What Kind Of Headphones Do You Have/use?

Guest ^_O

Guest CKalvin

Honestly, skull candy doesn't look that bad, but if your talking about in-ear buds, the best on the market for its price (IMO) would probably be UE5.

I have a set laying around, but I stopped using them since I rare do subway/bus to school now.

haha u know, u shud really cater for the non audiophiles here. lots of em probably havent even heard of etymotic or UE haha.

n i dont use in-ears, they hurt my retarded ears for some reason. currently using cheapo senn hd215's at the moment. =P

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inyeon.

I have Zumreed Sfit Color Headphones.

zumreedyi1.png

The quality is alright. Not outstanding. ): I regret buying them in pink though. D: I should of bought blue or red. -_-

Guest CKalvin

I have Zumreed Sfit Color Headphones.

zumreedyi1.png

The quality is alright. Not outstanding. ): I regret buying them in pink though. D: I should of bought blue or red. -_-

hey my dongseng bought those when she went to korea!

too bad the quality wasnt too exciting -_-

. . . and I just realised i have another question. You know the wire on the headphones that you plug into your mp3/computer, is it like, one wire fits all (im such a noob -____-") or are the wires like specifically for one opening ?

majority of the headphones will come with the 3.5mm mini jack which will plug into your MP3, PMP, laptop, etc...but most will usually include an 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter which will allow you to plug the headphones directly into your audio components that have a headphone jack e.g. integrated amplifier, receiver, CD player, etc. If they don't include it free, you can always purchase one for a couple of bucks at your local electronics store. So you are covered either way.

I tried the iGrados, but went with the Ultraone iCans instead, the Grados just didn't sit well on my head, but then again I have a humongous dome! :lol:

Guest CKalvin

majority of the headphones will come with the 3.5mm mini jack which will plug into your MP3, PMP, laptop, etc...but most will usually include an 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter which will allow you to plug the headphones directly into your audio components that have a headphone jack e.g. integrated amplifier, receiver, CD player, etc. If they don't include it free, you can always purchase one for a couple of bucks at your local electronics store. So you are covered either way.

I tried the iGrados, but went with the Ultraone iCans instead, the Grados just didn't sit well on my head, but then again I have a humongous dome! :lol:

oh well. iGrados! iCans! iUnoriginal! whens the prefix ever going to stop?

ps. http://headphones.com.au/ is a good site if ur aussie n looking for a nice set of cans

^ haha, yeah so true...the worst example of this whole "i" fetish, was on a toaster!

yup, the itoaster & you guessed it, it came in multiple color options *shakes head*

jeez, just realized i misspelled Ultrasones in my prior post! :blush:

Guest CKalvin

jeez, just realized i misspelled Ultrasones in my prior post! :blush:

no fear! i could probably spell beyerdynamic as bayerdynamo and most people wouldnt be any the wiser haha.

time to enlighten soompiers!

AUDIO GEAR DOESNT ONLY COME FROM SONY IPOD CREATIVE AND SENNHEISER!

believe it or not, theres stacks of good gear out there at affordable prices.

audio technica, akg, koss and yuin all make some decent sub 100 cans/ in ears.

DONT FALL FOR SONY JUST COS THEY LOOK COOL!

Guest <yiboy>

no fear! i could probably spell beyerdynamic as bayerdynamo and most people wouldnt be any the wiser haha.

time to enlighten soompiers!

AUDIO GEAR DOESNT ONLY COME FROM SONY IPOD CREATIVE AND SENNHEISER!

believe it or not, theres stacks of good gear out there at affordable prices.

audio technica, akg, koss and yuin all make some decent sub 100 cans/ in ears.

DONT FALL FOR SONY JUST COS THEY LOOK COOL!

You forgot Bose and I really doubt any non-audiophiles even know about sennheiser. lol

THANKS! :)

at <yiboy> MUGETSU and bulgogi88

yeahh, well I read all your posts and I'm pretty much convinced that if I'm ever going to buy a pair of headphones, I'll won't go for skullcandy. haha (unless, like I'm one of the teenagers who are eventually going to become overly sensitive

I've been wanting to hear good quality music for a while and I'm thinking of becoming an audiophile -_-" though I don't know how well that'll go.

