[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest insideMYheart

aaahhh...after reading all the posts here with all the speculation/ guesses / predictions of the ending.....i can't take it anymore!!! :crazy: i'd really go crazy if the ending is they go separate ways

i hope the ending isn't sucky just becoz there's a season 2!!!! dun kill my memories of goong that way pleassseeeee....

if there's a season 2, when izzit going to be?? thanx

Season 2 will come out in 2007.

I will be upset if CG doesn't end up with anyone at the end of this season. It would mean we have to wait until Season 2 to see what happens and the wait would kill me.

errr.. what's this 'manhwa' where can i get it? is it in english?

There are English scanlations of the 'Goong' manhwa being uploaded in it's own thread in the anime/manga & games forum:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=881

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaye_

Season 2 will come out in 2007.

I will be upset if CG doesn't end up with anyone at the end of this season. It would mean we have to wait until Season 2 to see what happens and the wait would kill me.

There are English scanlations of the 'Goong' manhwa being uploaded in it's own thread in the anime/manga & games forum:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=881

2007!!??? OMG...that is a very long wait....imagine all of us will hav to wait ONE WHOLE YEAR to see chae gyung n shin together!!! aaarrrrggghhhhh.......my heart is alredi breaking if that's gonna be the ending.... :tears::tears:

Guest donilpark

I just watched episode 18 and read an article about the ending of the drama.

Apparently, the princess will play a big role in the end. Lee Yunji won't say anything more, but she says the princess is really an ambitious person. She will become the Empress maybe? I do think she is best suited for the throne...

And a few things I noted...

In episode 18, when prompted to have snack, the Empress picked up the candy, but Yul's mom picked up the tea cup. Seems to show their characters. The Empress takes things as they are but Yul's mom takes things the way she wants them to be. (remember that little conversation about the power of truth in episode 17?)

And then now I see that Shin's friends and Chaegyeong's friends are mixing well now.

At Shin's birthday party back in episode 5, they didn't hang around with each other, but now it seems that Shin and Chagyeong are quite close, so that their friends got close. On the greater level, That goes to show the way the nobility and the ordinary are mixing together in harmony. Chaegyeong's mom's little lecture before the Empress and the Empress Dowager about why court ladies can't get married seems to run in the same vein. Apparently, the Empress has never even given the subjext a thought. But a lowly woman comes to the palace and is pointing that out to her now.

And this, I want to ask other people... The way Hyorin ended up not having any of the tea that was served to her seems like saying there's no place for her in the palace. Chagyeong had a sip of tea in episode 1 when she was in the palace for the first time.

And I can't quite figure out the meaning of the masks...

The Emperor is so pitiable.

Somewhat pathological in a sense too.

He loses his girlfriend to his brother, (i.e. the girlfriend betrays him) and then his loses his brother. Then all the responsibility of the Emperor falls on his shoulders. No wonder he is in a bad health.

I kinda babbled on... yeah, but these are my impressions.

In episode 18, when prompted to have snack, the Empress picked up the candy, but Yul's mom picked up the tea cup. Seems to show their characters. The Empress takes things as they are but Yul's mom takes things the way she wants them to be. (remember that little conversation about the power of truth in episode 17?)

And this, I want to ask other people... The way Hyorin ended up not having any of the tea that was served to her seems like saying there's no place for her in the palace. Chagyeong had a sip of tea in episode 1 when she was in the palace for the first time.

wow thanks for this... i skipped thru the no-shin-no-cg parts :P and didn't recognise whose hands picked up what (candy or tea) :phew:

i thot it was rude of HR to refuse the tea, now that you mention it, it kind of shed new light on it :)

Guest insideMYheart

Apparently, the princess will play a big role in the end. Lee Yunji won't say anything more, but she says the princess is really an ambitious person. She will become the Empress maybe? I do think she is best suited for the throne...

The princess as in Shin's sister? I like her and I also think she is well suited for the throne.

Guest chibikko

The princess as in Shin's sister? I like her and I also think she is well suited for the throne.

i agree with you guys too

she's been out adventuring and she knows how life outside the palace is so she's a pretty rational person :)

And then now I see that Shin's friends and Chaegyeong's friends are mixing well now.

