[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest Pikachu

Didn't Shin promise her a divorce when they first got married because she was unhappy inside the palace & missed life outside the palace?

Yes he did, but now because of his mom's pregnancy.. the only way to protect her and his soon-baby sibling is to remain King (aka his mom would be kicked out of the palace and prolly who knows what Mo Toot in the manhwa will do when she rules the goong). That's why he wants to stay as seja.. soe he sort of can't keep his promise anymore... at least until the scandal and everything is over and maybe when everything is finally cleared up.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest insideMYheart

hmm ok why did cg hurt her finger?

In EP18 preview, she was playing around with the candle, like circling her fingers around the top of the candle holder & I think she burned herself.

Guest Pikachu

from wat i read from the link u gave me, its after Shin confessed his love for her. well kinda. well before or after, i really dont want to c Chae Gyung and Shin get a divorce. if that happened in the drama, i would be very very sad. i think everyone would be sad :(

Shin hasn't confsessed his lvoe to Chae Gyeong at that point in the manga. (this is vol 8) In fact, Chae Gyeong hasn't even confessed her feelings to Shin at that point.

In EP18 preview, she was playing around with the candle, like circling her fingers around the top of the candle holder & I think she burned herself.

erhmm yeah i know.. i explained why did cg was even crazy enough to touch the candle.

it's because of what they were discussing...

Guest vignette

Just a question for those who are reading the manga, did they finally consumate their marriage because even if they've slept in one bed a few times now nothing really happened.

Guest insideMYheart

erhmm yeah i know.. i explained why did cg was even crazy enough to touch the candle.

it's because of what they were discussing...

Oh ok :P

Yes he did, but now because of his mom's pregnancy.. the only way to protect her and his soon-baby sibling is to remain King (aka his mom would be kicked out of the palace and prolly who knows what Mo Toot in the manhwa will do when she rules the goong). That's why he wants to stay as seja.. soe he sort of can't keep his promise anymore... at least until the scandal and everything is over and maybe when everything is finally cleared up.

Thanks for refreshing my memory, I read that part of the manhwa a while ago. Hmm, judging by the relationship by Shin's mom & the king in the drama right now, I doubt she'll become pregnant but I guess we can only wait and see.

Guest Pikachu

Just a question for those who are reading the manga, did they finally consumate their marriage because even if they've slept in one bed a few times now nothing really happened.

so far.. they haven't consummated it.. at least not in the recent scanlations or the raws I've read.. (till ch 77 raws)

unfortunately not yet. :tears: and now with season 2 in tow, i don't think they are going to consumate in this season.

*there goes ririe's & my dream of nursery in the palace with loads of alfred*

Guest mmmlove

Can someone do a spot translate for mee.. please... I really want to know what they were talking about when CG jumped in her car, and Shin was laughing... her friends were there also... it's around 44:17 minute.....

preview translations

cg : perhaps i will be free after 2 or 3 years.

shin : What is this? A crown princess leaving the palace?

cg : I want to think about the future too.

hr : Dun drink that shin. Aint u allegic to peaches

cg : I love peaches

king : I think yul is more suitable to be the crown prince

queen : I want my son to be king

yul : Because u appeared in my life, u became my destiny.

shin : Get up.

yul : She says she dislikes you.

OMG the last sentence.. any koreans here to verify?

i translated this from chinese

Guest milleu87

you know i am freaking richard simmons of by the king daddy. he is like so besotted with the mo toot and she isn't gorgeous like the queen. i feel sorry for the queen because she is trying so hard to be love by the king and the king just plainly ignoring her. and king who in the beginning seems so wise by agreeing to let cg spend time in her home with shin now become so stupid. he is easily influenced by the mo toot. did you guy noticed that the king nowdays easily getting upset?

shin for once need to open his mouth and say something to his defense. but no he is behaving like mad cavemen. just running away angrily while pulling cg along.

Guest Pikachu

:angry: In your dreams Yul! arrrhhh! XDDDD Oh well.. I really can't wait for the drma that is ep 18 tomorrow (and the comedy too :B)

Guest starrysmile

i just rewatched ep 17 again...just skipped around to my favorite parts. i love the way yul is spending his birthday. with the drive to the outdoors and the barbeque with his friends. it seems so awesome! makes me want to do that too for my birthday :P i'm glad that shin is warming up towards CG. her driving scares me...if i was her friend, i would have left in yul's car a long time ago hahah...

