[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest sweet_treats1812

Regrets for not having been able to do what he wanted to do to the fullest.

Specifically, he wanted Empress Dowager to be a character who's more actively participating in the conflicts rather than just someone who sits in the middle and mediates the old and new.

He failed to get the location he wanted in Macau. Shin and Chaegyeong were supposed to meet each other at a library, but he couldn't do it.

He wanted to depict the whole process of abdication of Emperor and sucession by the princess more in detail. (this one, I think they can show this at the beginning of season 2. I don't see why they can't do that. In fact, that's going to be a perfect intro for season 2. Shin getting dethroned as crown prince (as in Emperor's son) and then getting named as the crown prince (now as in Empress's brother) once again)

And he wanted to depict the conflict between Shin and Emperor due to the former generation's relationships but couldn't do it.

oohhh~ i see i see..thanks so much! that was a really interesting thing to read..supposed to meet at a library huh? wonder how it wudve went..

that's too bad that he wasnt able to do the things he wanted though..maybe it was coz of time constraints or smthing. but maybe he can improve more on it in season 2..not that season 1 was bad..but watever plans he has for season 2, i hope this time he can do it and not regret anything mwehehehe~

and i hope too that the characters will remain the same...it jst wont be goong anymore with yeh and jjh :blush:

EDIT: m jst curious about the library part..why the library perhaps? o_O

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he wanted to depict the conflict between Shin and Emperor due to the former generation's relationships but couldn't do it.

Thanks donilpark! U're so awesome :)

I agree with that last part. I didn't see any proper closure to the King&Yul'sMom past affair.. and what is the big secret all about. We kinda got some hints threw in some episodes.. like when the Past King scolded Yul's mom and threw her out of the Palace.. but we found no explanation whatsoever afterwards. I was like "HUH? so what was the purpose of showing that scene if they are not going to continue with a revelation???" It does seem like Hwang In Roi was rushing to finish the film on schedule, but forgot to tie in the storylines together. And since Goong was focused on Shin&CG's relationship in the first place, nobody seemed to mind. Now that the show is over, people starts re-analyzing everything and finding more loopholes.

REMINDER: NO SPAMMING & ONE LINERS, PLS. Thanks! :)

I guess that means they will be the main characters once again.

Perhaps there will be a new girl or guy that gets between the two.

That's what a lot of you is fearing.

But how I wish the Empress to be the main character in season 2...

tsk, tsk...

OMG no more third parties pls.

no. i suffer enough of hyorin. omg.

dun tell me hyorin is going to come bwteen the 2 of them again because if that is the case, the story line is as cliche as hell.

give me some thing like how they get along as a real couple for godsake. and throw some babies in in the process.

and doni. i totally agrree with u.

i kinda wish they have more screen time for the poor queen?

she has a lousy husband

Guest sweet_treats1812

OMG no more third parties pls.

no. i suffer enough of hyorin. omg.

dun tell me hyorin is going to come bwteen the 2 of them again because if that is the case, the story line is as cliche as hell.

give me some thing like how they get along as a real couple for godsake. and throw some babies in in the process.

and doni. i totally agrree with u.

i kinda wish they have more screen time for the poor queen?

she has a lousy husband

true that!!! :fury: lousy husband indeed...they need to build up the king's character..his son seems stronger than he is..i mean, sure he's supposed to pass off as someone who is ill, but he is jst so stupid..i dont see any strength of character in him..

haha~ oops..im bashing the poor guy..but really..he IS lousy...

Guest rainy_summer

tsk, tsk...

Thanks for telling us about the article. I am with you, I hope they expound the character of the Empress more. I think we ned to know how she came to ascend the throne other than her father abdicating and Shin stepping aside.

Please no more third parties. I think Shin and Chae Gyung's relationship isnt as fragile anymore like it was in S1 so I dont see how they can play it out. Sure, there may be petty jealousies here and there but I think they showed in it the last 2 episodes how their love for each other has become stronger. Heck they couldnt even bear to be apart what more have someone comet to rock that again. :angry: Plus I think "third party" conflicts are way too played out. I think there are more issues that people in a relationship has to deal with other than having other people to come between them.

