How Do You Like Your Konglish?

Romanized..?
Okiis. Yeah O_O. Just taking an overall survey to decide which way I should romanize other albums that no one requests O_O. Just to see what style is more popular among soompiers =D. Here's ex 1: choumen arsu obdon nomane hyangiga nukyojyo shigani hurursurog nanun byonhago byonhane And ex 2: chuh eum ehn ahl soo uhp duhn nuh mahn ae hyang gee gah neu kkyuh jyuh shee gahn ee heu reul soo rohk nah neun byuhn hah goh byuhn hah neh btw. can you guys guess the song? ^^ -HUAY (edit) btw. I, myself, prefer ex 1. O_O XD Before I started listening to Korean music, I was super into Japanese music .. and I found warghalv's lyric site.. and so going from Japanese rom and her lyrics was the easiest transition.. but I can romanize both ways ness~ O_O. so it doesnt matter. but you know.. now, since most people actually request ex 2 for me to romanize, it's sorta easier for me to romanize that way. well anywho. gogogo. vote~ T_T. ---
Example 2 is easier. That song is Clazziquai's "She Is" :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reason for One..

You don't say fah muh lee when you want to say family do you?

How about.. sorry? Soh euree?

.. -_-.. Cbb.

.. So why bother.. writing out the eu's and the mm's and the.. etcs?..

And why do you need those friggen h's that are silent anyway?!?!?!??!!

when i romanize its easier to write it out like example 1. but its really hard to read example 1 when you are not familiar with korean...so example 2 is probably the best. i would give actual word exaples but too lazy to think.

• 1 month later...

Both are pretty bad. If I had to pick, I'd choose 2.

Warghalv's way doesn't make notice of all the sound changes and shifts. It's like everything is written how Korean is spelled instead of pronounced.

The 2nd way is really common, but it looks really ugly. It can also be slow to read.

By the way, the correct word is romanization. I have no idea why people call it Konglish.

This is what Konglish is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konglish

Also, there actually are official romanization systems, but I don't think they're all that great either.

I made my own romanization system and I think it's pretty nice. o_O

But of course, the number 1 thing to do is learn Hangul!

Also, there actually are official romanization systems, but I don't think they're all that great either.

I made my own romanization system and I think it's pretty nice. o_O

But of course, the number 1 thing to do is learn Hangul!

actually, i find the current romanization system makes a lot more sense. it helps cover the harder hangeul combinations. (i slowly am myself appreciating this new system) if this system was more in use, and people are a lot more consistent about it, then learning korean romanization would be easier since with each combination it would code into a particular set of english alphabet characters. then doing romanizations would be just like solving a piece of code. but the thing is people who are totally unfamiliar with hangeul might find it easier to "romanize" according to what they know of. if only the korean media is consistent with romanization =_= (but that's probably because even people in korea don't know about the romanization system themselves). i try to use the new system, but the old way is so in use, sometimes i give in T_T.

um, yeah, so i guess it's kinda clear which version i'd perfer. to be honest, neither. but next best would be number 2.

^ I really tried to accept the new system. I just found some bad points to it. >_<; I don't like how 의 is always ui, 시 is si instead of shi, and the eo/eu thing. Of course, there were many improvements and good points. I remember when I was so obsessed, trying to make everyone use the new system. o_O;

I just wish there was ONE system that everyone could use. For example, Japanese is romanized the same way almost all the time because it's an easy language to romanize. Korean, on the other hand, is really difficult to romanize properly. I hope the government can work on another improved romanization system... but I think it's too late because the street signs, displays, and everything is romanized the new way in Korea.

Oh, well... enough of my rantings. =X

ex 1.. but probably cuz it's easier for koreans to understand the first eg. than the second. well for me, anyway ^^;

choumen arsu obdon nomanui hyangiga nukyojyo

shigani hurursurog nanun byonhago byonhane

i would have put an l instead of an r. oh well.

whatever floats your boat <33

Archived