[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest genki

Just watched the last 5 episodes of Goong today, and I'm kind of confused about the ending..

So Shin's sister became queen after Shin gave up his royal position.. Since the grandmother+Shin are doing charity work, Shin's parents are retired... so is Shin's sister the only one running the palace?? Are they allowed to do that, just let a single queen rule, without a king or a prince/princess next in line?

I think they really could've tied up more of the loose ends ~ maybe discuss the past of how Yul's mother was found out to be in a love affair with the king, and how she got kicked out, etc. And doesn't Yul have to go to jail after confessing that he set the fire?? :mellow:

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mizzlinhie

Yea I don't know how can the citizens forgive him for doing such a thing?? I guess PD has to clear it up on the season 2. There're too much unanswer questions at the end of season 1. Or maybe PD does that on purpose to make us watch season 2 lolz :D Thinking about it, I can't wait til we get to watch it.

jobogae, thanks for pointing that out. Maybe the font is too small? :mellow:

Actually, we're quite up to date here in this thread. rainbowbrite was the first one that shared the 2nd ost here and even helped us by converting them to .mp3. *salutes, kudos, applauses and throws confettis for her* Only in Goong thread where people lovingly share everything they can find of our favorite drama, no? ;)

So i would like to see that for her and maybe the possibility of divorce for both of them so they can see what the real world is like and when they do finally realize they love each other and truly want to be with each other, then GET TOGETHER> yes i know really cliche but who doesnt want to sample what the world can offer.

Another heartbreaking phase? :blink:

This is a K-drama with all the shenanigans, but Goong 1 is already filled with cliches. Can other characters have the drama phase instead? Or Shin & Chaegyung can play cupid. Or something like that :D

btw.. wat's about the Goong 1.5 anyway? is it only one ep?

It's a special talk show, discussing 280 days of production time, the BTS, NGs and a special dance performance by the actress that played Choi Sang Gong.

{edit}Unfortunately no, it's not an extension of Goong. Lots of YEH/JJH interactions though, which of course cannot be ignored. hehehe ;)

please can someone refer me to the LQ sub ... i cant find working links ... thanks

Backlog is the magic word. Start with 20-30 pages back. It's not that far. :lol:

Guest ripgal

yeah.. i kinda think they rushed the ending a bit.. didn't really clarify on how Shin's sister became Queen. n yea..btw.. they juz forgave the King like that? o_0

i wasn't really sure about CG's feelings when she was in Macao.. she was so against the feeling of leaving Shin in the beginning, n in the last part she kinda like said she might go sumwhere else and travel.. at that moment i thought she changed a bit. of coz, the ending was good.. and cute. at last they got married! :)

can't wait for Goong S2. :w00t:

and thanx bitterkoekjes on the season1.5 thingy..i thought it was an extension.. well okay..:)

Hey, can anyone help me with the royal terms (name calling) of the palace?.. i mean, like what do they call the grandma on the series, and what's Chae Gyung royal name calling (i know it's fei goong mama or something like it...) can anyone help with a complete list?.. thanks in advance! you guys are sooo generous! ^^

Guest jhing

genki - yes, the sister became queen...is she allowed to rule a country just by herself? I think so. :D

I'm not quite sure. hahaha Maybe someone else can answer this.

But who knows in Season2, they might also focus on her lovelife. I guess, we'll just have to wait and see. Because I seriously think that she needs a husband and an heir. hehehe

As for the love affair between Shin's dad and Yul's mom being found out by Shin, Yul and I think even the queen, I don't think that needs discussing any further coz that's all happened in the past and it's not like the king wanted Yul's mom back. Eventhough the king didn't really love the queen(Shin's mom), he was very loyal to her and he would never leave her for Yul's mom. For the king, the royalty or his position or his duty come first before his personal feelings or lovelife.

I don't think Yul's mom got kicked out of the palace. It was Yul's idea to get out of the palace so he and his mom can start afresh.

