[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

I think it's CH's father who is behind all the artifacts that had been

returned to the Museum. I tend to believe that he's a changed person

and is now helping CH to recover all that he had stolen earlier so that

he can appear again to see his children. So, he might be the mysterious

donor.

that's very interesting, it's about time they show him. and i hope you guess it right.

i hope they'll show KBS's grandmother too..

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ebrigid

Heh, yes. I feel the same way like you! I really hope that - even with a lot of sparks flying, they won't get together until very much towards the end... no matter if she gets KBS or TL Kang... (of course, they also could pull a Spotlight or Powerful Opponent here and have her end up with her job!)...

But a sappy typical love story just doesn't fit the characters, and I hope that the writers will come up with a solution that's worthy of the characters they, the actors and the film crew created.

I haven't watched Spotlight. But I did catch the last episode of Powerful Opponents. I actually thought it was a happy ending with her and the President's son. He said he was going to propose to someone when his father's term ended didn't he?

You mean she ended up paired with her job...my interpretation is so different from yours..haha..anyways, it could be wrong, cos I skipped all the episodes in between. hee

ebrigid, I know you are good in translating Korean, can you do some translation with the interview of Suna and LDG? (From 45:15 to 52:54)

It looks like they are really having so much fun on the set. They look very sweet while sitting very close to each other watching their previous scenes. I must admit that they look good together...cute!

Hi Jastinel, I have to tell you that firstly, my korean is really bad. I'm still at the elementary stage! But that little praise did get me started on translating those scenes. Major ego trip here. haha. But I must say it was quite a disaster and gave me a headache. Cos there are so many portions that I don't know! The timing that you gave me and the clip that i'm looking at is a bit different. But I think I got the bits you wanted. Anyways, I hope someone else can correct it or re-translate the whole thing. It's actually quite interesting, the interaction between the 2 leads.

Here it is:

Scene where KSA hands a weeding hoe to LDG

KSA: Dig the earth!

LDG: Isn’t this a weeding hoe for digging?

KSA: Whatever it is, just dig!

Announcer: Is this the first time the two of you are acting together?

LDG , KSA: Yes…

Announcer: How is it like, working together for the first time?

LDG: It’s very interesting.

KSA: Really?

LDG: Suna doesn’t like it, but I like it.

KSA: When did I say that?

KSA: LDG started out as a singer… I shouldn’t say that?

(LDG walks away)

Then I should also talk about my rumour…

LDG: Why are you saying this suddenly?

KSA: There are people who think about this...(not sure if she’s referring to LDG being a singer or the rumour)

LDG: Kim Sun Ah still thinks of me as a singer.

KSA: It’s not that I still see him as a singer….I liked his song (I have no idea what the title is) so much

Flash to scene of LDG singing that song…and the announcer extends his praise on LDG – “his cool exterior, his singing abilities, no wonder fans like him”, etc “gosh, KSA likes him” (not sure on this)…”even a guy would find him handsome”…

Words on screen: KSA is also charmed by LDG’s gentle voice.

KSA: Really, I’ve said this many times (Not sure about the translation here)

LDG: Of all the people who’ve heard my songs, she’s one person who’s said that (I’m not sure what he said here)

KSA: if you’re going to dig like that, we’ll give you a weeding hoe (the really miserably small digging apparatus we saw earlier)

LDG: Then I’ll throw earth on you.

KJH: Please dig.

LDG: I didn’t dig much but it’s really tiring.

KSA: Director, film for another 10 minutes. Continue digging….you’re diligently digging aren’t you….

Announcer: Do you feel any male-female attractiveness about each other? (Ok, very awkward phrasing here. But I hope you understand what I mean..)

LDG: As a female, she’s (referring to KSA) someone who’s very attractive. She also has a good personality. She takes care of things really well. If I’m not feeling well, even just a little, she’d take good care of me.

KSA: The reason why is because if anyone is not feeling well, the schedule will go awry.

LDG (words in balloon says “Disappointment”): Ah…it’s because of the schedule.

KSA: And to make sure that he’s not sick, I continue …

LDG: Anyways, I’m really thankful to her for taking care of me.

I think it would be good, if I had a girlfriend like KSA (my translation here could be wrong)...

KSA: Then, meet me…

LDG (words in bubble says “flustered”): I’ll go in (to the hole) and come up again…

LDG continues digging…

Announcer: Did the digging go well?

LDG: It did, weirdly.

Can’t hear what the announcer said.

LDG: Yeah, I dug for a while.

Announcer: KSA was only taking photos at the side?

LDG: ...(didn’t catch what he was saying)

Then the announcer was maybe asking him what he would like to say to her.

LDG: Go try digging it yourself.

