Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

Lotte Entertainment Enters 10-Million Admissions Club with ALONG WITH THE GODS

tewTslTUhiLqaaihUKmH.jpg

Lotte Entertainment, a subsidiary of the Lotte Group conglomerate, has finally joined the 10 million admissions club thanks to its end-of-year release Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds

Directed by KIM Yong-hwa, the webcomic turned big-budget fantasy epic is the first 10 million viewer film of 2018. Released on December 20, the film officially passed the 10 million admissions mark on January 4 and is the 16th Korean film in history to do so. 

The Korean film industry deems a film a blockbuster when it sells 10 million tickets, however accomplishing the feat had eluded Lotte Entertainment, one of Korea’s ‘big 4’ film distributors and owner of the country’s second largest movie theater chain Lotte Cinema, until now. Before Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds, Lotte's top selling film had been The Pirates (2014), which ended its theatrical run with 8.67 million tickets (USD 62.13 million) sold.

Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds has also been selling tickets at an impressive pace. The film came close to matching the record of shortest time for reaching the 10 million viewer milestone, which is currently held by Roaring Currents (2014). Roaring Currents accomplished the feat in 12 days compared to the 16 days it took for Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds. Roaring Currents is still the all-time box office champ, holding the domestic record for highest grossing and most watched film with 17.62 million admissions (USD 127.09 million). Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds currently ranks fifth among Korean films, with 13.04 million admissions (USD 98 million) to date.

The first movie in a two-part series, production for Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds took place simultaneously with its sequel (titled Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days) which will be released this summer.

credit : Kobiz

• Like 2

***I want to watch this movie of JJH. I really need to find a way to watch this movie with English subtitles. I hope the DVD will be available in the market soon. Congratulations to all the casts & production team! I heard that JJH is really good here. I'm very happy for him to have such a hit movie! :lol:

'Along With The Gods' becomes the 3rd highest grossing Korean film of all-time

'Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds' has become the 3rd highest grossing Korean film of all-time.

According to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), the film has garnered over 13,541,967 cumulative number of spectators at the box office as they collected 362,165 viewers this weekend alone. By doing so, 'Along With The Gods' surpassed 'Veteran', another movie that did extremely well, to become the domestic grossing film of all time. The film has grossed a total of $101,823,448 so far. The film is just behind 'Avatar' in terms of gross value but with the quick rise in popularity, it appears to be possible to surpass the iconic movie's incredible number as well.

Meanwhile, 'Along With The Gods' premiered on December 20, 2017, and has been gaining attention worldwide.

Have you had a chance to watch the movie?

misc_1516573391_Screen_Shot_2018-01-21_a

source : allkpop

• Like 1

7 Amazing Films from the cast of 'Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds'

DO,cha-tae-hyun,joo-ji-hoon,ha-jung-woo_

The first month of 2018 hasn't even passed but one of the biggest movies of 2017/2018 has already hit the screens in South Korea.

'Along With the Gods: The Two World,' a fantasy genre movie directed by Kim Yong Hwa, is breaking records across the board and is almost at the 13 million viewer mark in South Korea. If you can't get enough of this movie or have run out of money to go view 'Along With the Gods' a second, third, or fourth time, in theaters, here are 7 other films from this cast.

3. Joo Ji Hoon 'Antique'

Joo Ji Hoon took a step away from his more recent serious roles with his portrayal of Wonmaek, but his first movie, 'Antique,' was the perfect piece to showcase his range of comic and serious acting skills. 'Antique,' also a webtoon-based movie, markets itself as a film with pretty boys and beautiful cakes but don't be fooled by that or the trailer. This bizarre, surreal film has its darker tones that can chill any viewer to the very core. It's a quirky feature and a hodgepodge of all the movie genres ever, could be a confusing first watch, but it's definitely a refreshing take.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 2

ALONG WITH THE GODS Debuted in 1st Place in Hong Kong

• Fantasy Epic Hit Across Asia

OJuFsNqJAkckJOYQBqjt.jpg

Along with The Gods: The Two Worlds has topped the box office during its first week of play in Hong Kong. The fantasy epic received the widest ever release for a Korean film in the city-state by playing in 51 of the market’s 53 theaters.