And No, Yul doesn't have to go to jail for confessing that it was him who started the fire. They, (Shin and others) knew that Yul would never do such a thing. Besides, what would people think if they found out that it was another royal who was behind the fire? That would be another royal scandal. They simply didn't need another one with CG already announcing divorce and all. :D

You read my mine :blink: When I finish watching Goong Princess hours not to long ago (two days ago)...I was thinking the same thing...Like how in the world will these people do a season 2....Since they basically wrote out Yul in the first season by making him confess on national tv and making peace with his mom...Also, Shin ex-girlfriend how will they bring her back into the story....I mean she did finally give up on Shin and went after her dream...The writers of Goong Princess hours should have stuck to the Manhwa version...Season 1 jumped way ahead of the manhwa it is based on....Another problem I see with Season 2 is that they might make Shin and CG to lovey dovey for my taste... To avoide this I'm hoping they make it so she does not have a baby just yet...And let that be the only real problem the couple face is pressure to have a child...Let's say Shin sister discover she (Who is now the Queen) cannot produce a child...So, thus the royal family will need a future heir...This were they should bring back Yul into the story making it were the royal family with the help of his mom try and find him a suitable bride...

If they throw in the conflict of CG wanting to still be a designer and not a mother so soon with Shin not wanting the pressures of palace life again nor that for his future child...Then you'd have a more of modern day story people can relate too... Yul mom can use this chance to once again try and get power of the throne through a future grandchild...So, she can be made the evil person in season 2 by having her look for and find a girl that will pressure Yul to forget CG and marry her...Shin ex-girlfriend could be CG new best friend...

Oh, the possiblities for season 2 :D

I Love How Your mind Works/Twists!! I Didn't even think of that...(about Shin's sis being barren)....rawk solid idea....But i can't imagine hwang hu mama being evil anymore...she's too nice now and she loves CG too much!!

Maybe pressure from the Korean Public...(e.g. *sensitive issue* Princess Aiko of Japan??)...about getting an heir...etc...etc...then CG can be stressed...suicidal but try to hides her wrist slashing attempts from Shin...cos she doesn't want to worrie him....

Maybe she takes some remedy to induce childbearing (But its a banned substance which is hazardous to her health...etc...) Then Shin doesn't know...but eventually finds out...etc..

Please continue anyone...since i continued building up the story from the previous post... Anyone has more IDEAS??

~Loving is Caring, Caring Is Sharing~

Guest thuytien

I LOVE THIS DRAMA!!! One of the best ever.. GOONG is now my MOST FAVORITE DRAMA ever. I am happy that Chaegyung and Shin loves each other at the end... but i feel so sad for Yul. I was crying at the end where he did not get the person he loves and he did not deserve that ending. The writer should have written about a character that loves Yul too. Yul is my most favorite character throughout the drama... HE is SOOOO CUTE!!! This drama rocks!!! =D

Guest mj07

i'm very glad to read the update that the original cast has been confirmed -

i read in asta tv may that they regret that they listened so much to the popular demand and strayed from their original story-line, and had a hard time getting back to the planned ending, so they will be sure to finish filming before broadcasting next time so nothing crazy like this happens again~!

oooh, I hadn't heard about them bending the storyline to please the fans! What did they "stray" from, does anyone know? Super curious about that, b/c maybe the drama would have been less draggy, depending on what they had planned

Will the REALLY tape the whole thing months before airing it? Isn't that kind of unusual for a K-drama? I kinda hope they do, and that they have a good, well-developed script before they start!

cute goong video

here's really cute video.

i love it because it's soo cute and the song makes me laugh too

sorry if it's been posted before.

credits to the maker of the video

p.s. could someone tell me the title of the song playing..it makes me laugh and it really fits goong.haha.thank you soo muuuch :lol:

ohhh...i like it... if i'm not mistaken the title is Dangguen Ssong (Of Course Song)... its from My Girl

i aggreed it really fits goong

CARROT/OF COURSE Song

아 ~ 아 ~ 아 ~

ah ~ ah ~ ah~

Ah~ Ah~ Ah~

당근~쏭

DangGeun ~ Ssong

Of course~ song

나 보고싶니? (당근) 나 생각나니? (당근)

Na BoGoShipNi? (DangGeun) Na SaengGakNaNi? (DangGeun)

Do you miss me? (Of course) Do you think of me? (Of course)

알러뷰 유럽미 (당근당근당근)

AlLeoByu YuLeobMi (i love you, you love me) (DangGeunDangGeunDangGeun)

