[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

This is a sighing episode. Real-time analysis:

02:15 - Gaaaah, I HATE it when they pull those imagination sequences. Gets me every time. *sigh*

19:35 - I agree with what everyone else has said so far about Jang Kyung--get past your own image, dude. Your daddy don't matter a hill of beans to this girl. Oh yeah, and Kang Hyun's reaction to his smile is 250 million shades of gray. I saw surprise, disbelief, and then a little WTF laugh, but she was faaaar from interest, and that's all I care about. :D

22:22 - theed, if this doesn't win your funniest moment, I don't know what does. I thought it was HILARIOUS when CG went up to the TV and blocked the kiss. I couldn't stop laughing! :lol:

33:19 - The princess gettin' her drink on! There's my pop star! There's my Eun Hye who drank beer and danced beside hot guys in videos! I knew you still had some Baby VOX in you!!

39:34 - Wow... okay. We get some fogey lovey dovey goin' on. Um... yeah.

44:56 - Shin, you never cease to unamaze me. I mean, really. Your wife just fell off of some BRICKS and onto some ROCKS, not to mention she broke a LAMP while she was at it and had the distinct probability of getting CUTS GALORE and a SPRAINED ANKLE, and all you care about is the fact that your cousin was there to break her fall and you WEREN'T. Okay, I shall redirect blame to the the writers now. This is a character no-no, people! To show that a character truly feels something for another character, you do NOT write jealousy after danger, you write CONCERN! What did they teach you in Screenwriting 101?? Jesus Christ Superstar.... *massages forehead*

47:34 - I'm with Yul campers on this one, I respect the fact that he kissed her on the temple, but it was technically awkward. Unnecessary to the story, imo. Especially since we all know Shin the Hypocrite is gonna spiel some more caveman commandments to CG as a result. Ugh, save me.

48:49 - Ah, the grabbing and dragging procedure. If I had been CG, I would have walked off by myself after Shin and Yul both had their hands on each other rather than me. :P But um, writers, huddle please. *gets a megaphone* THE SAME STORY ELEMENT MORE THAN TWICE = MURDER!!!!! Oh my god. Somebody get me a Korean university on line one. We seriously need a curriculum change.

51:13 - Okay, this scene was too busy making me mad to make me think about the kiss. For Kdramas, though, yes, it is hot, but completely ruined by its context. I agree with what most of y'all have said. A kiss to show dominance = so wrong.

51:26 - YES, WE GOT A SLAP!!!!!! *high fives mj07* I would have slapped him too. I would have kneed him in the groin too while I was at it. I never knew how feminist I could be until this show.

Overall, Goong is going somewhere else completely from where it started. It never had the best writing to start out with, but now it's noticeably bad.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Solly

omg... that was a hilarious episode!!! shin was sooooo cute when chae gyoung pulled a prank on him while he slept!!! aaaah! xDDDD chae gyoung made me mad though. she should have listened to the whole conversation!!!! ToT ToT ToT

-S0LLY ^3^

Guest wagon78

BRAVO! BRAVO! ---> Kang Ho Style (super rookie)

I left the forum last nite with 1370++ pages and woke up to 1418 pages... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so I read thru and saw a few screen caps. WAH! I want to be in CG's place in epi 18.. Do they take body double for kissing scenes? MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I thought Yul was really a gentleman. He didn't attack her on the lips (and that's how it shud be with the first kisses as well... :blush: ). Bravo Yul! If I were CG, I'll be falling in love with him on the spot (and that is why I'm not CG...)

Shin... Shin... Shin.... He is so OBVIOUSLY in love with the wife. His problem is his pride and ego. Yul said once that Shin will not do anything if he doesn't like the person. Shin seems to be very touchy (skinship i mean), and he already kissed CG like what, 3 times?! The only way to get him to confess is CG leaving him. Then he'll be on his knees pouring his heart out. (WOW! My Psychology degree is put to good use after all! B) ).

Anyways; do not worry peeps. These type of love-comedy-drama will end in a nice way. We just have to endure the bad stuff in between....