The film debuted in HK on January 11, topping the chart far ahead of Pixar’s Coco (in its third week of release) and the Liam Neeson vehicle The Commuter, which also debuted on the 11th. Through January 14, the hit has generated sales worth HKD 12,136,822 (USD 1.55 million).

Back in Korea, the film has been breaking records since its debut on December 20. Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds has to date welcomed 13.04 million viewers (USD 98 million), making it the fourth most well-attended Korean film of all time. The film also topped the box office in Taiwan at the end of last year.

Until now, the most successful Korean film in Hong Kong has been YEON Sang-ho’s TRAIN TO BUSAN, which broke records there in 2016, where it went on to surpass the Hong Kong thriller Cold War 2 to become the most successful Asian film of all time in the market.

From director KIM Yong-hwa, Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds is based on a popular webtoon by JOO Ho-min and stars CHA Tae-hyun, HA Jung-woo, JU Ji-hoon and KIM Hyang-gi. Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds is the first of a two-part series and was filmed at the same time with the second installment which is titled Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days and is expected to be released this summer.
  • Any copying, republication or redistribution of KOFIC's content is prohibited without prior consent of KOFIC.

credit : Kobiz

• Like 2

*** Congratulations to the cast!  Daebak! I'm happy for JJH. :lol:

“Along With The Gods” Becomes 3rd Biggest Box Office Hit In Korean Film History

Along-with-the-Gods3.jpg

“Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds” has reached a new impressive milestone!

As of January 22 at 3 p.m. KST, the film’s total number of viewers reached 13,542,327. This number exceeds the total viewership of 13,414,200 for “Veteran,” which was previously the third most viewed Korean film in theaters.

Just a little over a month after its release on December 20, “Along with the Gods” is now in third place. It is only beat by 2014 films “Roaring Currents” and “Ode to My Father” in first and second, respectively.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of the film!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

How much 'Along With the Gods' has grossed?

With the Korean film "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds" expected to surpass a cumulative audience of 14 million, attention is now being paid to how much it has earned in and out of its home country.

According to the real-time based box office tally from the Korean Film Council, the movie has garnered 13.85 million views as of Saturday.

The fantasy action movie is currently the third most-viewed film of all time in South Korea after "Roaring Currents" (2014, 17.6 million) and "Ode to My Father" (2014, 14.26 million).

20180128000183_0.jpg

Industry insiders say "Along With the Gods" will likely hit No. 2 sooner or later if the current trend continues.

In South Korea, movies seen by more than 10 million viewers are considered huge box-office successes.

The film has so far grossed about 110 billion won ($103 million) in South Korean theaters. Its net sales have reached 97.1 billion won, excluding 3 percent that goes to the state fund for the development of domestic films and a 10 percent supertax.

In addition, the movie is expected to pull in about 4 billion won in the IPTV and overseas theater markets.

It has hit 25 million dollars (about 26.6 billion won) internationally, sweeping box offices in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

In Taiwan, it became the most-viewed Korean film ever, beating out "Train to Busan" (2016). Its international box office is expected to rise further as the movie is set to open in the Philippines, which has a relatively large movie market, on Wednesday and is seeking to open in Japan later this year.

"Train to Busan" is the top-grossing Korean film of all time in the international market. It grossed 46 million dollars in 20 countries around the world.

"Along With the Gods" is the first installment of a two-part series directed by Kim Yong-hwa and is based on a popular webtoon by Joo Ho-min.

Starring Ha Jung-woo, Ju Ji-hoon and Kim Hyang-gi, the film is about a righteous firefighter who is judged in seven hells for 49 days after his death, guided by three grim reapers.

Part two is scheduled to open this summer. (Yonhap)

• Like 2

10 Heartbreaking Korean Melodramas That Are Worth The Tears

Stock up tissue boxes as these weep-fest Korean melodramas will surely numb your heart for a while.