I love you, you love me (of course, of course, of course)

나 좋아하니? (당근) 나 사랑하니? (당근)

Na JohAHani? (DangGeun) Na SarangHaNi? (DangGeun)

Do you like me? (Of course) Do you love me? (Of course)

알러뷰 유럽미 (당근당근당근)

너 변하지마 (당근) 언제까지나 (당근)

Neo ByeonHaJiMa (DangGeun) EonJeKkaJiNa (DangGeun)

Don't you change (Of course) until whenever (Of course)

좋아해 좋아해 (당근당근당근)

JohAHae JohAHae (DangGeunDangGeunDangGeun)

I like you, I like you (of course, of course, of course)

늘 행복해요 (당근) 늘 즐거워요 (당근)

Neul HangBokHaeYo (DangGeun) Neul JeulGeoWeoYo (DangGeun)

Always be happy (of course) always be joyful (of course)

사랑해 사랑해~

SaRangHae SaRangHae~

I love you, I love you~

당근~쏭~

DangGeun~Ssong~

Of course~ song~

때로는 짜증나고 때로는 힘들어도 너의 곁에

TtaeRoNeun JjaJeungNaGo TtaeRoNeun HimDeurEoDo NeoEui GyeotE

Even if you get annoyed, even if you go through hard times

언제나 웃고 있는 날 생각해

EonJeNa UtGo ItNeun Nal SaengGakHae

Think of me always laughing, next to you

때로는 슬퍼지고 때로는 외로워도 너의 곁에

TtaeRoNeun SeulPeoJiGo TtaeRoNeun WiRoWeoDo NeoEui GyeotE

Even if you get sad, even if you get lonely

언제나 함께 하는 나를 생각해

EonJeNa HamKke HaNeun NaReul SaengGakHae

Think of me always with you

아 ~ 아 ~ 아 ~

Ah~Ah~Ah~

Ah~Ah~Ah~

당근~쏭

DangGeun~Ssong

Of course~song

Guest aznbabygurl

cute goong video

here's really cute video.

i love it because it's soo cute and the song makes me laugh too

sorry if it's been posted before.

credits to the maker of the video

p.s. could someone tell me the title of the song playing..it makes me laugh and it really fits goong.haha.thank you soo muuuch :lol:

oh, that's soooo cute

Guest Pikachu

oooh, I hadn't heard about them bending the storyline to please the fans! What did they "stray" from, does anyone know? Super curious about that, b/c maybe the drama would have been less draggy, depending on what they had planned

Will the REALLY tape the whole thing months before airing it? Isn't that kind of unusual for a K-drama? I kinda hope they do, and that they have a good, well-developed script before they start!

I read a while ago that the PD mentioned how he wanted to put more focus on the abdication of the throne... and Shin's sis being the Queen, stuff like that, but unfortunately he couldn't. XD That's all I could remember... but I'm guessing he wanted to focus more on the political side of Goong, as well, and let all the "drama" between Shin and CG happen in a more natural course rather than giving it all in like 3 straight eps and fixing it immediately, too. XDDD

The others are just speculation, but I do remember the PD saying the first sentence. o_O Something like the abdication anyway. XDDD

ladies and germs, after a month exile from this thread, i finally finished goong last nite!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to go thru the milllion pages i have missed. since this is the best thread on soompi (hehe), i'll let you in on a little secret! SOOMPI should be running a lot faster starting tomorrow (fingers crossed) as i'm finally getting a 2nd server online (please everything go smoothly!!!)

Thanks for the hardwork with the site soomp! :D

o man, i'm only on page 1358... i might just give up.. hehhh

ya - according to another article in asta, GOONG wasn't supposed to orginally supposed to air till april or something (feel free to correct me!). AND it wasn't even supposed to be an MBC production, but totally independent from any of the major networks (one of the new trends). i think the production company is called 8 peaks? (gotta check at home). but when the start date got pulled up to january, they had no choice but to enlist the help of mbc, and were on an insane schedule just to get the dramas out on time. they were saying how JJH never even got to see the light of day because he was really like a prince trapped in the world of goong because of the shooting schedule.

anyways, before i get any more facts mixed up, i think i'll just try to scan the goong-related articles and post them here... sounds good? (if anyone else hasn't already... let me know if they have).