So everybody, stay healthy and keep on posting all those yummy screen caps.....

Ciao~

Guest soo_jung

Just my two cents (which will probably be overlooked b/c this thread moves so fast):

It's all miscommunication. It bugged me how CG says at the end that Yul is truthful w/her while Shin isn't but then I was thinking...tha'ts not true b/c Yul is lying to her. Hyorin told Yul that Shin really does like CG and then Yul goes and tells CG that SHin is probably telling Hyorin everything b/c he's comfortable w/her and that he'll never open his heart to her. It's the other way around. Shin is trying to open up but at the same time, he's not goign to just push Hyorin to the curb. (I thought that coughing thing though...maybe that foreshadows something...maybe Hyorin gets sick? We never know...it's a korean drama....;-) )

I think CG is really out of it too...what she's doing is wrong too...

And the old couple kinda enjoying their happy moments.....I don't like older people kinda getting it on....ewww...I really like Yul's mom from her other drama, That Woman, but with the king....they just look super super old.....I guess your acting partner really matters......

Guest your_sheroe

S: Is that an icecream? *refering to her towel hat*

CG: this? When I used to come to places, I would secretly drink with friends, talk about scary stories, write on each other's faces.. but now i have to share a room with a sullen person.

S: what? sullen? Fine, go back to your friends. I won't stop you. Go go. Besides, I don't want to be with someone that secretly hides (basically- don't know the direct translation of the word he used..) You look at people secretly while they're taking showers.

and then shin asks her if she really saw... and she says.. no.. it's a joke.. and why are you so sensitive.. we're a couple... .. Shin keeps asking if she did... and then she keeps saying no. and gets away from the convo by saying she wants to take a nap.

LOL. Shin feels exposedddd =d!

HAHAHAHA i was cracking up so badd... specially when she came out of the... (whatever place she was in_) she looked like the grudge crawling out :P

can someone give me the translation of the part she was crawling out of the *closet i believe* and shin was holding the hanger for protection?

Guest sungaaah

my thoughts [i juss gotta gush in here cuz my moms not home yet =p]

+ kang hyun and shins friend ! hahah aww hes so cute trying to talk to her =p i think ima support *their*relationship now hehe

+ shins dad and motoot together ? laughing ? disgusting. seriously, theedqueen, THIS has got to be

the worst WTH moment so far ... its disturbing and makes me want to punch her more. the dads already sick, ill spare him. plus shins mom can knock some sense into him keke

+ hyorin 'says' shell stop bothering shin ... but why does she keep talking to him about their past ? mannn i dont pity her, i dont even hate her, i juss want her out of the pic cuz shes pathetic and annoying me now

+ yul .. what is wrong with you. hes juss takin advantage of how caring and attentive cg is to everyone and hes juss scaring her more and more by repeatedly telling her he likes her and KISSES her ... why. why why whyyyyyy

+ shin u idiot. ur wife trips and you give yul a death stare for protecting her fall. granted, the kiss at the end was hot. but he should know by now that cgs not gonna know u have feelings for her until you tell her. gosh.

+ oh. funny things hehe. i almost died laughing at shins 'makeover' . what an ugly girl, but it was hilarious !

+ stupid bear flashbacks .. i was like wtfs going on. aish ~

okie, now ill backlog and actually start convos again hehe ...

Definitely NOT!

You know......it's kinda funny but way back on the episode when Hyorin kiss Shin there was alot of babo Shin this and babo Shin that for kissing Hyorin (some of you still say that Shin kiss Hyorin BUT NO! it's Hyorin who kissed Shin! get it straight man!) and I was defending the kiss between them and referencing the what if Yul kiss CG......and I said that she would most probably be surprise like Shin and would just stood there like a fool......and the Yul campers replied back saying that she would slap Yul instead because it's just like what her character would do.......remember that?.......WELL NOW, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, SHE'S JUST LIKE BABO SHIN.....BABO CG!......SHE STOOD THERE LIKE A FOOL AND EBIL YUL GOT HIS SMOOCH. HAH! So I guess now they're even on the kissing someone else part....so there!!! hehehehehe.

