[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

One thing I really like about this drama are the costumes and scenery. It's so pretty!

Puahahaha. If only you were around for my numerous costuming rants. The only thing I give the wardrobe props for are the colors they used and the silky material. Everything else was whack. Especially the hair. If you don't know what I mean, just watch Dae Jang Geum long enough and you'll see the difference b/n the way the clothes were made. Goong was just...bad.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweet_treats1812

Puahahaha. If only you were around for my numerous costuming rants. The only thing I give the wardrobe props for are the colors they used and the silky material. Everything else was whack. Especially the hair. If you don't know what I mean, just watch Dae Jang Geum long enough and you'll see the difference b/n the way the clothes were made. Goong was just...bad.

oohh..it was bad? i really thought it was amazing..but then i havent seen dae jang geum so i cant really compare...

Guest gloryjc

Puahahah. If only you were around for my numerous costuming rants. The only thing I give the wardrobe props for are the colors they used and the silky material. Everything else was whack. Especially the hair. If you don't know what I mean, just watch Dae Jang Geum long enough and you'll see the difference b/n the way the clothes were made. Goong was just...bad.

Well, Dae Jang Geum is a historical drama about the first woman doctor..... everything including

scenery, food, etiquette, costume have to be set in that era very closely... otherwise, it would not

be as successful...

On the other hand, Goong is a little different, it is the modern monarchy of Korea... just like the rest of

the other monarchies(?) around...... everything is a blend of old and new era.... so, that's why what we seen so far in the depict the differences... trying to live along the old and new world...even the costume...hahhaha...

Guest Caveman

I also just finished watching this (but didn't get much work done as a result :sweatingbullets:) Episodes 18-22 were quite sad and there was little of the comic relief that balanced it out but the affection of both CG and Shin being realised from Episode 23 onwards was really good to see. In retrospect, the music was extremely well utilised throughout the series (Perhaps Love, Dangshineun...Naneun Baboibnida, Parrot, Ice Pond remain favorites of mine while the others continue to stir up wonderful memories) . I feel so empty now knowing that it is finished for now (Season 2 seems soo far away too). Goong Obsessed? I think so :wub:

Well, Dae Jang Geum is a historical drama about the first woman doctor..... everything including

scenery, food, etiquette, costume have to be set in that era very closely... otherwise, it would not

be as successful...

On the other hand, Goong is a little different, it is the modern monarchy of Korea... just like the rest of

the other monarchies(?) around...... everything is a blend of old and new era.... so, that's why what we seen so far in the depict the differences... trying to live along the old and new world...even the costume...hahhaha...

nah, I don't mind the fusion b/n old and new. In fact I love em. But only in the manhwa. For some reason the only fusion dress that looked really good was the one she wore to Shin's birthday party. And when I'm making comparisons to Dae Jang Geum and Goong, I'm talking about the royal hanbok and style of hair, which of course are supposed to be relatively the same b/c they're wearing things that are very traditional in those instances. It's just that the way that the fabric was cut is just too flared out and very unproportional to their bodies unlike Dae Jang Geum which was very nice. And the hair was weird b/c it was done very lumpily(sp?) and unproportional, it's especially bad for Yul's mom. Even snowapple didn't think Goong was bad until I showed her pics from Dae Jang Geum. Dae Jang Geum may not have varied so much b/n all the beautiful colors that Goong used, but the make and style of their hanboks were much better imo.

Guest ImSmiley

this is my first time posting in here too. well i love this drama, i finished in a week. now i'm in love with Shin and CY.

Guest nousasamechie

Hello Everyone! GOONG IS GREAT!!

If anyone is interested in purchasing a BRAND NEW and genuine GOONG a.k.a Princess Hours DVD boxset with English subtitles, please PM me. I only have a few copies and these are NOT pirated copies. The boxset hasn't even been opened before and still has its orginal seal. Thank you.