Turn to scene of LDG in the hole, with the 2 policemen standing there, and HCH scribbling on an organizer in her hand

Announcer: what are you drawing?

KSA points to LDG in the hole.

KSA: I drew with so much detail…

Announcer: There have been quite a few days of filming hasn’t it? Have there been any interesting episodes?

KSA: There have been so many. For me, it’s the hot spring scene.

LDG: We’ve already said this before. At that time, it was really tiring for us. It was cold outside, but hot in the hot spring. As we continued filming for about 4-5 hrs in the hot spring, our temperatures kept rising, and so we were so tired while filming to the extent of feeling dizzy.

KSA: As I saw the upper part of his body, I felt dizzy. …

Even though LDG looks really skinny, aigoo…check it out…

KSA: (I saw) until here. But his body is really solid. And…what else is ok (not sure what she’s saying here)

Announcer: How is the love story going to develop?

LDG: We don’t know. The script isn’t out yet.

KSA: If I were to say secretly, we would get closer than how we are now.

Flash to scenes of the KBS and HCH in the drama

END.

Good night everyone!

hi sueyip!

still not working...hmm...ok, i just found this link for bigmail, if u want...

http://bigmail4.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/big...4Alm9uyzBeHqwfc

Thanks for sharing mzpakipot and thanks to you ebigrid for your translation! I really enjoyed watching it.

Suna has a habit of making faces in between takes that I find adorable.

Suna3_bts.jpg

Suna2_bts.jpg

Suna is picking the shoe that one of the guys chasing KBS left behind.

Suna1_bts.jpg

Suna_bts.jpg

Suna drew LDG while he was in the hole.

Suna10_bts.jpg

Suna11_bts.jpg

Suna9_bts.jpg

It looks like Suna is taking pictures of LDG while he was digging.

Suna13_bts.jpg

Suna12_bts.jpg

Suna was shivering when she took off her coat. Even from afar, Suna is really gorgeous and I can imagine her entering a room and all eyes will be on her.

Suna14_bts.jpg

Suna15_bts.jpg

Suna16_bts.jpg

Suna17_bts.jpg

I think someone mentioned that they feel sorry for LDG because Suna looked disgusted after the kiss. I did watch it but my impression was that she did not grimace because of the kiss, but the taste of the fake blood on LDG's lips.

Suna4_bts.jpg

Suna6_bts.jpg

Suna5_bts.jpg

I don't know if this was taken before the kiss, but they are just comfortable with each other.

Suna7_bts.jpg

Suna8_bts.jpg

Such sweetness; Suna apologized after she slapped LDG.

Suna18_bts.jpg

hi sheherizade3!

yeah those bts and interviews made up for the no-preview or ngs after episode 8.! i kept watching it over and over...thanks to ebrigid, i can match their actions through her translation...i bet the ointment tasted bitter :crazy: , that's why she made that face...

on the set she got a care package full of candies?? i'm assuming it's from her fans?

hi sheherizade3!

yeah those bts and interviews made up for the no-preview or ngs after episode 8.! i kept watching it over and over...thanks to ebrigid, i can match their actions through her translation...i bet the ointment tasted bitter :crazy: , that's why she made that face...

on the set she got a care package full of candies?? i'm assuming it's from her fans?

I know, she kept wiping the corner of her mouth.

Yay, she received candies and stuff from her fans. She heated something that looked really yummy.

Suna19_bts.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article:SportsSeoul 08/07/16 10:12

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Overacting in dramas '3 people, 3 colors'... "Thoughtless vs comic vs princess"

20087161012_347479867_6841_0.jpg

Lately, the overacting of pretty actresses is watchable. Those who have kept one image are showing change.

As melodramatic acting is different with each actor's color, overacting is the same. The peculiarity comes out according to the actor's individuality and role. If the actor adds his or her own creation, everyone produces a different kind of acting. In other words, their own overacting is perfected.

There are three big actresses who are receiving acclaim for their overacting in 2008. Song Yoon-ah, who acts imprudent in SBS "On Air", Lee Soo-kyeong, who overdoes comical acting in MBC "The Lawyers of The Great Republic Korea", and Kim Jeong-hwa, who overacts as a princess in "When It's At Night".

20087161012_347479867_4201_0.jpg

Song Yoon-ah - Imprudence

Song Yoon-ah showed something 180 degrees different from what she always has through SBS "On Air", which ended recently. In order to portray writer Seo Yeong-eun, she made comical gestures and spoke in a high-tone voice. After studying the character with the director and writer, 'Song Yoon-ah's overacting' was born.