I think something will happen with the Empress, not sure what, that will shake her reign and Shin and CG will step in to help which will pave the way for them to go back to the Palace. I still think Shin will end up Emperor but he and CG has to prove themselves worthy to be Emperor and Empress. :D

We kinda got some hints threw in some episodes.. like when the Past King scolded Yul's mom and threw her out of the Palace.. but we found no explanation whatsoever afterwards. I was like "HUH? so what was the purpose of showing that scene if they are not going to continue with a revelation???"

mangoicy I was thinking the same thing. Whatever happened to that? :blink: Yul's mom must have done something so unforgiveable or major for the late Emperor to react in such a way and "banish" her and Yul away not only from the palace but from the country.

He's thinking about how to keep him crown prince now that his sister is the Empress. (like I said above, this is a no brainer. instead of Hwangtaeja, he is now Hwangtaeje. Same crown prince, the only difference being the relationship to the current Emperor, where Hwangtaeja is Emperor's son and Hwangtaeje is Emperor's younger brother)

Thank you for translating the article =)

Looks like Hwang PD needs to get together a group of excellent writers to keep Season 2 as entertaining as what most fans will expect it to be. No cliche stories, especially third parties, coz, gosh lolz we got just about Plenty (with capital P) already in Season 1. (Hm, can they not consult this with Pretty Park? :unsure: I wonder.... I'm sure Pretty Park has lots of stories to help with Season 2.)

However, donilpark, I'm kinda puzzled on the bolded lines, if I may ask you further...

So, since Shin is not the Crown Prince anymore, his title changed to Hwangtaeje? :huh:

Hm, I guess I'm not clear on your definitions of Hwangtaeje. *thinking*

Oh! perhaps this is what you meant:

"Hwangtaeja is Emperor's son and Hwangtaeje is the Empress' younger brother" ? :unsure:

[Empress= HaeMyung Gongju in Season 1]

Correct me if I'm wrong pliz... :sweatingbullets:

*waves to all my lovelies! muah~*

{edited:}

Ah I see! Got it! <3 Thank you, donilpark... 'preciate the explanation a lot ^^

I learn a new korean vocab everyday hehehe....

Audrey hun! lolz... yeah~~ that'd be so so wrong for him to do that.

This is actually exciting to wait and see how they'll pursue the story further in Season 2.

Well, it'll be the first kdrama that'll have a sequel, won't it?

Bravo GOONG! ^___________^

Guest donilpark

However, donilpark, I'm kinda puzzled on the bolded lines, if I may ask you further...

So, since Shin is not the Crown Prince anymore, his title changed to Hwangtaeje? :huh:

"Hwangtaeja is Emperor's son and Hwangtaeje is the Empress' younger brother" ? :unsure:

'ja' means son and 'je' means younger brother.

So normally, hwangtaeja is Emperor's son, and hwangtaeje is Emperor's brother. (but since our 'Emperor' is a woman now, I just said Empress. In general, hwangtaeje is the brother of the reigning monarch, who is next in line to the throne)

So, basically, 'hwangtae' part means 'crown' and 'ja' or 'je' means 'prince,' but they are different in their relationship to the current Emperor. But both can be roughly tranlsated into English as crown prince.

Shenny!!! *huggles you*

Yes, I think that is what donilpark meant. Hwangtaeja is the King's son. Hwangtaeje is the Empress (HaeMyung)'s younger brother. So whatever it is, he is still the second in line to receive the Emperor title. Unless, of course, if HaeMyung gets married and have children. Then her first son/daughter will replace Shin's title as the Hwangtaeje... and he's getting further down the line. I doubt that Shin will turn out to be a psychopath and murder his own nephew/niece just to keep his title.. :ph34r: coz that would be SO SO WRONG....

Guest samgirl

yah! i saw it

i must get my eyes checked real soon coz for the life of me i really didnt catch it.

i am hoping that season 2 would include the dethronement of shin coz that part is really vague.

a confrontation scene of Shin and his father

a confrontation of shins mom and king (this guy needs a smack real bad)

a somewhat closure of Yuls character- id really want to see him somewhat happy you u know

and better if they would develop a storyline of Yul and Kang yun. when I am watching goong and there is a scene where the 2 of them are appearing .. they are always standing, or sitting by eachother and Kang Hyun gets conscious when Yul is arnd, like she would fix her hair or something.

a baby too will be great I think, and it will be interesting to see how will CG get back in the palace. Season 2 of goong is really a long wait. I wish its 2007 all ready.