In early 2000, Korean melodramas pushed the emergence of Hallyu to a more dominant position and recognition. “Season dramas” such as Autumn Tale and Winter Sonata became household dramas for families, who were able to relate on the unfortunate fate and satisfying triumphs of the lead characters.

Although these days melodramas are not as agonizingly conceived in a series-of-unfortunate-event setup, it keeps the staple ingredient of the painstaking narrative for the main leads before hitting happy endings. Improvement on tugging the viewers’ hearts with less tears is also a significant change compared to how we remember Choi Ji Woo or Song Hye Gyo crying almost every episode in their earlier projects.

Sometimes the amount of tears you shed for Korean melodrama does not make it unforgettable. You cry at the actual moment while watching it, but it does not leave a lingering effect. But there are stunningly captured Korean melodramas that remain carved in the viewers’ hearts, because of how beautifully and emotionally it was imagined. Each frame lets you feel the rush of the tears, and the nuance of hope for the character to be emancipated from his agonizing situation. Such power and dedication are needed to perfectly picture melodramas.

Let’s look back on some of the most recent Korean melodramas, which left us feeling sweetly depressed due to the amount of emotions we invested. Stories which gave us a prolonged inability to move on past the aftermath. Characters who provided us harrowing answers to life questions that we are too proud to ask.

6. Five Fingers

Five_Fingers-003.jpg?w=600

When you have the protagonist, villains, and counter-villains living under the same roof scheming on how they can make each other suffer and retaliating at the same time, you get the best drama ensembles acting wise. Five Fingers tells the story of a dysfunctional family that mutually detests each other. The intense, unlimited angst thrown at each other proves how money is thicker than blood and first love.

Full of flavors and sentiments, Five Fingers takes pride on the cohering storytelling, which its actors are pushed to the acting limit without showing any sign of defiance. It is a sweet tears and bliss story that you can share with your family.

10. Mask

mask_01-720x405.jpg?resize=720,405

Mask, having damaged characters, entices you by how much it deconstructs the main leads’ motivations and frailties on what they are willing to give, because of greed, vengeance and sacrificial love. Swerving from the musty melodrama trademark, it raises its fight club banner through lies, devious plots, and ruthless counter attacks for reasons of being blindly in love, and the thirst to achieve a payback.

The story evolves around a poor woman, who is hired to pretend as the daughter-in-law of a rich family, when the real rich girl died because of an accident. The lie that she agrees to do backfires, when she wakes up falling in love with her husband.

source : HelloKPop

• Like 2

January 30, 2018

'Along With the Gods' surpasses 14 million attendance mark

SEOUL, Jan. 30 (Yonhap) -- Local box-office sensation "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds" has topped 14 million in attendance, data showed Tuesday.

Released Dec. 20, the fantasy blockbuster hit the milestone at about 1 p.m. the 42nd day of its theatrical run, the real-time box-office tally from the Korean Film Council (KOFIC) said.

A promotional poster for "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds," released by Lotte Entertainment (Yonhap)

A promotional poster for "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds," released by Lotte Entertainment (Yonhap)

It is currently the third most-watched Korean film of all time after "Roaring Currents" (2014, 17.6 million attendance) and "Ode to My Father" (2014, 14.26 million attendance). Industry insiders say "Along With the Gods" will likely hit No. 2 sooner or later, as the film remains popular in its seventh week at the box office.

In South Korea, movies seen by more than 10 million viewers are considered huge box-office successes.

"Along With the Gods" is the first installment in a two-part series directed by Kim Yong-hwa and based on a popular webtoon by Joo Ho-min.

Starring Ha Jung-woo, Ju Ji-hoon and Kim Hyang-gi, the film is about a righteous firefighter who is judged in seven hells for 49 days after his death, guided by three grim reapers.

Part two is scheduled to open this summer.

