[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest kyotoji

say hi to ay_link - my only so far spot-for-little-spot scene buddy. (if u are not around presently.. say hi to you now so when u r back to this thread.. u can see my waving greetings to u... :D )

;) Great that u didn't miss my Coke discovery in that episode also. :P

Did any1 know whether CG knows that Shin has been hugging her in his sleep the whole night through in episode 16 ? *i am just wondering*

And what happens the next day when they woke up (i mean in the bed) ?

There seems no scene on that. Cos the next day, they both already in the car ready to return back to the palace.

(hope i didn't remember the facts wrongly... correct me if there is on the sequence of the scene played)

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest uberquirkiness

i am really confused now... so the entire goong drama will be more than 24 episodes? egad.

Guest donilpark

say hi to ay_link - my only so far spot-for-little-spot scene buddy. (if u are not around presently.. say hi to you now so when u r back to this thread.. u can see my waving greetings to u... :D )

;) Great that u didn't miss my Coke discovery in that episode also. :P

Did any1 know whether CG knows that Shin has been hugging her in his sleep the whole night through in episode 16 ? *i am just wondering*

And what happens the next day when they woke up (i mean in the bed) ?

There seems no scene on that. Cos the next day, they both already in the car ready to return back to the palace.

(hope i didn't remember the facts wrongly... correct me if there is on the sequence of the scene played)

Well, they've already shown us that twice.

I think they intentionally didn't show us what happened in the morning this time in order to imply that they already got used to this, that they became so close with each other that waking up besides each other is no more something to scream about.

It was really lovely too. The way they are becoming like real husband and wife. Affection and tenderness was just overflowing there. :blush:

Guest roujin

its going to air in winter 2007? i thot it was going to continue right after goong finishes its first 20 episodes. i'm hearing different things now

im pretty sure the only thing confirmed is that goong will be extended 4 episodes. they will follow right after the 20 episodes and it is being called 'season 2'

and did anyone continue to check up on this?

http://epg.epg.co.kr/poll/question.asp?rch_no=2855

it closed yesteday and shin won by only 31 votes. lmfao.

subbing team: thanks for ep13/14 great job!

u know in Ep14 when CG left Yul after the amusement park and spent time on her own

she was having a drink by herself and thinking....

"It used to be normal to walk in the crowded streets with my friends

But now, I think I am looking at a whole different world

Just like looking at a picture..."

i know she's lamenting her loss of privacy/freedom but do u sense that she's also empathising with Shin

as to the kinda life he has had to put up with?

finally realising that every aspect of his life is up for public scrutiny

and she's depressed about that too (on top of being hurt by those other horrible thai photos of course!)

also i posted this yesterday but thot it was missed out as the thread was flying at top speed

wadyall think?

Here's my take on Ep 17...

Shin is NOT at the hotel on his own device to netiher apologise nor reconcile with HR - NO WAY!!!!

He definitely wants to grow old with CG and he's not wishy-washy about HR either - he's never getting back with her!!

He's there to defend his position as Crown Prince!!!!

the Queen must have explained (and i believe he must have been smart enuf to guess it himself too)

that all the recent events were strategically planned & the intended action is to discredit and possibly dethrone him

the Queen must have told him to stand up to the challenge - fight for his right to the throne, protect the Queen's position AND fight for the girl whom he loves!!!!

the Queen must have arranged for HoToot to be transferred to the hotel and posted guards outside to prevent all possible interaction with MoToot

Also, she must have arranged for Shin to confront HoToot to have her own up and pinpoint the real culprit

and maybe even solicit her as a counter-spy!!

(remember that SHIN jap interview where he was asked if he would make a good SPY actor?! haha!)

wadya think?

Guest kyotoji

hehe, i think season 2 this year is pretty official! they even posted the good news on the main soompi page =)

Telly, *waves to you*

are u referring to our this current main soompi page that we are all in the thread? But i cannot find the news leh...

where? can guide me where is it?

thanks donilpark for sharing your thoughts on my just posted question. :)

Guest donilpark

im pretty sure the only thing confirmed is that goong will be extended 4 episodes. they will follow right after the 20 episodes and it is being called 'season 2'

Where did you hear that from?