At Shin's birthday party back in episode 5, they didn't hang around with each other, but now it seems that Shin and Chagyeong are quite close, so that their friends got close. On the greater level, That goes to show the way the nobility and the ordinary are mixing together in harmony. Chaegyeong's mom's little lecture before the Empress and the Empress Dowager about why court ladies can't get married seems to run in the same vein. Apparently, the Empress has never even given the subjext a thought. But a lowly woman comes to the palace and is pointing that out to her now.

The Emperor is so pitiable.

Somewhat pathological in a sense too.

He loses his girlfriend to his brother, (i.e. the girlfriend betrays him) and then his loses his brother. Then all the responsibility of the Emperor falls on his shoulders. No wonder he is in a bad health.

I kinda babbled on... yeah, but these are my impressions.

OMG THANKS for pointing all those out!! are u korean?!! u know so MUCH about korean culture!!

i wouldnt have notice those if u didnt mentioned it.. but i didn notice hyorin not gettin any tea and i wonder why

I noticed this too... To me, when Yul's mom picked the sweets rather than the tea... --- it's the other way around...my bad...

it kinda made me think how greedy she is... she's really desperate for power....trying to brain wash everybody she encounters... unlike Shin's mom...

I think the eunoch ( sorry forgot his name) needs to tell Shin's mom all the secrets against Yul's mom... why did the last king vanished yul and his mom... He will be a powerful alliance against Yul's mom... :lol:

I don't get the meaning of the masks too.... why is Hyorin the only one who is holding her mask when everybody is wearing them???

I noticed these two scenes as well... They shot the Queen vs TaeHwu in close-up too, what are they really trying to say? ~_~ donilpark's observation seems very appealing to me now... especially considering how these two have been behaving... :) And remember the glance Yul sent towards Kang In & Hyorin? The PDs giving these subtle hints in these last few episodes... It's all about symbolism nowadays in this drama... It's kind of sending message to the audience that this drama isn't about hot young actors/actresses at all, like what some people judged it to be, but the senior actors/actresses in this drama should be acknowledged as well. And the script too... hmmm...

And yes, I'm also wondering about the mask, are there any significant meanings behind each mask or they're just simple masks? coz Hyorin's mask is different from the rest.

Guest donilpark

I noticed this too... To me, when Yul's mom picked the sweets rather than the tea... it kinda made me think how greedy she is... she's really desperate for power....trying to brain wash everybody she encounters... unlike Shin's mom...I think the eunoch ( sorry forgot his name) needs to tell Shin's mom all the secrets against Yul's mom... why did the last king vanished yul and his mom... He will be a powerful alliance against Yul's mom... :lol:

It was actually the other way.

The hand on the left was the Empress's. (if you see closely, you'll see the colour of the sleeve was blue)

It's because the grandmother was holding the candy when she told the two women to have it.

The Empress saw it and picked up the candy, just like she saw her mother-in-law doing, but Yul's mom picked up the tea.

Guest andie

I think so too! Among all the royalty she's the only one that seems unfazed with the scandals.

She's able to think rationally and with wisdom (too bad I don't think she got this from the spineless

King! She probably got it from her mother's side). With her disposition, it seems that she's more

suited for the throne than how Shin and Yul will ever be. She knows how it's like to live outside

the Palace, see different cultures, but still she's doesn't seem to feel that restricted with the palace life

and knows how to forego with royal protocol when she thinks it's not that important.

Guest Meiling

I noticed these two scenes as well... They shot the Queen vs TaeHwu in close-up too, what are they really trying to say? ~_~ donilpark's observation seems very appealing to me now... especially considering how these two have been behaving... :) And remember the glance Yul sent towards Kang In & Hyorin? The PDs giving these subtle hints in these last few episodes... It's all about symbolism nowadays in this drama... It's kind of sending message to the audience that this drama isn't about hot young actors/actresses at all, like what some people judged it to be, but the senior actors/actresses in this drama should be acknowledged as well. And the script too... hmmm...

