google cache links

Guest mark.

"them" = search engine crawlers and spiders

1. Filter them out on the network level (you need full access to your web server)

2. Filter them out on the application level (code into your dynamic pages to not render for search spiders and crawlers.. this wont work with static text only pages)

3. I believe the various search engines have code you can put into your pages to not crawl through them. I've never used this approach but I'm pretty sure there is.

I always resort to 1 but that means you'd have to own your own webserver.

"them" = search engine crawlers and spiders

1. Filter them out on the network level (you need full access to your web server)

2. Filter them out on the application level (code into your dynamic pages to not render for search spiders and crawlers.. this wont work with static text only pages)

3. I believe the various search engines have code you can put into your pages to not crawl through them. I've never used this approach but I'm pretty sure there is.

I always resort to 1 but that means you'd have to own your own webserver.

so no? haha sorry O_o lil confused

Guest HyunJoonzGirl~*

I don't use Google ads in my forum so my forum won't be cache'ed by Google. But still, being cache'ed means storing memories in Google, you know. When the forum crashed, much information was lost, but can be retrieved again through Google's caches. ^^; So I don't think it's all bad...

me,

HyunJoonzGirl~*

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use Google ads in my forum so my forum won't be cache'ed by Google. But still, being cache'ed means storing memories in Google, you know. When the forum crashed, much information was lost, but can be retrieved again through Google's caches. ^^; So I don't think it's all bad...

me,

HyunJoonzGirl~*

yeah - i retrieved most of the comments on one fic and all on another 2 using google cache.

i doubt the cache is kept forever right? can you imagine how much data that would be??

i'm sure it gets deleted after a while

me,

HyunJoonzGirl~*

Google caches websites whether you use google ads or not. They have nothing to do with each other. How else would a search engine work if they didnt have access to your website ?.. :)

Keep in mind if you block google from caching your pages, then google will also produce no results for a search query.

Archived