Guest cheli001

donilpark -> thanks for the translation!

like most of you ppl here, please please please no more 3rd party! shin and cg's relationship ended well for s1. I hope it continues to be that way, i'm sure there will definitely petty fights but no more 3rd party please.... hehe :) I want to see babies, maybe at the latter part of s2 this way we'll still have sweet moments bet. our prince and princess. haha :lol:

rainy_summer, i also agree that shin and cg might need to prove the ppl that they're fit/capable of being an emperor and empress.

I am also thinking that there might be some problem (probably past event) with the current empress (shin's sister) I mean she's kinda too good to be true... hehehe

Guest ` k s

there isnt a need because CG belongs outside of the Palace or she is studying outside. grandma is on some special mission for the palace around the world with Shin.

But I thought CG would rather be with Shin whereever he is since that's what she said. Is it cause it's still not okay to return to the Palace since all the drama hasn't been fixed yet?

Guest Pikachu

tsk, tsk...

UGH YES. I don't want to see 3rd party conflicts in the 2nd one since... we practically got a double dose of it in the first season. And I think Yul and Hyo Rin are the only one who's kind of "valid" to be the 3rd party conflicts because of their prior relationship to the 2... I mean.. if you're just normal person/commoner... who in their right mind would try to hit on royalty knowing he/she is married? (Unless they're getting paid by the bucket to do it) XD;;;

I want them now to focus on actual married life and problems between Shin and CG.. well I included problems since it will probably include a lot of political problems, but.. yeah. T__T For season1 we hardly got any "married" goodness... but now that they're not only legally married (through arranged marriage), they're also married cause of love... it's kinda just bleh if they give them more problems when they just got married for the 2nd time. XDDDD

Guest Kashii

Can anyone please share with me HQ piccies of the beach episode please?.

I will be forever grateful with you guys! <3

Guest Jolee

THAT KISS .. EP 23 ..

So unexpected.. it felt like a hit below the belt

For sure no one can deny ..it was so hot . ice-cream will melt

But I think there`s more to the kiss than just what we saw

Gotta go way back earlier to the kisses they shared before

Shin already pressed what 3..or 4 ? .kisses on Chae Gyung`s lips

Wedding night, secretly, and forcefully during one of those trips

She didn`t like any of those and ticked him off .. she doesn`t fib

And also fought him bitterly cos somehow he made her feel cheap

But with THIS kiss she showed her love and gave her heart to Shin

I can sense so much more than just the kissing in this classic scene

Enjoy the kiss in slow motion again ..and watch .the emotional pivot ..

Shin’s love and hope verbalised, Chae Gyung`s wish to comfort

Immersed in the heat of the kiss, you can still hear her soft distress cries

And even at the ending, the tears are still streaming from her eyes

So the main emotions I feel from the kiss .is not really hot torrid sexuality

But more to do with tenderness, desire to soothe, surrender, soulmate compatibility ..

Shin with both arms around Chae Gyung ..that trademark embrace

And she`s clinging to him with such fervour and grace

He bends, turns his head inwards tenderly nuzzling her neck

Loosens his hold, look at Chae Gyung.. silently asking .make or break .?

Their confessions already brought raw emotions to the surface

Shin needs his Bingung Mama beside him – that`s her rightful place ..

Chae Gyung was overjoyed .. her HwangTaeja finally opened up

Now she gladly offered both her lips and sweetness for him to sup

You can see how he`s savouring the moments with those nibblings

Chae Gyung has fully surrendered ..from her . no more squealings..

Her hands were looped around Shin’s neck at first ..

Then when the kiss lingers .. gosh ..just how deep is Shin`s thirst ?

One hand moves in such a natural gesture to his cheek ..

Shin`s Crown Princess is now gentle loving and meek

Then her hand slides up his chest and plays with his hair

Chae Gyung is reciprocating fully ..tit for tat ..fair and square.. .

Her head and body falling backwards .. wait.. are Shin`s hands holding tight ? ..

We can all happily guess ..yeah .. what`s happening below waist.. right ?

Body language .. head movements side-to-side .. open mouth catches and releases

Such a beautiful love-scene enhanced by a kiss with realism that really surprises

This ChaeShin reel kiss just looks-feels-seems too real ..Could it .is it.perhaps a clue ?

Feelings are budding delicately that flowered the kiss from reel to real too .????.

Enjoy your Weekend ! :)

Guest AndyLee

the one beside JJH is the girl in WSAYF right?

Yes. Her name is Kang Jung Hwa alias Yun Mi Hyeon in the drama.

She is a good looking chick too.

Archived