Guest sunshine4ever

If anyone is interested in purchasing a BRAND NEW and genuine GOONG a.k.a Princess Hours DVD boxset with English subtitles, please PM me. I only have a few copies and these are NOT pirated copies. The boxset hasn't even been opened before and still has its orginal seal. Thank you.

wow, is this coming with Chinese subtitles also? I've seen version like this and the English subtitles is horrible...

Anyway, I just finished the drama...2 weeks I ago I watched Goong on TV and it was around episodes 17-18, I didn't understand anything and I thought Joo Ji Hoon's acting was quite stiff. Anyway thanks to two friends I got to watch this with WITH S2's English translations. I skipped the episodes randomly only because I only like to see Chaegyung and Shin's parts. I also liked Yul... :lol: howver, I was skipping at lot to the point that I didn't understand much of the drama!!! But I still enjoyed it...just yesterday and today I tried hard to watch from episode 1 to episode 24 without skipping and as soon as I understood everything in the drama I found it less draggy and I started to like the cast as well. I think Yoon Eun Hye did a great job in this drama; her acting was just awesome. I love CG almost every single moment of the drama...her crying, her laughing, her joyous and childish self, her mature side, and her love for Shin-gun was just so interesting and hilarious. I love it whenever she tried to make him laugh or smile. And then as I watched the drama again I started to understand everything. I began to appreciate Shin's family more!!! I felt like Shin's a very "controlled", authoritive figure in this drama and for that I hate him, however, his gentleness and his "calmness" in dealing with problems totally won me over. I found Shin an impressive man and although there were remarks that he made that I dislike, somehow, I just felt like he had a great argument..like when Chaegyung was sick in episode 11 and her mother and father wanted to take her home...Shin said that he couldn't let her go because he is now her guardian (or protector) And then she resisted him by saying that she doesn't have to abide to his "allowings", but he told her that in the imperial place the wife has to follow what the husband decides. If you think about it, it might seem harsh the way he stated it just to control her attitudes, however, I find it reasonable because it's the truth that our society is constructed that way where we cannot escape the reality.

Anyway, I have so much more to say, but I really gotta go and do my homework. I might be back in two weeks after my finals and rant more about Shin and Chaegyung!!! This drama sure broke my heart from episodes 18-24. I felt sorry for CG, Shin, and Yul and there were scenes that I cried~ especially scenes with CG missing her mom and dad. :tears:

P.S. seems like the ending is weird, she didn't sleep with him for a while, it's funny that it ended as though she's pregnant or something..lol..

Guest vignette

How come MBC did not make an announcement about it, the only one I heard is the original korean audio with no sub-titles.

how come yesasia is not even out yet and u have it????? :phew:

Guest lavitadolce

im currently watching this drama its soo cute ^_^ here's my artwork tribute to my fave kdramas!!

kdramamixxxjpg.jpg

its probably bootleg copies :phew:

go to yahoo or ebay auctions and you'll find sellers listing their bootleg copies as original.

what they meant by original is not that the items are officially released from the tv stations or legally distributed ones.

it simply mean they are not self-made burnt DVDr copies.

please check your facts before purchasing any dvds and know what you are paying for.

Guest mizzlinhie

Don't buy Bootleg copies :D I think those suck. I hope the original copy won't be that expensive :) I'm still waiting for it while saving my money too lolz xD

Guest baybiifusion

can someone please tell me what game they were playing at the net cafe in episode 23?

Guest bm05om

Hello lovely Goongers.Anybody in the mood for a Goong MV? :) Here's my latest one,as described in YouTube:

"This is a short,very simple MV for the tender Shin and ChaeGyung moments in Goong.I made this MV as a complement to the previous Goong MV i made called "S*CG". Basically everything in this one,the mood,music and the scenes featured,are elements that was not present in the S*CG MV.feel free to watch the S*CG MV first before watching this one ;) "

Goong MV - Love by onyxxy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNkQb25GkM

DL link for the MV:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t4l26t

Happy watching. :)

Guest mytafan

i cant wait for Goong 2...why dun they just start the shooting now...hiks hiks T.T

i miss YEH&JJH couple....

hahahahaha. you should be patient ( I also miss them , too ) . Maybe, we are the same boat . :w00t::D

Archived