If there was a change in plans, I didn't hear that.

Can you show me the source of this news?

Guest roujin

Where did you hear that from?

If there was a change in plans, I didn't hear that.

Can you show me the source of this news?

this is off soompi news.

http://soompi.com/?q=node/69

MBC Drama “Palace”

Submitted by CindyW88 on Wed, 03/01/2006 - 3:13pm. category: tv/film news

2/28/06 – MBC decides to extend the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Palace” for 4 more episodes. These 4 episodes could be called “Season 2 production”. Originally, the drama has 20 episodes and will wrap up on 3/16. On 2/28, the drama manager of MBC Kim Sa Hyun reveals, “We will extend 4 more episodes of the drama ‘Palace’ as season 2 production. As to the problems pertaining to organization and TV commercials, details remain to be discussed. The production of 4 more episodes is underway now.” This drama is popular with TV ratings close to 30%.

http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200602/200602280386.html

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...602281900021110

ey i guess not sure when they will be airing anymore but im assuming its gonna follow after...it says extended and i dont see the point of ending a drama and bringing it back for just four episodes. but who knows.

...this thread must move really fast.

Guest Telly

and did anyone continue to check up on this?

http://epg.epg.co.kr/poll/question.asp?rch_no=2855

it closed yesteday and shin won by only 31 votes. lmfao.

aww, dearest yully lost =| oh well, close competition there! the daily voters must've been very determined, moohahahaha

Telly, *waves to you*

are u referring to our this current main soompi page that we are all in the thread? But i cannot find the news leh...

where? can guide me where is it?

hello there =) hrmm, i believe roujin just posted the news links up for you =D

but wow, so much confusion about this SEASON 2 thingy majiggie =o

maybe the only way it'll be 100000% confirmed is when we see 'SEE YOU NEXT YEAR' on episode 24? =p

Guest donilpark

this is off soompi news.

MBC Drama “Palace”

2/28/06 – MBC decides to extend the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Palace” for 4 more episodes. These 4 episodes could be called “Season 2 production”. Originally, the drama has 20 episodes and will wrap up on 3/16. On 2/28, the drama manager of MBC Kim Sa Hyun reveals, “We will extend 4 more episodes of the drama ‘Palace’ as season 2 production. As to the problems pertaining to organization and TV commercials, details remain to be discussed. The production of 4 more episodes is underway now.” This drama is popular with TV ratings close to 30%.

Oh, I see.

So it's just a mistranslation.

What they are saying is not that the 4 episodes are season 2, but that they are extending season 1 by 4 episodes in order to make a connecting link with a potential season 2.

So these are exactly the articles that I was thinking about, and I wondered if there was any new development after this.

Guest beautifulxmess

OKay..I too now am officially confused with all of this Season 2 business.

I thought Goong was extended to 24 eps in order for it to flow into season 2 next year as donilpark said...

If the 4 eps thing is considered a 'Season 2'...then the korean definition of 'drama seasons' is indeed a strange one. They could've just said 'we're extending the drama' instead of using that term...

gaaah...so confused! o well...at least the 24 ep thing is confirmed. :)

***EDIT; thanks donilpark and roujin for clearing it up. XD

subbing team: thanks for ep13/14 great job!

u know in Ep14 when CG left Yul after the amusement park and spent time on her own

she was having a drink by herself and thinking....

"It used to be normal to walk in the crowded streets with my friends

But now, I think I am looking at a whole different world

Just like looking at a picture..."

i know she's lamenting her loss of privacy/freedom but do u sense that she's also empathising with Shin

as to the kinda life he has had to put up with?

finally realising that every aspect of his life is up for public scrutiny

and she's depressed about that too (on top of being hurt by those other horrible thai photos of course!)

also i posted this yesterday but thot it was missed out as the thread was flying at top speed

wadyall think?

since there are 8 episodes left, i dont think that shin would stand firm unless there is an actual threat from CK that she will officially leave him and this time, no amount of hugs/pda can atone for his behavior. and judging by the preview of ep 17 ( we know how deceptive those can be) and including the BTS pics of that party at Libro, im thinking that maybe Shin is pushing CK away , enough for her to call it quits and leave him for good. (thus setting up that reunion in the next couple of ep that remain) he is probably doing that for her sake rather than his own and hence we have that Full House thing where that guy actually divorced the girl although he didnt want to.