God I love this feeling of being right!!! Yul campers........ :lol::lol::lol::lol: don't kill me! :ph34r:

I hate Yul! Always have, always will. And yes he is a greater threat than Hyorin. Why? Because he has more power and for some reason he seems able to persuade and confuse the crap out of CG......and CG......she's now a Babo CG to me......she can't even slap the guy that REALLY deserves it. :fury:

aww, wut did Yul do?? It's just a simple peck on her temple, as a present he has been wanting to give her, the girl he loves. On the other hand, Shin man-handled her and pushed her against the wall, not out of love or lust, but out of jealousy and rage. which one deserves a slap u say?

I know what you mean, even though Yul is so cute, but he needs to let the girl go, If he keep on going like this at the end they can't even be friend. Friendship to me are way more important then Love because friends can never run away from you but love can disappear in time. I love Yul because he cares for CG but hate him because he is not being a man. Why make her suffer if you love her so much. If Yul was not in the way then Shin will tell CG how he feels and that he love her and only love but since Yul is there it seem like Shin is always Anger so he can never get the words that is deep in his heart out.

Sorry Yul Camper, I Love the Guy but please tell him to let the Girl go.

I know what you mean, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Yul's actions. The one who's making CG suffers is Shin, not Yul. Doesn't the fact that Yul is in the way would encourage Shin to tell CG how he truly feels since he has competition??? If anything, I think Yul would only help bring out the "real" Shin. And yes, I agree that at some point, Yul needs to let go of CG, but I don't think it's to that point yet. He acts like a true man to me... since he fights for the one he loves, and he shows her what she really deserves. If he gives up on CG right from the beginning knowing that CG loves Shin, then I would say he's not so much a man....why? cuz he gives up too easily, u know? Under the circumstances, knowing that CG is unhappy living with Shin, and Shin has a past with Hyorin and so far has not shown any feelings toward CG, I think Yul has all the right to do what he does.

I wonder why all korean movies portray the guys as cavemen that have difficulty expressing their feeling (mnikss and my girl). Shin should get out of his shell and tell CG what he feels before it's too late. And he should give confidence to CG by being there for her and stop paying so much attention to HR

totally agree with you! but I guess that is what keeps us all in suspense and makes it much more sastisfying when he finally opens up :D

wow, long post, sorry guys! Seems like I'm defending Yul, but believe it or not, I'm a Shin camper :P Just thought I have to be fair.

Guest blue_rose

I know what you mean, even though Yul is so cute, but he needs to let the girl go, If he keep on going like this at the end they can't even be friend. Friendship to me are way more important then Love because friends can never run away from you but love can disappear in time. I love Yul because he cares for CG but hate him because he is not being a man. Why make her suffer if you love her so much. If Yul was not in the way then Shin will tell CG how he feels and that he love her and only love but since Yul is there it seem like Shin is always Anger :angry: and :tears: so he can never get the words that is deep in his heart out.

Sorry Yul Camper, I Love the Guy but please tell him to let the Girl go.

Yes, I think we all hope that YUL can let go and move on with his life at this point.

Buuuuut........unfortunately I strongly believe at this time YUL is waaaaay beyond 'able to let her go'. Maybe a few episodes back he could have but NOT now.

Somebody mentioned a few post back (maybe 50??) he may end his own life if he can not be with her?? well, I do not think this is too far fetch...........I hope NOT. :sweatingbullets:

Guest xthreebears

=) im still waiting for the subs! wooo thanks everyone for all the links...but can someone kindly upload the song PARROT by HOWL again PLEASE! i would appreciate it very much! thanks !