LOL!

WELL. ok, so I went through all the ones <yiboy> mentioned and :) YES , IT HELPED!

actually, the ATH-ES7 caught my eye, I mean it was . .. shiny (there's the teenager-ness shining through)

HAHA, and then the review showed exactly what happens after a few days, fingerprints

haha (? why am i always haha-ing)

AH well. . -_-

it's about $200 dollars (in Australia I guess =X . . . that's what it said on the website, at least) so I'm guessing I'll have to wait till Christmas comes around ..

second on my list is the Grado SR60

needless to say, this one is within my own budget, :)

meaning I can buy this, . . . probably

so YEAH!

THANKS for answering my question and giving me so many suggestions!!

xD

I really really really appreciate it!

. . . and I just realised i have another question. You know the wire on the headphones that you plug into your mp3/computer, is it like, one wire fits all (im such a noob -____-") or are the wires like specifically for one opening ?

haha first of all, thanks for reading it. I was starting to think I posted that entry all for nothing. :P

And to answer your next question, Ckalvin already took care of it. 3.5 mm jack for standard headphones which fit your mp3 players, laptop, computer, etc. etc. And like he says, the "good phones" usually also come with 6.3mm jacks that really only people crazy about music or doing the whole studio thing really ever use.

Guest CKalvin

asif! everyone has HEARD of sennheiser at some point right....

and here in aussie land, bose products are overpriced like CRAZY, so thats why i didnt include it

Guest dabrain

Honestly, skull candy doesn't look that bad, but if your talking about in-ear buds, the best on the market for its price (IMO) would probably be UE5.

I have a set laying around, but I stopped using them since I rare do subway/bus to school now.

yeah ... i got the ue5pro and among all inears i have used so far they have the best sound quality

they r uncomfortable at the beginning though, esp if u have small ear holes

i got used to it so ...

Guest CKalvin

HEyy...i have those too!!! i got them for my birthday in july :] what color are yours?

how good are they? and how much did u get em for?

Guest MUGETSU

They're pretty good.

However since they are closed headphones there may be some sound distortion because of the earcup housing, but this usually gives such headphones better bass.

Oh btw - they make fake ATH-ES7s I hope you got yours from a legitimate business. If the price was too good to be true, it probably was.

Audiocubes.com aka AC Gears here in NYC sell legitimate ones, but they cost a lot at that store $170, while I've seen some legitimate sites (sold out though) selling for around $110 shipped.

Guest Suigintou

10090977ca4.jpg

I use JVC's pink Gumy earphones. The quality is alright for something that costs only $15 and they have lasted for over 1.5 years already :P

Guest Airporte

You know the generic headphones you get from Wal-Mart, or any cheap anything-mart near you?

rdf.png

Yeah, I have those, and it's lasted for years now, though not without sustaining a few nicks and bumps. (Then again, I only just started using them.)

The right earphone snapped off, and now it hangs down by the wire. It could've been utilized well enough, but then it stopped working altogether. My left earphone is well and intact. Though... it does look sort of strange with a plastic circle covered in foam dangling from the couch or floor.

I'm so sophisticated.

Guest Brusky

just got my Skull Candy Hesh headphones a few months ago to replace those crappy ipod buds. amazing sound and pretty bangin' for the price - love'em!

12c582bef659c35e66489510cd5c3081.image.320x320.jpg

does anyone here have this pair of headphones?

the ATH-SJ3: http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Headpho...Headphones.html

i saw it in we got married, saw it on coolsmurf's blog, and now i want it too xD

how's the sound quality? and i saw reviews on it saying that it is a bit small, and that it hurts a bit after awhile...can anybody confirm this?

thanks!

Guest zhuuzhuusoba

My mom bought me Bose headphones... At first, I was like, mom, those are too expensive for headphones. But she insisted (it was for my b-day present), and holy - you can hear EVERYTHING.

bose-on-ear-headphones.jpg

---

My friend has these ones, because she doesn't like packing around the larger ones that I have.

7397-bose1.jpg

These are really comfortable, and the sound quality is amazing (though I prefer mine, because buds hurt my ears).

Archived