I think after the divorce, Shin will officially quit his position and look for CK to be with her again.I guess you can say he is trying to spare her from all that grief that will come their way if she actually did stay.

What does everyone else think? i think we should see whose storyline the PD would follow?

Guest `soliloquy

Just wanted to say my deepest thanks to the subbing team who made it all happen; you guys rock.

And gawd, i hope the whole 4-episode-extension thing gets settled soon, cause its all still very uncertain..

I just hope they won't let us wait too long ie.winter 2007 before they let us in on season 2.

I'd probably waste away or something, its just too darn long!

Guest donilpark

Just wanted to say my deepest thanks to the subbing team who made it all happen; you guys rock.

And gawd, i hope the whole 4-episode-extension thing gets settled soon, cause its all still very uncertain..

I just hope they won't let us wait too long ie.winter 2007 before they let us in on season 2.

I'd probably waste away or something, its just too darn long!

Nothing's uncertain.

Everything is fixed.

Season 1: 24 episodes.

Season 2: winter 2007. Don't know how may episodes yet.

I think after the divorce, Shin will officially quit his position and look for CK to be with her again.I guess you can say he is trying to spare her from all that grief that will come their way if she actually did stay.

What does everyone else think? i think we should see whose storyline the PD would follow?

I think if they do this, and continue all this into another full season next year I'm going to stop watching it. Sorry, but they're already dragging it out way too much.

Guest roujin

Oh, I see.

So it's just a mistranslation.

What they are saying is not that the 4 episodes are season 2, but that they are extending season 1 by 4 episodes in order to make a connecting link with a potential season 2.

So these are exactly the articles that I was thinking about, and I wondered if there was any new development after this.

OKay..I too now am officially confused with all of this Season 2 business.

I thought Goong was extended to 24 eps in order for it to flow into season 2 next year as donilpark said...

If the 4 eps thing is considered a 'Season 2'...then the korean definition of 'drama seasons' is indeed a strange one. They could've just said 'we're extending the drama' instead of using that term...

gaaah...so confused! o well...at least the 24 ep thing is confirmed. :)

oh i never thought of it that way haha that makes more sense.

gah but honestly im kinda disappointed because where the drama is heading after last episode is unneeded. shin and cg officially like each other....i dont see the point in bringing hyorin into the picture again. lol maybe im just bitter cuz of hyorin.

Guest kyotoji

this is off soompi news.

MBC Drama “Palace”

ey i guess not sure when they will be airing anymore but im assuming its gonna follow after...it says extended and i dont see the point of ending a drama and bringing it back for just four episodes. but who knows.

Thanks, roujin for the above.

aww, dearest yully lost =| oh well, close competition there! the daily voters must've been very determined, moohahahaha

hello there =) hrmm, i believe roujin just posted the news links up for you =D

but wow, so much confusion about this SEASON 2 thingy majiggie =o

maybe the only way it'll be 100000% confirmed is when we see 'SEE YOU NEXT YEAR' on episode 24? =p

Thanks Telly also.

Hmmm... Telly, is it because u never did your votes? that's why Yul lose ... :P

hi~it is going to be in winter of 2007.

my korean teacher mentioned it to me

liquidfir, *waves to you*

Wow... your korean teacher also watch Goong? Share us with her thoughts if there is any. :)

and what ? Winter 2007 ?

Why ? It's another year for us to wait meh...

Guest deeism

p.s. oh my goong-ness! i want a yul one =)

1141605123gung9oq.jpg

=OOOO are they really for sale?? I want a shinnnn <3333

and just wondering, is any other place in the world airing Goong besides the US and korea?

edit. just wondering [again] what exactly is that drink thing the shin drank before the "night"??

Archived