[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweet_treats1812

I just saw the Behind the Scenes of the Epi 23 and 24 NG from YouTube.... there was this scene after the HOT Kiss of Shin and Chaegung.... where lies on top Shin... she was one who initiated and aggressively take off the tie Shin... this sence is incredible.... she was untying the tie... taking the initiative and Shin was trying to scold her abit and trying to stop her..... Arrrrkkk this scene was deleted!!!! I think this is where the baby was created!! I wish that they did not delete this scene!! I'msoooo frustrated a lot of fabulous exciting heart-stopping scenes were deleted!!!

hahaha~ no no no...that part was jst adlibbed by YEH :lol: i dont think they even had that on the script..the captions in those scenes say that it was all adlibs, that was why JJH was laughing... :lol: so sad huh? i guess it wudve been nice if they made it that way :P

Guest melody_heart

oh..i think i'm late!

can someone please please reupload episode 5 and 6 for me?? at ysi??

edit: ok..i found them..i'm so stupid!!:P

wow, DallasE, so many good points, I just want to comment on them all!!

I’m of the same view that the writer didn’t really tie up a lot of loose ends in Season I. Too many questions went unanswered. It’s ludicrous that Yul & his mom seemed to have escaped unscathed, no recriminations whatsoever even after Yul publicly owned up & assumed the blame for the treasonous act instigated by his mom.

Unless, their punishment = their banishment?

If so, they should have at least inserted a scene of the Great Queen decreeing it.

yes yes, and yes! And, if they've been banished (she said to Yul "We can't come back here ever again") how are they going to bring Yul into part 2?

Personally, I think K-dramas (with the exception of “Resurrection” and those super long period dailies) are adept in creating really beautiful, moving tales on romantic love and familial love, but delivering intriguing plots aren’t really their forte.

To say power struggle exists in Goong is truly an overstatement. Seriously, apart from some rather minor behind the scene maneuvers of Yul’s mom and Yul himself meeting with the elders, plus a few run-ins between the mothers at the palace hallway, there’s practically nothing more to it. I’m still curious who’s the mysterious person that Yul’s mom instructed Yul’s minder (the Baek guy) to locate in secrecy. Also, poor Yul’s dad didn’t even make any appearance in the show! Whatever happened to him 14 years ago and what prompted the exile of Yul & his mom in the first place? The late king was unclear on this except that he was fuming mad with Ho-Toot.

More good points! I know a lot of viewers loved watching the relationships struggles of the two leads, but I thought there was going to be a little bit more "meat" to the story when it started out. They dropped all these little hints about this and that, but never followed through. Why did the king blame himself for what happened to his brother? How did the old king find out about the HoToot and how she'd been playing the two brothers? Ya, and who WAS the person Yul's mom intructed that seedy assistant guy to find in secret? It seems like answering these questions wasn't important to the PD/writer.

It’s a pity that extending the series by another 4 episodes didn’t lend them enough time to put things in better perspective. I believe there was way too much focus on Hyorin-Shin-ChaeGyung love triangle. The character of Hyorin haunted the better part of the whole series and when she’s gone, Yul took up where she left off and from there on, it’s misunderstanding-galore between Shin & ChaeGyung. Really, they could have lessen our heartaches too by going light on those maddening misunderstandings between the royal couple and showing us instead how Shin beat Yul’s mom in her own treacherous game.

YES YES YES! I would have loved for the series to focus on how the two leads actually fell in love, then the struggles of CG to adjust to palace life, then the troubles that Yul's mom caused being their stress point rather than the way they constantly brought third parties into it. I wouldn't have wanted to see Yul's role lessened, but judging from the last episode, all along he thought he was trying to make the dreams of his dead father come true, that he was following his father's path. I do with more was made of that. It was heartbreaking when he finally realizes that everything had been manipulated by his mother for her own ambitions, all before he was even born! Poor guy!

I would have loved more of the palace intrigue (sp?) if it involved Shin squaring off against Yul's mom, maybe he and his mom joining forces (obviously the king is just too blinded and stupid!) etc. etc.

PS when the heck did Yul and Shin make their peace? All of a sudden in episode 24 they're fencing together? and what made Shin give the letter and photo to Yul?? I feel like either it was poorly written, or something was lost in translation? Anyone??

