[ Phil. Drama 2008] My Girl

kim_sienna

[ABS-CBN] Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, Niña Jose, Enchong Dee

mygirlbanner1fj8.jpg

My Girl is an adaptation of the hit Korean drama series of the same title. The original series was aired by ABS-CBN in 2006. This is the first adaptation of a Korean drama series (also called Koreanovela in the Philippines) for Philippine TV.

Title : MY GIRL

Company : ABS-CBN & SBS

Director : Jerome Pobocan & Eric Salud

Official Website :

Original TV Adaptation : MY GIRL Korea

Writers (Story): Hong Jeong-eun & Hong Mi-ran

Airing : May 26, 2008 - September 5, 2008

Episodes : 75 episodes

Running Time: 30 minutes

synopsis1xp3.jpg

Jasmine, a Fil-Chinese girl whose zest for life never wavers despite her endless struggles. Her destiny changes once she crosses paths with Julian (Gerald Anderson) who asks her to pretend to be his long-lost cousin to grant his grandfather’s dying wish. As they carry on with their charade, however, Jasmine learns that nothing good will come out of the ruse, especially when it leads to some romantic confusion. In an increasingly complicated situation, where will fate lead these "partners in crime?

cast1np1.jpg

jasanim8dub3.gifjulanim8dxp2.gif

annika2rx5.jpgnico2tn2.jpg

supportmq7.jpg

Ronaldo Valdez as Greg Abueva (Julian's Grandfather)

Lito Pimentel as Chito Estocapio (Jasmine's Father)

Bing Loyzaga as Belle (Julian's Auntie)

K Brosas as Tessie Legaspi (Nico's Mother)

Alex Gonzaga as Christine (Jasmine's Friend)

David Chua as Jeffrey (Jasmine's Friend)

Regine Angeles as Shiela (Julian's Secretary)

DJ Durano as John

Nicole Uysiuseng as Hanna Castro (Julian's Real Longlost Cousin)

♥relationship chart♥

relpchrtcopyra5.th.jpg

changes1of2.jpg

♥ The Pinoy version takes place during the summer/typhoon season. The original took place during the Christmas season.

♥ Jasmine speaks Tagalog,Cebuano and Chinese as opposed to Yoo Rin's Korean and Japanese.

♥ Julian's cousin Hannah is said to be in Cebu not in Japan.

♥ The mandarin orchard was replaced with mango orchard.

♥ Nico was touring around the Philippines while Jung-woo is touring around the world.

♥ Anika is a beauty pageant queen. Seo Hyun was a tennis player.

♥ Gong Chan & Se Hyun got back together in the original while in this version, Julian & Anika did not.

♥ Julian has a more endearing personality in this version. He knew from the start that he's in love with Jasmine. Gong Chan's character on the other hand is very unpredictable, he's confused about his feelings for Yoo Rin.

♥ Jasmine picks a heart that was hanging from a pole by standing on top of a jeepney after she got drunk. Yoo Rin picks the star on top a Christmas Tree by climbing up a ladder.

♥ Jasmine vomits directly on Julian after getting drunk. In the original, Yoo Rin only vomits on Gong Chan's jacket.

♥ Jasmine mentions that whenever it rains its her birthday, as opposed to the snow in the original.

♥ Julian and Nico play either basketball or boxing as to Gong Chan and Jung-woo playing squash together.

♥ Hannah Castro's (Hannah's new name) life is shown as opposed to the original, when her character, Choi Ha-na, is shown only in the final episode with her husband Lee Mong-ryong.

♥ A movie scene was used instead of the taxi scene when Julian (Gong Chan) lets Jasmine (Yoo Rin) lie on his shoulder, the day before the couple will be separated from one another.

♥ The Pinoy version shows a transition of Julian and Jasmine without each other for four years. While in the original, Gong Chan and Yoo Rin have only been apart for two years.

♥ Julian searched for Jasmine around the islands of the Philippines. Gong Chan searched for Yoo Rin in Japan, Korea and other nearby countries. The Philippines has been mentioned too.

♥ Julian keeps his specs on as opposed to Gong chan, who only wore it for part of one episode (episode 15).

♥ Jasmine sees Julian at the bus station as opposed to Yoo Rin seeing Gong Chan at the airport after not seeing each other for a few years.

♥ Julian is seen driving a BMW car in the first half of the series. The second half of it, he drives a SUV. In the original, Gong Chan was driving a Land Rover SUV in the first half, then drives a black car in the second half. Jasmine (second half) drives a white Suzuki car as opposed to Yoo Rin driving a red SUV. Nico drives a Volkswagen Beetle in the first half, then drives a BMW SUV in the second.

