[ Phil. Drama 2008] My Girl

kim_sienna

Guest pinkgrrl

wow..a philippine version?! Can't wait to see the drama...

no,no,no!!! :huh::vicx: :tongue2: :excl:

i don't mind remakes just deal with the cast okiee!!! :unsure::wacko:

they are too young for the role... :crazy::w00t:

and they are not that experienced... :o

please not them!!! :o:crazy: :fury:

so...

do you have any idea, who fits the roles?

maybe they want the teen version of My Girl ahihi..

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EUNSHIHAE

whatever.

i'll wait until the episode to air in order to start judging right off the bat.

it's not fair to the actors etc.

EVERYBODY frickin makes remakes.

Guest Narda

mostly all the teleseryes in the philippines are remake nowdays ^^ (siniserye, fantaserye, whatever else...)

oh well.. just looking forward to this bcuz i love the kdrama my girl!!

in fact, i dont care if it's a remake as long as they make it their own

and when i mean their own, as in filipino taste? ehhhh. .doesnt make sense. :lol:

Guest `bigtymer

my girl?! that's my favorite drama!!

i heard about the remake from my mom this morning.

i'm kinda iffy with remakes....

but shouldn't the actors be casted based upon their ability to BE the character? and not just for their popularity?

kim sounded so surprised...will she be able to pull it off? she's seems too innocent for the role.

i hope she'll surprise me.....for the better.

and i'm not too fond of the pairing.....

aren't they too young for the roles? they're not even 20 yet...i think.

Guest charmaine412

Hay. Im not sure about this remake! I cant picture Kim as Yoo Rin and especially Gerald as Gong Chan. Gerald is like a 14 y/o.

Guest pinkie pink

i read from the other forums that gab valenciano (gary v's son) will be the other guy (junki's role)... he is not even an actor :tongue2:

this will definitely a MURDER(ed) version <_<

Guest xtndzai

^^MURDERED. Love the term.

Wah. I am so glad that people actually share the same sentiments as mine. I mean. I find Kim really pretty but damn, she can't compare to Lee Da Hae's acting. Not to mention the series would probably be butchered by the inferiority of the technical team. I really am against this thing. Really.

First. It was LOBO. Which I think was ripped off from the Nine tailed fox plot.We (filipinos) should stop being copycats.

Guest xKiMix

Wow, a lot of people are against the drama.

As for me, I will judge it after i see it. I like their tandem and I think they have a lot of chemistry together. A lot of you say that they aren't experienced and are too young. That maybe true but then if their acting lacks so much then why would their first drama Sana Maulit Muli be dubbed in Taiwan? The drama isn't even out yet and people are already making conclusions. I just wish people will be more objective before watching it cuz if you go in with a negative view, you will definitely notice more the faults and miss all the good qualities.

i just think that gerald doesn't fit the role..he is not a gong chan material type of guy..i cringed when he did smm..he's better in acting when he was in love spell..but when it comes to drama with a bit seriousness, he can barely deliver..

i think an older actor should play the part of gong chan..

i read from the other forums that gab valenciano (gary v's son) will be the other guy (junki's role)... he is not even an actor :tongue2:

this will definitely a MURDER(ed) version <_<

Ditto. i just hope that they'd not kill the series itself too much <_< the cast aren't really fit to be in their roles.i honestly don't have a good feeling on this. :ph34r:

Guest shobe_show

I have this feeling that KBS would buy the rights of this remake version and they would show it at Korea. *OMG! I'm can REALLY imagine it right now*

Guest imogene_af

^

That was a rumor started by some blog, I believe nothing is fully confirmed except Kim in the lead role.

Guest phoenix_cutez30

Its SBS. :)

Hay, Gab as Junki? God! ABS is really out of their mind!

actually, it's not confirmed... :sweatingbullets:

Guest imogene_af

I actually have no qualms with Kim getting cast, some doubts but no real violent protest since Yoo Rin's age was not really mentioned in My Girl nor was it an integral part of her character. Yoo Rin's childish and bubbly... a bit of a "little sister" for Gong Chan, so I think Kim could work since she is 18.

Since the leading men are not confirmed, a lot of us are petitioning for ABS-CBN to cast My Girl remake right. And that is bringing in the essence of the original characters. Now it's Gong Chan.

So Gerald Anderson playing a hotel magnate does not cut it, I'm sorry to his fans. He's too boyish looking, even the sparkle in his eyes come out with this youthful exuberance, something Gong Chan is not.

Gong Chan is a man who for one is older, also despite the fact of being older... he's older beyond his years in his mind. He also comes off as cold but is someone who is warm inside. We need someone with angst and sophistication to play that.

The other characters especially Jung Woo are also VERY essential.

So really if this becomes Go-Kada-Go Part 2 that is butchering the original.

It's all about the ESSENCE of the characters, Kim captures Yoo Rin's. I hope the rest will do that for their respected characters.

We petition this to ABS-CBN and I even made a video as a plea to them with a mock casting. I am not really saying they have to follow our dream cast, all I'm saying is to CAST within the essence of the characters. Casting a teenager for Gong Chan's role does not do it, if they'll change the story because of that... it's no longer a My Girl remake.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUYm_wfknY

Guest shred

i'm not a huge my girl fan but i can sympathize with the original drama fans who are urging ABS to cast it right. it's a kim chiu starrer so be it but i do agree that gerald looks too young to play the hotel's president. i'm not a sam milby fan either but i do think it'd make more sense to cast him for the lead.

*pokes* i like your mock video (and what a clever way to get your point be heard haha) ... i'm not down with casting melissa ricks though ... she doesn't look pinkberry enough *snorts*

Guest imogene_af

:lol: :lol:

I only got Melissa Ricks because she has a lot of clips... as long as your b****y and you're pretty someone can play that role but thanks. :lol: :lol:

Guest isay04

gah~ this is sooo frustrating. i think kim chiu is too young for the role. (plus she talks weirdly, acts fakely, and blah blah blah). wah, im sure abs will make this "pang-masa" again. (translation: they will ruin it! splatter it with cheesy lines and cliche scenes) i know, i'm such a pessimist, but hey, it's the truth!!! ahh... why can't they just be creative and original at the same time?

Archived