How Do You Like Your Konglish?

Guest chineseduckling

since im not korean i think the second one is easier. easier to read cuz its not bunched up like the first one

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd romanize in no. 2 because it's spaced out. It's just hard because most people don't know how to read theofficial konglish like with the eo's and eu's xD

No matter how long it is...I still have trouble reading the 2nd one. Like...it takes a TON of time.

The first one is easy to read. I can actually sing along to songs at the SONG'S pace.

• 4 months later...

I like the first one because its like in groups of words... but If i didnt know any korean and for really fast songs I would go with the second one because its in syllables

• 2 months later...
Guest aironeousB

Both. If I am listening to a song then the singer substitutes for example 2 and clarifies number 1.

If I am watching/listening to a movie - and seeing subtitles which i am trying to sound out I would prefer #2 if it stays on the screen long enough.

Guest JungYunho<3
ONE, because it's easier for me to sing along, and read. And, I'm not Korean =\

Yeah.. Me too... I just find it alot easier... The EX.2 is okay.. But it's alot harder for me to sing along and read... so for me ONE.. But sometimes it really depends... Like sometimes it's alot easier when it's EX.2 but sometimes it's alot easier for EX.1. But most of the time I find EX.1 easier.

Guest trabia-wind

2 is weird.. but with 1 it's hard to tell if it's like.. chuh-eum or like chu -heum or w/e if you don't know korean. which is why.. i saw somebody do this before: ChuhEum (or CheoEum).. =o it makes it easy i think. but i've only seen that once surprisingly

i much prefer example 1.. it's easier for me to read when i sing or something.

but example 2 is easier for me to write back into hangul when i'm practising or something. haha.

but i definitely prefer to read hangul. =]

Ex.2 (which is how I see most lyrics romanized) is so confusing to me because I'm used to reading and writing everything the way it is, it's the way it sounds (Japanese). That's why I can never sing along to korean songs cuz I just can't teach myself to read in Ex. 2 I keep going back to reading it in a Japanese way after a few lines. :sweatingbullets::wacko:

Archived