Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

12 hours ago, wanda77 said:

It would have been nice if Ju Ji Hoon's name was mentioned in the article, I'm sure his portrayal is magnifique. I hope to see his movie soon, this box office hit makes it possible.

Hi wanda, I couldn't agree with you more - like you, I'm also very sure that he acted brilliantly again in this movie. Looking forward to see this movie, too. This must be good! The rest of the supporting cast is pretty solid. It has good cast. :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuckyLight said:

Waiting for Legend of The Blue Sea!

Hi LuckyLight, sorry but this isn't JJH's thread - this is Ju Jihun's thread.................you may be confused of the name. :P

October 6, 2016

Crime movie 'Asura' to open in LA this week

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 5 (Yonhap) -- The South Korean crime action film "Asura: The City of Madness" will open in theaters in Los Angeles this week, its local distributor said Wednesday.

Directed by Kim Sung-soo, the movie broke the opening day record for R-rated films in its native country, drawing an audience of about 480,000 last Wednesday.

"Asura" will open in Los Angeles on Friday, and then in nearly 30 cities including New York, Chicago, Washington, Toronto and Vancouver a week later, according to CJ Entertainment America.

The movie tells the story of a crooked cop, a corrupt mayor and a brutal prosecutor who all do evil things for their own gains. It is set in the fictional city of Annam that is struggling to deal with crime and other irregularities. Jung Woo-sung, Hwang Jung-min and Kwak Do-won star in the three main roles.

In September, the film was screened at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival under the Special Presentations category.

The official poster for "Asura: The City of Madness," provided by CJ Entertainment America. (Yonhap)

The official poster for "Asura: The City of Madness," provided by CJ Entertainment America. (Yonhap)

(END)

• Like 1

‘Asura’ to open across North America

Crime thriller “Asura: The City of Madness” will soon be shown on screens across North America.

Since its screening at the Toronto International Film Festival last month, the film has caught the attention of the global cinema industry.

It made its US debut in Los Angeles on Oct. 7 and will open in 30 major cities in North America, including New York, Chicago, Toronto, Houston and Washington D.C. on Oct. 14, according to CJ Entertainment.

20161011001020_0.jpg

A scene from “Asura: The City of Madness” (CJ Entertainment)

Currently preparing for its Asia rollout, “Asura” will also make its debut in Australia and New Zealand on Oct. 13.

Directed by filmmaker Kim Sung-soo -- best known for “The Ultimate Warrior” (2000) and “Beat” (1997) -- the blockbuster broke the record for best-selling R-rated movie on the first day of its local release.

The crime noir, starring actors Hwang Jung-min, Jung Woo-sung and Kwak Do-won, depicts the corrupt -- and oftentimes gruesome -- realities of greed-driven modern-day politics.

By Kim Yu-young (ivykim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

10 Celebrity couples who’ve been together since forever

746f9e04-a68d-438c-bbe0-a9a60ea97e5a.jpg

These Korean celebrity couples have been dating for years and are still going strong! Scroll down to reveal the full list!

(skipped unrelated.....)

6 Gain and Joo Jin Hoon (3 years)

bd30714b-c0e1-4b09-8851-ecc90e90d782.jpg

Joo Ji Hoon and Gain were friends for five years and started dating after filming Gain’s steamy music video.

source : dramafever

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

*** I'm happy that JJH stays with KE. It's such a great decision. :P

Joo Ji Hoon renews his contract with Key East Entertainment

joo-ji-hoon

Joo Ji Hoon will be continuing on with Key East Entertainment

On December 13, Key East Entertainment officially announced, "We have renewed our contract with Joo Ji Hoon, who has been with us for the past 6 years." 

Yang Geun Hwan, the CEO of Key East, also stated, "We appreciate Joo Ji Hoon, who has been with us for a long time with unchanging trust and friendship. We'll continue to respect each other's opinions for our growth, and support him in all directions as a dependable supporter."

Meanwhile, Joo Ji Hoon's new film 'With God' starring Ha Jung Woo, Cha Tae Hyun, Ma Dong Seok, and more is hitting the theaters in 2017. 

source : allkpop

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

6 Of The Most Beautiful K-Drama Proposals Of All Time

Although Valentine’s Day, or as I prefer to call it “Singles Appreciation Day,” is long over, that doesn’t mean we have to stop celebrating love. What is a better representation of love than the proposal? The act of asking someone to commit their entire life to you.

So let us take a look at some of the best proposals we’ve seen from K-dramas, an industry that has ruined the idea of romance for the rest of us. Ladies and gentlemen, take notes so your partners don’t end up disappointed!