After the first airing, 'Song Yoon-ah's overacting' were search keywords on many portal sites. Viewers were not used to her changed image and said, "It's overwhelming to watch" and "It's too fake". There were so many negative comments that even she was shocked.

As the drama developed, viewers grew closer to Seo Yeong-eun, and changed their opinions to "It's fresh" and "It's fun". So it became a time for Song Yoon-ah to expand her limits as an actress. After the end, Park Yong-ha, who also starred with her, said, "If Song Yoon-ah's overacting wasn't there, "On Air" wouldn't have been either". Song Yoon-ah's 'overacting' was the core of the drama.

20087161012_347479867_8516_0.jpg

Lee Soo-kyeong - Comic

Lee Soo-kyeong is adding comedy to her overacting through MBC "The Lawyers of The Great Republic Korea". Her character, Woo Ee-kyeong, has finished last at the Judicial Research and Training Institute. Because of her role, she comes out with a curly perm and is always going left and right.

Woo Ee-kyeong is a passionate lawyer with a plain appearance. Although she works in an empty office, she acts upon her emotions rather than her logic. Because of her quick temper, she argues a lot and little incidents never stop. Her high-tone voice and exaggerated gestures, the basics of overacting, are bringing laughter to the viewers.

This kind of acting is bringing positive feedback. After the first airing, the viewers' forum said, "The character of an awkward lawyer is new" and "The drama is more fun because of Lee Soo-kyeong's comical acting". Lee Soo-kyeong's acting helped to draw in attention and interest from the viewers.

20087161013_347479867_8036_0.jpg

Kim Jeong-hwa - Princess disease

In MBC "When It's At Night", Kim Jeong-hwa plays Wang Ju-hyeon, a worker of the cultural bureau who is only interested in men. After Park Ji-yoon left in the middle due to personal conflicts, Kim Jeong-hwa quickly replaced her. Her character is in her 20s, looking for a husband who has potential into rising into high society.

She contemplates and plans every day to win Huh Cho-hee (Kim Seon-ah), who is receiving attention from all the men. Through this, she is showing comical overacting. Her gesture of flipping her bangs when she talks is already becoming popular.

Viewers are saying, "Kim Jeong-hwa had that side too?" and "It's new". The reason why Kim Jeong-hwa's acting is drawing interest is because she truthfully expresses the inner thoughts of women in their 20s.

Guest jastinel

Hi Jastinel, I have to tell you that firstly, my korean is really bad. I'm still at the elementary stage! But that little praise did get me started on translating those scenes. Major ego trip here. haha. But I must say it was quite a disaster and gave me a headache. Cos there are so many portions that I don't know! The timing that you gave me and the clip that i'm looking at is a bit different. But I think I got the bits you wanted. Anyways, I hope someone else can correct it or re-translate the whole thing. It's actually quite interesting, the interaction between the 2 leads.

Here it is:

A Million thanks ebrigid! I appreciate this very much, I know how hard it is to translate Korean and you did a very good job. Thank you....thank you, you really made my day!

Guest nenusa

any kind soul out there who can guide me to the MU link for the english sub. i've been to b.o.n. website but i can't find the link. under normal circumstances i read all the pages here to find the eng sub MU link but i just started work and i'm logging 14 to 16 hours workday lately. :tears: i'm waaaay behind in the discussion and i'm lost. if i watch the eng sub first ep, at least i'll be able to grasp the storyline.

thanks in advance. :)

Guest nenusa
hi nenusa

MU link WIAN EPISODE 1 (ENG)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YT1MB9EN

thank you, thank you, thank you. you just made my weekend. i'm so tired working that my dream weekend is just to stay at home and watch this much talked about drama - first with the eng sub then the raw. it would be a WIAN marathon weekend for me. again, thanks a bunch :rolleyes:

oh i get it now i get it now!

after watching epi 7 with c-sub last nite i finally understand something abt the scroll from Chairman Jang

i think we are suppose to see it as an entirely separate piece of artifact # 238 that was stolen by HCH's father 7 yrs ago

(even though it is obviously the same piece of paper (prop) that KBS removed from the elderly man Lee's antique book in epi 2)

now i can rest in peace :rolleyes:

Guest k4t3_1m

hey everyone! i made a music video of WIAN, episodes 1-8, although i don't know if i used all of them.

WIAN mv

its not that great, esp. towards the end, but i just thought i'd share.

edit-----

any ideas for songs that would make good mvs of WIAN?

hey everyone! i made a music video of WIAN, episodes 1-8, although i don't know if i used all of them.

WIAN mv

its not that great, esp. towards the end, but i just thought i'd share.

and

hi k4t3_1m!

thanks for sharing your first MV! great job! :D

i remember kanshu mentioned "desperado," a song for KBS.

Archived