♥ In the original, most of the snowglobes have Christmas themes. In this version, the theme is 'love and romance. Gong Chan keeps on staring at a replica of Yoo Rin's snowglobe while Julian is holding on to a snowglobe with a 'marriage proposal' theme.

♥ After four years of being apart, Jasmine saw Julian first. She got teary-eyed when she saw him but didn't dare call his attention. The song 'I don't wanna miss a thing' was used in this lovely scene.

♥ At the karaoke scene, Gong Chan sang a sad love song for Yoo Rin. In this version, Julian teasingly sang to Jasmine, his own version of 'Crazy Love'.

(thanks to
, other posts added by ♥cheesecake♥)

ost1po5.jpg

mygirlaw5se3thej6.jpg

Tracklist:

1. My Girl by Sam Milby

2. Sabihin Mo Na by Yeng Constantino

3. Crazy Love (Chinese Version) by Kim Chiu

4. Gulo, Hilo, Lito by Acel van Ommen

5. Kahit 'Di Mo Napapansin by Richard Poon

6. Pusong Lito by Kim Chiu

7. Sabihin Mo Na by Kim Chiu & Gerald Anderson

Other songs / BGM used:

1. I don't wanna miss a thing by Nina

2. The one who won my heart by Christian Bautista

media1wa2.jpg

episodesyb2.jpg

Download links (thanks to disco)

♥[complete]

(thanks to disco)

(thanks to ace)

(thanks to kimerald bao's)

photosbn1.jpg

OFFICIAL (ABS-CBN)

mg5839ty7.th.jpgmg5860yk2.th.jpgmg5913az1.th.jpg001nw4.th.jpg003vv0.th.jpg004ez7.th.jpg

videosqf0.jpg

gfxbg1.jpg

newsfm8.jpg

links1qo7.jpg

MY GirL @ Pinoy Exchange

(thanks to shapap)

Sana Maulit Muli @
♥ @

♥credits ♥

ABS-CBN mygirltv wikipedia

kimerald bao disco ace

shapap maiecris KristineMVs sarah

kim_sienna ♥cheesecake♥ pharell

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ripgal

First a Kim Sam Soon remake, now a My Girl remake?

Maybe later there will be a Full House remake..:lol:

Hopefully she'll do the role Yoo Rin justice..

Guest imogene_af

N-O. But what can I do this is pretty confirmed unlike the MNIKSS. And really, no other word for it just the casting ALONE shows that this great Hong sisters drama will be shreded into pieces by teeny boppers.

Thanks ABS-CBN, THANK YOU for ruining a classic.

And if people are wondering why I'm so against Filipinos making K-dramas it is because I know their soap opera making style. It is not like K-dramas, it is very different. So pretty much it will be butchered. It will be. I am not at all against Filipino dramas, hello, I'm in love with one right now but redoing K-dramas in their style just won't fit.

Guest flipchk23

oh dear god

i hated the kimerald love team!

they dont have the expierience to headline a series on their own!!!

Guest amydien

Not trying to sound negative but Im just curious.....what's with all these remakes? Is this some sort of trend now in the Philippines? What happened to their own drama shows?

Guest imogene_af

Not trying to sound negative but Im just curious.....what's with all these remakes? Is this some sort of trend now in the Philippines? What happened to their own drama shows?

I knooooow. It's a shame really, they do have good originals too, but now they have to settle by watering down remakes. I think they're just desperate for ratings and money since My Girl was a big hit there, they're hoping to capture the same audience again, but I believe they are alienating the fans simply by casting these kids.

omg. shes really pretty but she cant act... im not hating, just being honest. i love her and all, but PLEASE dont partner her with gerald... he sucks at acting. kim chui is so so, but gerald just SUCKS and makes u lose interest. i was so excited for their last one [i forgot the title] but it DISSAPOINTED me sooooo much. i really dont think they can pull it off, like My Girl did. THAT WAS THE BESTTTT <3

in all of the shows they want to remake, they have to pick my fave series...and worst of it all they have to pick kim c to play da hae..they really need to tone it down with the remakes..n plus i can't see gerald playing dong wook..we all know this is going to be a loveteam bleh tv series..and they r too young to play the parts!

First a Kim Sam Soon remake, now a My Girl remake?

Maybe later there will be a Full House remake..:lol:

Hopefully she'll do the role Yoo Rin justice..

hey jo..i believe they r also trying to do a full house remake..

im just sad of what's happening with philippine dramas these days..

yup!.. actually it's ABSCBN who did start the remake of the old filipino movies... then after it became a hit, the rival gma7 did also the remake of the old fil. movies.. then it goes like that.. and now the remake of the kdrma's are about to start....