Guest sowhat

ohhh...i like it... if i'm not mistaken the title is Dangguen Ssong (Of Course Song)... its from My Girl

i aggreed it really fits goong

CARROT/OF COURSE Song

아 ~ 아 ~ 아 ~

ah ~ ah ~ ah~

Ah~ Ah~ Ah~

당근~쏭

DangGeun ~ Ssong

Of course~ song

나 보고싶니? (당근) 나 생각나니? (당근)

Na BoGoShipNi? (DangGeun) Na SaengGakNaNi? (DangGeun)

Do you miss me? (Of course) Do you think of me? (Of course)

알러뷰 유럽미 (당근당근당근)

나 좋아하니? (당근) 나 사랑하니? (당근)

Na JohAHani? (DangGeun) Na SarangHaNi? (DangGeun)

Do you like me? (Of course) Do you love me? (Of course)

알러뷰 유럽미 (당근당근당근)

너 변하지마 (당근) 언제까지나 (당근)

Neo ByeonHaJiMa (DangGeun) EonJeKkaJiNa (DangGeun)

Don't you change (Of course) until whenever (Of course)

좋아해 좋아해 (당근당근당근)

JohAHae JohAHae (DangGeunDangGeunDangGeun)

I like you, I like you (of course, of course, of course)

늘 행복해요 (당근) 늘 즐거워요 (당근)

Neul HangBokHaeYo (DangGeun) Neul JeulGeoWeoYo (DangGeun)

Always be happy (of course) always be joyful (of course)

사랑해 사랑해~

SaRangHae SaRangHae~

I love you, I love you~

당근~쏭~

DangGeun~Ssong~

Of course~ song~

때로는 짜증나고 때로는 힘들어도 너의 곁에

TtaeRoNeun JjaJeungNaGo TtaeRoNeun HimDeurEoDo NeoEui GyeotE

Even if you get annoyed, even if you go through hard times

언제나 웃고 있는 날 생각해

EonJeNa UtGo ItNeun Nal SaengGakHae

Think of me always laughing, next to you

때로는 슬퍼지고 때로는 외로워도 너의 곁에

TtaeRoNeun SeulPeoJiGo TtaeRoNeun WiRoWeoDo NeoEui GyeotE

Even if you get sad, even if you get lonely

언제나 함께 하는 나를 생각해

EonJeNa HamKke HaNeun NaReul SaengGakHae

Think of me always with you

아 ~ 아 ~ 아 ~

Ah~Ah~Ah~

Ah~Ah~Ah~

당근~쏭

DangGeun~Ssong

Of course~song

Do you any chance know where to find this song? I watched the MV, and fell completely in love with the song, search every where but no such luck.. :sweatingbullets:

I read a while ago that the PD mentioned how he wanted to put more focus on the abdication of the throne... and Shin's sis being the Queen, stuff like that, but unfortunately he couldn't. XD

Fan-serving and probably not enough time to do research. They would had to make rules, parlement meetings, and many other things to change the rules for male-heir to male/female-heir, e.g. like what happened in Sweden and what they're now trying to do in Japan. A very sensitive issue too apparently. Not to mention the serious/politic term-induced dialogues which I'm not sure could really fit in Goong in the first place. *Hello peach!*

Thank you for sharing the news, soomp!. I actually never heard of those two news. (Got to the hype after page 400. Never finished backlogging actually. I relied heavily on First Post at that time. *huggles theedqueen & beautifulxmexx*). Oh, more news-sharing? *throws confettis* XDDD

Guest mikal19

xgannaxp, i believe the subbing team is working on them as fast as they can at this moment. (30% i think was the percentage) you can check for the progress in the english subtitle thread.

:) is it possible that there are subtitles for the special Goong 1.5? Thank you :)

xqannaxp, I suppose you are not familiar yet with the rules of our thread :) Pls check the first post for all general information, i.e eps links, subs links, etc *courtesy of bitterkoekjes, wb to the thread, rie!*. If it's not posted there, then it's not out yet. The maginificent With-S2 subbing team is still working on it, and once it's out, you can find it here or at d-addicts. ;)

Archived