watching her new drama; I like it but I find Lee as the weak link among the main characters. I am disappointed with her acting especially her over the top exaggerated facial expressions; I find it way to much because she does it in every scene. KJH's acting is cute and funny.

Thanks kdramafanusa for sharing the article.

i have a question that is not connected to "Every Night," want to test your kdrama knowledge. Is there a drama that is kind of similar to a movie called "Miss Congeniality?" I happen to be watching it right now, and I love this movie. I think KSA can pull Sandra Bullock's (Gracie Hart) character as a tomboyish-slobbish undercover cop turned into a Beauty Pageant contestant. It's a great storyline, and funny.

:rolleyes::unsure::blink:

You explained it better than I did. That's exactly how I understood it from the c-subs. The way you explained it was better than I did. Sorry if I confused anyone.

I'm still confused with the excuse that the senator used to obtain the 1 part of the first book. I thought since that's a stolen item and is deemed a national treasure, no one can lay claims to it, except the government.

the senator's argument to claim back the book - he didn't know it was a stolen artifact and he paid $ for it so rightfully it now belongs to him

lame argument :tongue2:

but since he's a politician i guessed he used whatever power/authority to pressure the museum people to return the book to him :crazy:

Guest jastinel

i have a question that is not connected to "Every Night," want to test your kdrama knowledge. Is there a drama that is kind of similar to a movie called "Miss Congeniality?" I happen to be watching it right now, and I love this movie. I think KSA can pull Sandra Bullock's (Gracie Hart) character as a tomboyish-slobbish undercover cop turned into a Beauty Pageant contestant. It's a great storyline, and funny.

:rolleyes::unsure::blink:

When Suna did She`s on duty, she was considered as Sandra Bullock of Korea.

I read it somewhere in one of the fan site. I want Suna to portray the role of a tomboy also.

She will be good at it. When I saw the K-drama CP, I wished it was Suna who portray the role of YEH.

Guest cutetyson
hi kanshu!

i think cutetyson already translate this scene.....??

can someone do a spot translation on this scene...kbs's friend mentions hch..sound like kbs is getting defensive..

http://noriterm.ipop.co.kr/cgi-bin/noriter...mp;nid=15683404

if you're referring to the scene when they're walking together, KBS' friend says he will go to visit HCHshi at the hospital and KBS asks who is he referring to as shi (defensively because sometimes between men and women it is a term of endearment although most often an honorific ending to a name). the way KBS interprets it is as he's using as a term of endearment like he (his friend) knows her well so gets defensive and tells him that he doesn't have to visit her and that they're not even close so why does he care to visit her. It's definitely a sign of jealousy.

if you're referring to the scene when they're walking together, KBS' friend says he will go to visit HCHshi at the hospital and KBS asks who is he referring to as shi (defensively because sometimes between men and women it is a term of endearment although most often an honorific ending to a name). the way KBS interprets it is as he's using as a term of endearment like he (his friend) knows her well so gets defensive and tells him that he doesn't have to visit her and that they're not even close so why does he care to visit her. It's definitely a sign of jealousy.

thank you cutetyson.

i really can't wait for the sub to come out..

better start listening to my Pimsleur Korean.

When Suna did She`s on duty, she was considered as Sandra Bullock of Korea.

I read it somewhere in one of the fan site. I want Suna to portray the role of a tomboy also.

She will be good at it. When I saw the K-drama CP, I wished it was Suna who portray the role of YEH.

you're right jastinel. i didn't think of that movie. it's almost the same per se, but it'll be nice to see her transform to a beauty pageant contestant. I heard so many good things about CP from other people/sites, i tried to watch it but i stop after 3 or 4 ep.

_-8.jpg

_-9.jpg

dcinside

PS from dcinside

lovu.jpg

DG-05.jpgrlatjsdk_021.jpg

Guest cutetyson

Thanks to all of you diehard fans that keep up on KSA and all the WIAN news! I really think KSA is a genuine actress too and her sincerity and appreciation for mastering her craft (acting) definitely shows. It's great she has so many fans. LDG and KSA do look good together - as weird as I thought it would be at first.

Wow, mazpakipot, that's another masterpiece of yours?

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love this scene of them

forlicking at the beach. So sweet ......

I'm really a computer idiot. I stll can't see that video clip.

Can you please give me a simpler version where I just "click"

and the images will appear? Thanks.

Guest choong jae

8 eps has already been out! yeah! so happy, although there hasn't been any eps uploaded w/ eng subs (not that i know of anyway), i still watch the drama for fun ^_^

Guest llyh90
I haven't watched Spotlight. But I did catch the last episode of Powerful Opponents. I actually thought it was a happy ending with her and the President's son. He said he was going to propose to someone when his father's term ended didn't he?

You mean she ended up paired with her job...my interpretation is so different from yours..haha..anyways, it could be wrong, cos I skipped all the episodes in between. hee

Hi Jastinel, I have to tell you that firstly, my korean is really bad. I'm still at the elementary stage! But that little praise did get me started on translating those scenes. Major ego trip here. haha. But I must say it was quite a disaster and gave me a headache. Cos there are so many portions that I don't know! The timing that you gave me and the clip that i'm looking at is a bit different. But I think I got the bits you wanted. Anyways, I hope someone else can correct it or re-translate the whole thing. It's actually quite interesting, the interaction between the 2 leads.