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

• Like 1

So happy about all the success of Along With the Gods! I was able to see it at a local theater in the US yesterday (well, we drove over half an hour each way to get there, but it was worth it!) and no spoilers -- I really enjoyed the movie! It's epic, and entertaining, and emotional, which are all the things I want out of a cinema experience. I'm not Korean, but I kind of feel a bit excited for the country for producing such a huge "Hollywood" CGI/effects-heavy movie series, if that makes any sense. I'm really looking forward to the sequel!

JJH was very good indeed although his character was a bit shallow IMO, but the role had him doing a lot of action and looking extremely handsome in his costume. Seeing him on the big screen made me realize all over again how TALL he is. :lol: 

The movie was packed with Korean actors operating at the top of their game, so that was a treat as well. For me the highlights were: Ha Jung Woo, whose work I always love to watch; Cha Tae Hyun was excellent; and I also thought Do Kyungsoo did very well with his part. The little girl from Train to Busan had a super cute cameo type of role.

Here's a "behind the scenes" video from the Facebook of CGV:

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 11:24 PM, willenette said:

***I want to watch this movie of JJH. I really need to find a way to watch this movie with English subtitles. I hope the DVD will be available in the market soon. Congratulations to all the casts & production team! I heard that JJH is really good here. I'm very happy for him to have such a hit movie! :lol:

I want to watch this one too, I'm happy for him. I miss him. I watched Antique again a few weeks ago, he was great in it and I just love the movie. Has there been any news about Kindom lately?

@jinjoint I looked to see if it was showing in my area but had no luck.  I would love to see it in a theater.

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I want to watch this one too, I'm happy for him. I miss him. I watched Antique again a few weeks ago, he was great in it and I just love the movie. Has there been any news about Kindom lately?

@jinjoint I looked to see if it was showing in my area but had no luck.  I would love to see it in a theater.

Hi evie so bad that I wasn't able to watch the drama, "Antique" -  "Kingdom" movie is scheduled for release this year (2018) but no exact date yet. I'm waiting to see this film because it breaks new ground by combining two popular genres in one series: historical period drama and zombie action-thriller. Netflix said that the film will get a limited day-and-date release in the U.S., but it did not disclose further details. The writer has been working on "Kingdom" since 2011. So, this must be good!  This will be Netflix's second original series in South Korea. I hope we could get MORE news about the movie soon. :lol:

• Like 1

*** I am so happy for JJH. I'm waiting for the DVD copy of this movie soon. I guess I've to wait for few months. I'm sure it won't make the theaters here in my side.  Congratulations to all the cast! :lol:

“Along With The Gods” Rises To Become 2nd Biggest Box Office Hit In Korean Film History

Along-With-the-Gods.jpg

“Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” has made history once again!

On February 8 at 6 p.m. KST, the film reached 14,259,394 in moviegoers according to the Korean Film Council, surpassing the total viewership of 14,257,115 for “Ode to My Father.” This makes “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” the second biggest box office hit in Korean film history right behind 2014 film “The Admiral: Roaring Currents,” the number one Korean box office hit with a viewership of 17,615,152.

Since its premiere on December 20, the film has seen immense success, gaining 4 million viewers in just six days. It reached the 10 million mark on January 4, and previously surpassed “Veteran” to become the third biggest Korean box office hit on January 22.

Based on a popular webtoon, “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” is the first installment of a two-part series. It explores the tale of a man who goes through a series of trials over the course of 49 days as he is guided by three grim reapers.

The second installment is set to be released in the summer of 2018, and a drama adaptation of the original webtoon is also in the works.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

23 hours ago, willenette said:

Netflix said that the film will get a limited day-and-date release in the U.S., but it did not disclose further details. The writer has been working on "Kingdom" since 2011. So, this must be good!  This will be Netflix's second original series in South Korea. I hope we could get MORE news about the movie soon. :lol:

They probably won't release the subbed eps for the U.S. until the drama's over. That's what they did for Man to Man. I checked Netflix but all they had was a coming soon.  They are letting Viki sub the Hong Sisters dramas in my region so  I have hope I won't have to watch Kingdom at the sites you can't mention here.