Warning: Spoilers ahead

Goong

Goong Proposal

“Let’s get married…Instead of an arranged marriage…I’m proposing to the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

Two youths thrown together against their will because of a promise made by elders is not the ideal way to start a marriage. However, as they grow and mature together, they realize that they do in fact want to spend the rest of their lives together. Making a choice, Shin (Joo Ji Hoon) puts his heart out there to ask Chae Kyeong (Yoon Eun Hye) to be his wife, this time because of love. The proposal by Shin was great, but the way Chae Keyong accepted the proposal was even better by pretending that her scarf was stuck and asked her husband to untie it for her just to reveal the engagement rings, signaling her acceptance of his confession.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit: soompi news

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello to anyone passing by this thread! I know it has been inactive lately but I only discovered JJH this year, so I thought I would come in to say a belated Happy Birthday to him and maybe meet some fellow fans. I've been looking for JJH fandom on Instagram and YouTube, but they're not the best places for expressing longer thoughts.

I know that many are hoping to see JJH in another drama, but I'm really intrigued and excited by his movie choices. He's been going for darker roles which I think have challenged him to do more with his acting skills and to be more "real" if you know what I mean. 

Also, I don't know if the Korean movie industry is maybe more welcoming to JJH than the drama industry, but it seems like he enjoyed working on ASURA last year and made good connections with his older high-profile co-stars. The bromance he had with Jung Woo Sung during the movie promotion was so fun to watch. :D I'm hoping that his upcoming movies WITH GOD and DUKE have also given him a chance to act well with big name sunbaes. If only it didn't take so long for the movies to come out!

I'm also interested to know more about JJH as a person. He seems more distant and reserved now compared to before his military service, with very little action on social media or any websites. But I liked his Running Man episodes and the Infinite Challenge with the ASURA cast, as they showed his fun side. I'm going to watch what I can of his All of Me DVD on YouTube later out of curiosity although it almost feels like another era.

Where are other fans getting their JJH fixes these days? :wub:

Anyway, here's what I've watched out of his catalog:

Goong - twice! with lots of skipping through the non-JJH parts the second time, haha!

Mawang - not bad, but still felt very slow

Antique - loved it through and through!

Naked Kitchen - the actors and cinematography were all great, but the script/editing was too quirky

Five Fingers - honestly, I couldn't finish this as it was so over the top makjang

Medical Top Team - still trying to finish as it started getting boring

Confession - also loved this one, great all around

Mask - JJH was so endearing and I'm glad he has this in his filmography, but I had issues with the story

Treacherous - WOW, that was a crazy one, but I'm so impressed at JJH absolutely disappearing into his character

Asura - struggled through some poor English subtitles so I'm hoping it comes out on Netflix, but JJH was great in it

(I use KissAsian, DramaFever, Viki, and Netflix for most of my viewing.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jinjoint said:

Hello to anyone passing by this thread! I know it has been inactive lately but I only discovered JJH this year, so I thought I would come in to say a belated Happy Birthday to him and maybe meet some fellow fans. I've been looking for JJH fandom on Instagram and YouTube, but they're not the best places for expressing longer thoughts.

I know that many are hoping to see JJH in another drama, but I'm really intrigued and excited by his movie choices. He's been going for darker roles which I think have challenged him to do more with his acting skills and to be more "real" if you know what I mean. 

Also, I don't know if the Korean movie industry is maybe more welcoming to JJH than the drama industry, but it seems like he enjoyed working on ASURA last year and made good connections with his older high-profile co-stars. The bromance he had with Jung Woo Sung during the movie promotion was so fun to watch. :D I'm hoping that his upcoming movies WITH GOD and DUKE have also given him a chance to act well with big name sunbaes. If only it didn't take so long for the movies to come out!

I'm also interested to know more about JJH as a person. He seems more distant and reserved now compared to before his military service, with very little action on social media or any websites. But I liked his Running Man episodes and the Infinite Challenge with the ASURA cast, as they showed his fun side. I'm going to watch what I can of his All of Me DVD on YouTube later out of curiosity although it almost feels like another era.

Where are other fans getting their JJH fixes these days? :wub:

Anyway, here's what I've watched out of his catalog:

Goong - twice! with lots of skipping through the non-JJH parts the second time, haha!

Mawang - not bad, but still felt very slow

Antique - loved it through and through!

Naked Kitchen - the actors and cinematography were all great, but the script/editing was too quirky

Five Fingers - honestly, I couldn't finish this as it was so over the top makjang

Medical Top Team - still trying to finish as it started getting boring

Confession - also loved this one, great all around

Mask - JJH was so endearing and I'm glad he has this in his filmography, but I had issues with the story

Treacherous - WOW, that was a crazy one, but I'm so impressed at JJH absolutely disappearing into his character

Asura - struggled through some poor English subtitles so I'm hoping it comes out on Netflix, but JJH was great in it

(I use KissAsian, DramaFever, Viki, and Netflix for most of my viewing.)