Here it is:

Scene where KSA hands a weeding hoe to LDG

KSA: Dig the earth!

LDG: Isn’t this a weeding hoe for digging?

KSA: Whatever it is, just dig!

Announcer: Is this the first time the two of you are acting together?

LDG , KSA: Yes…

Announcer: How is it like, working together for the first time?

LDG: It’s very interesting.

KSA: Really?

LDG: Suna doesn’t like it, but I like it.

KSA: When did I say that?

KSA: LDG started out as a singer… I shouldn’t say that?

(LDG walks away)

Then I should also talk about my rumour…

LDG: Why are you saying this suddenly?

KSA: There are people who think about this...(not sure if she’s referring to LDG being a singer or the rumour)

LDG: Kim Sun Ah still thinks of me as a singer.

KSA: It’s not that I still see him as a singer….I liked his song (I have no idea what the title is) so much

Flash to scene of LDG singing that song…and the announcer extends his praise on LDG – “his cool exterior, his singing abilities, no wonder fans like him”, etc “gosh, KSA likes him” (not sure on this)…”even a guy would find him handsome”…

Words on screen: KSA is also charmed by LDG’s gentle voice.

KSA: Really, I’ve said this many times (Not sure about the translation here)

LDG: Of all the people who’ve heard my songs, she’s one person who’s said that (I’m not sure what he said here)

KSA: if you’re going to dig like that, we’ll give you a weeding hoe (the really miserably small digging apparatus we saw earlier)

LDG: Then I’ll throw earth on you.

KJH: Please dig.

LDG: I didn’t dig much but it’s really tiring.

KSA: Director, film for another 10 minutes. Continue digging….you’re diligently digging aren’t you….

Announcer: Do you feel any male-female attractiveness about each other? (Ok, very awkward phrasing here. But I hope you understand what I mean..)

LDG: As a female, she’s (referring to KSA) someone who’s very attractive. She also has a good personality. She takes care of things really well. If I’m not feeling well, even just a little, she’d take good care of me.

KSA: The reason why is because if anyone is not feeling well, the schedule will go awry.

LDG (words in balloon says “Disappointment”): Ah…it’s because of the schedule.

KSA: And to make sure that he’s not sick, I continue …

LDG: Anyways, I’m really thankful to her for taking care of me.

I think it would be good, if I had a girlfriend like KSA (my translation here could be wrong)...

KSA: Then, meet me…

LDG (words in bubble says “flustered”): I’ll go in (to the hole) and come up again…

LDG continues digging…

Announcer: Did the digging go well?

LDG: It did, weirdly.

Can’t hear what the announcer said.

LDG: Yeah, I dug for a while.

Announcer: KSA was only taking photos at the side?

LDG: ...(didn’t catch what he was saying)

Then the announcer was maybe asking him what he would like to say to her.

LDG: Go try digging it yourself.

Turn to scene of LDG in the hole, with the 2 policemen standing there, and HCH scribbling on an organizer in her hand

Announcer: what are you drawing?

KSA points to LDG in the hole.

KSA: I drew with so much detail…

Announcer: There have been quite a few days of filming hasn’t it? Have there been any interesting episodes?

KSA: There have been so many. For me, it’s the hot spring scene.

LDG: We’ve already said this before. At that time, it was really tiring for us. It was cold outside, but hot in the hot spring. As we continued filming for about 4-5 hrs in the hot spring, our temperatures kept rising, and so we were so tired while filming to the extent of feeling dizzy.

KSA: As I saw the upper part of his body, I felt dizzy. …

Even though LDG looks really skinny, aigoo…check it out…

KSA: (I saw) until here. But his body is really solid. And…what else is ok (not sure what she’s saying here)

Announcer: How is the love story going to develop?

LDG: We don’t know. The script isn’t out yet.

KSA: If I were to say secretly, we would get closer than how we are now.

Flash to scenes of the KBS and HCH in the drama

END.

Good night everyone!

It was already funny watching them behind the scenes, and even funnier with the translation.

Thank you ebrigid!

Wow, mazpakipot, that's another masterpiece of yours?

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love this scene of them

forlicking at the beach. So sweet ......

I'm really a computer idiot. I stll can't see that video clip.

Can you please give me a simpler version where I just "click"

and the images will appear? Thanks.

hi sueyip!

i'm not computer genius either. sorry, that's not my masterpiece, it's from cafe.daum/foreversuna.

as for the video, i' run out of options too. i can't seem to split the video with Windows Media Maker. Anyone help us?

:wacko::tears::(

GOOD DAY TV -EVERY NIGHT BTS and INTERVIEWS

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14993906gkEeEdPr

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FG3WSYFG

short video clip

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?flvPlay...qImDAfc8E$

onlyu.jpg

ps.jpg

ps2.jpg

KISS.jpg

357581a1.jpg

91538ad1.jpg