And yes, I'm also wondering about the mask, are there any significant meanings behind each mask or they're just simple masks? coz Hyorin's mask is different from the rest.

It's either this is the only mask that fit her outfit or that e rest of them who wore a mask show tat it doesn't matter whether they wear mask or not cuz they are truthful to themselves. while HR wasn't truthful ????? but it stil damn tiring holding it, good for her anyways hahaha

But I tot later on Shin gonna fall sick, according to manhwa, right? CG will take care of him and nurse back his health(not in manhwa). ???

Guest donilpark

I noticed these two scenes as well... They shot the Queen vs TaeHwu in close-up too, what are they really trying to say? ~_~ donilpark's observation seems very appealing to me now... especially considering how these two have been behaving... :) And remember the glance Yul sent towards Kang In & Hyorin? The PDs giving these subtle hints in these last few episodes... It's all about symbolism nowadays in this drama...

Yeah. It's becase I heard that this was Hwang Inroe's style that I'm deliberately paying attention to these things.

From what I hear, he expresses things not just by the lines, but also with the props and the behaviour and gesture of the characters. And it's called dramatization...

I just want to see the drama to the fullest, but I'm not good enough to detect all the meaning he intends to send across...

Guest clairdeluned

Good morning dears! (I see Rebby :))

Shin is going to get SICK?!

Anyway, whoever is catching the small details...props to you :) I definitely haven't thought about symbolism in the drama before. I guess maybe I should start :P

It was actually the other way.

The hand on the left was the Empress's. (if you see closely, you'll see the colour of the sleeve was blue)

It's because the grandmother was holding the candy when she told the two women to have it.

The Empress saw it and picked up the candy, just like she saw her mother-in-law doing, but Yul's mom picked up the tea.

sorry my bad... :sweatingbullets: * rewatch the scene again....

Thanks for sharing your observation.... helps alot in understanding the drama...

I think so too! Among all the royalty she's the only one that seems unfazed with the scandals.

She's able to think rationally and with wisdom (too bad I don't think she got this from the spineless

King! She probably got it from her mother's side). With her disposition, it seems that she's more

suited for the throne than how Shin and Yul will ever be. She knows how it's like to live outside

the Palace, see different cultures, but still she's doesn't seem to feel that restricted with the palace life

and knows how to forego with royal protocol when she thinks it's not that important.

YA! it's just too darn bad she is born a girl? else she will be king and all probs solved. lOlx!

and she travelled all around so i guess she thinks it's time she wants to settle down as a Princess?

Babigrl : but crap. did u see that heavy SLAP at the end? i was depressed since thurs

Guest XtineZaiKen

i mainly watched the scenes with Shin and/or Chae so i cant comment on the other things. However, I also noticed that Hyo Rin's mask was different because she was the only one holding on to a mask while the others seem to have it glued or tied whatever. Im thinking...out of everyone else, she's not ready to show her real self completely. didnt she say during that trip to thailand that Shin has never seen the real her? So maybe, even after all taht talk, she's not yet ready to reveal her real self, from her background to her motives and stuff.

my reasoning behind the symbolism sounded so much better in my head. shutting up now.

Guest clairdeluned

i mainly watched the scenes with Shin and/or Chae so i cant comment on the other things. However, I also noticed that Hyo Rin's mask was different because she was the only one holding on to a mask while the others seem to have it glued or tied whatever. Im thinking...out of everyone else, she's not ready to show her real self completely. didnt she say during that trip to thailand that Shin has never seen the real her? So maybe, even after all taht talk, she's not yet ready to reveal her real self, from her background to her motives and stuff.

my reasoning behind the symbolism sounded so much better in my head. shutting up now.

:huh: But everyone else had their masks taped on, so there was no chance for them to reveal themselves at all. Hyorin at least had that ability, she could take hers on and off at free will.

Or am I totally wrong? lol It's possible :lol:

(*wave* Hello Manda! :))

Guest Jaye_

oooo...the sis is going to be the king??? oh cool!!! his sister is kinda cool....i like her short hair!!!

why is he going to get sick??? aaahhh...and just becoz of that, he's going to give up the throne??

Archived