Guest rainy_summer

PS when the heck did Yul and Shin make their peace? All of a sudden in episode 24 they're fencing together? and what made Shin give the letter and photo to Yul?? I feel like either it was poorly written, or something was lost in translation? Anyone??

I think Shin never really truly believed that Yul was that evil thats why it was kind of easy for him to just let it go. But Shin also knows that Yul is not stopping whatever it was that needed to be stopped. When Shin told Yul in Ep 23 that "his selfish love is just going to make CG leave the palace". I think giving Yul the letter and pic is his way of telling Yul something that he may not be aware of. Maybe its also his way of telling Yul about the fate that the Queen mentioned to him before. By giving him the letter and picture, he gave Yul the opportunity to look at things with a different perspective because Yul always stressed that it was taken away from him but like he told his mom, his fate was already planned before and no wonder he can never really have CG. Law of karma. :blink: LOL I dont know if I am making any sense.

I think Shin never really truly believed that Yul was that evil thats why it was kind of easy for him to just let it go. But Shin also knows that Yul is not stopping whatever it was that needed to be stopped. When Shin told Yul in Ep 23 that "his selfish love is just going to make CG leave the palace". I think giving Yul the letter and pic is his way of telling Yul something that he may not be aware of. Maybe its also his way of telling Yul about the fate that the Queen mentioned to him before. By giving him the letter and picture, he gave Yul the opportunity to look at things with a different perspective because Yul always stressed that it was taken away from him but like he told his mom, his fate was already planned before and no wonder he can never really have CG. Law of karma. :blink: LOL I dont know if I am making any sense.

I agree. I think that's one way Shin hoped would be a way to get back at Yul's mom. He told Yul he believed in him, in his innocence, in him trying to do the "right" thing.

Shin didn't have any proof that Yul's mom caused the problem, not from the financial transaction, not from the 'blacked-out palace cctv', so he needed to use some psychological leverage to acquit himself.

By letting Yul know about his real position in Yul's mom point of view - he would break the bond between Yul's mom and Yul - and henceforth forced Yul to do something, and at the very least, to contradict his mom.

Guest xtweeek

HIIIIIIIIIII i've been lurking around the goong thread for awhile now

i finished watching all the goong episodes!!

a big THANKS to the subbing team!!<3

its great to hear that everyone will be back!!

is hyorin coming back too? i didn't think she'd be back since she went overseas to do ballet..

and

is yul coming back?

i thought someone mentioned that kim jung hoon was going in the army? x_X

Guest Pikachu

is hyorin coming back too? i didn't think she'd be back since she went overseas to do ballet..

and

is yul coming back?

i thought someone mentioned that kim jung hoon was going in the army? x_X

Well.. seeing as Kim Jung Hoon is said to have confirmed, then, yes, Yul will be returning. And yeah, he'll eventually have to join the army, but I guess he's holding off those plans right now.

As for Hyo Rin, well Hyo RIn as a character can still possibly come back (as KANG IN'S LOVE INTEREST), though I hope when she does, she'll play more of a good friend to the royal couple XDD;; and not like I don't know.. come back with a terminal disease and try to get Shin again. >_>

Guest Ailin*

Great discussions going on. Keep it up. Since we're on the topic of why did Shin give the letter and photo to Yul, I was comparing the English (thanks to WITH S2) and Chinese (YYCAF) subs of the fencing scene in Ep.24 and noticed a substantial discrepancy between the two and wondered if there really was any meaning "lost in translation", so to speak. I know that the Chinese subs can be inaccurate at times. But at this particular scene, it shed more "light" to the circumstances, while I found the English version to be a bit vague. For instance:

English Version

(After removing headgear and shaking hands)

Yul: Are you saying that I lost when I got attacked?

Shin: You didn't make it up once before.

Yul: How can you be sure of that?

Shin: The reason how I know is that you would never cross that line.

Yul: What is this? (takes letter from Shin)

Shin: I thought that you were a good person.

Shin: But, now that I think about it, the person who loses in this fate is not me, but you.

Shin: When the crown of the Prince was taken away from me by you, I wasn't comfortable with it.

Yul: If we were to switch places, I would have done the same.

Chinese Version

Yul: You don't have any intentions of fighting back/attacking?

