[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest HeeSu

is season 1 eps 1-22? How many episodes are there in season 2? When i was reading the korean newpaper, i was reading and article on how goong was gonna end. but they said that they were not sure if it is the definate ending.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm pretty sure there were no casualties as a result of the fire, only damage to Yul's mum's section of the palace. Shin and Chae ended up being banished to Chang Dok palace following the arson incident, which the elders claimed was an attempt to mend Shin's reputation in the eyes of the public. Though rainbowbrite reminded me of something interesting. In the manhwa, the fire scene comes before the divorce and kneeling scenes, while in the drama, the divorce & kneeling scenes are shown before the arson incident.

ya, they've changed a lot of the order of what happens from the manhwa, which is confusing. I can't really understand WHY they're adding the arson part now, it just doesn't make much sense.

I was thinking, it was posted earlier this week on the forum that KJH would not be going to Macau to film the last two episodes, which makes me wonder, is tomorrow night going to be the last appearance of Yul?

or... are the Macau scenes only going to be PART of the last two episodes?

or... is the whole reporting about them going to Macau just a smokescreen?

Guest jennxxness

I'm kind of glad the ratings dropped 3-4% for this episode. This will call on them to revise future episodes and make them with minimal drag as possible. These characters all have problems-; problems that are so bluntly obvious that they don't seem real to me anymore. (like what does shin mean he doesn't know another way- learn one for god's sake or experiment =P) (CG is so blind- she's used by practically everyone in the drama)

Guest starrysmile

whats the latest ratings? =?

Ratings for eppie 22 -

Seoul: 25.2%

Nationwide: 24.6%

here's a reup of ep 22 long preview:

link :)

and the translation (so ya don't have to scroll back all those pages):

Shin grabs Yul's collar.

Shin (lets go Yul): What are you trying to do?

Yul: I had said it before, I want to get rid of the old rules and customs.

Shin: You better listened up carefully, no matter what you do, rules is the strength of the royal house.Although the rules are unfeeling, we must still protect and follow them coz this is our destiny.

Yul: Then, you can continue to protect them(the rules), while I will destroyed them.

Shin: (signs...)

Yul: You wouldn't imagine the life of the royalty who were thrown out of the palace. Instead of living with hope, I had learned to live with despair. No matter what I can't achieve my dreams, that's why I can only locked those dreams in my heart. But however how tightly I locked myself in, CG still comes into my head. The only dream I wanted in my life is CG.

Shin: No matter how much you dream, she is already your cousin-in-law.

Yul: (laughs coldly) I never look at her as my cousin-in-law.

Shin: {angrily} Lee Yul! I am thinking about your welfare!

Yul: I am also looking out for myself.

Shin: huh?

Yul : If you let go of CG, I will become a guy who is forever filled with hope. I will give up everything I have for CG. Let CG go!! I will let you be your good crown prince!

While CG is kneeing for forgiveness, Shin sudden appears in front of her

Yul: (not Shin,only her imagination) CG

CG: (saw that it is Yul). It's you....Yul.

Yul: The King allows you to go. Let's go.(Helps CG up)

(They met Shin and CG slips and almost falls. Shin wanted to stop forward to help CG)

Shin: I will bring her back.

CG : I had never asked for your help. (cold stare) Yul, please help me back.

Yul: Let's go. (Shin is left alone)

(Members of the royal family less Shin)

King: If you know clearly about (yul's offical title,forgive me I forgot)'s feeling, you should keep your distance. Why do you met up with him so late at night? What are you thinking?

CG: (Yul's title) is only trying to comfort me....

King: In what way the great bingung mama needs the comfort of her cousin-in law. (this part need to be translated better)

Great Queen: Bingung, I have something to ask you.

King : Yes, Great Queen.

Great Queen: Please honestly tell me how is your heart. Is in the same as Yul(his offical title again)?

CG: (sobs)

Shin: (to himself) Why are things like this? What should I say now? Why is it no one has taught me about this before? Despicable!

CG looks at the family shots (her own & Palace family too) and weeps

Shin enters

CG: (standing up) Is it true? Yul is banished from the Palace?

Shin: This is the punishment for those who oppose the Palace rules/customs.

CG: He was chased out once before. Is he going to be chased out again? Isn't that too cruel?

Shin: He deserves it for what he did.

CG: It's because of me. It's for me that things have happened this way.

Shin: Why? You're upset that you're not banished together?

CG: How can you say this even now? Don't you feel sorry for Yul?

Shin: Sorry? When I see him I have a headache.

CG: Then why do you still keep me here?

