What Do You Say When People Call You Goodlooking/pretty?

Guest dancingbymyself

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xhullabaloo

i smile and thank youu :]

i love compliments, lol

i really really hate it when i give someone a compliment and they respond by rejecting my compliment ):

therefore, i usually make a mental note about who or not to compliment because if they're not going to take it gracefully, i won't comment at all.

yeahh, it annoys me haha

Guest crystallizedtear

I say 'Thanks, that's very nice/sweet of you to say'

or 'No I'm not' and look away.

But if they say false things like I'm hot or every guy likes me (lol I know she says it to make me feel better!)

I say 'Stop it, it's not true. I know I'm average compared to other girls, some things you just know and understand.'

Guest Rainie

Straightforward compliments like that make me uncomfortable...

I'll either say "Uh...thank you" or if I know the person and if they're a girl, I'd say something nice about them.

Guest sacreble

if someone told me that I'm good looking...which is very rare.. I would say

really????? ooh...thanks you...bla bla bla babble a lot...and the person who told me that I'm pretty will eventually become my friend or just freak out..-_-

if I would tell a person that he is pretty I would say "你很可愛" I like to say that a lot...cuz chinese guys are so shy :P

Guest joking03

Just say thank you and feel better for the whole day. LOL.

It's always nice to get a compliment and there's no reason to be all self-deprecating if you do get one as well.

You ARE as lovely as people say! :D

Guest ginger

Depends on my mood. If I'm in a really good mood, I'll reply with a (hopefully) gracious, "Thank you so much!" But if someone catches me off guard and just says something on the street/in a restaurant, I tend to give the startled and awkward, "Oh, uh...thanks."

I was soooo the Awkward/Weird One out of my group of friends in middle/early high school, so I'm *still* not comfortable receiving attention sometimes.

-ginger

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

Yeah, compliments always make me feel awkward o_O

"Oh I think you're really cute!"

"Thanks...?" o_O;

lol me too. whenever someone compliments me, i always feel ackward and don't really know what else to say but 'No'. but at times, i'll tell them that they're wrong and that i don't believe them. i usually say the last one to my boyfriend lol.

Guest Allthatdazzles

I would be gracious about it and say " Aww...Thank you!' or "oh why, Thank you!"

When i know they're not saying it out of sincerity i would briefly and politely thank them, still.

Archived