The conversation bwteen her frens, cg and shin

fren : Cg, this is really ur car?

cg : It's pretty right?

fren "But did u get ur license?

cg : Of course.

shin : How did u managed to turn the car around?

cg : I just did it.

shin : u really serious about driving it over?

cg : of course

shin : u haven drove on the road before.

cg : didnt shin goon tested it with me the other time?

shin : forget it. Take my car. this is too dangerous.

cg : NO! i want to drive there myself. You guys want to take my car too right? right?

fren : of course.

shin : OKay. Drive slowly and if there is any accident, contact me.

cg : Shin goon, u want to go over in my car?

shin : I am the crown prince, my life is very precious. see you there

Guest Pikachu

i just rewatched ep 17 again...just skipped around to my favorite parts. i love the way yul is spending his birthday. with the drive to the outdoors and the barbeque with his friends. it seems so awesome! makes me want to do that too for my birthday :P i'm glad that shin is warming up towards CG. her driving scares me...if i was her friend, i would have left in yul's car a long time ago hahah...

didn't you feel kinda bad for him how he felt so left out especially since most of the attention on his birthday seemed to be on the royal couple and no attention to him? XD i mean.. I guess since the people he invited were longer friends with Shin and Chae Gyeong but that's kinda depressing. Chae Gyeong didn't even invite him to go with them when Shin suggested photography (tho I guess that's more of a conscious decision cause she prolly knew it will richard simmons her hubby off? or maybe I missed something cause I can't understand korean).

but yeah. :(

Guest cilik

WHAT? what's that all about? oh god i hope that's not true. or i hope shin doesn't buy it. even if chae does say she dislikes shin, i'm thinking (and hoping) it's only the after-effect of overhearing the studying-abroad conversation between shin and hyorin.

and pikachu, it was me earlier in IRC who said the past shin would've shouted at chae for even trying to feed him in front of his friends :P. yeah. with an ego as big as his, i didn't quite expect him to willingly give in to his wife's gesture at the table, even if he has admitted that he's starting to fall for chae.

kaahahah..mandapanda thanks for the ^ translation. i love how shin said "drive slowly and if there is any accident contact me" :wub:

though i still think he should've been the one to drive behind her instead of yul <_<

Guest starrysmile

didn't you feel kinda bad for him how he felt so left out especially since most of the attention on his birthday seemed to be on the royal couple and no attention to him? XD i mean.. I guess since the people he invited were longer friends with Shin and Chae Gyeong but that's kinda depressing. Chae Gyeong didn't even invite him to go with them when Shin suggested photography (tho I guess that's more of a conscious decision cause she prolly knew it will richard simmons her hubby off? or maybe I missed something cause I can't understand korean).

but yeah. :(

yeah i did...i think what hurt him more was closeness that shin and cg shared. every time something happened between them, he witnessed it. cg did invite yul to go take pictures with them but yul declined...

Can someone do a spot translate for mee.. please... I really want to know what they were talking about when CG jumped in her car, and Shin was laughing... her friends were there also... it's around 44:17 minute.....

Spot translation - based on HJRX version

Friend:CG, is this really your car?

CG:It's pretty isn't it?

Friend: But have you obtained your driver's license?

CG: Of course, do you even have to ask?

Shin: How did you manage to drive the car here?

CG: Just... drove it here

Shin: Do you really want to drive there?

CG: Of course

Shin: But you have not drive on main street yet right?

CG: The other time you already practiced with me

Shin: Forget it, sit in my car. It's too dangerous (ah... so husband-ly behaviour)

CG: (cut him in mid sentence):No! I want to drive myself there. You all want to sit in my car right? Right?

Friend: Yes, of course (unwillingly)

Shin: Drive slowly, if you met with an accident, give me a call.

CG: Shin goon, do you want to sit in my car?

Shin: Me, being the crown prince, my life is very important. I'll see you there.

Edit:

Ah amanda beat me to it :D

Guest mmmlove

Thanks for the translation liquidfir. HAHAHA... Shin sometimes is a dumbieee!! He left his wife knowing she's a terrible driver. I love the fact that Yul was behind her, to make sure she was okay.

Pandabear, thank you!

See, he was a nice hubby! I think it was just Chae trying to be independant and not be so dependant on her hubby all the time.

I laughed so hard watching her drive, even I wasn't that bad my first time behind the wheel! Talk about whiplash!

Look what's on display at the bear museum:

photo25611no718414pf.jpg

creds as labeled.

Archived