Shin: You think you will be dethroned for this? I said it already, I want you to live in the Goong for life! That is what you must do. You can't enter as you wish and leave as you wish. This is the Goong!

CG: What should I do? This may be my last chance.

Shin: What? Don't tell me you plan to leave with Yul? A Crown Princess who's banished for getting too close to the cousin?

CG: That's fine too! If I can just get out of this cruel place! (leaves to enter her room)

credits to wert & ai*

Guest haydee

Just reading that translation from Episode 21 just makes me want to strangle CG myself. Stupid girl is so hopelessly not able to stand on her own. Idiot.

Guest agiri

for all of you hating on yul, yes, he's an insufferable b.stard for manipulating CG when she's so vulernable. but still. CG should have a little f.cking common sense. he just confessed on national television. if you're going to dump him/ turn him down, do it OUT of the spotlight. idiot, that way, you can fix things easier. she got herself into such a big mess. was there really a necessity to let the whole of goong know, ... no... the whole world know? jeez ...

*extremely irritated*

i'm scared to watch 21. i'm afraid i'm going to end up stabbing someone. hence, i'm going to wait for an episode w. a reasonable ending.

AND they better get together before 24 (which is not bloody likey, TY PD's .. ) . i DO NOT want to wait till 2007 to see the end of their love story. *grumbles*

.agiri

Guest beautifulstars

oh my god!!! Goong is definitely making me soooooo depressed!!!! I haven't felt that way about drama ever!!! I do not even have any desires to watch episode 21......i used to be sooo excited to watch new episodes every wednesdays and thursdays (though i don't understand Korean whatsoever)...now just reading you guys post and watching the preview...i am just simply disappointed!!! i am mad at everyone!!! well maybe except shin as he seems to be the one who is the most pitiful right now. I know how he acts cold and mean but everyone knows that thats his personality...he is not doing it on purpose...but when CG is acting that way, she is just being plain cruel as that is not her!!! why is she doing this?? she has been saying since the earlier episodes how much she lovesss shin and now WTH??? she sure isn't acting that way!! i seriously believe that she likes yul deep down..maybe she is not even realizing it! it DOES seem that way!!! I swear to god, if i see the PDs outside, i would definitely stab them for sure!! arrrrrggggg goong is turning me into YUL (major psycho)! :P

for all of you hating on yul, yes, he's an insufferable b.stard for manipulating CG when she's so vulernable. but still. CG should have a little f.cking common sense. he just confessed on national television. if you're going to dump him/ turn him down, do it OUT of the spotlight. idiot, that way, you can fix things easier. she got herself into such a big mess. was there really a necessity to let the whole of goong know, ... no... the whole world know? jeez ...

*extremely irritated*

i'm scared to watch 21. i'm afraid i'm going to end up stabbing someone. hence, i'm going to wait for an episode w. a reasonable ending.

AND they better get together before 24 (which is not bloody likey, TY PD's .. ) . i DO NOT want to wait till 2007 to see the end of their love story. *grumbles*

.agiri

i think ep. 21 is watchable....but need more strength thou...i've watched it and hmm....u'd better not watching it..hehehe... (no offence...heheheh)

I really hope Yul isn't responsible for the fire. I would really would love to see his character be redeemed either slowly towards the end or by end of the series. I know a lot of people don't really like his character. But IMO his heart is in the right place, it's just he goes about it in the wrong way. I just wish if CG and Yul can't be together, then maybe CG can have a twin or something and that will love him the way he wants to be loved.

Guest SukarDrops

I just watched eppie 21..wow what can I say?? I already cussed out yul AND CG for being butt-butts.....i am in no way gonna cuss out shin....that little jack butt should have sat there for 348349 centuries....its funny how she still doesnt see where yul went wrong.....hoe bag hahahahhaa :rolleyes: if I was shins mom I would have smacked yul and his mom looooooool hes just like his mother...the apple doesnt fall far from the tree....I also would have smaked the pea brained king just for fun hahahah :rolleyes:

edited.....I didnt look at those pictures that was posted above...OMFG now im even more upset she takes him to her parents house??? omg :wacko: I got a headache now...PLEASE nomore noooo moreeeeeeeeee...Hoe bagg :fury:

Guest starrysmile

i just saw the ep 22 pics and wow they look so depressing! i can't wait for them to be together and happy again as they were on their trip to the beach and on yul's birthday...ahah...yul looks so cute in the apron and bandana...so at home @ chaegyung's house.

Guest starrysmile

What is Yul doing at CG's house? Is that for real? I think it's cute, dream or not that he feeding her.

i think it's because he got kicked out of the palace...yeah it does seem real...

Archived