Shin: This conspiracy wasn't planned by you.

Yul: How can you be so sure of that?

Shin: The Yul that I know doesn't do underhanded things.

Shin: I've always thought that knowing about this...by myself alone is enough.

Shin: But now that I think about it, the person who can end this twisted fate amongst the three of us...is not me, but you.

Shin: After you were forced out of the palace, I was never comfortable with the role of being the Crown Prince.

Yul: If our roles were reversed, I would have been the same.

I think this is an important scene to thoroughly understand because not only is it the last direct conversation between Shin and Yul, it gives the motive behind why Shin gave the letter and photo to Yul. It'll be very helpful if anyone who understands this conversation can clarify what exactly was being said. Thanks.

Guest rainy_summer

Chinese Version

Yul: You don't have any intentions of fighting back/attacking?

Shin: This conspiracy wasn't planned by you.

Yul: How can you be so sure of that?

Shin: The Yul that I know doesn't do underhanded things.

Shin: I've always thought that knowing about this...by myself is enough.

Shin: But now that I think about it, the person who can end this twisted fate amongst the three of us...is not me, but you.

Shin: After you were forced out of the palace, I was never comfortable with the role of being the Crown Prince.

Yul: If our roles were reversed, I would have been the same.

I think this is an important scene to thoroughly understand because not only is it the last direct conversation between Shin and Yul, it gives the motive behind why Shin gave the letter and photo to Yul. It'll be very helpful if anyone who understands this conversation can clarify what exactly was being said. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. :D it makes sense now why Shin gave it to Yul. He knew that Yul isnt capable to doing such. They after all grew up together and seemed close until everyone's emotions got in the way. He knows that Yul has the "power" to end what was going on. Yul already had his suspicion that his mom was behind it but all these times he thought it was because his mom genuinely wanted him to have what they (Yul and mom) felt was taken away from him. Yul, knowing that this is not the first time his mom has manipulated things brought to light his suspicion which made him come forward to clear Shin. Maybe Shin too was helping Yul understand where his mom was coming from which is why Yul was also as easily forgiving to his mom considering everything that has happened.

I wonder why Shin said this... After you were forced out of the palace, I was never comfortable with the role of being the Crown Prince.

Guest sweet_treats1812

I wonder why Shin said this... After you were forced out of the palace, I was never comfortable with the role of being the Crown Prince.

this is jst my opinion, but i think he wasnt comfortable because in the beginning years of his life, he knew that he wasnt born to be the crown prince...he knew that that position was yul's, and if yul's dad hadnt died, yul would have kept that position...

and i also think that they were really close when they were younger before fate started playing with them. so now that the title of crown prince got passed on to shin, he didnt feel comfortable about taking the position that he clearly understood was yul's to begin with...

Guest supa'Wanki

I have a question for the girls. Would you rather get with Shin, or Yul? Based upon their personalities, than looks.

Guest echoRy

I know that the Chinese subs can be inaccurate at times. But at this particular scene, it shed more "light" to the circumstances, while I found the English version to be a bit vague. For instance:

English Version

Chinese Version

wow, that is different. i always wonder just how much is lost in translations by

the time we get to watch it. if only learning Korean could be that easy *sigh* lol

rainy_summer - sweet pretty much explained it. Shin goon said what he said

because he felt guilty in the way he received his tittle & that maybe he was

undeserving of it. had it not been for albeit serious but still mere technicalities

(+ a cruel twist of fate ofcourse), the tittle wouldn't be his...then add the fact

that they were close cousins, making it even worse.

*** i feel guilty for every tank top i steal from my cousin, i never give them back

ofcourse but the guilt is there...*** ^_^

i'm really happy KJH is coming back in S2, but i wonder how they'll bring Yul back.

i keep hoping he's not going to be the "bad guy", but i have a feeling that i should

prepare myself!