:wacko:

Guest shred

are they going to remake jewel in the palace, jumong, etc? :lol:

because those dramas really did well in the ratings in the philippines

as for this my girl remake ... um NO.

are they going to remake jewel in the palace, jumong, etc? :lol:

because those dramas really did well in the ratings in the philippines

as for this my girl remake ... um NO.

i don't know.. this is the only one that is confirmed base on the tv station website and the news... :sweatingbullets:

Guest akane82

Goodness!! can't they choose a better actress for Lee Da Hae's part? Kim Chiu cannot pull it off. Her acting is bland and so is with Gerald Anderson(if ever he gets Lee Dong Wook's part). Their acting skills are no good they should stick to modelling instead.

Kimchiu-03.jpgKimchiu-02.jpg

kim-chiu-jasmine.jpg

kim-1.jpg

Kim Chiu got a shock when she discovered that she had landed the lead role in the local version of the hit Koreanovela My Girl during the Dream Big Kapamilya press con. It was the first time that the Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Big Winner learned about her new project and she even cried upon hearing the good news. “Ang saya, ang saya!” (i'm happy, i'm happy!) she said while wiping away the tears. “Nagjo-joke ba kayo?” (Are you joking?)

ABS-CBN has secured the franchise of the said drama from SBS Korea and has pegged Kim to play the main character, Jasmin. “Sobrang thank you po sa lahat. Thank you po sa fans, sa ABS-CBN…it’s another wish granted,” (Thank You So much for everything. Thank You to the fans, to ABS- CBN..its another wish granted)Kim said, clapping her hands giddily. Though her leading man for the teleserye has yet to be cast, the young star hopes that her love team partner Gerald Anderson would get the part. “Siyempre po gusto ko siya. Tsaka ma-sasad po ang mga Kimerald,” (Of course, I wanted it to be him. And besides Kimerald will be sad) referring to their tandem’s avid followers. “Super love nila kaming dalawa, kaya di nga po namin alam kung paano sila masusuklian.” (They love the both of us so much, that's why we don't know how can we return their support). Is she sure the fans are the only reason why she picked Gerald? Kim could only giggle in answer to this pressing question from the reporters.

Coincidentally, Gerald’s birthday fell on the same day as the press con (March 7) so reporters pressed Kim into revealing what she got him. “Wakeboard po,”(using po is a sign of respect to whom you are speaking to). Kim confessed adding, “Pero nabili ko po ng may discount!” (But I bought the one with discount!) when the press teased that only girlfriends would give expensive gifts to their boyfriends.

With her debut coming this April, what does she think Gerald’s gift for her would be? “Hindi naman po importante yung gift.” (Gift is not important) Kim said with a shy smile. Though she is still clueless on the details of her party (which Star Magic is arranging for her) Kim was asked to choose her 18 roses line-up. “Of course daddy ko po,” naming her dad William for the first dance. Kim giggled non-stop when the all important last dance was mentioned. Who will get the meaningful spot? “Si Gerald.” she finally answered. So does turning 18 mean she can finally have a boyfriend (translation; Gerald)? “Pwede na po siguro,” (Maybe) she confessed, smiling sheepishly.

Busy with out of town shows and tapings for the drama Maligno with Claudine Barretto, Diether Ocampo, and Rafael Rosell, Kim does not feel threatened at all with Kuya opening his house to a batch of new teens. In fact, she will be even present during the PBB Teen Edition Plus launch on the 23rd. “Lahat ng tao may chance sa buhay, ako po din nabigyan ng chance. Kanya kanyang chance po naman.”(All of us have chance in life, I was given a chance. It's individual chances.) Kim only advises the new housemates to stay true to themselves once they enter the house. “Maging totoo po sila, maging natural lang at mamahalin na sila ng tao.”(Be true. Be Natural and they will be loved by the people)

source: ABS-CBN site

pics credits: ABS-CBN site, mukamo, pep

some translations: miyachan11

Guest whizzer's_rose

remakes of foreign drama started with Mari Mar...when Mari Mar clicked....I think ABS started to think of another strategy to spice up their line-up with Betty La Fea and My Girl. I have nothing against remakes though... but I hope they twist the story a bit. I think kim should be paired with another guy..someone older just to have something fresh..I think it's one of the ingredients why mari mar was successful because although marian is not new in the biz she wasn't that well known and her lead was never paired with her before

Archived