Hi jinjoint, I've watched "Medical Top Team" because of him & Kwon Sang Woo..... I like the cast and its very strong plot. The cast was full of great actors.  It was a pretty standard show, not bad but not great. But, I enjoyed it a lot. It remained a beautifully shot show with interesting angles, and realistic surgical scenes. The strongest part of the show was its medical aspect.:lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi jinjoint, I've watched "Medical Top Team" because of him & Kwon Sang Woo..... I like the cast and its very strong plot. The cast was full of great actors.  It was a pretty standard show, not bad but not great. But, I enjoyed it a lot. It remained a beautifully shot show with interesting angles, and realistic surgical scenes. The strongest part of the show was its medical aspect.:lol:

Thanks for the thoughts! I will try another episode this weekend. I did enjoy how realistic the medical stuff was, and it absolutely looks and feels like a glossy, well-made show. But it wasn't the kind of drama I could sit for hours and watch one episode after another, like with others I've loved. :huh: Maybe I can make it once a week similar to Western TV shows. At least it's not as painful as Five Fingers -- I just couldn't handle how ridiculously up and down that one was!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** JJH's name mentioned.....................  She may be called in by the police to testify because of her IG posts. Wait & see............ :o

Son Ga-in claims boyfriend‘s friend suggested marijuana

Singer Son Ga-in of Brown Eyed Girls dropped shocking news that a friend of her boyfriend Joo Ji-hoon had suggested she use marijuana.

20170604000283_0.jpg

(Son Ga-in`s Instagram)

Son took to Instagram Sunday to reveal a photo that screen-captured messages between her and a man surnamed Park, whom she identified as Joo’s friend and the person who suggested she smoke marijuana. Along with the photo, she also posted a lengthy letter that fiercely accused Park of offering her the product.

In the letter, Son said that her boyfriend Joo was punished in the past for using drugs and said Park suggested the singer use marijuana because of her relationship with Joo.

“I almost accepted it, because my mind wasn’t in a good place at that time. But I have been keeping my nose clean, which is the reason why I will never go near marijuana until it becomes legal.”

Calling it a last warning to Park, she also wrote, “I’m already being treated with legal morphine to cure my disease. If you want to smoke, you should either just do it and go behind bars, or get really sick like me and get some drugs. This is my last warning, and if you do it again, I will destroy you.” 

20170604000284_0.jpg

(Son Ga-in`s Instagram)

Son wrapped up the letter saying she wasn’t afraid of the potential repercussions of her postings and that she would voluntarily receive a drug test every three months to prove she is substance-free.

Son has not been seen in public since May 23 due to health problems, according to her agency. The agency had said she was hospitalized and was unable to carry out activities, but didn‘t elaborate. As rumors rose that she was hiding from public due to her pregnancy, Son recently shared on her Instagram that she has been suffering from pneumonia, accompanied by anxiety disorder and insomnia.

By Hong Dam-young (lotus@heraldcorp.com)

Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga In Responds To Potentially Having To Testify Following Post About Joo Ji Hoon’s Friend

Ga-In.jpg

Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga In may be called in by the police to testify against her boyfriend Joo Ji Hoon’s friend, who she previously named as someone who offered her marijuana.

On June 4, the singer uploaded a series of posts on Instagram confessing what had occurred, to mixed reactions, and clarified that she has never used marijuana.

The drug investigative unit of the Seoul Metropolitan Police has since suggested that there is a possibility that Ga In’s Instagram posts may be used as evidence in an investigation, and revealed that they also debated about whether they will call in Ga In to testify in an investigation.

Ga In personally addressed the possibility on June 5 with another Instagram post, although her response has changed from its original posting.

It first read, “While it is correct he invited me, since he says he has never done so. That is something he has to deal with himself. Why do I, who suffers from panic disorder, have to go all the way to the police? This is tiresome.”

The last part of her statement, beginning the question, has since changed to read, “I will go and be investigated by the police,” and implied she would comply in the case she was asked to testify.

However, a source from the police also clarified later on, “An internal investigation regarding Ga In’s disclosing post has begun. Since Ga In is not a suspect, she is not subject to an investigative summons.”

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** I heard that the Narcotics Unit of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency had begun an internal investigation about Son’s revelation. The date of when the meeting/investigations will take place has not yet been decided. :o

Joo Ji-hoon and Son Ga-in still together? Feat. Marijuana

photo855334.jpg

photo855334.jpg

Brown Eyed Girls Son Ga-in has been putting her thoughts up on SNS and rumors about her and Joo Ji-hoon have also started circling. Their managements that claimed there was nothing wrong between them just five days ago, have resided to keeping their silence now.

Mystique Entertainment stated, "Internal issues haven't been cleared yet so we can't say anything".

About Joo Ji-hoon, they said, "We have to look into it. We can't say anything".

Joo Ji-hoon's management Key East said, "We aren't sure about the two of them and it's their privacy".

photo855333.jpg

This is different from what the managements said just five days ago about the two 'being still together'. The reason for this, is because Son Ga-in has stopped all formal activities since the end of last month and has been dealing with rumors through her SNS. She also revealed information about a certain person.

On the 4th of May, Son Ga-in even confessed that she was offered marijuana by one of Joo Ji-hoon's friends. When news about her police investigations came up, she said she will comply with the police and cooperate with them.

Amidst all this, rumors about a break up has been going around and some of it is because of the way the managements tried to get around the topic.

Joo Ji-hoon is also keeping silent about all this.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

***Did they break-up with JJH? I heard that she’s mentally unstable & claimed to be suffering from depression and insomnia, and said she is currently taking morphine. So, why feeling such if she’s not going through something.............:o

• Like 1