Guest Pikachu

It's all miscommunication. It bugged me how CG says at the end that Yul is truthful w/her while Shin isn't but then I was thinking...tha'ts not true b/c Yul is lying to her. Hyorin told Yul that Shin really does like CG and then Yul goes and tells CG that SHin is probably telling Hyorin everything b/c he's comfortable w/her and that he'll never open his heart to her. It's the other way around. Shin is trying to open up but at the same time, he's not goign to just push Hyorin to the curb. (I thought that coughing thing though...maybe that foreshadows something...maybe Hyorin gets sick? We never know...it's a korean drama....;-) )

Yeah, I agree with you. I relaly don't like how Yul keeps saying how SHin loves someone else as if he's passing on Shin's message to Chae Gyeong through Yul. Sure it was true like for the first 7-10 episodes, but afterwards, even though Yul himself doesn't know the changes occuring in Shin's feelings, he still kept saying.. but when Hyo Rin did mention it in this episode... augh.

Guest insideMYheart

=) im still waiting for the subs! wooo thanks everyone for all the links...but can someone kindly upload the song PARROT by HOWL again PLEASE! i would appreciate it very much! thanks !

There's an MU & Sendspace link for this song on the first post of this thread.

Guest xthreebears

yeah THANKS! hahaha i realized that RIGHT after i wrote it! thank you! =) appreciate it! hoping for more shin & cg momentsssssss yay!

This is a sighing episode. Real-time analysis:

44:56 - Shin, you never cease to unamaze me. I mean, really. Your wife just fell off of some BRICKS and onto some ROCKS, not to mention she broke a LAMP while she was at it and had the distinct probability of getting CUTS GALORE and a SPRAINED ANKLE, and all you care about is the fact that your cousin was there to break her fall and you WEREN'T. Okay, I shall redirect blame to the the writers now. This is a character no-no, people! To show that a character truly feels something for another character, you do NOT write jealousy after danger, you write CONCERN! What did they teach you in Screenwriting 101?? Jesus Christ Superstar.... *massages forehead*

48:49 - Ah, the grabbing and dragging procedure. If I had been CG, I would have walked off by myself after Shin and Yul both had their hands on each other rather than me. :P But um, writers, huddle please. *gets a megaphone* THE SAME STORY ELEMENT MORE THAN TWICE = MURDER!!!!! Oh my god. Somebody get me a Korean university on line one. We seriously need a curriculum change.

51:13 - Okay, this scene was too busy making me mad to make me think about the kiss. For Kdramas, though, yes, it is hot, but completely ruined by its context. I agree with what most of y'all have said. A kiss to show dominance = so wrong.

51:26 - YES, WE GOT A SLAP!!!!!! *high fives mj07* I would have slapped him too. I would have kneed him in the groin too while I was at it. I never knew how feminist I could be until this show.

Overall, Goong is going somewhere else completely from where it started. It never had the best writing to start out with, but now it's noticeably bad.

*high fives snowapple*

what rules did I give Shin? no talking to the HO-TOOT or you get smacked. no mistreating your wife or you get smacked! I think there was something else... anyway, he deserved to get smacked at least three times in this, too bad they waited till the end. Unfortunately, he probably still doesn't understand what he did wrong.

#1- more concerned with 'marking your territory' than you are about the girl's wellbeing when she takes a big fall like that

#2- having little phone calls and meetups with your EX to talk about old times

3#- performing the "grab and drag" for about the millionth time! (YES, when is that girl going to grow a back bone and stand up to that oaf??)

#4- forcing a kiss on a girl like that who's so obviously NOT into it! nO NO NO NO!! i'm sorry kids, there's absolutely nothing hot, romantic or loving about that. NO!

urgh... I see what you mean about bad writing, such a shame!

so finally watching Ep18 now....

spot translation for the HR & Yul convo around 7:40 please?

did she just say something about Shin & CG? and did she share some words of wisdom with Yul about luv?

then she coughed?!?! yikes! just like in the manhwa....

she falls sick and Shin visits her right? hope she doesn't die or anything like that!!

wow that slap was so powerful!!! haha! reminds me of how strong Eun Hye is as seen in x-man!!!

and Shin's punch on that wall must hurt too!!!

next week ChaeShin beta make up and more byuntae stuff for us man!

Archived