• 2 weeks later...

*** Wow.............I hope he takes this so I could get to see him on the small screen again. Please come back & do this drama, JJH! I will watch if he accepts this offer. I would love to see a drama with Joo Ji Hoon and Ha Ji Won. I would love that casting. I'm sure this couple will be so amazing.  :lol:

Joo Ji Hoon, Ha Ji Won, And Ki Hong Lee Considering Offers For New Drama

Joo-Ji-Hoon-Ha-Ji-Won-Ki-Hong-Lee.jpg

Joo Ji Hoon, Ha Ji Won, and Ki Hong Lee are considering appearing in an upcoming drama!

On February 19, Ha Ji Won’s agency Haewadal Entertainment said, “‘Prometheus’ is one of the many offers she has received. She is currently considering it.”

Joo Ji Hoon’s agency Keyeast Entertainment also stated, “He received the offer for ‘Prometheus’ and is currently reviewing it.”

Other actors are also considering roles, including Ki Hong Lee, the Korean-American actor well known for his roles in the “Maze Runner” film series as well as “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.” Production company JL Media Group has stated that Ki Hong Lee was presented with the casting offer when he was recently visiting Korea, and they were told he would consider it positively.

“Prometheus” is a drama that will tell the story of three missing North Korean scientists who have knowledge on the existence of long-range missiles in their country. Intelligence officers from South Korea and other countries try to track them down. The broadcast schedule has not yet been finalized.

After the passing of her younger brother Jeon Tae Soo, Ha Ji Won canceled her promotions for the film “Manhunt” and proceeded with funeral arrangements with her family. The actress will attend a fan signing event held by a brand that she is currently the ambassador for on March 17.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

***Ahhh………….JJH must accept this. I like HJW! I am happy that she gets back right away after what happened to her brother. I need to see Joo Ji Hoon in a drama soon. :lol:

Ha Ji Won and Joo Ji Hoon in talks for new drama 'Prometheus'

joo-ji-hoon-ha-ji-won.jpg

Ha Ji Won and Joo Ji Hoon are reviewing role offers for 'Prometheus'.

'Prometheus' is an action drama portraying the story about top North Korean scientists, who know the deep secrets of the missiles, going missing in a foreign nation. 

On February 19, Ha Ji Won's agency Haewadal Entertainment and Joo Ji Hoon's agency Key East Entertainment announced the actors are in talks of playing the leads of the new production. 

Stay tuned for updates. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, willenette said:

***Ahhh………….JJH must accept this. I like HJW! I am happy that she gets back right away after what happened to her brother. I need to see Joo Ji Hoon in a drama soon. :lol:

dragonprayplz.gif?1I really want to see him in a drama too. HJW is just the icing on the cake, I like her a lot too and think they would make such a great otp. This weekend I watched some Mask fanmade mv's on youtube that made me miss JJH, I'm so ready to watch him in a drama. I'm happy that HJW is going to busy too. It will help her.

3 hours ago, evie7 said:

dragonprayplz.gif?1I really want to see him in a drama too. HJW is just the icing on the cake, I like her a lot too and think they would make such a great otp. This weekend I watched some Mask fanmade mv's on youtube that made me miss JJH, I'm so ready to watch him in a drama. I'm happy that HJW is going to busy too. It will help her.

Hi evie, I love "Mask" - Aside from JJH, I also enjoyed watching Yeon Jung Hoon here. Soo Ae has great chemistry with her leading man, Ju Ji HoonThe ending is a pleasing one. For those who still haven't watched this drama - If you love hardcore melodramas with lots of twists and turns and a beautifully depicted romance at the core, then don't miss "Mask." It had an interesting plot set up that made me want to watch on to find out more about the mysteries that had been sprinkled throughout the early episodes. The first couple episodes of "Mask" jump right into the overall premise of the drama.  There were times when "Mask" lost focus but the overall plot was definitely enjoyable. :lol:

• Like 1