DEE - so many pics, so little room left on my hard drive...thanx hun

supa'Wanki - i love Shin goon but on personality alone i would pick Yul goon

and move far far far away from his motoot of a mother!...we'll just hire a live in

nurse for her b4 we go :vicx:

howcute7cn.jpg

Guest rainy_summer

Thanks sweet and Angeline. The one constant theme in this whole drama was about fate. Basing on that I guess Shin was really not comfortable with being crown prince because it wasnt his fate. Much like in England when they refer to Prince William and Prince Harry as the "heir and the spare". Yul was the heir and Shin was the spare. It became his due to circumstances. But then again, in the same line of thinking of fate, maybe it was fate that Yul's dad died and Shin's father ascended the throne. :blink: okay I am waaayyyy over thinking this. :lol: I guess this is what the Queen was trying to explain to him. :o

I wonder too how they are going to bring in Yul back. He actually made sense in some of his plans. Had he not been blinded by his want to have CG, he actually has a point. Maybe there is going to be a serious threat to topple the monarchy that they need the strength of everyone to deal with it - Queen, Shin, CG and Yul. After all this is during modern times when monarchies are starting to be extinct. :sweatingbullets:

supa'Wanki hmm good question...the earlier Yul and the latter Shin would be the perfect guy. :lol: I would want a guy who would vow to be there for me always like what Yul was and Shin when he was already honest and open. His lines to CG in the last 2 episodes :wub: Actually both guys :huh: (I am being greedy here :lol:) because they both love and want to protect CG at all cost and in their own little way. :P

Guest daisy_changstah

If it was me, I probably would prefer Yul. I prefer a guy who show their love, instead of one who doesn't show any action or sign that they care, when they really do. Shin is good, and I like him too, but Yul is more of the type I like.... (*LOOKS UP DREAMILY AND DAYDREAM ABOUT THE TWO PRINCES*) hehe...

Guest AznGrlz

I have a question for the girls. Would you rather get with Shin, or Yul? Based upon their personalities, than looks.

I personally would choose Shin. To me, his personality is the type that I tend to be attracted to. Even though he puts up a cold cover in front of others, but when you get to know him, you'll see how interesting of a person he is. His funny, stubborn, and hm...sort of annoying? hehe way of showing his love is just...omg, wow...hehe having a lover like that would spice up your love life don't u think? You'll fight, argue, than make up and laugh it off...makes each day pass by faster and worth remembering. You think he doesn't care, but at the end he always the first one who makes up for it...cute? hehe. Yul is nice and I do agree he loves with an open heart toward Cg, but if you have a person next to you constantly repeating "I love you." wouldn't life get boring? I know to me it would, but just my view. :i don't even know if i make sense :sweatingbullets: lol:

oh man, I am hearding these bad thing happened to Yul in the end...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, poor guy. I like him in the beg and till the end,, I just think he match wayyy too much with CG.!!!! but, too bad they are not together......

Guest Kordian Girl

Hey! I was just wondering if anyone has the MegaUpload link for the Goong Special Episode 1.5? I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

:)

Guest shingoon

I know there's a whole bunch of Yul's fans..but im like CG, def. go with Shin...Shin makes me feel like :blush: ...a woman...heheh dun misunderstand my phrase okay? It's just that he's imperfect....but that makes him more human... :sweatingbullets:, cold outside but sensitive from the inside...that's sexy!! Though sometimes, he's so darn rude...but never mind, i couldnt resist his charm.... :blush: If i found a personality like that, i will fall for him right away... :P I personally hope Ji Hoon oppa was Shin-like... :phew:

I would say shin. For me it would be so boring with yul. He treats CG like Hyorin treats Shin. They spoil them. Then all of a sudden cg and shin meet this challenging person and love sparks fly in the air. The people you fight with the most are ones you feel more emotion toward. With yul it would be like happy every single day of your entire life it seems. that sounds ideal but before long i'd be bored and want some excitement. With shin, the arguing and the teasing makes the days pass with much more fun =]

-- Welps there goes the idea of her being pregnant. Evil PDs were playing around with us. ESPECIALLY WITH THAT PICTURE WITH THE BABY BROWN BEAR [oh that was so cute]. Could be the ending to goong 2, as someone said earlier.

Remember in episode 18 when shin said that if he ever did realize his dream, he'd go with cg instead? I wonder if goong 2 would deal with something about their dreams.. Yet i have this feeling it'll be more about their going back into the palace and learning to lead a country =/ Personally i hope that it just fast forwards a few years with some snapshots of how CG is on her way to becoming a prominent designer and shin directing movies in his spare time :D

Archived